As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Brother Nero has betrayed the [Wrestling Thread]

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    What's the card look like for the preshow, anyway?

Dudley's vs LD and Golden Truth vs Breezango.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited June 2016
    So those alleged past names WWE is interested in bringing back? Forbes has the scoop
    According to Forbes, WWE has reportedly contacted Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and Goldberg. They say that WWE would like to use Angle on Smackdown, and possibly team him with NXT tag team American Alpha. WWE is also reportedly interested in bringing back Carlito, John Morrison, JTG, Shad Gaspard and Shelton Benjamin.

wirehead26 on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So those alleged past names WWE is interested in bringing back? Forbes has the scoop
    Jeff Hardy

BROTHER NERO

I KNEW YOU'D COME

Dex Dynamo on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Literally the only dude in there I would get excited about is Morrison

Angle would be good as a manager but shouldn't wrestle

CYpGAPn.png
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't understand this contract signing
    Why is allowing the Club in even on the table
    What tension is there that AJ would ever take that deal anyway

By signing the "/w the Club" contract AJ is essentially admitting he can't beat Cena clean, and that he's going to have the Club interfere somehow, his victory will forever be tainted and he won't gain any credit for a "real" win over Cena.

If he signs the "no Club" contract, which he did, he's agreeing to no Club at ringside, it'll be him and Cena, one on one, better man wins.

Okay, but... why would he ever sign the first one
    Why would they have Cena give that spiel and then try to create any kind of expectation that AJ would actually do that one

Cena was trying to manipulate Styles. He played to Styles' ego and desire to be the absolute best to get Styles to ban his own buddies from ringside.

xderwsaxganu.png
    speaking of BROTHER NERO, here's 11 minutes of people remixing a terrible scene from that terrible tna segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwpQ8CDI_jY

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    And if they're going to try to bring anyone back, I'd love to see MVP get another shot. I always liked him.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Per Meltzer and a flub in WWE's weekly network recap, Kalisto was originally the 7th man in the MitB match

Now he is doing a pre show tag match with the Dudleys

Wonder what happened there

CYpGAPn.png
    edited June 2016
    Goldberg I can't see coming back on a full time schedule, he'd get the Brock deal. But no way Vince pays him as much. Mysterio I'd only like to see feud with Kalisto. Jeff Hardy I just don't see much use for in WWE anymore. Angle could be primarily a mentor and wrestle on occasion.

wirehead26 on
    I don't see any reason for WWE to bring back Jeff Hardy

willow the wisp on the other hand

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Okay, Pick-ems time...
    WWE Champion Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins
    Winner of Match [11] *
    Roman
    Will the MITB Briefcase be cashed in? [5] No (I think there will be an attempt, but I don't think it'll go through)

Money in the Bank Match
    Winner of Match [11] *
    Deano ("Other" should have been "Othero," though.)

Tag Team Champions New Day vs. Enzo and Cass vs. Gallows and Anderson vs. The Vaudevillians
    Winning Team [8] *
    New Day
    Winning Team Member [4] * Kofi
    Losing Team Member [3] * English

John Cena vs. AJ Styles
    Winner of Match [8] *
    AJ Styles
    Method of Fall [3] * Styles Clash

US Champion Rusev vs. Titus O'Neil
    Winner of Match [7] *
    Titus

Charlotte and Dana Brooke vs. Becky Lynch and Natalya
    Winning Team [6] *
    Charlotte/Dana

Apollo Crews vs. Sheamus
    Winner of Match [5] *
    Sheamus

Title Changes
    How many Titles Changes will happen at Money in the Bank? [5] *
    One

So, uh, there's gonna be a brand split!
    Who would you first pick for Raw?
    Kevin Owens
    And Smackdown? Cesaro (Actually, if I were running either, the correct pick would be "Brock Lesnar," but anyway...)

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited June 2016
    Carlito I don't give a shit about unless he forms a heel trio with Epico and Primo, and even then that's pushing it. Cryme Tyme? Eh. Less stereotype bullshit please if they are returning. I'm pretty sure Shelton Benjamin is still an utter void of charisma so nope to him. Morrison isn't much better in the charisma department but I like watching him more.

wirehead26 on
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone excited for the New Japan show tonight? The card looks pretty great. I'm really looking forward to:
    - Naito/Okada for the big belt
    - Omega/Elgin in a ladder match
    - Kushida/Ospreay
    And a bunch of other stuff.

Now taking bets on how angry this match makes Vader.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Also Benjamin is about to turn 41 so unless he's still in amazing shape he won't be able to do all the cool shit he used to do.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

Nikki with the flying knee would be awesome

JTG working for WWE again would just be hilarious.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Vince has to find out how the campaign ends.

He has to.

Cryme Tyme with a retooled non-stereotype gimmick could be a great heel foil for Enzo and Cass.

The racial connotations would be way too awkward though, even if they never bring race up in the feud.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Also Benjamin is about to turn 41 so unless he's still in amazing shape he won't be able to do all the cool shit he used to do.

From what I saw of him in NJPW he's still a solid hand and good worker.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I miss Jeff Hardy and Shelton Benjamin

would love to see them in an IC title run

Magell wrote: »

From what I saw of him in NJPW he's still a solid hand and good worker.

That's good.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Watching Smackdown!, which I DVR'd...what is it about Becky Lynch? She seems to have more personal chemistry with anyone they team her up with than either Nikki or Brie had with their own twin sister.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Everyone excited for the New Japan show tonight? The card looks pretty great. I'm really looking forward to:
    - Kushida/Ospreay

I'm going to get excited and make it through the first match then fall asleep and then put off rewatch ingredients the show.

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Magell wrote: »
    - Kushida/Ospreay

I'm going to get excited and make it through the first match then fall asleep and then put off rewatch ingredients the show.

One of the "benefits" to having a two week old baby is that I basically don't sleep at all at night... So I'm really excited to finally watch a NJPW show live.

nicopernicus on
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    New Japan is pretty much the only wrestling I get to see live. Except for the rare occasion that a WWE event coincides with a public holiday down here, or that one live Japan show they did.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Nikki with the flying knee would be awesome

More awesome would be if they developed something all-new that we've never seen before -- something maybe he'd use if he were still wrestling.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Is JTG Still Employed By The WWE?

maybe

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    According to Forbes, WWE has reportedly contacted Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and Goldberg. They say that WWE would like to use Angle on Smackdown, and possibly team him with NXT tag team American Alpha. WWE is also reportedly interested in bringing back Carlito, John Morrison, JTG, Shad Gaspard and Shelton Benjamin.

My jimmies are most assuredly rustled at this idea.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.

My jimmies are most assuredly rustled at this idea.

That would be freaking amazing.

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Give me this match on a ppv soon please. Thank you...

I fear the brand split will make that match a pipe dream for now.

• ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Question about the network: If I can't start watching mitb until an hour after it starts, do I have to wait for it to be over to watch it from the beginning? Or can I just start it from the beginning mid-stream?

Zellpher on
    Zellpher wrote: »
    Question about the network: If I can't start watching it until an hour after it starts, do I have to wait for it to be over to watch it from the beginning? Or can I just start it from the beginning mid-stream?

There is a "Watch from Beginning" option for live streams.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Huh, apparently due to a lawsuit with one of the big ticketing companies, I've got 2 general admission passes I can use for 1 event through 2020. Guess I'll have to make some time next time WWE rolls through town...

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Per Meltzer and a flub in WWE's weekly network recap, Kalisto was originally the 7th man in the MitB match

Now he is doing a pre show tag match with the Dudleys

Wonder what happened there

keeping the team together because a brand split means they need more? idk, that's a shame I'd have loved to see him as a step away from a step away from the title.

he also did that amazing selena del sol on the ladder in that tag match

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited June 2016
    Cool match.

But I'm pretty sure WWE can sue you for that logo if they really felt like being dicks.
    13443110_10154219605318764_7793929780066572184_o.jpg

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Rusev really looks like he's lost some weight over the past few months. Dude looks great.

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2016
    Matev wrote: »
    Huh, apparently due to a lawsuit with one of the big ticketing companies, I've got 2 general admission passes I can use for 1 event through 2020. Guess I'll have to make some time next time WWE rolls through town...

Sadly, the vouchers are just through Livenation, not ticketmaster themselves. And wwe does not go through livenation. And they can be used at select shows only (none announced so far).

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    ongoing NJPW stuff
    Bucks win the Jr Tag belts again, KUSHIDA beats Ospreay, the fucking briscoes win the heavyweight tag belts, before getting jumped by adam page and the bullet club, marking this as a rare occasion where I have to root for the Bullet Club

non title stuff

LIJ loses the tag match and EVIL loses to Goto, gotta put CHAOS over i guess

shibata beat nagata for the openweight belt, very emotional match

WeedLordVegeta on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
This discussion has been closed.