As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is this [Love]?

XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
Or is it just rough sex with Michael Douglas?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Lz0R9nvfg&autoplay=1

Love is a many confused thing. We can all benefit from this instructional video.

Oh, and also the group support from a fine forum of people from all across the world

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    What is love?
    baby don't hurt me

P.S. My wife and I will celebrate our 11th anniversary this July

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    That I'm feeling

• AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    "Jun 28 12:17 am

Hi Angelina, I would like to know more. My only concern is the distance, but the plus is, you could come and see the small horses (well actually ponies) just down from my house. I don't know what else to write. But I like you.

Jun 28 1:13 pm

What are you up to today?

Jun 28 2:07 pm

OK, I give up."

Online dating people please don't do this. Some people have exams and a video game addiction. Or work I guess. Decent first message as well!

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Well, bullet dodged there! Three messages in a day when you don't get a response? Not so good.

In pedestrian life, I forgot my headphones/protective shield and people say more vulgar things without them I think. Some guy said super loudly to his friend while I passed by "think I can't fuck that?" whiiiiiich doesn't even make very much sense? Ugh. I miss my car

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    "Jun 28 12:17 am

Hi Angelina, I would like to know more. My only concern is the distance, but the plus is, you could come and see the small horses (well actually ponies) just down from my house. I don't know what else to write. But I like you.

Jun 28 1:13 pm

What are you up to today?

Jun 28 2:07 pm

OK, I give up."

Online dating people please don't do this. Some people have exams and a video game addiction. Or work I guess. Decent first message as well!

I don't understand how people can't just fucking wait for a response. It's not a goddamn chatroom.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that all went down in less than two hours. LRN 2 PAYSHUNS NOOB

Well, bullet dodged there! Three messages in a day when you don't get a response? Not so good.

In pedestrian life, I forgot my headphones/protective shield and people say more vulgar things without them I think. Some guy said super loudly to his friend while I passed by "think I can't fuck that?" whiiiiiich doesn't even make very much sense? Ugh. I miss my car

That? That?! Wonderful, you're not even a person apparently. People are gross.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular

Ew, I'm so sorry. :(

Thanks! It made me feel pretty uncomfortable and slightly afraid even though I knew he probably wouldn't do anything other than talk. Only a block away from work too! Blah.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

I'm gonna go ahead and assume he was talking about a nearby bowl of mashed potatoes, so that I can retain some faith in humanity.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Thanks! It made me feel pretty uncomfortable and slightly afraid even though I knew he probably wouldn't do anything other than talk. Only a block away from work too! Blah.

Hey I'm sorry thats awful.

@moriveth and I have been together 10 years next month

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    It got eaten by the previous thread closure, so I'll repost: If anybody feels like critiquing my OKC profile, I'd be much appreciative.

https://www.okcupid.com/profile/MessyConfessor

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »

I'm gonna go ahead and assume he was talking about a nearby bowl of mashed potatoes, so that I can retain some faith in humanity.

is someone wanting to fuck mashed potatoes really that much better? I mean it's a little better but....

Magic Pink wrote: »

is someone wanting to fuck mashed potatoes really that much better? I mean it's a little better but....

Look whatever a person wants to do in private with their food is none of my business.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Liiya wrote: »

Thanks, I appreciate it! I've been thinking of you during all this Brexit insanity <3

WACriminal wrote: »
    It got eaten by the previous thread closure, so I'll repost: If anybody feels like critiquing my OKC profile, I'd be much appreciative.

Good you don't list your salary.

My self-summary
    What is your name?

What I’m doing with my life
    Fixing people's cellphones. And getting paid pretty well to do it.

What do you actually do? Can you pad it out a bit?

I spend a lot of time thinking about
    What Petyr Baelish is really up to.

What else? do you ever think about where you want to be in X years etc? Your hobbies?

You should message me if
    ...any of the following are true.

I'd make this shorter and more narrative, but thats just my style.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I've been thinking of you during all this Brexit insanity <3

Thanks you <3

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    @moriveth and I have been together 10 years next month

Somehow!

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Look whatever a person wants to do in private with their food is none of my business.

but it was out on the street!

@WACriminal I like it! Your what I spend time thinking about made me giggle out loud. My only thing, and it's a personal thing, is there are no straight on pictures of your face completely uncovered. I'm old and cynical and been dating too long so I like a proper view of someone's face before I meet up with them. I like your main pic though! I don't think there's anything you need to change, you sound fun.

@WACriminal I also think it looks pretty great, but like Liiya I'd like to see the first two sections fleshed out a little. There's a lot of humor in your profile, which is great, but I think there could be a little more actual, truthful detail, too.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh the woman I went out with last night was real neat and I hope she thought I was neat. We're going to go out again this week, either tomorrow or Thursday. It was a ton of fun just talking with her, and she seems so perceptive and driven.

I guess the fact that she was like "Yeah I can go out like any time after work!" is a sign that she thinks I'm neat.

I do think I'm going to have a decent time out tonight with another person but I think probably unless we super-click this time I am going to break it off. Last year I spent a long time not being sure who I wanted to be with out of the people I was seeing and it was mostly nerve-wracking rather than fun. I don't want to drag things out this time!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    "Jun 28 7:05 pm

Willy"

Yey Internet dating.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dude, they freed that whale years ago.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I was thinking, "willy or won't 'e?"

steam_sig.png
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    What is love?
    baby don't hurt me

P.S. My wife and I will celebrate our 11th anniversary this July

W00t! My 11th will be this August! Yay 2005 marriages!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    Kamiro wrote: »
    WACriminal wrote: »

Good you don't list your salary.

My self-summary
    What is your name?

So, this may just be me, but I wait to tell people my name until after I get a response. I have a fairly unique first name that would allow people to easily google me based on a few other things that were in my profile. In my online dating experience, almost no one had their name in their profile.

Thats fair enough! I personally like it because its easier to say "Hi John" to start out with, and also as a woman on the flip side you can do a cheeky google and check he's not a rapist .

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I didn't have much for the message me part so I just put "if tina belcher is your spirit animal"

which is true, want to meet that lady

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I usually do a "Hi, my name's X. You can text me at Y" after I've asked a person out, but I have info that makes my like public-presence googleable if you want. Like "I work on [thing where I write and my name is my byline]".

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    I have next to no web presence under my name, but I still don't have it listed in my profile, because I'd rather not start accruing a web presence.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Thats fair chaps, you do you!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't keep my name in my profile precisely so I can use it to introduce myself

Like, if someone else has a name in their profile, I'll likely give them mine right away

But oftentimes they do not, and it gives me the great opportunity (generally right around date setup) to be like, "By the way, my name's Greg" and create that opening for an introduction

Also I feel kind of uncomfortable using my real name on the Internet. Probably because I grew up in the age of message boards and IM where screen names were the norm. On some weird level it feels more normal to talk to strangers using a nonsensical nickname.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Yeah you totally shouldn't give out your name to random internet people, that would be silly and regrettable....

Yeah you totally shouldn't give out your name to random internet people, that would be silly and regrettable....

I mean, that ship sailed for me on here ages ago, but still...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Gamera

Xaquin wrote: »

Gamera

My secret!!!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.