As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Love] is love is love is love

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    that's your answer for everything

And why not?

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    My date yesterday went well save for some awkwardness at the start and end because I am super bad at PDAs... We walked through Hyde Park and ended up in Soho for steak, spent like 4 hours just talking (and stayed off the nightmare political situation for 3 of those, haha).

Need to get over kissing and holding hands in public, I am a ridiculous child.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    My mantra for hard conversations is that it's better to know - this has applied to lots of conversations within relationships too. Without knowing the truth I'm just dealing with my insane what-if scenarios and anxiety spirals, and at least once I know I am in the world of reality and can go from there.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    love to be able to apply webcomics to other topics

f0fkc3sdoydf.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Oh, crazy ex who I walked in on boning another dude...what are you doing sniffing around my Linkedin profile?

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Oh, crazy ex who I walked in on boning another dude...what are you doing sniffing around my Linkedin profile?

dreaming of a glorious future, though perhaps brief.

This other lady says I look like Jack Davenport

Well

Yes I can see myself as a royal navy commodore, certainly

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Solar wrote: »

Well

I just went on a hunt for an unflattering picture of Jack Davenport and they don't friggin exist

you lucky bastard.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    A local bank is advertising itself as a "safe haven" for people who would like to open a savings account

This is the bank where two employees murdered a customer so they could take his money

That doesn't seem safe at all!

A local bank is advertising itself as a "safe haven" for people who would like to open a savings account

This is the bank where two employees murdered a customer so they could take his money

That doesn't seem safe at all!

Safe for the money

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    An emotional thing I need to be able to vent about a little. Game of Thrones finale spoilers.
    Firstly, I'm not in danger, I want to make that clear. This is not a cry for help or anything, just a venting because if I can't talk about it, it feels even more isolating.

Tommen's suicide really hit me. I didn't see it coming, at all. Which is a problem, because due to my past, I need buffers against suicidal stuff. Usually, fictional suicides are pretty clearly telegraphed well in advance, so I have time to brace myself. This one didn't give me that kind of notice.

Today's been rough. I'm going to make it, I'm fine in the ultimate sense. But something about the suddenness of it, and the peaceful way it was portrayed (relative to the clusterfuck that happened in the scene right before it) just delved into my brain and tried its damnedest to plant eggs.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    "Jun 27 6:29 pm

There’s a lovely person between Y and I
    on your keyboard… Just look :)"

I only see another key. Which I'm glad of as I don't want someone standing on my laptop. Seriously though, today has been a day for new messages that I've not seen before.

XDFGHU? Is he in Scientology or a Cthullu cult or something like that?

WACriminal wrote: »
    An emotional thing I need to be able to vent about a little. Game of Thrones finale spoilers.
    Firstly, I'm not in danger, I want to make that clear. This is not a cry for help or anything, just a venting because if I can't talk about it, it feels even more isolating.

Tommen's suicide really hit me. I didn't see it coming, at all. Which is a problem, because due to my past, I need buffers against suicidal stuff. Usually, fictional suicides are pretty clearly telegraphed well in advance, so I have time to brace myself. This one didn't give me that kind of notice.

Today's been rough. I'm going to make it, I'm fine in the ultimate sense. But something about the suddenness of it, and the peaceful way it was portrayed (relative to the clusterfuck that happened in the scene right before it) just delved into my brain and tried its damnedest to plant eggs.

:bro:

You can PM me if you want to talk about it champ

honovere wrote: »
    Angelina wrote: »
    "Jun 27 6:29 pm

There’s a lovely person between Y and I
    on your keyboard… Just look :)"

I only see another key. Which I'm glad of as I don't want someone standing on my laptop. Seriously though, today has been a day for new messages that I've not seen before.

XDFGHU? Is he in Scientology or a Cthullu cult or something like that?

When I lived in Deutschland I used a german keyboard mapped to an australian layout.
    It pissed off everybody.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Well

I have a British commodore's button from the Revolutionary War!

Xaquin wrote: »

Well

That's mine

give it here

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    i got fucked up a few nights ago and made my tinder profile really bad and stupid on purpose and now i'm getting way more matches than when i tried to present an earnest idea of myself

m5BjVVJ.jpg

one of 'em says she's new to town and i'm gonna see if she wants to go to the zoo and look at animals haha woot

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
    That's a genius profile

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Well my relationship reverted to a previous save. I went from the boyfriend level, back to the dating level because we didn't have enough xp.

I'm not sad? She felt that she wants us to get to know each other better before we attach the label, which I totally understand and am fine with.

Just a little nervous it won't pan out this time.

I did tell her that if we get back to being boyfriend/girlfriend, that it will be her turn to ask me out.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    You know what, German keyboards can suck it. I don't care where you put the letters on your keyboard but when you hide crucial symbols that are used routinely in everyday computing behind ALT keys you're just intentionally trying to fuck with international users. I though German designs were supposed to be focused on efficiency.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

You got to go for a big quest mate

journey somewhere new and exciting

slaughter a high level enemy together and plunder their loot

then you'll be sorted

Man this metaphor has got legs!

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular

then you'll be sorted

Next date idea will be the scary cave that has monster noises! What could possibly go wrong?

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »

then you'll be sorted

Next date idea will be the scary cave that has monster noises! What could possibly go wrong?

Whoah whoah hang on.
    You can't just go straight to the monster cave.
    Have you cleared rats and/or giant roaches from a basement yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    My date yesterday went well save for some awkwardness at the start and end because I am super bad at PDAs... We walked through Hyde Park and ended up in Soho for steak, spent like 4 hours just talking (and stayed off the nightmare political situation for 3 of those, haha).

Need to get over kissing and holding hands in public, I am a ridiculous child.

Lord but you can't stop me from kissing in public once I get going
    It's dinner and a show over here

then you'll be sorted

Now remember, always use protection

Personally, I like Mithril Full Plate. Sure, it's expensive, but the superior maximum Dex bonus to AC is well worth it. You'll thank me later.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    You gotta grind some more

:winky:

Triple Qantas Points to London. Book now!

oh qantas
    is this really the time

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    If the pound keeps dropping you can probably vacation on the cheap in England

But after the articles from today I wonder if I would get beaten with sticks if I crossed the border

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

then you'll be sorted

Now remember, always use protection

Personally, I like Mithril Full Plate. Sure, it's expensive, but the superior maximum Dex bonus to AC is well worth it. You'll thank me later.

nah mate, you gotta go full on with the celestial plate, that's the business

edited June 2016
    Xaquin wrote: »

Well

That's mine

give it here

bk2ibru2l8my.jpg

edit:

whoops, commander, not commodore!

(apologies!)

Xaquin on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    This love thread is almost gone. I will miss it.

May its death be swift and painless, and may the new one rise from its ashes to the triumphant fanfare of one thousand screaming demons.

Yeah I need the love thread to stick around because otherwise I am without aid

more women might message me and I'll be lost and alone

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Yeah I need the love thread to stick around because otherwise I am without aid

more women might message me and I'll be lost and alone

For when the thread is gone, just listen to Freddie

https://youtu.be/6_5O-nUiZ_0

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Dear Livejournal Thread,

I have no love related news today.

But I do have super weird and awkward midnight calls from my friend's mother out of nowhere, aggressively guilt tripping me to hang out with said friend more while he's in town.

For a brief moment after hanging up I had to double check it wasn't 1998 again.

Veldrin wrote: »
    Dear Livejournal Thread,

I have no love related news today.

But I do have super weird and awkward midnight calls from my friend's mother out of nowhere, aggressively guilt tripping me to hang out with said friend more while he's in town.

For a brief moment after hanging up I had to double check it wasn't 1998 again.

It IS!

Good news:

You're younger, the economy is better, and the music is better

Bad news:

Your internet sucks, GWB is about to be elected in a bit, and you have to act surprised about everything

Good news:

depending on your memory, you can make a lot of money gambling!

Bullshit the music in '98 was better

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Bullshit the music in '98 was better

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea though

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Another love thread done and I still haven't found love?

I'm starting to think complaining to Internet people about how dateless I am instead of trying to get a date isn't gonna get me a date.

This is some bullshit

If you meet the love thread on the road, kill it

Juggernut wrote: »
    Another love thread done and I still haven't found love?

I'm starting to think complaining to Internet people about how dateless I am instead of trying to get a date isn't gonna get me a date.

This is some bullshit

how do you know you just haven't complained enough?

I'd give it a few hundred more pages to be sure

This discussion has been closed.