As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Brother Nero has betrayed the [Wrestling Thread]

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    These ladders do not look sturdy enough for a wrestling match

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    NJPW
    #BIGMILK IS THE NEW IC CHAMP

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

One of my favorite things in wrestling is refs flipping off the heels, pushing them and/or telling them to suck it.

They always look so dorky when they do it, but when heels react properly to it (like the Bucks did here), it's the best.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    NJPW
    Okada beats naito

Which wouldn't be as bad if literally everyone in LIJ hadn't lost tonight

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Man, I really liked that NXT Womens Championship match at The End.

I'm waaaay behind on everything.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Goldberg I can't see coming back on a full time schedule, he'd get the Brock deal. But no way Vince pays him as much. Mysterio I'd only like to see feud with Kalisto. Jeff Hardy I just don't see much use for in WWE anymore. Angle could be primarily a mentor and wrestle on occasion.

WGTT and AA feuding over who deserves Angle's mentorship more.

Morrison returns and forms a stable with Ryder and Ziggler(and maybe Mojo....JoMo and Mojo!) and their entire gimmick can basically be a live version of Zack's YouTube series.

Team up Brother Nero and straight-haired JTG and just have Nero constantly calling him Matt.

THE IDEAS WRITE THEMSELVES!

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'd rather we didn't get a bunch of old has-beens

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Just like the idea of a brand split, there is nothing inherently wrong with older wrestlers being on the roster. It's a question of how you use them.

Do you team them up with younger guys to give them some experience and give them a little bit of a rub? Are the older guys putting the younger guys over like Jericho tends to do?

It's all in the writing. I want to see good matches and stories. The age of the performer matters little in either regard.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    If this brand split gives me Kofi Kingston v. Shelton Benjamin in an nonelimination-off in the Royal Rumble, it will have been worth it.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Just like the idea of a brand split, there is nothing inherently wrong with older wrestlers being on the roster. It's a question of how you use them.

Do you team them up with younger guys to give them some experience and give them a little bit of a rub? Are the older guys putting the younger guys over like Jericho tends to do?

It's all in the writing. I want to see good matches and stories. The age of the performer matters little in either regard.

Yep, actual age vs TV age should be a bigger factor.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    Huh, apparently due to a lawsuit with one of the big ticketing companies, I've got 2 general admission passes I can use for 1 event through 2020. Guess I'll have to make some time next time WWE rolls through town...

Sadly, the vouchers are just through Livenation, not ticketmaster themselves. And wwe does not go through livenation. And they can be used at select shows only (none announced so far).

This is incorrect at least for NXT. They're using live nation for NXT Live in Indianapolis.

Also yeah they're bullshitting with that list. I wanna know what I can go to for freeeee

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Bring in Regal to manage the new Cryme Tyme. I might be horrible for liking it but the clip of Regal singing Money money, yeah yeah makes me crack up every time.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Ken O wrote: »
    Bring in Regal to manage the new Cryme Tyme. I might be horrible for liking it but the clip of Regal singing Money money, yeah yeah makes me crack up every time.

For those that have not seen the greatness that is this moment:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x130mhk_wwe-summerslam-2007-funny-segment-with-vince-mcmahon-jonathan-coachman-teddy-long-william-regal-crym_sport

And here's a bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UODxBeK3vcQ

• Options
    Stevie Richards and MVP were also contacted to return allegedly.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    This was my favorite thing from the show.
    Also that ladder match was incredible.

nicopernicus on
  • Options
    Real shame about the booking

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

what soured you on the booking?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    ClUKS3dWMAA_7x5.jpg

Why the fuck would the host ask Mick about guys hitting on his daughter.

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

Just the fact that LIJ all lost in the same night

Doesn't seem like Sanadaand EVIL are really treated as threats compared to their redebuts

They spent a long time cultivating a very cool stable and even if they're going to rise again when naito wins the g1 it sucks that they feel kinda toothless for the moment

• Options
    I 10000% believe that about ziggler fwiw

• Options
    Sunny is celebrating 90 days straight of sobriety after another WWE sponsored rehab session.

Hope she stays clean this time.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    ClUKS3dWMAA_7x5.jpg

Because wrestlers are gross.

• Options
    ClUKS3dWMAA_7x5.jpg

Because wrestlers are gross.

Well yeah but why would the host even ask Mick about that.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    ClUKS3dWMAA_7x5.jpg

it really wasn't awkward when listening to it, rosenberg is friendly with noelle and had a great rapport with mick himself

also, I remember him saying corbin, not ziggler, but that might be on me. (it may have been that rosenberg responded by mentioning corbin because he's wrestling ziggler. that does make sense)

honestly nothing about it was weird in any sense if you hear it in context. mick said when he was younger he was single while training and he thinks if he had someone at his side he might not have pushed through the hard times, he might have retreated to that comfort.

he also wasn't as down on her progress as that post makes it sound. she and he agreed her current issue is that she has trouble selling as far as her face, she smiles too much, things like that. it's not like it was just him saying she's bad because of her boyfriend and then rosenberg creeping on her. frank's size was only mentioned in the sense that he wouldn't be physically intimidating to the wrestlers. and the job thing is like the most normal thing for a dad to say about 18-21 year old kids.

sorry to be super defensive but I listened and like rosenberg a bunch so I want to set the record straight.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I should have listened to the interview then it sounds like.

Regardless while it is skeevy of Dolph both him and Noelle are adults so it doesn't bother me much even with the age difference.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

Just the fact that LIJ all lost in the same night

Doesn't seem like Sanadaand EVIL are really treated as threats compared to their redebuts

They spent a long time cultivating a very cool stable and even if they're going to rise again when naito wins the g1 it sucks that they feel kinda toothless for the moment
    oh I thought you meant the booking of the ladder match specifically

hence the milk pun

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I hope WWE has a pre-match video package tonight that's as bonkers as the NJPW ladder match one.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    MITB betting odds
    Apparently, the odds on the main event tonight just flipped, with Seth going from a massive underdog to a pretty big favorite.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    MITB betting odds
    Apparently, the odds on the main event tonight just flipped, with Seth going from a massive underdog to a pretty big favorite.
    Wow that really flips the narrative around if it comes to pass.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Seth wins at MITB, Cena defeats Seth at Battleground, at Summerslam, please cheer for your 4 time world heavyweight champion Roman Reigns.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    Cuvis where are you reading the betting odds?

Everywhere I read still has Roman heavily favored

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

"Real Shame About the Booking: The New Japan Story."

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    It's a shame because Shibata vs The Third Generation has been super good

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Pretty sure that title works for every wrestling promotion, except PWG.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Just put in my picks

As per usual, I put in some long-shot shit regarding the main event

One day it will pay off

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Pretty sure that title works for every wrestling promotion, except PWG.

Yeah the title of the PWG Book is "Circlejerks For Dummies"

This discussion has been closed.