As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the week 14/11/07

SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Graphic Violence
Nova
nova8dcp0027np7.jpg
nova8dcp0028sw2.jpg
Also the Worldmind's freak being taken to a whole new level.

Ghost Rider
gr17dcp0030zr5.jpg

Also, finding a copy of Nikolai Dante : The Romanov Dynasty because hot damn I love it.

heavensidesig80.jpg
PiptheFair wrote: »
killing children would be hilarious
Olivaw wrote: »
HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
NotACrook wrote: »
I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
cock vore is fuckin hilarious
SalmonOfDoubt on

• ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Batman and the Outsiders
    The Martian Manhunter reveal was great, as was the, er, hatching of the OMAC.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Punisher War Journal delivers once again.

Great, great stuff with Spider-Man and Frank. It goes on for like six pages, so I'm not going to scan it all. Just go buy it.

There is a part right at the beginning with the Rhino though. I will scan that.

DarkPrimus on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Countdown to Final Crisis #24
    Superman Prime killing every single hero on Earth-15 and then destroying the entire planet was pretty cool if you ask me. I'll see if I can get some scans later if no one else posts them.

KVW on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    Superman Prime killing every single hero on Earth-15 and then destroying the entire planet was pretty cool if you ask me. I'll see if I can get some scans later if no one else posts them.

Yeah, that was pretty damn cool.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Batman and the Outsiders

Was the reveal him changing back to his old costume?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

holyshitwhat

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    edited November 2007
    As promised, a moment from Punisher War Journal 13.

ohyeah.jpg

DarkPrimus on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    oh god I love matt fraction

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited November 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    oh god I love matt fraction

In the preceding pages, the other bank robbers tell him to "do it old school".

He sits in the van mumbling "old school, right... old school" for the next half a page before busting out of the van shouting "OLD SCHOOL!"

DarkPrimus on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Green Arrow/Black Canary was awesome this week. Fucking hilarious.

Countdown was pretty cool too, though superman prime looked too aged considering the comments he was making.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Green Arrow/Black Canary was awesome this week. Fucking hilarious.

Agreed.

Booster Gold was pretty good as well. But I wish they didn't "blow their load" so fast. Woulda been great if they went through all of the JLA, and prehaps set it up so that it was Booster that set the DCU the way it was.

I also throughly enjoyed New Avengers. Finally we get back to some good old fashion villian ass kicking rather than bitching about and fighting against Tony.

DharmaBum on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Batman and the Outsiders

If only.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited November 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Batman and the Outsiders

If only.

J'onns new look grew on me very quickly, I still can't stand Katana's new duds. The sleeves oh god the sleeves!

Bad Karma on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My moment of the week won't come until saturday when I can pick up LoEG and Scott Pilgrim.

Sars_Boy on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    As promised, a moment from Punisher War Journal 13.

ohyeah.jpg

This is a thing of beauty. :^:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2007
    All of Punisher #13 was fantastic this week.

Especially the Domino part.

Sars_Boy on
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nova
    Thor
    House of M Avengers
    New Avengers
    Avenger's Initiative

Too much awesome to pick just one moment of the week

Though, A:Initiative
    Scarlet Spiders are clones of the deceased MVP, which means that so is the one that's home with the parents. Go Go Government coverups yeah!

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • SnoogySnoogy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    About Initiative: Avengers
    I'm confused by how exactly what the Scarlet Spiders did helps Pete. What they said was that he was a Spider-man, but not the Spider-man. So what? Even is he isn't still a Spider-man, he is still guilty of violating registration, right? Even if he isn't why was everyone all confused?

Snoogy on
  • HankScorpioHankScorpio Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    New Avengers-
    I don't know if I would say it is my moment of the week, but I enjoyed the fact that
    Howard the Duck was included in the group of people that showed up to fight the Hood and his crew.

HankScorpio on
    Scorpiohank.png
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh jesus fuck yes

The end of New Avengers.

The reveal was fantastic.
    Especially Thor and Howard the Duck. Although I'm not sure why Punisher is there. Or Silver Surfer. But fuck yes. Kinda sucks that The Hood is getting taken out this quickly, though.

Captain Marvel had some awesome.
    "Do not forget alternate realities. I fought a zombie Spider-man once."

"Who hasn't?"

hahahahahaha

Ghost Rider
    "I just need a phone."

"..."

"BEHOLD!"

Mai-Kero on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nightwing
    DC needs to make Fabian the main writer on this book stat.

"Notice Damina's costume. Note to self: smack a clue into this kid."

"You're embarrassing me!"
    "You do that just fine on your own."

That and more. Oh ya, can't forget Nightwing flirting with Tiger Moth and the rest of the girls. Dick truely is the man whore of the year.

Black Adam - all of it.
    These are just a couple of the 22 pages of pure win.

adam1qx1.jpg

Don't shoot Teth. Just don't do it.

adam4wx9.jpg

Don't shoot people that help Teth. Just don't do it.

adam5wq9.jpg

Our heroes don't seem to notice our friend stuck in the ceiling.

Concerning that New Avengers spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure that's an illusion by Dr Strange based on what he say sbefore the final splash page. That and Silver Surfer, Punisher and Howard the Duck are there. And the Mighty Avengers are in Latveria by now. And Thor doesn't take place until after WWH and this issue is before WWH and I dont want to know how they know about Thor's return at this point.

KVW on
    edited November 2007
    oh man I love Doug Mahnke but that J'onn is fucking horrible.

Sars_Boy on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    oh man I love Doug Mahnke but that J'onn is fucking horrible.

Just explain it by saying he's a shapeshifter

Bloods End on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Booster Gold
    picture2tu5.png

I have to admit I'm a little worried about the next issue

But I suppose I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Teen Titans East wasn't exactly a moment of the week.. more like WTF moment (in a not so good way) of the week.
    So for anyone else who read it, did they just kill off the entire "roster" of titans east? It just looks like its going to be the classic lineup from the preview of Titans #1. What a waste of characters, to just kill off 7 characters at once. And if Winick is writing the Titans series... ugh.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
    edited November 2007
    Drakeon wrote: »
    Teen Titans East wasn't exactly a moment of the week.. more like WTF moment (in a not so good way) of the week.
    So for anyone else who read it, did they just kill off the entire "roster" of titans east? It just looks like its going to be the classic lineup from the preview of Titans #1. What a waste of characters, to just kill off 7 characters at once. And if Winick is writing the Titans series... ugh.
    First off, this team was never going to last post Special. It was always going to be the classic lineup on the 'Titans'. Second, if you look close, aside from Power Boy, none of those hits were exactly kill shots.

Bad Karma on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I picked it up off the shelf, fully expecting it to be a shitty rehash of shitty old Graduation Day, and I was pretty much right. Yay. But from what I read while flipping through it, I thought that
    most of the cast survived, save Power Boy, who was impaled. It'd be a huge waste to kill Hawk, Dove, and (Son of) Vulcan. If it turns out they're all dead, then Winick can go fuck himself, and that'll be it for me buying his work. I was already on the fence about getting trades for GA/BC, given what it looks like he'll do to Conner, and I'm convinced now he's just a one trick pony. Well, actually I guess writing banter laden with sexual innuendo and killing off a bunch of characters counts as two tricks.

Munch on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nightwing
    DC needs to make Fabian the main writer on this book stat.

"Notice Damina's costume. Note to self: smack a clue into this kid."

"You're embarrassing me!"
    "You do that just fine on your own."

That and more. Oh ya, can't forget Nightwing flirting with Tiger Moth and the rest of the girls. Dick truely is the man whore of the year.

Black Adam - all of it.
    These are just a couple of the 22 pages of pure win.

adam1qx1.jpg

Don't shoot Teth. Just don't do it.

adam4wx9.jpg

Don't shoot people that help Teth. Just don't do it.

adam5wq9.jpg

Our heroes don't seem to notice our friend stuck in the ceiling.

I'm pretty sure that's an illusion by Dr Strange based on what he say sbefore the final splash page. That and Silver Surfer, Punisher and Howard the Duck are there. And the Mighty Avengers are in Latveria by now. And Thor doesn't take place until after WWH and this issue is before WWH and I dont want to know how they know about Thor's return at this point.

Hahaha

I can't believe I missed that. Yeah, it makes perfect sense.

Mai-Kero on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Munch wrote: »

I picked it up off the shelf, fully expecting it to be a shitty rehash of shitty old Graduation Day, and I was pretty much right. Yay. But from what I read while flipping through it, I thought that
    most of the cast survived, save Power Boy, who was impaled. It'd be a huge waste to kill Hawk, Dove, and (Son of) Vulcan. If it turns out they're all dead, then Winick can go fuck himself, and that'll be it for me buying his work. I was already on the fence about getting trades for GA/BC, given what it looks like he'll do to Conner, and I'm convinced now he's just a one trick pony. Well, actually I guess writing banter laden with sexual innuendo and killing off a bunch of characters counts as two tricks.
    Well, yea, they weren't kill shots. I won't really miss power boy either. Still Donna is in the Challengers, Wally is in the JLA, Beast Boy is in the Doom Patrol. It just seems... convoluted to have them all on another team. I'd probably like the idea of it more if it weren't Winick writing it.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I know that absolutely no one else cares but I really liked this J'onn arc of JLA:Classified.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    BPRD : Killing Ground was full of entertaining WTF moments:
    Daimio turning into some sort of Japanese dog demon thing.

Johann showing up to save the day.

Daimio the dog demon tearing Johann's jaw/throat out.

...The ghost of Lobster Johnson?

I'm assuming that there will be at least a few answers next issue (they seemed to be playing up the fact that the characters were totally lost too).

DMAC on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Did no one read Punisher Max this week? I didn't expect that last page, although I kind of expected it happening eventually.

Sharp101 on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think my nega-Moment of the Week was the way the whole symbiote invasion played out.
    I knew they weren't going to make it an event on the level of Civil War and such, but I expected something more than "All of the people in New York City turned into symbiotes! But then they got better! And we had tea and crumpets!". Maybe it was my fault - I seem to recall people talking about this event as an Event, and trumping it up, so I expected several issues' worth of symbiotes. But it was literally over before it could begin. Correct me if I'm wrong: it started on the last page of one issue, was mentioned again on the last page of another issue, and then finished on the first couple of pages of a third issue, right?

I guess I should be thankful that it wasn't long enough to fuck up characterization or continuity, the way long events often do.

My actual moment of the week was realizing that I don't need or want Ultimate Saga #1, and have enough willpower to not buy it "just to have it".

Which doesn't mean I won't buy it later...

P.S. Also, I like that apparently Luke Cage reads these forums,
    and also thinks that Strange might be a Skrull using Skrull magic when casting those "here is the inner you" spells.

Delduwath on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    I think the main symbiote invasion storyline is actually going to play out in the pages of Mighty Avengers. If Frank Cho was faster the issues would have come out at the same time as the New Avengers ones and would probably make more sense.

Bogart on
    edited November 2007
    All-Star Superman was excellent as usual.
    "My God."

"The moon."

"What have you done?"

"You've broken the moon."

DMAC on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bogart wrote: »
    I think the main symbiote invasion storyline is actually going to play out in the pages of Mighty Avengers. If Frank Cho was faster the issues would have come out at the same time as the New Avengers ones and would probably make more sense.

Wait, we're having another Symbiote Iinvasion? I thought they were wiped out as a species during the last one.

Of course, during the last one, Venom and Eddie bonded irrevocably, and we all saw how long that actually lasted for...

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bogart wrote: »

Wait, we're having another Symbiote Iinvasion? I thought they were wiped out as a species during the last one.

Of course, during the last one, Venom and Eddie bonded irrevocably, and we all saw how long that actually lasted for...

Doom.

Cosmic Sombrero on
    edited November 2007
    DOOM

DMAC on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm glad you said that, because the whole Thor + Silver Surfer (didnt see Howard) confused the shit out of me. While the Mighty Avengers and the New Avengers played nice during the post Doom attack, I doubt they're at the point where Spidey can call up Stark and ask him to come out and play.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    DOOOOOOOOOOM

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS