As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Are we still looking forward to [Podcasts]? What if I told you... Austin was leaving?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I would argue the friends up doesn't count as a bonus, on account of being an april fools thing

It's not a regular episode--we released that the next day.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I would argue the friends up doesn't count as a bonus, on account of being an april fools thing

its an extradimensional episode

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

you got your regular eps, your bonus eps, and your holiday special eps

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    The Friends ep happened only in Luke's coma, it's not canon.

sig.gif
  • Options

you got your regular eps, your bonus eps, and your holiday special eps

Hmm...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Listening to the Giant Bomb Best of E3

I just looked up Space Hulk and hey look at that I'm interested in a 40k game?

That thing looks kind of awesome!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also I hope Jeff Gerstmann: Popplio Defender remains a regular segment of the show

• Options
    TWA, celebrating the holidays no one else does. Like Chanukah and April Fools Day.

Please tune in next year for our Flag Day special.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    A Very Special Arbor Day TWA w/ special guest Austin St. John.

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    A Very Special Arbor Day TWA w/ special guest Austin St. John.

On Arbor Day it's "Treenagers with Attitude".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TWA, celebrating the holidays no one else does. Like Chanukah

WHOAAAAAAAA

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

WHOAAAAAAAA

I am going to guess he meant "That other podcasts/tv shows don't celebrate"

• Options

WHOAAAAAAAA

I am going to guess he meant "That other podcasts/tv shows don't celebrate"

Yeah, this. Poor phrasing.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    It's fun to turn the screws on the pedant.

sig.gif
  • Options

I agree, I did a bad job with that post.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Make sure you remove it from around your neck first

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Which Space Hulk videogame were they talking about as there are multiple, was it Deathwing? The one that's like a L4D style co-op shooter?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I believe so Inquisitor.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Which Space Hulk videogame were they talking about as there are multiple, was it Deathwing? The one that's like a L4D style co-op shooter?

the newest one that is not out yet, I think that's right

• Options

Cool I didn't know they were showing it off at E3! There is such a deluge of 40k games it's hard to track them all.

I love that game if only for its trailer:

http://youtu.be/YROOgLD-wtU

Because 1 it's super fun but also 2, because it pissed off a ton of the stodgier 40k fans for its music choice.

Glad to hear the game is shaping up well! I'd love a 40k l4d game.

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Make sure you remove it from around your neck first

I give and I take.

sig.gif
  • Options

Cool I didn't know they were showing it off at E3! There is such a deluge of 40k games it's hard to track them all.

Because 1 it's super fun but also 2, because it pissed off a ton of the stodgier 40k fans for its music choice.

It looks really really cool, heres a gameplay clip/intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MERJhTprNpw

• Options

It looks really really cool, heres a gameplay clip/intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MERJhTprNpw

Yup yup yup!

Exploring 40k spaceships.

Localized terminator damage like a mech.

Genestealer hybrids.

Story by Gav Thorpe (I grew up on his stuff.)

Oh yeah I am so on board it is not even funny.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular

Is it caught in a time warp?

Is the Friends episode the Zordon of TWA?

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I've never really liked the Terminator armor, from an aesthetic perspective

it looks damn goofy

and this is in a world where space knights go into battle with scrolls attached to their giant shoulder pads with wax seals

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

Is it caught in a time warp?

Is the Friends episode the Zordon of TWA?

It's full of absolute bullshit, so... yeah, pretty much.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Little weird listening to Jeff Gerstmann, a man who very much doesn't like watches, do an ad for them.

He doesn't like wearing watches, which I sympathize with because I'm kind of the same way.

But like, you can really tell when he straight up doesn't give a fuck about a sponsor, I can't remember the exact sponsors in question but I recall at least a couple times where he just speeds through the ad copy without putting any spin on it, and just ends it right there. Like a very explicit "I am reading this because I have to, let's get this shit done with"

• Options
    I've never really liked the Terminator armor, from an aesthetic perspective

it looks damn goofy

and this is in a world where space knights go into battle with scrolls attached to their giant shoulder pads with wax seals

Goofy is just part and parcel of 40k to me, but yeah like, the head and shoulder placement on terminator armor kinda of like... doesn't work. It's not how a human body is. It looks like this game is running with one of the more fan theories that a terminator armor suit is more like a mech and your limbs might not actually be in its limbs type of things.

Now they have even bigger armor than terminator armor:

99120101106_CenturionDevastatorSquadNEW03.jpg

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I mean most depictions of Space Marine armor period would require some creative anatomy

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I mean most depictions of Space Marine armor period would require some creative anatomy

Though to be fair their anatomy is pretty creative what with the three lungs and the two hearts and the spitting acid and the ability to gain people's memories by eating their brains and all.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I don't know anything about 40k but that looks like a pretty fun game

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Though to be fair their anatomy is pretty creative what with the three lungs and the two hearts and the spitting acid and the ability to gain people's memories by eating their brains and all.

Yeah, they're like seven feet tall on average and built like brick shithouses. Wide as hell, too - take traditional dwarf proportions and make 'em bigger than a human.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    This is me rolling my eyes at the Deathwing. And this is coming from someone who painted a full Dark Angel Battle Company.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The only bad pizza I've ever had was from a man dressed as a slice of pizza selling slices of pizza out of unmarked boxes for a dollar. He was dressed like pizza so I thought he'd know something about pizza. He did not.

• Options
    The only bad pizza I've ever had was from a man dressed as a slice of pizza selling slices of pizza out of unmarked boxes for a dollar. He was dressed like pizza so I thought he'd know something about pizza. He did not.

That's such a Dan Ryckert thing to say you probably could have left the attribution off and people would have figured it out anyway.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    one dollar for one slice of pizza is not even a very good deal when it is a slice of pizza out of an unmarked box held by a man dressed as a slice of pizza

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    FatT: third faction game, ep 15
    i don't know quite why but i really love the idea of snowtrak's subversive rigor ads in joypark

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

That's such a Dan Ryckert thing to say you probably could have left the attribution off and people would have figured it out anyway.

It is a perfect quote and I love it

It also comes after him extolling the virtues of cicis pizza which is PROBABLY THE worst food I've ever eaten, but of course he loves it

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Finally got around to watching that Eisenhorn Unfinished from months ago

talk about a game that has potential but is super fuckin' rough

it also makes me want to read the Eisenhorn novels but the physical copies are out of print and GW of course wants $50 for the trilogy of ebooks.

The bad thing is I'm still kinda considering it?

This discussion has been closed.