As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sick Tat, Brah

19495969798100»

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I have no real experience with tattoos, so I've no idea how feasible it might be and it might look dumb, but this just crossed my mind. Instead of an arrow point a stylised Voyager probe?

edit: I should also read more before posting.

honovere on
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I have no real experience with tattoos, so I've no idea how feasible it might be and it might look dumb, but this just crossed my mind. Instead of an arrow point a stylised Voyager probe?

Haha I actually love that idea. Would be a fun way to time stamp the tattoo, too. "He must have gotten this after 2012 at least"

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    that's a lovely sleeve design. like ahava said, kinda mystical, and i would even suggest, reminiscent of tarot art -- which i think is a positive.

also, a syzygy!

i've considered getting similar, but my love of spacey things is very much dabbler level.. though that's also just me being self-conscious.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    pooka wrote: »
    that's a lovely sleeve design. like ahava said, kinda mystical, and i would even suggest, reminiscent of tarot art -- which i think is a positive.

also, a syzygy!

i've considered getting similar, but my love of spacey things is very much dabbler level.. though that's also just me being self-conscious.

Thanks, I'm pretty excited to get it tonight.
    And hey, don't let that stop you! I would consider my love a similar level. It's a subject that always fascinated me and, as a kid, my "what do you want to be" was "astronaut" but other than that, I only read articles on the subject from time to time. It's more the mystery of it that holds the allure for me.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    it's a family nerdism. my parents called me a week or three ago while watching the ISS go overhead from the park near their apartment. they then used their tablet's skywatching app once the trees obscured it.

and yeah, the mystery and wonder is a huge hook. an embodiment of possibility.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    pooka wrote: »
    it's a family nerdism. my parents called me a week or three ago while watching the ISS go overhead from the park near their apartment. they then used their tablet's skywatching app once the trees obscured it.

and yeah, the mystery and wonder is a huge hook. an embodiment of possibility.

I used to go outside with my grandfather when I was a kid and watch the stars. We lived out in the country so they were amazingly vibrant. My fondest childhood memories.
    Now I like to go out there to watch them and I think, "maybe he's out there somewhere."

vamen on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I hadn't really thought about it before but that pioneer pulsar map plaque would make a pretty fuckin dope shoulder piece.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Peen wrote: »
    I hadn't really thought about it before but that pioneer pulsar map plaque would make a pretty fuckin dope shoulder piece.

And, if you're ever abducted by aliens and then rescued by other aliens, it's like having your home address right there. Just got to figure out how to say "Return to sender" in helpful alien speak.

see317 on
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »

edit: I should also read more before posting.

Was having trouble with a design for Voyager that wasn't too busy but still sold the idea of what it was. How about:
    RHwjS8k.jpg

This discussion has been closed.