As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Wrestling Thread] is adequately prepared for The End

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    There's no way they can stretch Finn/Nakamura until Takeover right? That feels like a long time.

They easily can. The match doesn't need a traditional build up, just announce the Takeover date and cut a few backstage promos. It will hype itself.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I have been confused by all the buzz about tons more wrestlers. The amount of TV time is unchanged, so if they add in too many it just leaves more people being invisible.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Magell wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Man, Meltzer is just completely shitting on this brand split idea. For those here who agree is there really no hope for you that it will work out for the best?

They have enough talent that it should work, but WWE has often shown the ability to fuck up easy to nail concepts. Plus I think the two brands will be too similar. They don't have Heyman booking Smackdown to give it a different feel.

They've got the former NXT head writer for Smackdown though. But I doubt he's going to be allowed to do what he did in that brand unless Vince gives him a shocking amount of freedom.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    apparently finn balor orchestrated ibushi's appearance in the CWC

i take back about 35% of what I've said about Finn

he seems like a super rad dude and I think getting him out of NXT will actually do a whole hell of a lot for him

SanderJK wrote: »
    I have been confused by all the buzz about tons more wrestlers. The amount of TV time is unchanged, so if they add in too many it just leaves more people being invisible.

That will be the biggest test of the brand split. Obviously you can't push everybody but a good balance must be had.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

People are only going to be on one show now. So there's nobody taking up matches on both shows.

I would really like to see WWE take the one good idea Vince Russo had; whoever you feature on the shows give them a reason to be there.

Right now WWE has a decent amount of mid card angles and feuds featured but they could always do better.

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    There's no way they can stretch Finn/Nakamura until Takeover right? That feels like a long time.

They easily can. The match doesn't need a traditional build up, just announce the Takeover date and cut a few backstage promos. It will hype itself.

Yuck. Then any guesses on who Joe faces at Takeover? Because right now the main event level dudes are Samoa Joe, Finn Balor and Nakamura.

nicopernicus on

Yuck. Then any guesses on who Joe faces at Takeover? Because right now the main event level dudes are Samoa Joe, Finn Balor and Nakamura.

Austin Aries, the man who ended his RoH title reign.

If Hideo is cleared I want to see him win a number one contenders tourney or something and face Joe.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

A returning Hideo Itami

CYpGAPn.png
    Itami would be a great pick. I hope he comes back soon. It has been took long since I've seen him wrestle. Aries would be a little weird as he just lost to Nakamura.

edited June 2016
    wirehead26 on
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    I had my son do my Money in the Bank picks. Which is why he thinks a create a wrestler is going to Raw.

Senor Bones??

edited June 2016

Another fun tidbit from that story...
    "Ibushi said Finn is the only foreign guy who he knows the phone number.

And he said the story at backstage of NXT Takeover Dallas. When he went to the backstage, he did “High five” to a big man. The big man was “Vince Mcmahon”. Ibushi didn’t know who he is. So the staff of WWE were really upset."

:D

nicopernicus on
    So that Adam Rose mugshot shirt? Rose says it was his wife's idea.

Jeez

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I'm not excusing the guy but in this business and with the situation they appear to be in (at the least we know he lost his job, I won't make assumptions about their home life) desperation isn't shocking to me and bad judgement is barely news.

I hope they find whatever help they need that would lead them to thinking this was smart or would help in any way. I hope that help isn't some smaller fed saying yeah, come be this heel for us. that would be very sad to me.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited June 2016
    I'm not against Rose and his family trying to make a living but just... some stuff is just way too damn uncomfortable.

wirehead26 on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

I like fergal devitt the dude a whole bunch

it's finn balor the character that I'm bored with

this is a very hard ppv to pick for

granted I'm usually way off so maybe I should always find it a bit harder

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I really have no idea what's going on in WWE right now so I just went with things that seem relatively safe picks, so I assume "creative" will just shit all over it by being zany.
    Oh and obviously Giant Tiger is going to Raw.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    I'm already starting to regret picking Owens.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    my picks have been bad all season and I haven't watched raw in ages so I just made some stuff up

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I wonder why the IC title isn't in this PPV

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

The Miz is too busy being a famous movie star to defend the title this PPV.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227

Because your Intercontinental Champion, the A-Lister, is away in Hollywood busy making his next hit movie.
    https://youtu.be/AnyScAJcN2c

I've been starting raw very late and so able to skip most of the show :P so I am not sure, has he been giving weekly updates as to his whereabouts? I thought that'd be fine if he wasn't gonna defend but if he's just been off raw entirely that's a bummer.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I really have no idea what's going on in WWE right now so I just went with things that seem relatively safe picks, so I assume "creative" will just shit all over it by being zany.
    Oh and obviously Giant Tiger is going to Raw.

Giant Tiger to Raw, Nick Gage to Smackdown.

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

He also said he only signed for the CWC, because "I have something left which I have to do here in Japan"

in case you're wondering why i have heart-eyes right now

Dex Dynamo wrote: »

He also said he only signed for the CWC, because "I have something left which I have to do here in Japan"

in case you're wondering why i have heart-eyes right now

Wait, how would being involved in the CWC help that?

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    he's saying he didn't sign a full-time contract because he has something left to do in japan which he couldn't do in WWE

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    He's saying that he doesn't want to anything outside japan besides the cwc, wirehead

The implication is that Ibushi wants one last run at Kenny Omega before he considers a real WWE run

I wish Omega would give WWE another chance

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I understand why he wouldnt want to though

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited June 2016
    I wish Omega would give WWE another chance

Apparently WWE developmental circa 2006 was equivalent to the Clockwork Orange chair to him.

Another example of how damaging that time period was and how WWE is still paying for it.

wirehead26 on
    MITB picks

Deans wins the briefcase
    Seth wins the title then Dean cashes in and wins
    Titus wins
    Ganderson win
    Styles wins
    Lasstalya wins

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Surprising nobody, Kenny Omega's stance on the WWE is my favourite thing about him.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
This discussion has been closed.