As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Airbender/Korra] Two More Seasons of the Live-Action Thing, I Guess

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Also, when Roku is showing Aang his death in the first series, it goes from Roku dying straight to Aang's birth.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Honestly, I think the only satisfactory answer to whether all of the Avatars are different people or the same person is, "Yes and No". To treat Korra (or any other Avatar) as if she is just Aang/Roku/Kiyoshi in a new body is a bit demeaning, because although there is an element of truth to that, it doesn't really capture the full picture of who Korra is, what experiences Korra has had, her achievements and her shortcomings.

But, I am not an expert on Eastern philosophy so feel free to tear me a new one.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I think each Dalai Lama is supposed to incarnate a common source-bodhisattva? It's been a while.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Yes that is the case. But at the same time, each time they are learning anew. The experiences of each Dalai Lama are treated as new.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The good news: there's finally a bit off actual, official Korra merch! You can actually spend money and get Korra goodness!

The bad news: it's this.

qso0ixbssokfvgjsxrql.jpg

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    GOD DAMMIT CLOUDEAGLE

I thought I would finally have my Toph figurine

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    How is that bad news cloudeagle it's a cute af nendoroid you philistine

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I mean, yay for people wanting a chibi-ized version and such. But it seems odd we're getting that before a Korra with a normal-sized head.

And it's from Good Smile, of all people. I don't think Korra (or even Avatar) got a Japanese release. Such a weird curveball.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    It's cute, but I'd rather have a figma version.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I saw some fanart where Korra was Zarya from Overwatch and Asami was Pharah I think. I don't have it on me to post, though, but you should know it's out there.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I mean, yay for people wanting a chibi-ized version and such. But it seems odd we're getting that before a Korra with a normal-sized head.

And it's from Good Smile, of all people. I don't think Korra (or even Avatar) got a Japanese release. Such a weird curveball.

Eh, Good Smile does whatever. I don't usually get em unless the character suits being chibi. Wind Waker Link is amazing. Kirby looks good too. And then theres stuff that's a major tonal clash like Venom Snake from MGSV in cute form, where I'm tempted by how weird it is.

Much rather have a regular proportion figma, but I'll take what we get. Better than nothing!

Oh brilliant
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Now it being made by Funkopop would be bad news.

So hey y'all Avatar is a pretty good series you should check it out if you haven't.

Do you guys remember that one season of Korra where she got a fun sporty haircut? That was cool.

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I'd consider a Lin figurine. Not a chibi one though.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    It doesn't look that much like the aliens in the movie.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    It doesn't look that much like the aliens in the movie.

Off with his head.

H9f4bVe.png
    I'm inspired for a rewatch, I wish The Last Airbender was HD. It's so hard to watch that tiny old standard definition, but I will endure.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I'm inspired for a rewatch, I wish The Last Airbender was HD. It's so hard to watch that tiny old standard definition, but I will endure.

I bought the dvd set and am mid rewatch. It's not too bad.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    P sure everyone is pulling it out for a rewatch thanks to @cloudeagle

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I'm just upset it isn't free to stream with Amazon prime anymore. Neither is the last season of Korra. I was looking them up because I was in need of cartoons to watch every Saturday morning.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    People act like physical media is on its way out but physically owning it means you can watch it whenever you want.

(I have all 4 seasons on Blu-Ray.)

DarkPrimus on
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    People act like physical media is on its way out but physically owning it means you can watch it whenever you want.

Oh I have no problem with physical media, prefer it actually (and have an overflowing DVD/Blu-Ray cabinet to prove it). I just also like it when I can watch shows that I don't have on DVD through one of my streaming service. I mean they have to pay for themselves somehow.

I have all four seasons online because suck it physical media.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Well in reference to it dropping from Prime it's a false dichotomy. As Quid pointed out, if you bought the episodes you could watch it whenever you want as well.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I have I think 2 or 3 seasons downloaded on iTunes. So there is a happy medium.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

I buy hardcovers of the books that I really, really love, and expect that I'll still want to reread in twenty years. Beyond that, it's digital all of the way. It's cheaper, it's more convenient, and it doesn't create piles around the house that make me look like an early stage hoarder.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Cloud eagle is secretly M. Night?

• see317see317 Registered User regular

Cloud eagle is secretly M. Night?

What a tweest!

Shadowhope wrote: »

I buy hardcovers of the books that I really, really love, and expect that I'll still want to reread in twenty years. Beyond that, it's digital all of the way. It's cheaper, it's more convenient, and it doesn't create piles around the house that make me look like an early stage hoarder.

It's not hoarding if it's books!

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

-looks around at room with more books by volume than everything else combined-

I'm not so sure.....

• DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I'm just upset it isn't free to stream with Amazon prime anymore. Neither is the last season of Korra. I was looking them up because I was in need of cartoons to watch every Saturday morning.

Is this a region thing? AFAI can tell all of air bender and the first three seasons of Korra are on prime still, same as ever.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    DVG wrote: »

Is this a region thing? AFAI can tell all of air bender and the first three seasons of Korra are on prime still, same as ever.
    I live in the US and only see the first three seasons of TLA in the "Included with Prime" section.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    DVG wrote: »

My bad, your right. I was looking at the Amazon video app and TLA just didn't have the "prime" ribbon like free shows usually do. When I clicked on it it showed as prime though. So everything but the last season if Korra in free.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Yeah, then it's tsundoku

Yeah, then it's tsundoku

That's only if you haven't read them.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

Yeah, then it's tsundoku

That's only if you haven't read them.

I don't so see what's so controversial about it. They're physical media like everything else.

Fuck books.

*points an accusing finger from atop his medium-sized stack of books, manga, art books and magazines he dragged with him when he moved to the United States*

Synthesis on
    Don't fuck books.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fuck some books.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Fuck some books.

But use protection.
    Paper cuts: not fun.