As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Are we still looking forward to [Podcasts]? What if I told you... Austin was leaving?

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Is there a master list of Totally Spies episodes indexed by, um, "theme"?

You can usually figure it out if you look at the episode list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Totally_Spies!_episodes

I have a spreadsheet for guests~

This actually sounds like I have a spreadsheet for guests fetishes, which isn't what I meant, but I guess is still true

molly that's what's called FOUO information

Its on a need to know basis only

Zack we are releasing a podcast featuring the same people talking about the fetishes. I think I'm doing okay here

WAIT PEOPLE LISTEN TO THE STUFF WE MAKE?!

Let Me Tell You About Homestuck 2.0 Grrlz in the House has an estimated 450 listeners

I think Ashley said TR is at about the same level

that's about where TWA is at though I have no idea how accurate the estimate is on shoutengine

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    The last estimate Ashley showed me for tr said 575, of we're talkin numbers

Which is baffling

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

You can usually figure it out if you look at the episode list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Totally_Spies!_episodes

This actually sounds like I have a spreadsheet for guests fetishes, which isn't what I meant, but I guess is still true

Zack we are releasing a podcast featuring the same people talking about the fetishes. I think I'm doing okay here

Let Me Tell You About Homestuck 2.0 Grrlz in the House has an estimated 450 listeners

When I uploaded the episode today we had jumped another 100 in listeners. #NotSoHumbleBrag

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

When I uploaded the episode today we had jumped another 100 in listeners. #NotSoHumbleBrag

WHAT

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

i'm expecting/hoping LMTYAHS to jump a bit once we get into the more crazy stuff

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    how are those listener stats tallied? are those lifetime, or like "current ep has been downloaded x times" er what

f2ojmwh3geue.png

Which is baffling

I feel embarrassed about mentioning it here but if you're interested the TWA stuff is under the spoiler
    zpqvdf7u02zf.jpg

I legit don't understand it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Nice

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Nice

DUN DUN DUN

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Nice

dun dun dun dun

6F32U1X.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    how are those listener stats tallied? are those lifetime, or like "current ep has been downloaded x times" er what

it has several different metrics for number of times each episode was downloaded, such as how many raw downloads, how many unique ips requested a download, etc.

if it were me, I would take the average of all those different metrics for say, the past month, and then divide it by the number of episodes released in that time frame to get the estimated audience

Which is baffling

I feel embarrassed about mentioning it here but if you're interested the TWA stuff is under the spoiler
    zpqvdf7u02zf.jpg

I legit don't understand it

Yeah I don't like to talk about our numbers on my main twitter or here, but since Luke dropped some I figured it was okay. That's really great for you guys!

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    fucked it up, gotta start over

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    fucked it up, gotta start over

mice

f2ojmwh3geue.png

it has several different metrics for number of times each episode was downloaded, such as how many raw downloads, how many unique ips requested a download, etc.

if it were me, I would take the average of all those different metrics for say, the past month, and then divide it by the number of episodes released in that time frame to get the estimated audience

I see I see

those numbers seem very big! that's my contribution to this discussion

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    the numbers just keep going up.

Podcast hosting is the ultimate clicker game

on the other hand only 38 people have listened to Teeners With Tud

shameful

i mean that's not counting the thousands of listeners you have on the Deep Web

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

i mean that's not counting the thousands of listeners you have on the Deep Web

You literally can't.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    You can tell a lot about austin through this game

All the different kinds of politics of the factions
    The oligarchy of companies that form the Orion Conglomerate, or OriCon
    Apostalos and their Golden Demarcy (I didn't even know what a Demarchy was)
    The People's Democratic Diaspora, which has slipped intop kind of theocracy with robot gods
    The Rapid Evening, which are like Secret Police controlling technological advancement
    Those are all great names!

One of the Bad Guys is a robot named Rigor, a program designed most optimally schedule people for work at maximum efficiency
    Which of course it is, what else would you expect from The Black Marx, The New Nietzsche, Karl Marx Zuckerberg, Yung Kafka, Caramel Caesar...

The People's Democratic Diaspora, which has slipped intop kind of theocracy with robot gods
    The Rapid Evening, which are like Secret Police controlling technological advancement

One of the Bad Guys is a robot named Rigor, a program designed most optimally schedule people for work at maximum efficiency
    Which of course it is, what else would you expect from The Black Marx, The New Nietzsche, Karl Marx Zuckerberg, Yung Kafka, Caramel Caesar...

And the real protagonist hilariously turns out to be a bureaucrat

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    f1.cool
    Alt+F1: 86 - European GP 2016

Jun. 22, 2016 12:30pm

It's the first race at F1's equivalent of a Mario Kart track and despite a distinct lack of banana peels we learn that Lewis didn't RTFM, Kimi's a bona fide grease monkey, and Bernie Ecclestone is the world's foremost expert on civil rights.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I would argue the friends up doesn't count as a bonus, on account of being an april fools thing

It's not a regular episode--we released that the next day.

its an extradimensional episode

it's a morphing grid episode

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Ghosted like a Vettel start in Canada!

7qmGNt5.png
    i wanted that thumbnail because it's Really Good

I would argue the friends up doesn't count as a bonus, on account of being an april fools thing

It's not a regular episode--we released that the next day.

its an extradimensional episode

it's a morphing grid episode

That used to be any episode Luke was on, but now it's only episodes that Luke and listener-turned-guest Liz are both on.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

It is actually, yeah :+1:

7qmGNt5.png
  • seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular

Austin pointed out last night that the different characters ended up being different stripes of activist which I thought was a really interesting way of looking at it (burn it all down vs take control of the system at the top vs work from within at a lower level vs inspire others to rise up etc).

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
    seasleepy wrote: »

Austin pointed out last night that the different characters ended up being different stripes of activist which I thought was a really interesting way of looking at it (burn it all down vs take control of the system at the top vs work from within at a lower level vs inspire others to rise up etc).

i was in the chat for the post mortem but unable to actually get audio or video

i understand I made austin yell once

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    What hath man wrought

750x-1.jpg

Someone alert the Ryckert.

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    why would you do that to perfectly good mac and cheese

Inquisitor wrote: »
    What hath man wrought

750x-1.jpg

Someone alert the Ryckert.

Well. That looks disgusting.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Fried mac n cheese is really good

I am not so sure about putting cheese powder on there also

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    why would you do that to perfectly good mac and cheese

same reason they made chicken fry rings

burger king is playing god and doesn't care about the consequences

them and pizza hut

2x39jD4.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    They apparently also give you ranch dipping sauce for them.

Also apparently they are localized to just SoCal.

I'm sorry rest of America, we are ground zero.

Fried mac n cheese is really good

I am not so sure about putting cheese powder on there also

When Burger King is the one frying it, I'd also question the veracity of that first statement.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Huh

Are

Are those available now?

EDIT: Fuck, only SoCal, damnit

Maddoc on
This discussion has been closed.