As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this [Love]?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    If I google my name, all the results are of me :?

look i know your first name and i super do not believe this

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    My real name is so common that at one point I joined a Facebook group with thousands of people in it all with same name.

It's like I'm John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Maybe she means user name. In which case I get half the fashion thread.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

JebusUD wrote: »
    My real name is so common that at one point I joined a Facebook group with thousands of people in it all with same name.

I served with a guy who name was so common they gave him the nickname generic just to tell the difference between him and the other 3 with the same name

Brainleech on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Upon further googling I'm not only a fictional character from 1 Tree hill, but an Out fielder for the Missouri Redhawks and an actor know for his role in Final Cut (1988)

Other me's seem to be doing way better than me is doing.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I served with a guy who name was so common they gave him the nickname generic just to tell the difference between him and the other 3 with the same name

I mean... it isn't John Smith or anything. But it is common enough.

Your story reminds me of when I played soccer with a guy who had the same name as another kid on the team. But he looked like a 15 year old version of David Letterman. So we all called him Letterman.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Officially "taking a break" now.

Talking to two different nice young ladies about things, but I think I just wanna keep talking for now.

Facebook staying put because I don't want all her friends to flip out and bombard her with questions.

I hate this.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    If I google my name I have to make sure I have safesearch on.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    If I google my name I have to make sure I have safesearch on.

Dr Isaac Yankem D.D.S?

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Talking to two different nice young ladies about things, but I think I just wanna keep talking for now.

Facebook staying put because I don't want all her friends to flip out and bombard her with questions.

I hate this.

Ugh, I am sorry. That is hard.

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    The only other person I know of with my name is a gorgeous yoga instructor. I think I hate her a little bit.

People get my name wrong all the time though, yesterday my exam paperwork said Angelica. Rugrats ruined that name for me.

• Options
    never not calling you angelica now

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

I'm on the tube before 7am to go to a place I don't want to for 28 and a half hours over the next two days, ensuring that I will be sleep deprived tomorrow. I will happily be Angelica if it means I get to go back to bed. I would make that deal with the devil.

• Options
    Angelina wrote: »

I'm on the tube before 7am to go to a place I don't want to for 28 and a half hours over the next two days, ensuring that I will be sleep deprived tomorrow. I will happily be Angelica if it means I get to go back to bed. I would make that deal with the devil.

as the devil, i have to say

i really don't benefit from this deal, angelica

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Lalala can't hear you.

• Options
    I really was raised with kids who had odd and interesting names
    To which my mother said if you have children remember that you may think it's neat and cool but your child has to live with that name their entire life

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

I hate this.

Ugh, I am sorry. That is hard.

I think I'm okay with the short term here and now, it's all the stuff I still wanna do with her that I am pretty sure we will never get to do now that really breaks my heart.

Gonna have to let all that go eventually but not right now.

• Options
    Lalala can't hear you.

ANGELICA.

DO YOU NEED ME TO SPEAK UP,

ANGELICA?

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    The landlord sold the house I grew up in a couple of years ago ago and it's since been torn down. They've probably finished building the new (shockingly expensive) house that was going up on that lot. Sucks being on the wrong end of gentrification.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I grew up in a lot of places so I really don't know if I really have an attachment to a house I grew up in as I really more of remember the neighborhood more than the house

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    No one else has my name, thanks to a normal first name, and Assyrian last name.

Also, I might be fully single again? She hasn't been really replying to my texts.
    Oh well, maybe I will find out what's going on tomorrow after our soccer game.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Don't Google your own name if it's relatively common. It's depressing to not turn up in the results. Even appended with UK and hometown it's nothing other than strangers who have appropriated my name.

Also, one of these substandard facsimiles may have your dream job, which is just the kick in the nuts when you're beginning to wonder if you even exist.
    :x

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    There are ~10 google results for Anya's first + middle name, all of which are posts I made on various forums, lol whoops

And 1 Google result for her full name, which is because @moriveth had her credited in the Trickerion rule book

My pre-marriage name was so common I wouldn't even show up in the first 100 pages of results on Google. The anonymity was useful at times... Although thinking up an email name was always awkward!

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Also, I might be fully single again? She hasn't been really replying to my texts.
    Oh well, maybe I will find out what's going on tomorrow after our soccer game.

Bro.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    This will probably strike many (most?) of you as incredibly quiant, but my parents are moving out of the house I grew up in on Thursday.

Their new place is incredibly nice, but I figured I'd have another chance to go home one last time. I'm, uh, really bummed, to put it mildly.

I cried like hell when we moved mt grandmother from her home. She'd been living there since 1940-ish, had cared for her parents and in laws, raised her kids, and i spent many many years of m childhood there. But at the age of 89, a 3 story brick townhouse, with basement, was just too much for her on her own.

I feel ya, dude.

The idea that some day a single home with many stories might be "too much" for me to manage is deeply unsettling.

One of the hard requirements for my parents' new place was that it had to have the master suite on the ground floor.

My parents getting old was such a weird thing, but my brother and I realized exactly when it happened. I was at his place for New Year's two years ago, and we left to go get some more provisions when I said to him, "man, is it just me, or have our parents gotten old?"

His response was, "I know!"

• Options
    Lalala can't hear you.

ANGELICA.

DO YOU NEED ME TO SPEAK UP,

ANGELICA?

I'm so glad you don't have name changing powers here. If you are the devil can you make sure I go home early today so I can get more sleep for tomorrow's shift?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

People shout whenever you go out?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    My name brings up a pretty smokin' hot bear-type guy who was in the marines.

sadly not me

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Most of the results for my name are a guy who does photography? Actually it's photographs of people going duck hunting in and around Leeds, weird?

Also has my middle initial, which is weird.

I guess JMM is just a really nice set of initials, popular with parents.

Also oh shit my twitter picture shows up as the 12 result on images.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    The vegan last that I share a message with us just odd. She's Jewish, or rather raised Jewish. Her husband's name is Gerald, which was the name of my paternal grandfather. And she's just survived a battle with breast cancer similar to my mind battle.

That's about where e similarities stop though. But still kinda neat.

• Options
    Some really baffling stuff comes up on a Google Image Search of my name. Only one actual picture of me, though, and it's just a thumbnail of my Google account pic.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I don't get anything of me if I google my name so I guess I really am a ghost

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    My first name is rare enough that I hear legends of others. A friend of a friend knew someone with my name once, or someones sister went to school with someone who had my name. Only once in my life have I actually met another, and I told her we should not hands out of fear that universe may explode, to which she agreed it was a reasonable precaution.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i had a v depressive morning thinking about me being a failure who can't get things done and gets overwhelmed by life and gives up in the face of any difficulty

so i ate mcdonalds breakfast and now i feel better

but weh

poo
  • Options
    if you google my name you mostly get a ton of doctors who are not me and i am not a doctor

poo
  • Options
    i had a v depressive morning thinking about me being a failure who can't get things done and gets overwhelmed by life and gives up in the face of any difficulty

so i ate mcdonalds breakfast and now i feel better

but weh

Woof, you gotta be feeling really bad if eating McDonalds improves things!

For real though, sorry you're feeling crummy. I can definitely empathize with those feelings and what I find helpful is to focus on all the stuff you have accomplished, rather than the stuff you haven't. Remind yourself how good it feels to accomplish something. Chase positive feelings instead of running from negative ones.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    i rarely eat mcdonalds but yeah i was just like I WANT THIS EGG MCMUFFIN and i do feel better

yeah for sure

someone in other thread referred me to this: http://lifehacker.com/how-to-overcome-your-quarter-life-crisis-1782670670

is helpful

and yeah, not focusing on the past and all that is correct
    not dwelling on the past and all the times i didn't accomplish things, or time i already wasted, is important, because then that adds to the feeling of being overwhelmed and out of control

my current thing is regarding grad school / careers (which i started applying to in 2011 and 2012 and made some progress and then gave up / was unsure, and then also thought about career changes for a few years and did nothing)
    and now i'm like i should just take the gmat and apply to bschool and see what happens, but i said that months ago and didn't start preparing and now shit it's july and a lot of deadlines are september (and heck i'm not even sure if that's what i want to do)

so i got discouraged, especially in light of past experience, and my struggles with making large life direction decisions

but i just gotta try and do shit and can't worry about being perfect or the time i already wasted, or another few years will pass by and hey i'm almost 30 i can't keep giving up and suddenly be 50 and wonder where all my youth and time went

poo
  • Options
    Apparently today I'm Angela on shift.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Apparently today I'm Angela on shift.

They missed a couple letters eh?

At least all I have to worry about is them adding an extra h. My name ain't John.

Seriously though you should start changing your name a little bit every week just to keep em on their toes.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ainjdgherluiynaehr

This discussion has been closed.