As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is this [Love]?

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Should've put that on my business cards!

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Okcupid actually told me who liked me to my e-mail without me paying a dime.

56% match but she's cute and apparently has a dog.

That's all the encouragement I need to go cook lunch for her and pet that dog.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I guess maybe I should look into typing out some messages later today.

The part I am probably worst at.

Actually going by Angelina's experience I'm not bad...

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    So I was helping a friend stuff envelopes for her wedding with my roommate and conversation turned to my dates and she was like "wow it just sounds like it's such a hassle I'm glad I'm not dating!" and I did not say "but dating is fun and getting married seems so far to be a nonstop annoyance".

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Anyone who spends time in this thread and can't put together a halfway decent first message hasn't been paying good attention. Be respectful and personalize it and you'll already stand out from the crowd.

(IMO first messages are easy--it's second messages that scare me).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Anyone who spends time in this thread and can't put together a halfway decent first message hasn't been paying good attention. Be respectful and personalize it and you'll already stand out from the crowd.

(IMO first messages are easy--it's second messages that scare me).

the hilarious thing is all of Angelina's messages would work great on grindr.

• AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    Even this slightly odd one?

"Jun 30 9:22 am

Good day how are you ?. Well of first I would like to meet you and if you hit it off with time to build a relationship do you think ? ^ ^

Jun 30 10:53 am

You know I consider myself a very romantic and sentimental person and hate brats today only will what will i never the cheat to the person i care and i love before i'd tell you that i do not want to suffer in good vain i hope you can answer ^^"

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    The inconsistency between "^ ^" and "^^" is driving me nuts.

Is that second message one of those things where you just keep hitting the middle word suggestion on your phone?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Today in: Ways people can tell you're a software developer...

I really want to know what he wants you to hit off

is he pinned under a critter?

"I will only make relationship with someone who can get me out from under bear ^^"

Magic Pink wrote: »
    "I will only make relationship with someone who can get me out from under bear ^^"

Sounds to me like you've already started making relationship :P

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I might post the messages I get cause I get a different quality if them to be sure. Also basically an essay! Very interesting mind.

The real mind fuck is when there are two parallel standards within the same file and I wake up covered in sweat 30 minutes later.

I can't imagine a world where most of the messages I get are well thought out and pleasant.

"Jun 30 2:11 pm

What's going on

Jun 30 3:23 pm

What's going on???"

Yeps, not happening yet.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »

What's going on

What's going on???"

Yeps, not happening yet.

It took him an hour and twelve minutes to find the question mark key?

What's going on

What's going on???"

Yeps, not happening yet.

And I say

HEEEEE-EEEEEEE-EEEEEEE-EEEEEEEY!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

What's going on

What's going on???"

Yeps, not happening yet.

And I say

Fucking hell I was just typing this

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

The real mind fuck is when there are two parallel standards within the same file and I wake up covered in sweat 30 minutes later.

Tabs or spaces?

Blake T wrote: »

Tabs or spaces?

I use tabs but really you should just have a script that does a find replace to whatever you want on checkout, and back to whatever is 'standard' at your workplace before committing.

I don't put spaces inbetween my ifs and ( though because I'm a dirty fucking heathen.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I feel kind of burned out on dating itself. Like I look at OKC profiles and some of them seem like really cool people! But then I just think "Ugh, I bet you would want me to talk. About my life. Grooooooosssssssss."

Butler wrote: »
    I feel kind of burned out on dating itself. Like I look at OKC profiles and some of them seem like really cool people! But then I just think "Ugh, I bet you would want me to talk. About my life. Grooooooosssssssss."

Nothing wrong with taking a break. Sometimes you just gotta focus on yourself for a while.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I go through waves and cycles of online dating

Leave your profile up, maybe someone interesting will message you

But take a break, go work on you, and come back refreshed

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

What's going on

What's going on???"

Yeps, not happening yet.

And I say

See, and my first thought was Marvin Gaye. "Ah, what's going on?"

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

What's going on

What's going on???"

Yeps, not happening yet.

And I say

Now I gotta go listen to this. Thanks.

THANKS.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Got a fever. Fuck you, viruses. You better leave my body before my cocktail night or so help me God in gonna drink you all away with neat whisky.

Fuck off and die.
    Juggernut wrote: »

What's going on

What's going on???"

Yeps, not happening yet.

And I say

THANKS.

Is it not constantly playing in your head?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Juggernut wrote: »

What's going on

What's going on???"

Yeps, not happening yet.

And I say

THANKS.

Is it not constantly playing in your head?

I mean, it is now, you criminal

Look, once you're on my level it will no longer bother you, much like how you don't notice the sound of blood coursing through the vessels in your ear.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Look, once you're on my level it will no longer bother you, much like how you don't notice the sound of blood coursing through the vessels in your ear.

I am going to hunt you down and give you tinnitus

Straightzi wrote: »

I have tinnitus. Have since I was a little boy.

It is truly awful. Plus no one believes you about it usually.

Also I am sitting here browsing profiles now.

A lady messaged me last night in the middle of editing stuff, maybe I should respond later today?

Also one lady visited my profile who sent me a message apparently back in like, early 2015? That's odd, maybe I will message her back finally, hopefully she will understand life can be a bit of a roller coaster sometimes.

I have occasional bouts of tinnitus from various concerts, it's pretty terrible

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

meep mawp

edited June 2016
    Oddly enough loud music doesn't seem to aggravate mine too badly.

Despite me sometimes blasting metal into my ears with a headphone amp!

I have been being more careful about it lately though.

Tallahasseeriel on
    Considering how passionate I am about music and audio production, damage to my hearing would be, like, the worst thing. I think I'd honestly prefer to go blind before I went deaf.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

I have tinnitus. Have since I was a little boy.

It is truly awful. Plus no one believes you about it usually.

Also I am sitting here browsing profiles now.

A lady messaged me last night in the middle of editing stuff, maybe I should respond later today?

Also one lady visited my profile who sent me a message apparently back in like, early 2015? That's odd, maybe I will message her back finally, hopefully she will understand life can be a bit of a roller coaster sometimes.

If the message was neat, and the person who sent it seems like a cutie, definitely message back!

Also anyone interested in you is probably going to be understanding!

This isn't a crowd of random people, it's people who think you're neat enough to contact.

Alllso I spent my lunch hour at my apartment cleaning up nervously so that it'll be decent for the date tonight. I'm so nervous I can feel my limbs going wobbly while I sit at my desk.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Ah well this particular person didn't leave a long message, and they don't seem to be looking for the same thing as me given some stuff on their profile.

So eh on that one, might not go anywhere.

The 2015 lady did the same thing and has a less sparse profile, with more neat stuff in it about how she likes to fish and stuff. She also has a radical museum plane behind her in her photo... I'm trying to settle on one thing to ask her about?

If someone sent you a message, I wouldn't dismiss them entirely based on their profile. I mean, if you don't like them at all, whatever, no need to respond, but if it's just a few little things, I'd still respond. There's tons of shit on my profile I may not longer agree with; I've had this thing for like eight years now.

But I don't know, it really depends on the specifics of what turned you off of them there.

This discussion has been closed.