As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Return of the Creepiest thing you've ever seen?

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    L|ama wrote: »
    http://www6.evilshare.com/84c4bee6-db9c-102a-9309-00a0c993e9d6

Original recording of the bit from the Art Bell show that tool use on faaip de oiad.

I HOPE that was fake. It always made sense to me and scared me (if they exist, which I hope they don't)that "extraterrestrials" were really just from a different dimension. If that's the case, that would be easier and more plausible than space travel. That clip had some really scary and interesting bits, especially the part where he talks about "the precursor to the space program" making contact with the evil beings. Every conspiracy theory under the sun talks about aliens blending in and taking control that way, but that too makes more sense than an ID4 invasion :P because it would be much easier than fighting a long war.
    Oh, man, I just listened to that last night.

Here's four scenarios for what happened:

1.) Staged by Art Bell & co. The caller was just a great actor
    2.) Wasn't real, guy was just prank calling (and is still a great actor)
    3.) Wasn't real, but guy believed it was 'cause he's fucking looney
    4.) Was real, and the guy just got black helicopter-ed into a shadow government prison.

The worst part of it is that 3 is almost scarier than 4. Schizophrenics live in a terrifying world, and I feel for the guy. The part where the station loses power wasn't that scary for me, but the caller's panic and mental breakdown were powerful stuff.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    zenpotato wrote: »
    No, that's just a hobo exposing himself. It's the Black Eyed Kids at the door that he should be worried about.
    Don't let them in.

they will show you such pretty things

I was around when that shit happened, Ground Zero. At the time It had not been dis-proven. I watched the video.

Was so sketched-out, paranoid and just generally scared for the rest of the night.

However, its progression was interesting to say the least.

What are you talkin about?
    It sounds familiar but I can't remember it right now.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No, that's just a hobo exposing himself. It's the Black Eyed Kids at the door that he should be worried about.
    Don't let them in.

I was around when that shit happened, Ground Zero. At the time It had not been dis-proven. I watched the video.

Was so sketched-out, paranoid and just generally scared for the rest of the night.

Ditto. And what is a triops?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    templewulf wrote: »

4.) Was real, and the guy just got black helicopter-ed into a shadow government prison.

The worst part of it is that 3 is almost scarier than 4. Schizophrenics live in a terrifying world, and I feel for the guy. The part where the station loses power wasn't that scary for me, but the caller's panic and mental breakdown were powerful stuff.

Yeah, I'm thinking 3 personally.

L|ama on
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a3c_1195204688&p=1

*creeps*

The idea of 10,000 sunken ships in a general area freaks me the fuck out. I have no idea why, but there it is. Leave them down there. Don't send down cameras. Don't touch them. Once something hits the bottom of the sea, it's cursed and gone forever, IMO.

jotate on
  • Options
    dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I'll throw my vote in for 3. But the whole "getting knocked off the air" thing added to the WTF factor.

dvsherman on
  • Options
    sp1ttlesp1ttle Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The creepiest feeling I've ever felt was when I was woken up in the middle of the night by an itching sensation. At first I ignored it but then it moved down my face. Annoyed, I woke up and turned on the lights to see what it was. Welcome to the joys of living in a spider-infested room.

sp1ttle on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The house I grew up in, we had a spare bedroom. For years, no one went in it except to prepare it for guests. Guests never seemed to over stay their welcome. That never set off any alarms because I wrote it off as my family sucking. Then I decided I wanted to swap bedrooms, and make the spare bedroom mine.

The first night after I got my stuff moved over, I woke up in the middle of the night. I never wake up. I sleep like a log. I was covered in cold sweat and couldn't move. On the ceiling above me was a pitch black swirling mass. It seemed nebulous, and like it was part of the ceiling, not on it. And that, if I were to somehow fall upward, I would tumble into eternity. There was an area straight above my face where it seemed to be concentrated. I would venture to guess that was what could be considered its face.

It spoke to me. But I didn't hear it make any noise. It was speaking in my head, to my thoughts. It wanted to consume me. But not in a carnivorous way. It wanted to absorb my conciousness into itself. At least, that's what I understood. But I had to want to go with it. *

I did not want to go with it.

The longer it was there, the deeper it seemed. The more convincing it became. This seemed to go on forever. Finally, it winked out of existence. Like, sunk into itself until it wasn't there anymore. I screamed.

My father told me later that when he got to my room, he saw me laying, pale like death and screaming this horrible scream, on the bed. I screamed like that for several minutes. Everyone wrote it off as a nightmare.

Until my brother decided to move into the room, and moved out the next morning. But we never talked about it after that.

* EDIT: Upon further remembrance, it wasn't so much that I had to want to go, but that it would enjoy it more if it could get me to agree to it.

dvsherman on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've had recurring nightmares, for the past two weeks or so, of people in black robes and silver masks - the masks are sort of a weird blend of the traditional dramatic masks and Greek helmets - chasing me, catching me, and using me as some sort of ritual sacrifice, or something. There's a lot of screaming and mad laughter and disembowelment and blood, anyway. Sometimes they're also chasing friends and loved ones, and we're all killed together; once or twice a few of them have removed the masks and been friends and loved ones.

And the truly terrifying thing is that for these, I'm actually dreaming in first person - I usually dream like watching a movie, I can see myself and the surroundings and crap, but for this I'm totally bound by my actual frame of view and there's always something maddeningly just outside my peripheral vision, something that I can't see but know is very, very, very bad.

I need to reduce my stress level. Also maybe to toss the elder god living in my sewers a small animal sacrifice or something. Christ.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    CrimsonKingCrimsonKing Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Don't let them in.

ARG called The Wyoming Incident

CrimsonKing on
    This sig was too tall - Elki.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18374

That link contains links to the 6 videos that comprise The Wyoming Incident. I still don't really know the full story behind the videos but I know they freak the shit out of me.

Edit: it appears that videos 4 and 5 have been removed from YouTube. Too bad, since I think those were the creepiest, featuring messages like WE ARE ALREADY AT THE DOOR or something.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    RE: Orbs in photos--If you're using a flash, it's almost always just some barely visible particles (pollen, dust, droplets of water) reflecting light. The only time I think orbs are interesting at all in photos is when no flash is used.

The "orb" phenomenon seems linked to the rise of easily available digital cameras. For the most part, I think it's just stuff floating around. If you're outside, in a graveyard with lots of particles in the air (which is most common in the evening as the temperature drops and moisture condenses) you're going to get orbs in your photos.

I'm more impressed by orbs when there's only a few.

I mean, an entire field of orbs in the middle of a summer sunset after it rained? Well, dur. Of course the light from the flash is gonna show up.

A clean room with 3 orbs with no discernible pattern in a still lived in and well-kept house? THAT is something to be impressed/creeped out by.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Matt_SMatt_S Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ooooh God...I listened to the ciip from Coast-to-Coast and right when the show went off the air, a fucking car alarm went off across the street. Scared the daylights out of me.

BTW, it's on YouTube too, the link wasn't working for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szAthl0DdMg

Matt_S on
  • Options
    aquabataquabat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    L|ama wrote: »
    http://www6.evilshare.com/84c4bee6-db9c-102a-9309-00a0c993e9d6

Original recording of the bit from the Art Bell show that tool use on faaip de oiad.

I HOPE that was fake. It always made sense to me and scared me (if they exist, which I hope they don't)that "extraterrestrials" were really just from a different dimension. If that's the case, that would be easier and more plausible than space travel. That clip had some really scary and interesting bits, especially the part where he talks about "the precursor to the space program" making contact with the evil beings. Every conspiracy theory under the sun talks about aliens blending in and taking control that way, but that too makes more sense than an ID4 invasion :P because it would be much easier than fighting a long war.

I dont know why, because I dont actually believe in aliens as such, but they still manage to scare the bejesus out of me. Irrational, heart-pounding fear. I dont need to even hear this recording to not be able to fall asleep quickly tonight. Im just glad my girlfriend is staying over.

aquabat on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That was pretty creepy. Stuff like this doesn't usually scare me because it's almost always fake (which is probably true about this as well), but the fear and confusion in his voice certainly at least sound genuine. And of course, the whole thing with his transmitter being knocked off the air is pretty strange too, particularly the timing of it. Probably coincidence, but still... very creepy.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnxeX2SQso

This is another (apparently) infamous Art Bell show in which he plays a sound clip which the submitter claimed was an actual sound recording from Hell. Supposedly there were some scientists in Siberia doing some sort of geological research. They drilled down about 9 miles and seemed to break through into a large cavern, where they registered a tmeperature of about 2000 Fahrenheit. They lowered a microphone designed to record the sound of plate movements and, so the story goes, recorded the suffering of millions of people trapped in Hell.

Sounds creepy, but of course patently false. Besides, when you actually listen to that clip it sounds more like a crowded school cafeteria than anything else. The story is cool though.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh and speaking of Hell: someone, for the love of God, link me something about these Elevators to Hell. I can't find anything on them and people here keep saying "oh yeah, that was creepy" but nobody will tell me what they are.

Also, some friends of mine back home in NC told me that there was a doorway to Hell somewhere in town. They said they were driving through a heavily wooded neighborhood at night and one of the houses they passed had an old busted up shed in front of the house, over towards one side of the yard. The door was open and there were steps inside, leading down, and there was a bright red-orange light (like flames) coming from whatever was below. They drove on quickly. I think they were half-joking when they called it a Hellmouth. But they told me where it was and I drove by, but didn't even see a house with a shed.

Oh well.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnxeX2SQso

This is another (apparently) infamous Art Bell show in which he plays a sound clip which the submitter claimed was an actual sound recording from Hell. Supposedly there were some scientists in Siberia doing some sort of geological research. They drilled down about 9 miles and seemed to break through into a large cavern, where they registered a tmeperature of about 2000 Fahrenheit. They lowered a microphone designed to record the sound of plate movements and, so the story goes, recorded the suffering of millions of people trapped in Hell.

Sounds creepy, but of course patently false. Besides, when you actually listen to that clip it sounds more like a crowded school cafeteria than anything else. The story is cool though.

Yeah, they've been running that clip for years and completely ignoring the fact that it's been debunked. Makes for good entertainment.

http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.asp

cr0w on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'd like to know where the clip actually came from, just for curiosity's sake.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'd like to know where the clip actually came from, just for curiosity's sake.

The mall, on Black Friday?

dvsherman on
  • Options
    RemnantRemnant Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Don't get me started on sunken ships. Just one more layer to the "Dopefish mythos" and fear of the depths.

There was this bunch of ships on the coast of an island, just off the coast of Queensland, where my family and I went for a holiday. There was this really great idea to take a tour that snorkels aroudn the ruins. Bloody brilliant. There's nothing quite like swimming across the surface of the water with crystal clear vision of all below you...

Those bloody wrecks... such... beautiful stuff. Really helps you sleep at night. Not to mention that you basically have to tread water the whole time. Stop kicking, and the deep will consume you...

Hate shipwrecks. Absolutely loathe them.

Remnant on
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There're some great shipwreck photos around in either the beginning of this thread or the old one in the archives.

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    dvsherman wrote: »
    *snipped a story about a soul consuming guest room*

Why isn't anyone living in a house like this now? We could totally set up some experiments, have a slumber party, and maybe a few of us could be consumed by the blackness.

Anyone out there currently living in a paranormal house who wants to do some investigation?

zenpotato on
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    dive-carthaginian-maui.jpg

Why do people find shipwrecks creepy? I don't understand it

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't know, it seemed to be a real deep-seated fear for a lot of people who posted in this thread. Like someone would post a picture of a wreck and you'd have a page and a half of these poor bastards hyperventilating about it.

They look cool to me.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't find shipwrecks creepy in and of themselves, but a lot of the situations that go along with them freak me out. Deep water scares the piss out of me, especially when there's no telling where the bottom is. Drowning is one of my biggest fears. Couple those two with the possibility of bodies still being in the ships if they didn't make it out in time and you've got a nice recipe for discomfort.

cr0w on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Loving this thread, I actually registered because of it. But on to the creepy stuff;

Firstly, am I the only who's seen shadow people and not been freaked out by them? I actually find them kind of... comforting. Whenever I see them I get the feeling that they're watching out for me, they're not a malicious presence in the slightest.

This kind of ties in with the shadow people a bit, but when I was a kid, I was in my room, reading in bed. Now, the important thing here is that this was in the morning, and my room was on the side of the house opposite to where the sun rises. So when light started streaming into my window, I got a bit concerned. When a being made of light actually entered through the window and started walking towards me, I outright fled in terror. Thankfully it only happened once, but Jesus Christ it scared me. I've not really heard anyone speaking of 'light people', either.

Actually, putting how the 'light person' terrified me, and shadow people comfort me, with the weird bit of trivia that my mother's skin turns black when it comes into contact with silver, makes me a bit D:

Another time when I was a kid (and part of this sounds stupid because it is), I managed to fall into an open manhole. I just didn't notice that the cover was off, I guess. The creepy part is; something dragged me out when I started to fall. And I was alone. There was nothing and nobody within visible sight, so quite what pulled me out is a bit of a mystery.

Burnage on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyone posted that video of the POV of that diver drowning in that huge hole near dubai (iirc)?

EDIT: Burnage, you're obviously a vampire.

L|ama on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    What?

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Burnage wrote: »
    Actually, putting how the 'light person' terrified me, and shadow people comfort me, with the weird bit of trivia that my mother's skin turns black when it comes into contact with silver, makes me a bit D:

I must know that there is a medical condition that explains this or I will assume that you are a fucking vampire.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Why isn't anyone living in a house like this now? We could totally set up some experiments, have a slumber party, and maybe a few of us could be consumed by the blackness.

Anyone out there currently living in a paranormal house who wants to do some investigation?

Well, considering that the evil in that house seemed to slowly start spreading like a flesh-eating cancer as soon as we moved in, I would say that most people who come to realize they're living in a house like that do what I did.

Move.

Well, I moved. My parents and brother stayed, and their lives went totally down the shitter, until finally the house was foreclosed on. They're still recovering. They went from moderately successful, well adjusted people to sporadically employed, hate mongers (toward each other and other family). That house makes me shake with fear whenever I think about it, and I haven't lived there in eight years.

All in all, my parents lived there 14 years. No one who has lived there since has managed to stay more than a year.

dvsherman on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I must know that there is a medical condition that explains this or I will assume that you are a fucking vampire.

Apparently it's got something to do with how 'alkaline her skin is'.

... I'm honestly not certain how reasonable that sounds, though I generally take it for granted because I do not want to be a member of the undead.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys, don't be silly, he's not vampire. That's ridiculous.

He's obviously a hell-demon.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sounds a bit like Argyria

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Too late, Burnage. The Hunters have already been dispatched and will soon have your trail.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Too late, Burnage. The Hunters have already been dispatched and will soon have your trail.

D:
    Undead hunters are why I hate mondays
    LineNoiz wrote: »

The best bit about that Wiki article is the guy advertising silver-based health treatments, that led to his 'perfect health'.

Ignoring the blue skin.

Burnage on
  • Options
    UndefinedMonkeyUndefinedMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The best bit about that Wiki article is the guy advertising silver-based health treatments, that led to his 'perfect health'.

Ignoring the blue skin.

You know the scariest part of that? SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY VOTED FOR HIM.

UndefinedMonkey on
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Well, considering that the evil in that house seemed to slowly start spreading like a flesh-eating cancer as soon as we moved in, I would say that most people who come to realize they're living in a house like that do what I did.

Move.

Well, I moved. My parents and brother stayed, and their lives went totally down the shitter, until finally the house was foreclosed on. They're still recovering. They went from moderately successful, well adjusted people to sporadically employed, hate mongers (toward each other and other family). That house makes me shake with fear whenever I think about it, and I haven't lived there in eight years.

All in all, my parents lived there 14 years. No one who has lived there since has managed to stay more than a year.

I don't mean to make light of the situation (especially since it wasn't clear that the situation was worse than just one haunted room to me). I'm sorry all that happened. I was hoping that someone had a less evil home with some activity in it.

Out of curiosity, did you ever attempt to have the home cleansed in any way?

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No worries, zenpotato. I wasn't taking offense. But no, we never tried to have the house cleansed. The night I talked about, my dad thinks I just had a really bad nightmare. It's hard to describe what it was like living there. Everything would be fine, everyone living life like it's normal. But whenever something odd/scary would get my attention, I couldn't direct my attention straight at it.

My head would get swimmy like when you're breathing nitrous oxide. And whatever was going on, or whatever I was thinking about that had to do with the creepiness would get pushed to the side of my mind, over in the periphery. It took not living there for a few years before the funk cleared enough to really put everything together beyond "that place is not a good place."

dvsherman on
  • Options
    lemone_powahlemone_powah Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    LineNoiz wrote: »

Ignoring the blue skin.

Hey man, ya make an omelet, ya gotta break a few eggs.

lemone_powah on
This discussion has been closed.