As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Overwatch: New hero, Ana, out now

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Man I cannot wait for some new character reveals

I finally have something to look forward to at Blizzcon other than Diablo news

i'd honestly be surprised if we don't see a new character before blizzcon in november, we already know that a sniper (possibly sombra, but we don't actually know if that name is attached to that character) was in development during beta

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    zeny's ult is super strong, but it is tough to use

it's generally best to hold it until they throw out a graviton surge or something

That feels so much less broadly useful than rez though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

it's generally best to hold it until they throw out a graviton surge or something

That feels so much less broadly useful than rez though

yep

but in exchange for a persnickety ult you get to do lots of damage all the time

Shorty on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    The brawl mode is hilariously awesome. All Pharah and Mercy.

• Options
    I cannot wait for the day when they give us any brawl other than "you only get to use certain characters"

• Options
    a reactive ult like mercy's is on paper worse than the proactive ults of lucio and zen

i think that they just erred the numbers a bit too high on it possibly to compensate

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    mercy's ult could stand to charge a bit slower, probably

or zeny's a bit faster, perhaps

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I cannot wait for the day when they give us any brawl other than "you only get to use certain characters"

They had arcade mode. Is that what you mean?

• Options

make 0cd Junkrat a real mode

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Marathon wrote: »

sure, that's one idea

• Options

make 0cd Junkrat a real mode

I believe I can flyyyy
    I believe I can touch the skyyyyy

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

sure, that's one idea

There was also random character mode.

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    mcsRcMi.jpg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    1-1 in competitive thus far. Won Hollywood, lost Ilios.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I hoped that Brawl could have some wacky rules, like "no visible player names" so that you can't tell friend from foe, or "friendly fire" for extra madness...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »

sure, that's one idea

There was also random character mode.

I also did not care for that one

• Options
    I hoped that Brawl could have some wacky rules, like "no visible player names" so that you can't tell friend from foe, or "friendly fire" for extra madness...

deathmatch might be interesting

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Friendly fire, junkrat and Pharah only. For when you really need people to learn to aim..

• Options

Most games with special modes take a while to suss out different ideas and make them work. All brawls are kind of beta test game modes. I'm sure blizzard is keeping track of which ones have the highest plays and will keep those around.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

They could have added a "the floor is lava" quirk this week since you can essentially fly forever

• Options
    edited June 2016

They could have added a "the floor is lava" quirk this week since you can essentially fly forever

Titanfall had that as a game mode and it was cool.

Magell on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    First competitive match: all pugs, all coordinating on mic, all putting in effort. I heal the team to victory, get Mercy POTG
    Second match: All pugs, no one has mic, no one says anything, we get melted out the gate
    Third match: All pugs, couple people on mic, but someone on my team quits in the first few seconds. Eventually, everyone leaves but me, I decide to just stick it out. I get fucking POTG and all the medals cause I was the only one on my team

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Bee tee dubs, competitive mode is a fucking shitshow right now. Apparently the first match where everyone tried was just a fluke.

godmode on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

i reflexively pop it whenever i hear someone starting to yell in japanese

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options

i reflexively pop it whenever i hear someone starting to yell in japanese

I panic whenever I hear Japanese and run away from the point. The seemingly increasing number of Genjis makes that less effective.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I've been so ridiculously busy the past few weeks, so I've barely been able to even touch this. Hopefully I should have some more time for it soon.

I heard there were some nerfs recently? Who copped what?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    4 matches into my placement

won all 4, got gold medals on 3 of them

taking a break because my hand is cramping from how hard i'm clutching this mouse because I mean SRS BZNZ

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I've been so ridiculously busy the past few weeks, so I've barely been able to even touch this. Hopefully I should have some more time for it soon.

On PC widowmaker's scoped non-headshot damage was pushed down a bit so she can't kill 150 health characters with a bodyshot, and she can't recope after unscoping until the unscoping animation finishes. On console she's unchanged or maybe just the scoping change applied. I think on both PC and console mccree's fan the hammer damage was cut in half? And on console only, torbjorn's turret's damage was cut by 30%. Other than that all I remember are some bug fixes for teleporting into strange geometry with Reaper getting fixed.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

mcree's fan the hammer does less damage

widowmaker takes longer to charge up, can't cancel her "come out of sniping" animation anymore, and she does less damage with bodyshots, but does more damage with headshots

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Was widow's shot charge time increased or just her ultimate charge rate
    She doesn't do more damage with headshots, she does the same as pre-nerf, they just increased the multiplier because the base damage went down

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Holy shit this week's brawl is intense. Clickclickclickclickclickshift

No I don't.
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Was widow's shot charge time increased or just her ultimate charge rate
    She doesn't do more damage with headshots, she does the same as pre-nerf, they just increased the multiplier because the base damage went down

Just the ult.

• Options
    On getting really confident with dva

Which makes me super excited for her buff to happen

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    First competitive match: all pugs, all coordinating on mic, all putting in effort. I heal the team to victory, get Mercy POTG
    Second match: All pugs, no one has mic, no one says anything, we get melted out the gate
    Third match: All pugs, couple people on mic, but someone on my team quits in the first few seconds. Eventually, everyone leaves but me, I decide to just stick it out. I get fucking POTG and all the medals cause I was the only one on my team

I know this was a problem Halo had back in the day.

Nobody wanted to play ranked and preferred casual. So it was very YMMV.

Which I understand.

• Options
    God fucking damnit. I'm 1 for 5 in these fucking placement matches. I'm not doing this shit with pugs ever again. It's infuriating.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Man, I haven't grouped once and I'm having a wonderful time with this game.

Even when my team does poorly, there's always ways to try and carry the match.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Man, I haven't grouped once and I'm having a wonderful time with this game.

Even when my team does poorly, there's always ways to try and carry the match.

I don't mind carrying on defense, but on offense it's not good.

• Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Well I'm 2 for 2 on these competitive matches. First one we got an afk. I wish they could just sub in a quick play player. How are there not bots to do that too?

Otherwise, it's been way more fun. I love it when people get serious. I'm finding that people use much different characters in competitive. Although one match we won with 3 winstons....

This discussion has been closed.