As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is this [Love]?

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    My name is my actual name because whatever

Also your profile should be as true to, like, your voice if you like? as it can be

Then there's not a dissonance between you as a profile, you in a message chat, you in real life etc.

I'm not sure how to do this. I've met several folks in real life after knowing them online, and the consensus seems to be that I'm quieter and less funny (which I read as polite for "more boring", thanks anxiety disorders!) in person.

I imagine this is true for anyone you know online first, dont worry!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I can't imagine how or why that would have upset anyone??? It's adorable and sweet and you guys are a friggin' role model.

i'm kinda sleep deprived at the moment and not thinking clearly. was worried i might have seemed like i was showing off?

I have to be careful irl about bragging about him too much, or one of my girlfriends gets really aggro/jealous and keeps trying to make comparisons to her partner and how he should be like ecco.

so i'm a bit over cautious?

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I think that says more about your friend, you two are lovely and give me hope I'll have a relationship are lovely as yours. You two are great <3

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    in the event england goes off without a hitch, i hope i can learn the nuances of the place and take in all the cool shit. ill be able to visit the oxford campus because we know a guy, and ngl, visiting the oxford library before i die is like the greatest blessing

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I can't imagine how or why that would have upset anyone??? It's adorable and sweet and you guys are a friggin' role model.

i'm kinda sleep deprived at the moment and not thinking clearly. was worried i might have seemed like i was showing off?

I have to be careful irl about bragging about him too much, or one of my girlfriends gets really aggro/jealous and keeps trying to make comparisons to her partner and how he should be like ecco.

My girlfriend took me to see the Violent Femmes this weekend!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

How dare you be happy in your relationship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdGxkGk4taw

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    the cathedral at st albans! god, im gonna be able to visit that on the reg. if any of you are around any of the destinations i hit up around there please let me know

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

If this had anything to do with my comments, I promise you they were entirely complimentary and appreciative. I think I speak for most of the thread when I say we love hearing people in happy relationships talk about said happy relationships. They're as important to the thread as dating advice and commiseration.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Zoel wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    I mean I fail most educational background questions I bet.

Should I get way into eugenics? :rotate:

I mean Idk if you think the earth is bigger than the sun but you also think unintelligent people shouldn't have children then uhHHHhhHHHhhhHHHH

you should reconsider that

My profile states that I believe that the earth is bigger than the sun

Because I'm an asshole who values subjective experience over science

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

If this had anything to do with my comments, I promise you they were entirely complimentary and appreciative. I think I speak for most of the thread when I say we love hearing people in happy relationships talk about said happy relationships. They're as important to the thread as dating advice and commiseration.

no, it's more my brain spiders than anything specific.

i'm constantly afraid of saying the wrong thing and upsetting folks.

is all good. i'm gonna eat my chips and keep lurking.

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I'm the same way @lonelyahava !

/also continues lurking 8-)

steam_sig.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    no that's me. that's why I don't chaperone prom even though everyone asks if I will, which I don't know why they do

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    This will probably strike many (most?) of you as incredibly quiant, but my parents are moving out of the house I grew up in on Thursday.

Their new place is incredibly nice, but I figured I'd have another chance to go home one last time. I'm, uh, really bummed, to put it mildly.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    This will probably strike many (most?) of you as incredibly quiant, but my parents are moving out of the house I grew up in on Thursday.

Their new place is incredibly nice, but I figured I'd have another chance to go home one last time. I'm, uh, really bummed, to put it mildly.

I'm not sure what I'll do when my parents inevitably move out of their house. I spent my childhood helping my dad rebuild that house, room by room. The idea of some strangers one day living there is incomprehensible to me. So I totally feel you, man.

:bro:

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    ...it suddenly occurs to me that, of all my siblings, I'm the one most likely to inherit our home/land (what little there is of it) someday because I'm the only one who has expressed any desire to live in that area ever again.

Huh.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Damnation!
    Just when I think I've gone and purged all emotion from my body, ol' GG has a crush

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    nah, I have a pretty unique name and it turns out there's like 30 people with no only the same first name but the same last name as well
    If you google Anya, the only results are of her (thanks, me, for blurting it on a few sites)

Her first name isn't even in the top 1,000 popular names, her middle name is also unpopular, and sites online agree there are fewer than 500 people with our last name in the U.S. (And it's not really found outside of the U.S. except in Russian speaking countries, but it is also rare there).

So I would be surprised if anyone had her first name + last name combo and I'd be even more surprised if anyone shared all three of her names.

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Damnation!
    Just when I think I've gone and purged all emotion from my body, ol' GG has a crush

do you got your spine?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Damnation!

do you got your spine?

For the time being!
    All my skin, too

edited June 2016
    according to social security anya is about the 450th most popular name for girls in the US. mine hasn't been in the top 1000 at all so you'd be surprised when you are talking about a sample size of 360 million.

Jars on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I really like the name Anya.

It's lovely.

according to social security anya is about the 450th most popular name for girls in the US. mine hasn't been in the top 1000 at all so you'd be surprised when you are talking about a sample size of 360 million.

Is it .... Jars?

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    This thread convinced me to Google my real name and, um, I kinda wish I hadn't?

Nearly half of the first 30 images results using GIS are mug shots.

I've never been arrested, I swear!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D

Is it .... Jars?

it's swedish, you gotta say it like yars

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    nah, I have a pretty unique name and it turns out there's like 30 people with no only the same first name but the same last name as well
    If you google Anya, the only results are of her (thanks, me, for blurting it on a few sites)

Her first name isn't even in the top 1,000 popular names, her middle name is also unpopular, and sites online agree there are fewer than 500 people with our last name in the U.S. (And it's not really found outside of the U.S. except in Russian speaking countries, but it is also rare there).

So I would be surprised if anyone had her first name + last name combo and I'd be even more surprised if anyone shared all three of her names.

Anya Lame-ass-made-up-maiden-name Harris?

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Her actual name is Annaleah :)

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    please don't google my name unless you want to see a trail of embarrassing as hell shit

6vjsgrerts6r.png

please don't google my name unless you want to see a trail of embarrassing as hell shit

says here you've been posting on SE++

I'm embarrassed for you.

THAT'S TWO NAMES

says here you've been posting on SE++

I'm embarrassed for you.

brb

dying of shame

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TamTam Registered User regular
    just watched The Lobster
    strange film, very uncomfortable parts
    then caught the director's name

Oh hey guy who made Dogtooth, of course you made this

i really, really, really wanted to like the lobster

i am so bummed i didn't

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

My parents are moving from the west coast to the east to be closer to my sister, and I have cried about it even though I live in a different country now.

i don't even feel at home when i visit the house i grew up in

it's been so altered since my mom died. it's alien and univiting

i'll be glad when the bank finally takes it away

6vjsgrerts6r.png

THAT'S TWO NAMES

That's her middle name.

"Annaleah 'That's Two Names' Fandango"

That's right, Moriveth and Janson's last name is Fandango.

Doesn't sound Russian, I know.

I cried like hell when we moved mt grandmother from her home. She'd been living there since 1940-ish, had cared for her parents and in laws, raised her kids, and i spent many many years of m childhood there. But at the age of 89, a 3 story brick townhouse, with basement, was just too much for her on her own.

I feel ya, dude.

I cried like hell when we moved mt grandmother from her home. She'd been living there since 1940-ish, had cared for her parents and in laws, raised her kids, and i spent many many years of m childhood there. But at the age of 89, a 3 story brick townhouse, with basement, was just too much for her on her own.

I feel ya, dude.

The idea that some day a single home with many stories might be "too much" for me to manage is deeply unsettling.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I get weird results if I google my name like a lawyer, a retired surgeon, various cops, an actor ,a guy in London stole my facebook info just my pics and such as who really wants to look like me? so that is one of the many reasons I use a fake profile
    But then my real full name is 3 uncommon first names

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    If I google my name, all the results are of me :?

steam_sig.png
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    There's a chiropractor and a dentist in western PA both with my name.

There's also a dog in Nevada.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
This discussion has been closed.