As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PSN] 7 June - Mirror's Edge Catalyst | SteamWorld Heist | Odin Sphere | Sherlock TDD

19495969798100»

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Something something, The Drop.

It's basically an Indie Week this Week, though Umbrella Corps comes out solely to be the big fish in a small pond, I guess. I don't think it's doing much beyond that, since Operation Raccoon City might've poisoned the well as far as 'competitive experience' 'from the world of Resident Evil' goes. Not to mention, I didn't know the game actually existed. I think I'm out of touch but not that much. Maybe.

If you're looking to give Mighty No. 9 a shot, remember that it's Cross-Buy physically and digitally across all three Playstation Platforms. So if you buy the PS4 disk, it's supposed to come with a code for a digital copy of the PS3 and Vita versions.

Its not listed in the drop, but the digital version of Grand Kingdom on the PS4 also releases this week. Its preloading on my PS4 right now with a midnight release countdown clock.

Yeah, crap. I meant to include that since I thought the physical versions were coming out this week (it's next week) but forgot.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I have a question for the Odin Sphere veterans in here. This Royal Orb that I got for finishing the boss rush, it says it increases my attack power by a percentage based on my level, but also drains Phozons.

Now, does this increase in attack power only happen while I have phozons to be drained? Or is this increase in attack power just always on and the trade off is that I can't keep any phozons while using the orb?

It drains the Phozons you have. If you have no Phozons, you get no effect. Unlike all other trinkets, the Royal Orb also does not stack.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Something something, The Drop.

It's basically an Indie Week this Week, though Umbrella Corps comes out solely to be the big fish in a small pond, I guess. I don't think it's doing much beyond that, since Operation Raccoon City might've poisoned the well as far as 'competitive experience' 'from the world of Resident Evil' goes. Not to mention, I didn't know the game actually existed. I think I'm out of touch but not that much. Maybe.

If you're looking to give Mighty No. 9 a shot, remember that it's Cross-Buy physically and digitally across all three Playstation Platforms. So if you buy the PS4 disk, it's supposed to come with a code for a digital copy of the PS3 and Vita versions.

Its not listed in the drop, but the digital version of Grand Kingdom on the PS4 also releases this week. Its preloading on my PS4 right now with a midnight release countdown clock.

Yeah, crap. I meant to include that since I thought the physical versions were coming out this week (it's next week) but forgot.

They had some packaging issues with the physical editions at their warehouse, so they all got delayed a week.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I have a question for the Odin Sphere veterans in here. This Royal Orb that I got for finishing the boss rush, it says it increases my attack power by a percentage based on my level, but also drains Phozons.

Now, does this increase in attack power only happen while I have phozons to be drained? Or is this increase in attack power just always on and the trade off is that I can't keep any phozons while using the orb?

It drains the Phozons you have. If you have no Phozons, you get no effect. Unlike all other trinkets, the Royal Orb also does not stack.

Balls. Then what's the point of the thing.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

By the time you use it, you don't really need Phozons for leveling. At least, that was the idea.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Not sure if I should let a medic or an arcanist babysit my dragon. Both serve the same roles, but one is much better at healing and one is somewhat better at hitting things far away. Medic is also a bit earlier in turn-order, though.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    1001% in Afterbirth GET. I can finally play other games again.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

By the time you use it, you don't really need Phozons for leveling. At least, that was the idea.

Well yeah, that I get.

But for the attack power bonus to only be active while you have phozons being drained is annoying that means you'll get it for like second when you get those bonus phozons for depleting a boss health bar. Seems like a waste of a slot.

Viskod on
    Actually, the gunner does have that convenient defense-buff. Hmm.

• QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I have to wonder, is anyone really itching to get Mighty No. 9 anymore? I mean, some people have a vested interest in it, I get that. But... the later half of that game's dev cycle was a goddamn train wreck, and then the trailers for it were about as lame as possible. I want a successor to old school Megaman, but that game looks... bad.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Not seeing any reviews anywhere for Umbrella Corps, which probably isn't a good sign. Though I guess it was reviewed well in Japan? There's no western reviews I can find, but there are some positive impressions at least. Nothing on the "big" gaming sites, though and really no advertising push from Capcom either. I'm interested in the game a little, but I dunno if it's going to be worth the $40 for a MP only game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    but I dunno if it's going to be worth the $40 for a MP only game.

pV556XVX0DT5Z.JPG

Sorry, thought that was funny.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Well, I took a chance on Overwatch, and it paid off :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    I have to wonder, is anyone really itching to get Mighty No. 9 anymore? I mean, some people have a vested interest in it, I get that. But... the later half of that game's dev cycle was a goddamn train wreck, and then the trailers for it were about as lame as possible. I want a successor to old school Megaman, but that game looks... bad.

As a backer, I'm mildly interested to see how my money was used. I didn't follow the development at all, though the demo wasn't super exciting to me. I'll probably breeze through it over the weekend, or watch my son do so, and call it a day.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Picked up The Order, Tomb Raider DE, and the season pass for Shadow of Mordor. $16.50 well spent. I'm just annoyed none of the Alien: Isolation DLC was on sale.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I just played through Gone Home for the first time.

Holy shit what an emotional experience that was. I went in wanting to play it for a few minutes, and a few hours later it was finished.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Every time I hear that people loved Grow Home, I think "Why? It ran like shit on the PS4" before I realize they meant Gone Home.

Every time I hear that Gone Home is getting a sequel, I think "Why? Didn't the last one have a nicely wrapped-up self contained story" and realize they meant Grow Home.

I really hate how similar they both sound and read.

Folks should really give it a shot. I think it's only like 2-3 hours long, but it's a great story. Well... To me it was.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    If you liked Gone Home, keep an eye out for Tacoma, by the same team. Similar game, should be pretty great.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Grow Home is so bad

Gone Home is

Well

I hear it's good

It's also on my PS4 right now, digitally, I don't even have to put a disc in, and yet I can't muster up enough enthusiasm to play it to even press a few buttons to start it up

I think they just took way too long on getting it to PS4

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    PAL Store Update:

After the revelation that Mighty No. 9 kinda sucks, Odin Sphere is probably the most interesting release this week.
    There's also Umbrella Corps, Dragon Fantasy, Kick Off Revival and some other stuff.
    21st June

Umbrella Corps
    Umbrella Corps Deluxe Edition

Deadlight: Director’s Cut

Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice (PS4, Vita)
    (Only in Aus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Malta, NZ, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, SA, UK)

Electronic Super Joy
    (Not in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)

Pirates: Treasure Hunters
    (Not in Aus, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, NZ, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)

Super Blast Deluxe (Vita)
    (Not in Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE)

Towerfall Ascension (Vita)

XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3, Vita)

Drawful 2

Pac-Man 256

22nd June
    Dreamals: Dream Quest

Funk of Titans (Vita)
    (Not in Aus, NZ)

24th June
    Dino Dini’s Kick Off Revival

Heart&Slash

Mighty No. 9 (PS4, PS3)

N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure
    (Not in Aus, NZ)

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS4, PS3, Vita)

DLC
    21st June
    Fallout 4 - Contraptions Workshop

Star Wars Battlefront - Bespin

Minecraft - Battle Map Pack Season Pass, Battle Map Pack 1

Pirates: Treasure Hunters - Various Packs

Diarmuid on
    Renzo wrote: »
    If you liked Gone Home, keep an eye out for Tacoma, by the same team. Similar game, should be pretty great.

I shall! I quite enjoy the interactive story games.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Grow Home is so bad

Gone Home is

Well

I hear it's good

It's also on my PS4 right now, digitally, I don't even have to put a disc in, and yet I can't muster up enough enthusiasm to play it to even press a few buttons to start it up

You really should play it. It's a well-presented story in the guise of a game. In the sense that there's not a ton of game there, but the atmosphere is very well done.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Grow Home is so bad

Damn, now I need to go try it.

I wouldn't say Grow Home is bad, it's a decent base if they decide to make a full game out of it.

Gone Home is a wonderful story, even if I ultimately feel like it's about
    two young ladies ruining their lives over young(ish) love
    definitely doesn't need a sequel, but I wouldn't mind some kind of bonus answering machine message, or letter in the mail that arrives a year or so later, to let me know how those characters fared.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Grow Home is so bad

Gone Home is

Well

I hear it's good

You really should play it. It's a well-presented story in the guise of a game. In the sense that there's not a ton of game there, but the atmosphere is very well done.

Also it takes 90 minutes tops, even with thorough exploration of the house.

Everyone keep in mind that Tacoma is currently a 2017 release and not scheduled for PS4

Look forward to the PS4 edition in 2019

Man you guys weren't kidding about the length

There's a Trophy for beating the game in less than a minute

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    There's a way to find the final key you need early on if you know exactly where to look, but it skips the entire story. I highly recommend just taking your time and looking around.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Ugh, I thought Tacoma was slated for PS4 along with everything else. Guess I'll have to occupy myself with the million other things I don't have time for already.

I still haven't hired a Dark Knight, Gunner or Shaman. Once I do, I can get these troops a bit more organised.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Beep boop Store Update.
    Playstation Plus

PlayStation Plus Sales

Platform Title PS Plus Price Original Price

PS4 101 HYPERSPACE FREEWAY DYNAMIC THEME $0.98 $2.99
    PS4 BACK TO BED GAME & DYNAMIC THEME BUNDLE $8.99 $14.99
    PS4 DAILY PHOTO – SUNSETS DYNAMIC THEME $0.99 $1.99
    PS4 ELECTRONIC SUPER JOY (CROSS-BUY) $6.99 $9.99
    PS4 ELECTRONIC SUPER JOY (CROSS-BUY): ELECTRONIC SUPER JOY – HOT STICKY MESS $1.79 $2.99
    PS4 FLUSTER CLUCK $4.99 $9.99
    PS4 GHOSTBUSTERS ULTIMATE GAME AND MOVIE BUNDLE $62.99 $69.99
    PS4 GHOSTBUSTERS ULTIMATE GAME AND MOVIE BUNDLE $58.49 $64.99
    PS4 LIGHTNING STORM PANORAMA DYNAMIC THEME $1.49 $2.99
    PS4 LOOT ACTION-PACKED BUNDLE $11.99 $19.99
    PS4 LOOT THEME BUNDLE $9.99 $19.99
    PS4 NBA 2K16: NBA 2K16 – 200000 VC $34.99 $49.99
    PS4 NBA 2K16: NBA 2K16 – 450000 VC $49.99 $99.99
    PS4 Q*BERT: REBOOTED (3-WAY CROSS-BUY) $7.49 $9.99
    PS4 Q*BERT: REBOOTED GAME AND PIXELS THEME BUNDLE $8.99 $11.99
    PS4 THE LAST TINKER: CITY OF COLORS $8.99 $14.99
    PS4 THE LAST TINKER: CITY OF COLORS GAME AND THEME BUNDLE $10.19 $16.99
    PS4 VELOCIBOX (BUNDLE) $6.24 $12.49
    PS4 WHISPERING WILLOWS (GAME AND THEME) (CROSS-BUY) $8.74 $12.49
    PS3 Q*BERT: REBOOTED (3-WAY CROSS-BUY) $7.49 $9.99
    PS Vita DRAW SLASHER $1.19 $5.99
    PS Vita Q*BERT: REBOOTED (3-WAY CROSS-BUY) $7.49 $9.99
    PS Vita WHISPERING WILLOWS (GAME AND PS4 THEME) (CROSS-BUY) $8.74 $12.49
    Sales

Platform Title Sale Price Original Price

PS4 101 HYPERSPACE FREEWAY DYNAMIC THEME $2.00 $2.99
    PS4 ASSASSIN’S CREED SYNDICATE: JACK THE RIPPER $8.99 $14.99
    PS4 BATTLEBORN $38.99 $59.99
    PS4 BATTLEBORN DIGITAL DELUXE $48.74 $74.99
    PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4: BATTLEFIELD 4 SECOND ASSAULT $0.00 $14.99
    PS4 BORDERLANDS: THE HANDSOME COLLECTION $23.99 $59.99
    PS4 CORRIDOR Z (CROSS-BUY) $5.99 $7.99
    PS4 DRAW SLASHER – HANZO THE NINJA AVATAR $0.49 $0.99
    PS4 EVOLVE $15.99 $39.99
    PS4 EVOLVE DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION $19.99 $49.99
    PS4 EVOLVE ULTIMATE EDITION $23.99 $59.99
    PS4 EVOLVE: EVOLVE HUNTING SEASON 2 $14.99 $24.99
    PS4 EVOLVE: EVOLVE HUNTING SEASON PASS $8.99 $14.99
    PS4 FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD REMASTER $24.99 $49.99
    PS4 FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE $24.99 $49.99
    PS4 FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN (STANDARD EDITION BUNDLE) $9.99 $19.99
    PS4 FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN COLLECTORS EDITION (BUNDLE) $19.99 $39.99
    PS4 MAD GANGSTER DOG AVATAR $0.99 $1.99
    PS4 MASTERCUBE $1.24 $4.99
    PS4 NBA 2K16: NBA 2K16 – 200000 VC $39.99 $49.99
    PS4 NBA 2K16: NBA 2K16 – 450000 VC $59.99 $99.99
    PS4 THE DEADLY TOWER OF MONSTERS $10.49 $14.99
    PS4 VELOCIBOX $8.74 $12.49
    PS4 WWE 2K16 $29.99 $59.99
    PS4 WWE 2K16 DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION $35.99 $89.99
    PS4 WWE 2K16: WWE 2K16 SEASON PASS $14.99 $24.99
    PS3 ACE COMBAT INFINITY: ACE COMBAT INFINITY STOCKED FUEL (10 UNITS + 1 FREE UNIT) $7.55 $8.99
    PS3 ACE COMBAT INFINITY: ACE COMBAT INFINITY STOCKED FUEL (50 UNITS + 10 FREE UNITS) $35.99 $44.99
    PS3 ALEX KIDD MIRACLE WORLD $3.99 $4.99
    PS3 BATTLEFIELD 4: BATTLEFIELD 4 SECOND ASSAULT $0.00 $14.99
    PS3 BIOSHOCK $3.99 $9.99
    PS3 BIOSHOCK INFINITE: ULTIMATE EDITION $9.74 $64.99
    PS3 BIOSHOCK: BIOSHOCK 2: ULTIMATE EDITION $7.99 $39.99
    PS3 BORDERLANDS 2 ULTIMATE EDITION $19.99 $99.99
    PS3 BORDERLANDS: BORDERLANDS: ULTIMATE EDITION $7.49 $29.99
    PS3 BORDERLANDS: THE PRE-SEQUEL ULTIMATE EDITION $14.99 $74.99
    PS3 CHRONO CROSS (PSONE CLASSIC) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 CHRONO TRIGGER (PSONE CLASSIC) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 COMIX ZONE $2.99 $4.99
    PS3 CRAZY TAXI $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 CRYSTAL DEFENDERS $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 DRAKENGARD 3 $9.99 $19.99
    PS3 DUKE NUKEM FOREVER $3.99 $19.99
    PS3 ELEVATOR ACTION DELUXE $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 FINAL FANTASY IX (PSONE CLASSIC) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 FINAL FANTASY ORIGINS (PSONE CLASSIC) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 FINAL FANTASY TACTICS (PSONE CLASSIC) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 FINAL FANTASY V (PSONE CLASSIC) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 FINAL FANTASY VI (PSONE CLASSIC) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 FINAL FANTASY VIII (PSONE CLASSIC) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD REMASTER DIGITAL $14.99 $29.99
    PS3 FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 $7.49 $14.99
    PS3 FRONT MISSION 3 (PSONE CLASSIC) $2.99 $5.99
    PS3 LEGEND OF MANA (PSONE CLASSIC) $2.99 $5.99
    PS3 LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII $9.99 $19.99
    PS3 MOON DIVER $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 NIGHTS INTO DREAMS $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 PARASITE EVE (PSONE CLASSIC) $2.99 $5.99
    PS3 PARASITE EVE II (PSONE CLASSIC) $2.99 $5.99
    PS3 RESONANCE OF FATE $9.99 $19.99
    PS3 SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 SPEC OPS: THE LINE $5.99 $29.99
    PS3 THE BUREAU: XCOM DECLASSIFIED $3.99 $19.99
    PS3 THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4 $6.99 $9.99
    PS3 THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD III $4.96 $6.99
    PS3 TOE JAM AND EARL $3.99 $4.99
    PS3 TOE JAM AND EARL IN PANIC ON FUNKOTRON $3.99 $4.99
    PS3 WWE 2K16 $19.99 $39.99
    PS3 WWE 2K16 DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION $31.99 $79.99
    PS3 WWE 2K16: WWE 2K16 SEASON PASS $14.99 $24.99
    PS3 XCOM: ENEMY WITHIN $7.49 $29.99
    PS Vita ARMY CORPS OF HELL $9.99 $19.99
    PS Vita CORRIDOR Z (CROSS-BUY) $5.99 $7.99
    PSP CRYSTAL DEFENDERS $4.99 $9.99
    PSP DISSIDIA DUODECIM FINAL FANTASY $7.49 $14.99
    PSP DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY $7.49 $14.99
    PSP FINAL FANTASY III $4.99 $9.99
    PSP FINAL FANTASY IV: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION $7.49 $14.99
    PSP FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS $4.99 $9.99
    PSP LORD OF ARCANA $5.24 $0.00

Price Changes

Platform Title New Price Original Price

PS4 AWE-INSPIRING SKYSCRAPER DYNAMIC THEME $1.99 $2.99
    PS4 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING & DIGITAL COLLECTOR’S EDITION UPGRADE $49.99 $59.99
    PS4 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING – LEGENDARY EDITION: DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING $29.99 $39.99
    PS3 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING & DIGITAL COLLECTOR’S EDITION UPGRADE $49.99 $59.99
    PS3 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING – LEGENDARY EDITION: DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING $29.99 $39.99

-(PS4) ASEMBLANCE $9.99
    -(PS4) DEADLIGHT: DIRECTOR’S CUT $19.99
    -(PS4) DRAWFUL 2 $9.99
    -(PS4) DREAMALS: DREAM QUEST $9.99
    -(PS4) ELECTRONIC SUPER JOY (CROSS-BUY) $9.99
    -(PS4) FUNK OF TITANS (CROSS-BUY) $6.99
    -(PS4) GRAND KINGDOM $49.99
    -(PS4) MIGHTY NO. 9 (ONE WAY CROSS BUY) $19.99
    -(PS4) MXGP2 – THE OFFICIAL MOTOCROSS VIDEOGAME $49.99
    -(PS4) PAC-MAN 256 $4.99
    -(PS4) PIRATES: TREASURE HUNTERS (FREE)
    -(PS4) UMBRELLA CORPS $29.99

-(PS3) MIGHTY NO. 9 (ONE WAY CROSS BUY) $19.99

-(Vita) FUNK OF TITANS (CROSS-BUY) $6.99
    -(Vita) GRAND KINGDOM $39.99

-(Bundles) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III – GOLD EDITION $59.99
    -(Bundles) PS4 UMBRELLA CORPS DELUXE EDITION $39.99

No real surprises. Partial Squeenix sale this week. I'm not really sure what the One Way Cross Buy notice for Mighty No. 9 is about, since it's supposed to be Cross-Buy between all three versions. I know the Vita version isn't out yet and who knows when it will be out, but it's supposed to be connected with the other two when it does come out. Maybe, given the game's track record, you should hold off buying it in anticipation of the Vita version until it's out, though.

Also, I won't be able to make the next thread since my forum activity is going to plummet soon and Unco won't be either, so if someone could step in and do the next thread, that'd be greaaaaat.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    edited June 2016
    Welp

Guess it's my time to shine

EDIT: NEW THREAD IS HERE

UnbreakableVow on