As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this [Love]?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Straightzi wrote: »
    If someone sent you a message, I wouldn't dismiss them entirely based on their profile. I mean, if you don't like them at all, whatever, no need to respond, but if it's just a few little things, I'd still respond. There's tons of shit on my profile I may not longer agree with; I've had this thing for like eight years now.

But I don't know, it really depends on the specifics of what turned you off of them there.

Ah yeah I figure I could see if talking goes anywhere but she doesn't have a lot of info to go on and also specifies the kind of guy she is looking for and I kinda don't think I match up?

She's looking for someone who is Employed and really sure of what the want in life and ready to settle down for sure. That just ain't me right now.

Alright though, here is keeping my fingers crossed about this message I'm about to send the other lady.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    If someone sent you a message, I wouldn't dismiss them entirely based on their profile. I mean, if you don't like them at all, whatever, no need to respond, but if it's just a few little things, I'd still respond. There's tons of shit on my profile I may not longer agree with; I've had this thing for like eight years now.

But I don't know, it really depends on the specifics of what turned you off of them there.

Ah yeah I figure I could see if talking goes anywhere but she doesn't have a lot of info to go on and also specifies the kind of guy she is looking for and I kinda don't think I match up?

She's looking for someone who is Employed and really sure of what the want in life and ready to settle down for sure. That just ain't me right now.

Alright though, here is keeping my fingers crossed about this message I'm about to send the other lady.

Ah, yeah, I get ya

I guess the thing I was trying to say is, well, if she messaged you, then she thinks you fit her criteria

In this case, it seems like she might be mistaken about you, and that's fine, you don't need to do anything about that

I just wanted to make sure you weren't counting yourself out

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    how do you love

• Options
    Yeah I have a bad habit of doing that I guess!

Thanks.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    how do you love

Hey bro!

What's your love style?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    how do you love

Hey bro!

What's your love style?

Tiger Crane

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    how do you love

Hey bro!

What's your love style?

Tiger Crane

The Black Rose

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    how do you love

You just put your lips together and-
    er, no that another thing.

Although...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    how do you love

Hey bro!

What's your love style?

Mumble Quietly

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    how do you love

first, you'll want to burrow under various plants to eat the tender root systems. If you find any nuts or fruits, they're acceptable too. Watch out for owls, hawks, weasles, foxes, and the like.

You'll want to look for some dense grasslands to make your home.

good luck!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Oh man there's some cuties here so I'm sitting in a cool pose but my foot is starting to go to sleep.

I don't know how much longer I can maintain!

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Oh man there's some cuties here so I'm sitting in a cool pose but my foot is starting to go to sleep.

I don't know how much longer I can maintain!

Or worse, you'll have to get up to use the bathroom and everyone will see you awkwardly hobble out on a dead leg.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    This is my life now.

Forever stuck on this couch, posing like a fly hombre.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Hey, love thread: I love lamp.

I just moved into a new place, and while moving in I obtained a much larger computer desk than I had previously. So now I'm looking to decorate it with a sweet-ass lamp. But I don't wanna just go to Wal-Mart and grab whatever shitty thing they have on the shelf, I'd rather get something with a little interest to it.

At this point, I'm considering having a custom-printed lampshade with one of my favorite quotes on it, but I'm also curious about lamps that are oddly-shaped, or otherwise interesting. Suggestions?

This didn't seem big enough to warrant its own H+A thread, and then I remembered the Brick Tamland quote, so here we are.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    WACriminal wrote: »

I just moved into a new place, and while moving in I obtained a much larger computer desk than I had previously. So now I'm looking to decorate it with a sweet-ass lamp. But I don't wanna just go to Wal-Mart and grab whatever shitty thing they have on the shelf, I'd rather get something with a little interest to it.

At this point, I'm considering having a custom-printed lampshade with one of my favorite quotes on it, but I'm also curious about lamps that are oddly-shaped, or otherwise interesting. Suggestions?

This didn't seem big enough to warrant its own H+A thread, and then I remembered the Brick Tamland quote, so here we are.

Get a lamp that looks like the lamp from The Brave Little Toaster. Or the Pixar lamp.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »

go to some sort of thrift store or antique store.

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    10 shifts left. Tomorrow is my last grocery delivery at this address and it becomes the month I'm moving. It's finally within sight!
    10 shifts and a day with the dementia assessment team because I contacted them and arranged to spend a day with them despite it being my day off placement. I'm the best nursing student ever and deserve an award.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    So, I called my mom to officially tell her about the engagement, since she "doesn't use facebook" and was apparently offended that I didn't tell her directly. It was not a pleasant conversation, but I guess it's good it's over with.

The call consisted of:
    - I don't call her enough
    - I should have told her about the engagement and why didn't I
    - She's disappointed in what I told her about my fiancee
    - It was "hysterical" for me to make a joke about her disowning me in that email I sent to her about me voting for Hillary
    - lynchings don't happen in this country any more (when I told her what I consider probable results of a Trump presidency)
    - Old religious white people are the only ones really in danger
    - Even though I'm not inviting anyone to my wedding, it's wrong for me not to invite my parents.

Uuuuuugh. At least it's over with.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    how do you love

Hey bro!

What's your love style?

Single Point Shining Into The Void in the streets, Dreaming Pearl Courtesan in the sheets

and with that, my nerdiest and most obscure references ever on these forums!

Solar on
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    So, I called my mom to officially tell her about the engagement, since she "doesn't use facebook" and was apparently offended that I didn't tell her directly. It was not a pleasant conversation, but I guess it's good it's over with.

The call consisted of:
    - I don't call her enough
    - I should have told her about the engagement and why didn't I
    - She's disappointed in what I told her about my fiancee
    - It was "hysterical" for me to make a joke about her disowning me in that email I sent to her about me voting for Hillary
    - lynchings don't happen in this country any more (when I told her what I consider probable results of a Trump presidency)
    - Old religious white people are the only ones really in danger
    - Even though I'm not inviting anyone to my wedding, it's wrong for me not to invite my parents.

Uuuuuugh. At least it's over with.

Fascinating how much she had to say about how one of the most important moments in your life affects her. I'm real sorry you had to deal with all that. I'm going to be extra happy for you now just because of her.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

She's looking for someone who is ... really sure of what the want in life

good fucking luck with that

broken image link
  • Options
    I haven't spoken to lady at work but I think I am going to have to

It feels more and more like there's this unspoken thing between us. She hugs me. It's too lingering to just be anything else.

I dunno if I am getting messed around, or whether she has no idea what she's doing, or whether I want to go after anything. It feels wrong; I asked, she said she didn't want to go out. But then this?

It doesn't worry me, it's just a thing. Hey, at least I have a romantic life of sorts! I'm not dead!

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    I haven't spoken to lady at work but I think I am going to have to

It feels more and more like there's this unspoken thing between us. She hugs me. It's too lingering to just be anything else.

I dunno if I am getting messed around, or whether she has no idea what she's doing, or whether I want to go after anything. It feels wrong; I asked, she said she didn't want to go out. But then this?

It doesn't worry me, it's just a thing. Hey, at least I have a romantic life of sorts! I'm not dead!

Yeah, even if it is just you making too much of it, you gotta lay that out because it's not fair to you to have to deal with that. And likewise it's only fair to her that you say something, because maybe she doesn't realize she's kind of sort of leading you on.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I thought I was imagining things

couple of my female friends (who I tend to think have a better idea about these kinds of things) at work said something to me though and were like "don't get messed around" and I guess I should have a think on it

I don't think I'm getting deliberately messed around though? And like I said I'm not really worried by it. But I do think to myself, if I started dating someone else, would they be comfortable with me being like this with her? To which I thought, well, maybe probably not you know?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I tend to not assume malice.
    So I'd go for not being "messed around".
    More like, she is being bad at keeping it platonic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    People don't usually intend to mess people around, but when you look at it objectively it can easily be.

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    Projeck wrote: »
    LOVE CAN BE SO UNPREDICTABLE

TODAY I ATE LOVE POTION IN THE FORM OF STRAWBERRY WAFFLES DIED PINK

I'M PRETTY SURE IT WORKED! ! !

i ate doughnuts for lunch

they made me fall (more) in love with doughnuts

doughnuts!! how could i love doughnuts any more than i already do

i baked a cake shaped like lightning mcqueen, i wish it had been a lightning mcqueen donut instead tho

• Options
    It doesn't matter if you're being messed around or not though. Her behavior is making you uncomfortable (at least enough so to mention it here a couple of times, which is plenty). You owe it to both of you to address that. It will give you peace of mind and can possibly even curtail things eventually getting awkward between you two, which is important since you work together a bunch.

You're clearly both attracted to one-another and even if you both intellectually want to keep things platonic, that sort of thing can mess with your interactions if you aren't up-front and honest with each other about it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    how do you love

Hey bro!

What's your love style?

my love style determines my death style

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    my love style is 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC

my love style is TIGER

my love style is DISTANT but SENSUAL

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Projeck wrote: »
    my love style is 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC

my love style is TIGER

my love style is DISTANT but SENSUAL

But is it locally sourced and sustainable?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    my love is FLOURIDE FREE, FARM RAISED, LOCAL, 5 STAR and 1 of a KIND

• Options
    My love is Enchilada style.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    My love is like Venus.

Ain't nobody there. Ain't gonna be, neither.

• Options
    ARTISAN CRAFTED LOVE STYLES

2 for 1SPECIAL

• Options
    Love style: bespoke

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    @Liiya saw this on my facebook today, and thought about you! https://at.govt.nz/cycling

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    edit: nahhh

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular

She's looking for someone who is ... really sure of what the want in life

good fucking luck with that

I'm really sure that I want tacos in my life.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    My love is like a Braille copy of a Joel Osteen book -- highly accessible, but still undesirable.

This discussion has been closed.