As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Coming September 20, 2016!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    He is the metaphorical burger and caught his enemy unaware but the enemy didnt die from his attack and turns the table on him. (eventually?)

Also, apparently you can just barely survive a sticky grenade stuck on your neck if you have an overshield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPnn7zb4A0U

Sirialis on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I would like it if they made shotguns a bit more consistent

Or didnt balance them off improved sliding, blinking hunters with max agility and fast swap.
    Dear Lords of Iron:

Please for the fucking love of all drop me a decent light level ghost on any of my characters.

I'm 330-335 in every slot on all 3 characters except ghosts.

I don't have a single ghost over 320.

Every time a ghost drops for someone else I die a little. I mean, I love the infusion fodder for stuff, and I love that I've been able to get such high light level almost solely from IB's since the april update.

But good lord my ghosts. WTT a dozen breitomarts stands for a single ghost.

Your best bet is probably Challenge of Elders, I've gotten a lot of ghosts from there.

Yeah, I actually have yet to do that. My friends list tends to be offline a lot, or at least not in Destiny, these days. :(

And I just haven't been assed to LFG it.

I did get a 334 last night from IB so I'll take it. It'll be passed between my characters for the time being to keep their lights up but still nice to have something.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Tonight's IB was mostly full of laggy buttholes, even had a match where the entire enemy team save for one guy were yellow or redbar. Couple that with the still insane aim assist on snipers and it wasn't exactly fun. Still, good loot drops tonight all around.

The last two games I forgot how to play Destiny

my b

pretty fun though, I'm so close to 5

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Some of these pubs in Iron Babar make me want to chew my arm off.

Playing on black shield. Have the inside locked down, built up a 2000ish point lead and then enemy team manages to super us out of there. Pubs just refuse to push inside. I clear it out maybe 4-5 times and nobody comes in, they just stand outside next to the doors.

Part of me wanted to jump into team chat and ask if they needed a fucking written invitation.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    My Titan is 335 now. I think that means I'm done. Had some great games with you guys last night.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I've picked up 8 LL so far this IB. Up to 327.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Turned in all the weekly bounties and ended up with Warlock boots, a Nirwens (meh) and a Weylorans (YUSSSSS).

Been kicking myself for not buying the last vendor one, so I'm happy about that. Came with Army of one | Quickdraw/Snapshot/oiled frame | Mulligan... soooooo it's ok? I don't snipe much, so I dunno. Someone tell me it's good!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Also ended up buying the vendor Colovance and getting another right after... now I dunno which to use.

Who's next | Ex rounds/Casket mag/smallbore | Hidden Hand

Life support | Ex rounds/feather mag/smallbore | Reactive reload

I think the second one, but I do like Hidden Hand....

Neither has sights that are anything to right home about, but they're all good enough. (Man I love holo sights)

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    That first roll is dreamy.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I haven't played a single match of IB, heh. Got busy with events in other games, Halo 5 dropped Warzone Firefight, and I was up at my family's camp this weekend as well. I've still got a completed weekly from the last IB to turn in, but I don't think I'll get around to it, not all that concerned about the gear available this time.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I haven't played a single match of IB, heh. Got busy with events in other games, Halo 5 dropped Warzone Firefight, and I was up at my family's camp this weekend as well. I've still got a completed weekly from the last IB to turn in, but I don't think I'll get around to it, not all that concerned about the gear available this time.

Are we friends on Xbone yet? I'm down for some Halo 5.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    We had some good matches on Firebase Delphi (definitely not my favorite match for callouts) but did not make it to the Lighthouse today.

We had one moment that was pretty funny to me, I get ressed and I'm about to activate my super, Arteen goes SIRI NOOO!!! THERE'S A TETHER UP!!! (Its barely not able to hit me in this spot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qF3IkeWtuI

I kill the last guy and Arteen is like "Oh? Never mind" then the enemy warlock self res in the middle of me still hammering and the guy is fucking standing exactly where I'm still already throwing hammers at and that warlock is like "SELF-RESURRECTION BITCHE- oh shit, is that Titan asshole still throwing fucking hammers?" And instantly dies.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I also bit the bullet and decided to give up the safety of the magnetic void grenade and start working on learning the supression grenade.

The first time I shut down a stormcaller's super and then killed him was a pretty amazingly fun time.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    cB557cB557
    gives Entaru his Fun Police badge

voOOP Registered User regular
    gives Entaru his Fun Police badge

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Once I get my heavy kills done, I have taken to super-denying the other team full scumbag

Often my pub teammates will repay this favor by grabbing heavy well before my fireteam are close enough to benefit

pugs, man

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Wooo 18:2 9.0kdr IB game and two motes!

I mean, I deserve it for the .34 kdr game earlier where I got the only legendary in the team, but still. :lol:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Big thanks to everyone who let me tag along for IB tonight! End result of this weekend was a jump from light 326 up to 330, including a 335 machine gun! Once I went back into the solo queue, I was back to putting out some pretty insane numbers, proving that I'm in the Upper Tier of the Bozo League at least. While I was looking for the screenshot from that match, I also found in my screenshot folder a series of inexplicable 15 minute videos of my Titan, who I haven't played since December, idling on Mars while I was clearly AFK. So, uh, glad I found that and cleared it off my hard drive.

My 320 ghost is now my only gear below 330, so maybe I'll try to drum up a CoE run or two tomorrow.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Shout out to the PS4 crew for some great matches last night!

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I should quite like it if you wouldn't get stuck on bits of the map.

Like door frames, or random bits of cloth that stick out along the edge of a box.

By all means, give things a bump ala real life if my shoulder brushes door frame but stopping dead is some garbo

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    /me gives Entaru his Fun Police badge

*clang*

Yeah, about that. No hammers for you.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    @Khraul @Muffinatron @IDDQD @Decatus @DevoutlyApathetic

I know someone mentioned they were going to make a the100 group for picking up that raid again. Is there still interest in finishing that up tonight?

• Options
    For all my talk about my love of the IB scout I ended up infusing it into my MIDA.

At the end of the day all hidden hand does is get the AA up closer to MIDA's base and there's nothing that can compare to the MIDA's sheer ability to also be mid range and semi-auto. Is ttk slower? Yeah but it's a ton more forgiving.

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    An EX Rounds Colovance's Duty will also be more punishing, as both hits will flinch your target.

• Options
    Booker wrote: »
    An EX Rounds Colovance's Duty will also be more punishing, as both hits will flinch your target.

So the 335 covalence I had drop yesterday with explosive rounds, triple tap and third eye... Infusion fodder or worth keeping around?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Booker wrote: »

Oh I agree and if another drops with ex rounds then I'll try and keep it around but I had a choice with my limited play time and resources to keep the more specialized weapon at 333 or to infuse up my generalist jack of all trades weapon and the second won out for where I am.

I don't play enough to have a lot of infusion fodder to support more than a gun or two and the MIDA made more sense.

If IB was always on I might have made a different choice.

edit: I also do really well with the speed of the MIDA. That made the choice easier too.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Ive really been loving my colovance

Hot swap, explosive rounds, hidden hand
    The hot swap has been pairing well with a fine chianti and a plan c

Also

Hnnnngggg
    http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/destinyhunter
    ?format=1500w

Theres also a warlock
    http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/destinywarlock

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Also to be clear: The colovance is a prime gun and I still love it.

I just had to infuse it into the MIDA for practical reasons.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

I know someone mentioned they were going to make a the100 group for picking up that raid again. Is there still interest in finishing that up tonight?

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/689444

I can step out for someone to do this or whatever. Also if the time is terrible let me know. I'd rather have it like....2-3 hours later, but what can you do.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Radiation wrote: »

I can step out for someone to do this or whatever. Also if the time is terrible let me know. I'd rather have it like....2-3 hours later, but what can you do.

You can take my spot. I need to catch up on sleep. I'd probably crap the bed with tired mistakes if I ran tonight.

• Options
    edited July 2016

I'm back to work today, so I won't be able to make it.

Also, I had time yesterday for a couple of rounds... the new Colovance's are both excellent. Ex rounds is maybe my favorite weapon perks. I snagged a couple of kills because I could see a foot to shoot at through an archway and the explosive rounds polished off enemies that thought they were in cover. :twisted:

Also, having started to play my Warlock a bit more... Singer with Sunbreakers is great. Just grenades and area denial for days, and flame shield is soooooo good.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod

I'm sorry for missing the raid the other day but I can definitely finish it off tonight. I forgot about a party that my wife had signed us up for attending. It was one of her former coworker's 75th birthday party on Saturday night.

So, I'm really sorry for flaking out on Saturday but I will definitely be on for tonight.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    On the topic of scout rifles. Until a couple months ago, I was one of the seven people on the planet who had a Windows Phone and liked it. It worked well and did everything I needed it to do.

I kind of feel like The Inward Lamp is the Windows Phone of scout rifles/Destiny. I love it to death and never, ever see anyone using it. I do better with it than MIDA or the higher impact scouts by far.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Posted in the XBL thread but I figured some people here might be interested
    Elite controller for $120 on Amazon today

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    On the topic of scout rifles. Until a couple months ago, I was one of the seven people on the planet who had a Windows Phone and liked it. It worked well and did everything I needed it to do.

I kind of feel like The Inward Lamp is the Windows Phone of scout rifles/Destiny. I love it to death and never, ever see anyone using it. I do better with it than MIDA or the higher impact scouts by far.

It's absolutely a good rifle and fun to use, especially the Full Auto/High Stability one. But in both PvE and PvP there are statistically better ones to use. Colovance's I think has the highest Impact and can one shot acolytes in the HM raid. I want to say a Full Auto Treads Upon Stars would out perform the Lamp as well. That being said, just use what works for you or you like.

• Options

It's the same archtype as the Dis-47 and that's pretty popular isn't it?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Ive really been loving my colovance

Hot swap, explosive rounds, hidden hand
    The hot swap has been pairing well with a fine chianti and a plan c

Also

Hnnnngggg
    http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/destinyhunter
    *hunter pic*

Theres also a warlock
    http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/destinywarlock

Well that's disappointing, I was really looking forward to the Hunter since that's my favorite class, but the only option is female? Why didn't they do a male and female variant for each class?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    That being said, just use what works for you or you like.

Watch out now, you'll get the Booker police coming for ya saying something like that!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    AIRHORN!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Entaru wrote: »

It's the same archtype as the Dis-47 and that's pretty popular isn't it?

SUROS DIS-47 (Gunsmith), The Inward Lamp (Trials of Osiris), NL Shadow 701X (Crucible Drop) are all the same archetype.

I got wrecked by a couple of guys using a Lamp the other day... I hardly see anyone using one, but I kinda wish I had one after those matches.

Edit - If you're looking for a scout in that type, the DIS-47 is a great pick actually... it's very similar to the Lamp statwise, with lower reload speed but higher AA. Very similar range and stability.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6