As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2016 Challenge Coin: Updated August 14th with Order form

• smashilatorsmashilator Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    This Queen set up, but with the avatars of Gabe, Tycho, Khoo, and a 4th staffer of everyone's choosing. Or maybe the fruit fucker.

zizre1bjafxl.jpg

smashilator on
  • Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Hey people! Tomorrow at midnight cst time zone is the deadline to place your ideas in the form. Make sure you get them in. I've received lots of cool ideas but who knows, yours might be the lucky idea to win the idea ballot. The idea ballot opens up on Sunday.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    In case you haven't looked at the main post!

Well hello everyone! I hope all of you are having a great June! We're quickly getting close to PAX Prime/West! I want to thank everyone for submitting ideas to the first poll. With that out of the way, I want to say that I'm sorry it wasn't posted yesterday, but it is finally ready. The first poll to decide what the TOP 3 choices are! I decided to do it this way, since we have WAY TOO MANY fantastic ideas. This will sort out the ideas so that the second poll is easier to complete. You may vote for your own ideas, but voting for your own ideas may not necessarily make it win. Good luck to everyone!

First Voting poll located at: http://goo.gl/forms/jD90vBj4uLeVyRHG3

This poll closes on July 9th! Now voting begins! I'm so excited!

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh god, my Prime thing is an actual option?

Vote Prime!
    Make West Prime Again!

Slightly related:
    I prefer to make my forms have an Obligtory "Forum Handle" text answer rather than requiring signing into Google to vote.

Sorry @SutibunRi, I have no idea how to implement a Froum Handle into Google Forms. I'll try to figure it out for the next poll

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    Sorry @SutibunRi, I have no idea how to implement a Froum Handle into Google Forms. I'll try to figure it out for the next poll

It's just a question with a small text field option for the answer, rather than a multiple choice answer field, where the question is "What is your Penny Arcade Forum handle?"

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Vote Submitted :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Submitted! Looking forward to seeing the results :D

OtyHMcu.jpg
    I voted in the same way that people apparently voted for Brexit, going with the worst of choices because it can't possibly win.
    Optimus Prime - Transformer.
    Prime - Superhero.
    Prime Numbers.
    Primary Colors.
    Some Unicode symbol that's called Prime.

Prime!

Although the rest of my responses were sincere, I just had to vote for my own terrible idea.

One week left for the first set of voting

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Only two days left to vote!!

OtyHMcu.jpg
    RILMS wrote: »
    Only two days left to vote!!

That's correct! With only two days left for the first voting poll, I'm expecting numbers to ramp up! Starting Sunday, the final poll will begin! Also great to see new topics start to form on the forums.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Has been updated yet again!

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    A serious question, CAN we use Khoo's portrait for the coin? I mean, I voted for it, but if we did, what picture would we use? one of the PA illustrations or what?

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    A serious question, CAN we use Khoo's portrait for the coin? I mean, I voted for it, but if we did, what picture would we use? one of the PA illustrations or what?

If Khoo's Pic wins, then I would have to ask his permission to use his face on the coin. If he wins, I would gauge interest in what form of Khoo people would like. It could be a PA illustration or a real life picture of him. It's up to you folks

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Man, I was so torn - I really like the idea of VR (I think it was my idea even), but I *love* the idea of a Khoo coin, kinda to memorialize his place in PAX history.

Nfan10039 wrote: »
    EDIT July 10th
    The last poll has ended and I'm excited to announce that the coin will be reeded and only come in the regular colour palette. This has been decided because of the way the last poll went. Not even half of you wanted the colour version of the coin. Reeded beat out smooth by a land slide.

I am surprised by this result as East sold 162 Regular and 152 Colour coins.

Glad to see Reeded will be sticking around for Prime Wests coins.

The lack of color highly influenced my choice not to pick the
    pink elephant.

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Vote for second poll submitted! :D :P

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
    I submitted my votes!

I am also disappointed in the lack of colour. South sold 120 regular and 111 colour coins.

You can see the colour coins of South and East on the wiki page here: http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/PAX_Challenge_Coin

But, such is life. It is what the people chose.

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I submitted my votes!

I am also disappointed in the lack of colour. South sold 120 regular and 111 colour coins.
    It very well may just be a sense of tradition. Prime coins have always been non-coloured as far as I can remember.

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
    So has every other coin until South 2016 :P

But I understand people's reluctance to change

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    But I understand people's reluctance to change

I hope you aren't too surprised. I mean, you're talking to a bunch of people who are still calling this event "PAX Prime" and will likely continue to do so for some time.

Also, voted!

PimDtoK.png
  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Prime will never die!!!!!

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    RIP Trading Card side. :(
    Id just like to repeat my opinion that we should keep to our tradition of antiqued bronze.

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    RIP Trading Card side. :(
    Id just like to repeat my opinion that we should keep to our tradition of antiqued bronze.

Prime 2011's coin was silver just FYI

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    And that was a travesty

Just a quick reminder that voting ends tomorrow. If anyone hasn't submitted a response yet, I urge you to submit now. Results posting coming tomorrow afternoon!

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Results:

For the finish colour of the coin,
    In 1st place with 47.5% of the votes: Antique Bronze

For the Seattle side of the coin,
    In 1st place with 42.5% of the votes: Fremont Troll.....so let's hear it for the troll! WOO!

For the gaming side of the coin,
    In 1st place with 32.5% of the votes: KHOO'S PIC!

So this next part won't be in a poll, however I need help deciding what form of Khoo you guys want a picture of. We could have a collage of different Khoo pictures, or we could do his Penny Arcade avatar, or we could do his real life face....It'll be interesting to see what everyone wants. In the meantime, I'll ask Khoo if it is alright to put his face/avatar on the coin. Maybe he would even be able to suggest some poses of himself for the coin.

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • IncarnadineIncarnadine Registered User regular
    If we're going to do Khoo, it's got to be his avatar. It doesn't make sense any other way.

• DaPaladinDaPaladin Registered User regular
    I'd prefer the classic accurate profile like Presidents on US coinage or as the Roman Emperors once did... also laurels on his head.

jparp8146qaj.png
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    did we get the gr
    DaPaladin wrote: »
    I'd prefer the classic accurate profile like Presidents on US coinage or as the Roman Emperors once did... also laurels on his head.

But this is Penny Arcade we're talking about.

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • ThornkinThornkin Registered User regular
    I suggest Khoo's avatar.

Just a quick draft. Not made by kiddercorp. Just a quick mock up of what I thought the coin might look likesm2y54dnw3c2.jpg

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • smashilatorsmashilator Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    If you message Mike and Jerry with this idea and ask real nice maybe they will offer to make a drawing of his avatar that would go well on a coin surface.

• bagelnzbagelnz Vancouver, BCRegistered User new member
    +1 for Khoo's avatar!

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Let me know if Mike/Jerry get copies of the coin. If not, I'll grab a couple extra and hook them up.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    not getting a coin..but....west :)

Okay, Mike and Jerry will not get coins from me unfortunately. However, I will order an extra one that I hand out to Mr. Khoo on behalf of the Penny Arcade Forumers and gamers in general. Okay, so if anyone can post a fantastic image of Robert Khoo by this Thursday, which I will use for the coin design, that would be amazing. I'm running out of time and want to try to get a coin pushed to Kiddercorp by Friday at the latest.

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Did Robert agree to being featured?

He did :)

OtyHMcu.jpg