As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Like a thing unto iron!

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Graphic Violence
Iron Fist needs his own thread. He is getting a new book in November, written by Brubaker and Fraction, with art by David Aja.

Newsarama has an interview from Wizard World Chicago, wherein Brubaker and Fraction get me really excited to read the book.

THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST #1
tiironfist001coverrgbjj0cd6.th.jpg

Written by ED BRUBAKER AND MATT FRACTION
Pencils and Cover by DAVID AJA
Many years ago, in the mystical city of Kun’ Lun, young Danny Rand stared at a suit behind glass -- the garb of “the Immortal Iron Fist” -- and knew that he was destined to wear it. But where did this costume come from? Why did it wait for Danny all those years like a shadow of his future?
The answer to those questions will stun both him and his readers, as Danny Rand leaps from the pages of his breakout hit in DAREDEVIL to his own series - a history-spanning kung-fu epic that will shatter every perception of what it means to be the Immortal Iron Fist! Brought to you by top-ten writer Ed Brubaker and breakout talent Matt Fraction (Punisher War Journal), with action-packed art by David Aja (Daredevil, Giant-Size Wolverine).
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

MORE PREVIEW

ironfist001inthires0001ng7.th.jpg
ironfist001inthires0002bn0.th.jpg ironfist001inthires0003ui2.th.jpg

ironfist001inthires0004bg7.th.jpg ironfist001inthires0005br8.th.jpg

ironfist001inthires0006gh9.th.jpg ironfist001inthires0007va9.th.jpg

THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST #2
tiironfist002zl7ej6.th.jpg

Written by MATT FRACTION
Pencils & Cover by DAVID AJA
What has the Rand Corporation done to awaken the wrath of Hydra? Iron Fist kicks his way toward the truth as another piece of the puzzle comes crashing into his life—a living legend long- thought dead! Don’t miss the second action-packed issue of Marvel’s hottest new kung fu series!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

IMMORTAL IRON FIST #3
ironfist003cvrcolio8.th.jpg

Written by ED BRUBAKER & MATT FRACTION
Pencils and Cover by DAVID AJA
Mysterious enemy forces circle all around him, as Danny Rand comes face to face with history! The legacy of the Iron Fist becomes clear, as he leaps to the aid of a man he has long-thought was dead... and who has come seeking Danny's help with an army on his trail.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
Immortal Iron Fist #4:
if20420covht8.th.jpg
found something for #4
COVER BY: DAVID AJA
WRITER: MATT FRACTION
ED BRUBAKER
PENCILS: DAVID AJA
INKS: DAVID AJA
COLORED BY: MATT HOLLINGSWORTH
THE STORY:
You are Danny Rand -- scion of a martial arts dynasty that stretches back to the dawn of time, CEO of a multibillion-dollar business conglomerate, and a recently reactivated superhero in the Marvel Universe. A plot to destroy you, your legacy, your company and your good name hatched centuries ago and now has you in its clutches -- and your only ally is a might-be-crazy former Iron Fist that somehow survived the First World War. It's your fourth issue. You are probably doomed.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

PRICE: 2.99
IN STORES: 2007-04-04
Immortal Iron Fist #5:
COVER BY: DAVID AJA
WRITER: MATT FRACTION
PENCILS: DAVID AJA
INKS: DAVID AJA
COLORED BY: MATT HOLLINGSWORTH
LETTERED BY: VC - TBD

THE STORY:
It's the collision you've been waiting for: the Iron Fists of two different eras come head to head! Daniel Rand: the Iron Fist of the modern age, rocketed back to front and center of the Marvel Universe. Orson Randall: the Iron Fist of decades past, somehow still alive, somehow still on the run from the nightmare of the first World War, and somehow…sharing…the power of the Iron Fist with Danny. They'll have to learn to work together if they want to escape a trap that sprang to life centuries ago, their shared mystical lineage may be their only hope at surviving HYDRA’s full-on assault against…THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST! Written by Ed Brubaker (CAPTAIN AMERICA) and Matt Fraction (PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL, CASANOVA) and drawn by the brilliant David Aja (DAREDEVIL) with Travel Foreman (ARES).
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
PRICE: 2.99
IN STORES: 2007-04-25

Immortal Iron Fist #6:

ironfist006fx8.th.jpg
Written by ED BRUBAKER AND MATT FRACTION
Penciled by DAVID AJA and TRAVEL FOREMAN
Cover by DAVID AJA
Orson Randall, the only man who holds all the answers to Danny Rand's questions about the legacy of the Iron Fist, is being hunted by the reincarnated reinvigorated, and always wicked Steel Serpent. Hydra, manipulated by an ancient evil they're only beginning to understand, is in the process of dismantling the Rand corporate empire. Both events have been facilitated by a betrayal from within, and both events might spell the end of the mystical city of K'un L'un once and for all.
This is the final chapter of "The Last Iron Fist Story." Surely nothing terrible or tragic will happen, right?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

IMMORTAL IRON FIST #7
ironfistcopydk1.th.jpg

Written by ED BRUBAKER & MATT FRACTION
Pencils and Cover by TRAVEL FOREMAN
Her name was Wu Ao-Shi, and she was known as the Pirate Queen of Pinghai Bay...and that all came after she left K'un-Lun and took the power of the Iron Fist with her. Kicking her way out of the pages of THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST #2, this stand-alone issue tells the story of Wu Ao-Shi, from the moment she became the first woman to touch the heart of Shou-Lao the Undying, to her mysterious, controversial and epic ending. At long last, America: someone has combined pirates, kicking, girls, and Iron Fist into a single comic book. You're welcome.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

DouglasDanger on

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I thought this would be about Iron Thing.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Hell Yes Danny Rand deserves a thread, I've only read his guest appearances in Daredevil and Cable and Deadpool but he is definitly one of my favorite characters.
    Right up there with Animal Man and Dr. Strange, I'm having trifecta of awesome.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Matt Fraction is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. Cassanova is great fun, and Five Fists of Science was five fists of fantastic.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    If Luke Cage is in Ultimate Alliance and Iron Fist isn't, it is a crime against humanity.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    If Luke Cage is in Ultimate Alliance and Iron Fist isn't, it is a crime against humanity.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    these are the letters that represent my thumbs being up

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'll read almost anything written by The Bru.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    How are the Essential books? They are black and white, right? What is the paper quality? I see they are... "hella wicked" cheap "for realz", which is certainly a good thing given my financial situation, but are they readable?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    How are the Essential books? They are black and white, right? What is the paper quality? I see they are... "hella wicked" cheap "for realz", which is certainly a good thing given my financial situation, but are they readable?
    They're readable and black and white, and the paper quality is poor.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    It's like reading the phonebook, only instead of having a phone number everybody is getting kicked in the face or punched.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    that's kind of like when i read the phone book

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Brubaker is one of the five or so best writers in comics today.

Yeah.

This will be great.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    oh man, those covers are by the interior artist

i thought they were by michael lark

this is gonna rule

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Oh man, totally buying it sometime soon

buy it i mean Essential Iron Fist

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Does anyone else think Iron Fist's crotch is like, really elongated on that third cover? It looks really.. weird.

I'm really looking forward to this though, despite having read very little of the character.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    He does seem kind of elongated. Whole body slightly elongated. A stylistic thing, I guess. Also, the belts make it seem longer than normal, I bet. I enjoyed it enough to make it a wallpaper.

Not his elongated groin, but the picture, you guys

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Is that the bat symbol on his outfit?

Kidding!

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I am telling you guys right now that Matt Fraction is blowing up. The guy is going places.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Casanova left me flat after the first few issues, but I dig Five Fists of Science so hard, and what I've seen of Fraction's new Punisher looks cool.

Fraction and Brubaker makes reading this a no-brainer.

It should also be said that the Iron Fist costume is badass.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    thread graderthread grader Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    meh.

I like Luke Cage and Iron Fist together

thread grader on
    A+: very rare material - sticky material
    A: splendid thread! rare to see an A
    B: good thread - those interested in topic will love thread
    C: your average thread, not bad - but nothing special
    D: What was thread starter thinking? This is crap.
    F: Thread should be deleted and thread starter should be ridiculed and/or banned.
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    meh.

I like Luke Cage and Iron Fist together
    I was upset when Cage got married, too.

He's supposed to be with Danny, I said through the tears.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    When does this start? I am all up over this.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Are you blind?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    When does this start? I am all up over this.

It's a secret to everyone.

august on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    I thought it was going to be about The Thing fighting Iron Man.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    The first issue comes out soon, right? :wink:

preview!

[spoiler:85343c0222]IN STORES: 2006-11-29 [/spoiler:85343c0222]

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Maybe this will start some discussion!
    Iron Fist vs Hydra!
    405032wm6.th.jpg 405033ze4.th.jpg

That is some awesome artwork right there!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Man, I wasn't even gonna bother with this book. Then I read that Brubaker was writing. That was all I needed to hear; it's now on my pull list at the LCS.

For serious, chopsocky action + that noir stuff that Brubaker does = massive win. I just hope they redesign that fucking lame suit of his.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Iron Fist vs Hydra!

Very very purty but not much of a preview.
    I will be getting this issue when it hits, for I love Danny Rand the most a heterosexual underage white male can love a fictional male martial artist.
    wwtMask wrote:
    For serious, chopsocky action + that noir stuff that Brubaker does = massive win. I just hope they redesign that fucking lame suit of his.

You go to hell. You go to hell and you die.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Iron Fist vs Hydra!

Very very purty but not much of a preview.
    I will be getting this issue when it hits, for I love Danny Rand the most a heterosexual underage white male can love a fictional male martial artist.
    wwtMask wrote:

You go to hell. You go to hell and you die.

Sure. I'm crazy because I think the spandex leisure suit look is out of date. :roll: Luke Cage isn't wearing his 70s costume, and neither should Danny Rand.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    ironfist003cvrcolio8.th.jpg

Looks like a world war two Iron Fist. Perhaps some retconning is in order here, making the Iron Fist indentity something like The Phantom? Someone always in costume, throughout the ages or something.

MORE PREVIEW

ironfist001inthires0001ng7.th.jpg
    ironfist001inthires0002bn0.th.jpg ironfist001inthires0003ui2.th.jpg

ironfist001inthires0004bg7.th.jpg ironfist001inthires0005br8.th.jpg

ironfist001inthires0006gh9.th.jpg ironfist001inthires0007va9.th.jpg

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Here, I changed some colours on that wallpaper on that one site......

ironfist11280x1024rw7.th.gif

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Man, I am pumped for this book!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    In Wizard # 182, there is a page called Iron Fistory. It features some of the Iron Fists throughout the ages:

[spoiler:df87ced267] Danny Rand-- current-- Bru says "he is a fascinating character... almost like the Shadow... really going to dig into his history, the history of the rand fortune, and have him come face to face with his ghosts. when he comes out the other side, he is going to be a richer character for it"

Orson Randall 1900-1933-- possibly the first western Iron Fist, ww1 vet who wandered the globe

Bei Bang-Wen 1827-1860-- "a legendary rebel impervious to blade and bullet, last seen engaging in single combat a regiment of soldiers sweeping the Taku Forts on the shores of the Pei Tang"

Wu Ao-Shi-- 1517-1550-- "most pirates have hooks and peg legs. this one has a fist of iron and the power to level mountains. The Pirate Fist of Pinghai Bay, this wild woman warlord of the waters once destroyed an armada 3000 strongthat dared incur on her oceans, says Fraction. Ever seen a Chinese pirates' vessel? Ever seen three-dozen of them, set on fire? It's pretty sweet."

Bei Ming-Tian-- every story needs a beginning and this one is no different, thought it will be as big and intense as everything else planned for the series. The first Iron Fist we meet-- literally says Fraction. First issue opens with him facing down invading Ghengis Khan's Mongols.[/spoiler:df87ced267]

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    In Wizard # 182, there is a page called Iron Fistory. It features some of the Iron Fists throughout the ages:

[spoiler:dedeaa4641] Danny Rand-- current-- Bru says "he is a fascinating character... almost like the Shadow... really going to dig into his history, the history of the rand fortune, and have him come face to face with his ghosts. when he comes out the other side, he is going to be a richer character for it"

Orson Randall 1900-1933-- possibly the first western Iron Fist, ww1 vet who wandered the globe

Bei Bang-Wen 1827-1860-- "a legendary rebel impervious to blade and bullet, last seen engaging in single combat a regiment of soldiers sweeping the Taku Forts on the shores of the Pei Tang"

Wu Ao-Shi-- 1517-1550-- "most pirates have hooks and peg legs. this one has a fist of iron and the power to level mountains. The Pirate Fist of Pinghai Bay, this wild woman warlord of the waters once destroyed an armada 3000 strongthat dared incur on her oceans, says Fraction. Ever seen a Chinese pirates' vessel? Ever seen three-dozen of them, set on fire? It's pretty sweet."

Bei Ming-Tian-- every story needs a beginning and this one is no different, thought it will be as big and intense as everything else planned for the series. The first Iron Fist we meet-- literally says Fraction. First issue opens with him facing down invading Ghengis Khan's Mongols.[/spoiler:dedeaa4641]

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    i've been catching up on all the captain america and daredevil stuff brubaker's been doing and goddammit it just made me even more excited for this series

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Marvel's Agent M interviews Warren Simons, Iron Fist is dicussed, among other things.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    God fucking damnit, I am so gay for Iron Fist right now.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    I thought it was going to be about The Thing fighting Iron Man.

I was hoping it would be about my cock.

But a Brubaker kung-fu title is almost as good. Even if Criminal has been horribly disappointing.

Hensler on