As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this [Love]?

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    They do it for me! I wonder if next week I'll be Angeline. People find it funny that I get so annoyed about others getting my name wrong, but it happens constantly and especially in writing you just have to read carefully. Plus Angelina is the superior option out of all the similar names.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    They do it for me! I wonder if next week I'll be Angeline. People find it funny that I get so annoyed about others getting my name wrong, but it happens constantly and especially in writing you just have to read carefully. Plus Angelina is the superior option out of all the similar names.

This is a common reaction from people who have never encountered the problem of people not being able to handle your name.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Angleena Mistress of All Intersecting Lines.

• Options
    My google first page for my ego search is a fight between me and a guy in the UK who plays guitar.

Not an actual fight, just he and I are both on there in equal measure.

• Options
    "Jun 29 5:55 am

Good morning gorgeous lady hope you are gonna have a great day looking lush babe xxxx now why on earth is a hottie like you single you look stunning sexy lady xxx"

The other nurse in the staff room is probably now confused about the horrified face I just pulled at my phone.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    My google first page for my ego search is a fight between me and a guy in the UK who plays guitar.

You should hit him up on his social medias and challenge him to a Boxing Match.

Two Sarukun's enter, one leaves.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I completely chickened out at that BBQ last weekend and failed to hold a decent conversation with the girl my friend wanted to introduce me to.

I fucking hate having such anxiety around people I don't know well. I do well enough once I know people but I'm fucking awful with first impressions.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Good morning gorgeous lady hope you are gonna have a great day looking lush babe xxxx now why on earth is a hottie like you single you look stunning sexy lady xxx"

The other nurse in the staff room is probably now confused about the horrified face I just pulled at my phone.

Why couldn't they just stop there? They had a not-horrible (not good, not horrible) message, if they had just stopped there. They were so close!

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options

I really do not understand some people.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I completely chickened out at that BBQ last weekend and failed to hold a decent conversation with the girl my friend wanted to introduce me to.

I fucking hate having such anxiety around people I don't know well. I do well enough once I know people but I'm fucking awful with first impressions.

same

poo
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Uriel wrote: »

And I win, I will level up and become the ouzaru.

Edit: should... probably learn how to box first.

sarukun on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

same

I'm really mad at myself about this one.

From the bits of conversation we had we've got similar interests, but I just completely froze up and couldn't build up to anything that would leave a lasting impression.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Ainjdgherluiynaehr

much celtic

very wales

• Options
    Not enough W's to be Welsh.

• Options
    Not enough W's to be Welsh.

give it time

they multiply like bunnies

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Some American kid must have my name, and difficulty remembering what his actual email address is, because every so often he tries to sign up for something with mine.

This now also means I occasionally get emails from Instagram suggesting I check out what "McJuggerNuggets" has been doing.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Some American kid must have my name, and difficulty remembering what his actual email address is, because every so often he tries to sign up for something with mine.

This now also means I occasionally get emails from Instagram suggesting I check out what "McJuggerNuggets" has been doing.

oh god there was some sorority chick in Baltimore who clearly has a name/email address very similar to mine. I'd often get weird mass emails I hadn't sign up for. More hilarious were the times i got included as a cc in drunk party photos. The last incident I had was last year when she used my email to sign up for several realtors in the Baltimore area, looking for apartments. I wrote back to several saying they had the wrong email and should probably call her if poss, and I haven't had a peep since.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

So, gorgeous lady, are you having a great day?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

So, gorgeous lady, are you having a great day?

Ask me this in 25 days and I will have a happy answer for you. 25 tiny days.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm not sure how to parse that message but I think

I think

he's saying he think's you're attractive. I believe he's talking in code tho it's very consfusing

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Cute person is chatting with me via text yesss gonna have a nice date tomorrow lovely

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    I wonder if I could compose a better message.

I mean I typically don't mention the person's appearance at all.

• Options
    Am I a grandpa?

Do people really just go up to other people and just go "Daaaaayum, you foooooooooine, why you so foooooooooine!?"

• Options
    I do not get how people don't understand that the underlying assumption when you message a person is that you think they're cute. Like it's a service where you click on headshots! Of course you think someone is at a minimum kind of cute!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I hope the lady who thinks I look a bit like Jack Davenport messages me back. She looks fun and pretty (which I told her in my message).

• Options
    Am I a grandpa?

Do people really just go up to other people and just go "Daaaaayum, you foooooooooine, why you so foooooooooine!?"

just to my cat but then he know he foine

• Options
    I do not get how people don't understand that the underlying assumption when you message a person is that you think they're cute. Like it's a service where you click on headshots! Of course you think someone is at a minimum kind of cute!

Yeah.

Usually I've focused on interesting bits from their profile and try to avoid talking about myself unless they ask.

My problem isn't not knowing how to speak to people though I think.

I think maybe I have bad pictures?

• Options
    GhotiGhoti Registered User regular
    I actually go by my nickname enough in the corporal denizens that it is pretty interchangeable with my real name. It is always fun talking to someone I have known for a while and they ask "What's your real name again?"

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

A friend in college and I had several ping pong matches to determine who was the true Dave. (Technically him anyway since I go by David rather than Dave (more technically in college I was always called by my last name anyway) )
    I never won. He was allowed to call me Rob for 3 years until he graduated and I got my name back.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

A friend in college and I had several ping pong matches to determine who was the true Dave. (Technically him anyway since I go by David rather than Dave (more technically in college I was always called by my last name anyway) )
    I never won. He was allowed to call me Rob for 3 years until he graduated and I got my name back.

Truly a modern legend.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    i had a v depressive morning thinking about me being a failure who can't get things done and gets overwhelmed by life and gives up in the face of any difficulty

so i ate mcdonalds breakfast and now i feel better

but weh

Man, I shoulda had McDonalds for breakfast

This is why I shortened my name to Ron. Just... I have enough headaches, I don't need other people's crap about my name too.

chromdom on
  • Options

Yeah.

Usually I've focused on interesting bits from their profile and try to avoid talking about myself unless they ask.

It's not ideal but the least you can do is take a bunch of selfies until you get some that look nice. Or have a photoshoot with a roommate!

It's not like you need to be riding a tiger, you just need to give a good idea of what your best look looks like.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    never not calling you angelica now

I'm on the tube before 7am to go to a place I don't want to for 28 and a half hours over the next two days, ensuring that I will be sleep deprived tomorrow. I will happily be Angelica if it means I get to go back to bed. I would make that deal with the devil.

Eliiiiiiiza!

(sorry, Hamilton has forced me into a Pavlovian response whenever I hear the name Angelica now)

• Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    There is a moderately successful motivational speaker with my first and last name.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    There's a dentist with mine. 8-)

• Options
    I feel like a bit of a sad sack

need to pull myself out of this malaise!

• Options

Yeah.

It's not ideal but the least you can do is take a bunch of selfies until you get some that look nice. Or have a photoshoot with a roommate!

It's not like you need to be riding a tiger, you just need to give a good idea of what your best look looks like.

But if you can, do so.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I never did online dating but I don't see how guys think leading with "ur hot we should mash bits lol" is ever, ever going to work. Like you could have gone with "you have a face and we have similar interests, can we get coffee?" and I feel like it would do at least as well.

• Options
    I would respond to that one just to hear their stories of meeting people without faces.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Solar wrote: »
    I hope the lady who thinks I look a bit like Jack Davenport messages me back. She looks fun and pretty (which I told her in my message).

She messaged me back!

this is addiction, isn't it

This discussion has been closed.