As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Of Corgs And Capys In The [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    yLdYPjz.jpg

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Bedlam wrote: »

OH MY GOD

Just... everything about this is perfect.

Aistan on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Goatmon wrote: »

Right in the mustelid weakspot of my heart.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    wecPnLs.jpg

this puppy was rescued from a robbery

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

dachshunds are so cute :surprised:

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    It breaks my heart to see fat doxies because they have really poor impulse control and overeat a lot, and many owners will keep indulging their puppers.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    seems to me like most purebred dogs are basically incapable of managing their own food intake

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I always knew my pure bloodline was to blame.

in other news:
    qYtkHYo.jpg

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    It breaks my heart to see fat doxies because they have really poor impulse control and overeat a lot, and many owners will keep indulging their puppers.

Hes not fat! Hes just a waddly puppy

But yeah, dachs are one of my favorite breeds but I will never own one because of all their issues

• Options

But yeah, dachs are one of my favorite breeds but I will never own one because of all their issues

That's me with English bulldogs. I love them to death but I would never wish their health issues on anything.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

That's me with English bulldogs. I love them to death but I would never wish their health issues on anything.

Sames with Great Danes

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Are there any pure breeds that aren't so inbred that they have massive health problems?

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Are there any pure breeds that aren't so inbred that they have massive health problems?

I mean yeah, working dogs are generally very healthy if they're not bred to be show dogs with pronounced features that end up giving them back/hip/breathing problems.

Most all dog breeds have responsible breeders who breed for health.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    My cat had kittens! Four of em! I shall endeavor to get some pictures.

• Options
    D'awww the dox has a puppy raincoat on! 8->

• Options
    also

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Moo and mew.

tumblr_ngbft6qZYt1t8k8bso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngbft6qZYt1t8k8bso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngbft6qZYt1t8k8bso3_1280.jpg

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Dog Vs Cat Balloon

• Options
    22pNZET.jpg

• Options

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

I mean yeah, working dogs are generally very healthy if they're not bred to be show dogs with pronounced features that end up giving them back/hip/breathing problems.

I mean, the nature of how breeds were created by narrowly selecting for certain traits until those became fixed, every breed has potential genetic health problems

the key is for breeders to a) research and understand what their breed's potential problems are, and then b) be careful not to breed dogs with those problems

Now with some purely show breeds that is incredibly difficult to do, as there is very little if any truly healthy genetic stock out there. Good luck breeding a Pug without breathing problems, for example.

My wife and I breed Collies, and by that I mean my wife breeds collies and I help take care of them. The main potential health problems Collies can have are specific drug allergies (this one is pretty widespread and nearly impossible to avoid, but it also doesn't impact the dog's health provided you know about it and make sure your vet knows which drugs your dog can't have), two possible eye/vision issues, and problems with their hips. Every single puppy we have gets genetic testing done for the drug allergies, and they all get an eye exam before they go to their homes. Any dogs without a decent or better eye check get sold as pets and spayed/neutered as soon as they're old enough to do so safely. On top of that, any dog that we plan to breed gets their hips checked and certified before we do so (you can't test this as a young puppy, they need to be done growing). We also require the same checks be done by any breeder who wants to breed to one of our dogs, or whose dog we want to use to breed. If we're successful, not only will we only be producing healthy dogs, each generation should be a bit healthier than the last. Thankfully, we're not that special in this regard - we've found plenty of other breeders with similar priorities that we can breed with (because you need to breed with other breeders lines otherwise you're inbreeding). We've seen some that don't as well, but it's easy enough to avoid them and their dogs, you just ask to see the health checks before you seriously discuss breeding.

• Options

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Omg look at the pose Samurai gave the camera
    6yetraopwoau.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    munchkitten

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o1_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o2_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o3_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o4_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o5_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o6_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o7_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o8_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o9_500.jpg

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Maybe it's just me but I feel this should have a soundtrack. I'm thinking something speed metal.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ahhh, that's what the fox say.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Maybe it's just me but I feel this should have a soundtrack. I'm thinking something speed metal.

cocaine's a helluva drug

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    munchkitten

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o1_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o2_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o3_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o4_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o5_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o6_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o7_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o8_500.jpg

tumblr_o1je6yJxac1u01o20o9_500.jpg

omg.... I have died of floof.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    "No visitors!"

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

I mean, the nature of how breeds were created by narrowly selecting for certain traits until those became fixed, every breed has potential genetic health problems

the key is for breeders to a) research and understand what their breed's potential problems are, and then b) be careful not to breed dogs with those problems

Now with some purely show breeds that is incredibly difficult to do, as there is very little if any truly healthy genetic stock out there. Good luck breeding a Pug without breathing problems, for example.

My wife and I breed Collies, and by that I mean my wife breeds collies and I help take care of them. The main potential health problems Collies can have are specific drug allergies (this one is pretty widespread and nearly impossible to avoid, but it also doesn't impact the dog's health provided you know about it and make sure your vet knows which drugs your dog can't have), two possible eye/vision issues, and problems with their hips. Every single puppy we have gets genetic testing done for the drug allergies, and they all get an eye exam before they go to their homes. Any dogs without a decent or better eye check get sold as pets and spayed/neutered as soon as they're old enough to do so safely. On top of that, any dog that we plan to breed gets their hips checked and certified before we do so (you can't test this as a young puppy, they need to be done growing). We also require the same checks be done by any breeder who wants to breed to one of our dogs, or whose dog we want to use to breed. If we're successful, not only will we only be producing healthy dogs, each generation should be a bit healthier than the last. Thankfully, we're not that special in this regard - we've found plenty of other breeders with similar priorities that we can breed with (because you need to breed with other breeders lines otherwise you're inbreeding). We've seen some that don't as well, but it's easy enough to avoid them and their dogs, you just ask to see the health checks before you seriously discuss breeding.

yo I'm glad you give a shit about this, dude

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I keep trying to take OC pictures. I had some baby bunnies in my yard but they were in a hole so you couldn't really see them.

Then this weekend I saw two stinky kittys rummaging in the grass for food at dusk. I will say that skunks are adorable when you aren't in danger of getting sprayed.

I need a new camera I guess.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Goatmon wrote: »

DO I LOOK LIKE I NEED MORE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES?!! I Can't even fit through the door your Crack Dealer!!

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Leni9P3feKL4hSwrhGFOIrGPNpuzCTZ01Omu8GaFep4.jpg?w=680&s=64f4d5568ffc8c338ecbb4aac663cd22

• Options
    I made a loop!

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    "No visitors!"

NOBODY SEES THE WIZARD NOT NO WAY NOT NO HOW

This discussion has been closed.