As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cue up The Vapors, "Turning Japanese"

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I read somewhere that crwth is like 82.

• denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    Veretas wrote: »
    Please everyone knows Druhim is the oldest
    man, he's been gone for quite a while now

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    @spool32 has college-aged kids, yeah? So he's probably in his fifties? And I strongly doubt he's the only one or that there aren't also folks in their 60s here.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    denihilist wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    Please everyone knows Druhim is the oldest
    man, he's been gone for quite a while now

The reaper finally caught up with him

... To ask him how he still hasn't come up on his list

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Crwth 82

The latest up-and-coming j-punk babymetal group straight out of Tokyo.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Lot of assumin' goin' on in this thread.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ass, you mean?

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Well, there were talk of buns, so

Hot tasty buns at that!

• halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Oh my god guys! I'm in akihabara right now at Super Potato! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! My childhood!

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Can't remember who but someone was looking for vegetarian options in Japan? This popped up on my Facebook:

http://blog.gaijinpot.com/vegan-japan-history/

It's a 3-part series, and more aimed at vegans but I hope it helps.

Falx on
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    @Chanus is older than Japan.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    to be fair, a lot of louder people on this forum are under 26 and what the fuck why is that young now!

oh god, i just want to lay down in a hole until i'm dead.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    luckily with the way my life is going, that'll be soon.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    a dude jackin' it to a woman's photo is the least weird thing I can think of

Gynecologist photos??? That's some sick shit.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Chanus is older than Japan.

hwat

hwat

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I revealed to the little retail babies at my second job that I'd just turned 32 this past weekend.

The reaction was priceless. "No, what the shit? No fucking way. I thought you were like 5 years older than me! What the fuck!?"

Ah, teens.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Me every time I work with teens:

942912698adedeaa2856be307e068947.jpg

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I want to visit Japan someday, but it's on a pretty big list of places I'd like to see before I kick it

Definitely the part I am most interested in seeing is Okunoshima because I love rabbits so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdeX4NqvDZw

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Melding wrote: »
    to be fair, a lot of louder people on this forum are under 26 and what the fuck why is that young now!

oh god, i just want to lay down in a hole until i'm dead.
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I revealed to the little retail babies at my second job that I'd just turned 32 this past weekend.

The reaction was priceless. "No, what the shit? No fucking way. I thought you were like 5 years older than me! What the fuck!?"

Ah, teens.

When I started practicing at my lucha school, everyone thought I was mid 20s.

BLM - ACAB
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I'm 29, but if I shave everyone thinks I'm 19.

If I don't shave no one wants to be in the same room as me because I look like a serial killer.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Maybe if you stopped killing people when you have a beard

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Maybe if you stopped killing people when you have a beard

Shit I knew I was missing something

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My beard and parts of my hair are starting to turn gray. I don't typically get carded anymore.

I think I'm doing something wrong, though. My kids aren't embarrassed when I play music. Maybe they just aren't at the right age yet.

I turned 40 earlier this month. You kids are all a buncha whippersnappers!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    most folk i know round here are late 30s, early 40s

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I'm 22. I've also been here for more than 7 years, which does worry me.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I'm 29, but if I shave everyone thinks I'm 19.

If I don't shave no one wants to be in the same room as me because I look like a serial killer.

You gots to keep it styled and trimmed.

BLM - ACAB
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I was a fan of Super Chample and its precursor show back in the day.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    I'm 26. I've also been to Japan, which is why i'm seeing this conversation at all.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I turn 30 this year!

A month from today, actually!

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    I'll be 26 in about a month

Not much longer before I become an old.

simulacrum wrote: »

Nah I'm 34 and I still wouldn't consider myself an "old"

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »

Nah I'm 34 and I still wouldn't consider myself an "old"

That sounds like something an old would say.

But nah I'm just goofing.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My beard and parts of my hair are starting to turn gray. I don't typically get carded anymore.

I think I'm doing something wrong, though. My kids aren't embarrassed when I play music. Maybe they just aren't at the right age yet.

Are you playing Everlong or Aqualung? I think even tiny infants have the eyeroll reflex at those two.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I'm 32 and I'm old as FUCK

that is well past the typical banana use-by.

Hi old as FUCK, I'm Dad!

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I turn 29 tomorrow.

I forgot to ask off :(

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I mean, I joined these forums 13 years ago, and I was one of the younger ones *then*, and I still recognize a good many people now who were also posting back then, so I know there's a good number of forumers who are older than me.