As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

World Naked [chat] Ride

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I think I bought, like, 60 games this sale.

most of them exceedingly cheap. like, 10% off at least!

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm still fascinated by the pics of Michael Gove absorbing water with his human lips.

8XvTRC2.gif

sig.gif
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    hahaha these ed miliband memes from over a year ago are killing me.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ugh having my one social anxiety moment. I just don't want to go to a party my friend invited me yesterday. I have been out for multiple days straight. I just want to vidya and rest. So I am going to think them for inviting me and stay home but I feel guilty.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

So, going through another Mass Effect playthrough, and I just picked up Liara. With age and perpspective I can now clearly see why my younger self zeroed in on those lovely blues. It's so blatant that I'm not sure how I didn't see it before; I can see clearly now. How could I be so easily manipulated? It's embarrassing, I tell you what.

Her whole "tee hee I'm 200~ I'm barely legal~" (or however old she was) was a little hammy as the game served her up on a platter.

But I guess in later games her whole
    becoming the Kingpin thing
    is some sort of character development? They clearly moved her away from the doe-eyed ingenue angle.

I just started again on Xbone with BC and kind of wish I had gone male instead to go romance up Ashley just to compare.

Kasumi only true mass effect waifu she is just too pure to be romanced

@Jacobkosh @Shivahn @credeiki @desc @Elki

I have written goddamn essays on this subject. I played through the series for the first time a few years ago, so it was super clear to me that Liara was hyper nerd bait that doesn't exist in real life, usually. It was very interesting to see how she changed in later games, as the relationship became less "oh hi I'm a bisexual nerd virgin who's never been into anyone until I met you, hot stuff" and more "holy shit we have some emotional trauma we have to work through, we can't be a thing right now because of it, but I still care about you."

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Happy Independence Day, my fellow Americans as well as filthy foreigners. Today I would like to celebrate the real hero of independence.

General Benedict Arnold.

Without General Arnold, we Americans would be tipping our hat to the Queen and speaking British to this day. No better than the Canadians. Arnold was the finest officer of the war. You might've heard about less important people trumped up in modern history textbooks, like George Washington. A fat man who had to have the western hemisphere's finest city burned down after showing incompetence in a series of local battles, only managed to get his first victory (Trenton) by murdering drunk sleepers in a Christmas night raid, and starved his soldiers at Valley Forge because of his total apathy with respect to logistics and organization. Washington's "greatest" and most famous victory was at Yorktown, an operation consisting of half French soldiers, French commanders, American troops participating only because they were paid by French money, and only set in stage because of a French naval operation.

But where did those Frenchmen come from, why did they help us? Let's go back a few years. The British were planning a three pronged attack through New York, then as now the most important state of the Union. The idea was that if New York was captured, New England would be separated from the Mid-Atlantic and South, splitting up American resources in a proto-Anaconda Plan. Benedict Arnold had been frequently passed over for promotion for political reasons (compare with Washington, an untalented man who received promotions despite lacking any kind of skill), and so despite being involved in the defense from the Brit's northern thrust (British General Burgoyne's march from Montreal to Albany) he wasn't the commander. He ended up being totally sidelined by General Horatio Gates, leader of the local American forces. Despite being forced out of the command structure, he decided enough was enough. He was going to win the goddamn war if he had to do it himself. And so he did--in a battle just outside modern day Stillwater, New York, General Arnold decided to lead the charge against British forces. He won a brave victory against thousands of Lobsterbacks, tragically getting wounded in the fighting. But the stage was set. This great victory culminating the Saratoga Campaign led to the surrender of Burgoyne's army, and proved to the powerful French that those little colonial rebels had some massive balls. The French got themselves involved in the war, bailed out Washington who was well over his head, and so Arnold effectively birthed the United States of America. Arnold was also involved with some other military actions later on, like the heroic and successful raid of the enemy occupied Fort Griswold, but those are of less importance.

In a local park, we have the only American monument of this forgotten hero, known colloquially as "The Boot":

H09OqZxl.jpg

Unfortunately, it does not name this founding father of the American nation. That part of the inscription was etched away by time, no doubt, they assuredly wouldn't leave that out. We also have another monument, featuring four officers of the Saratoga Campaign.

z4PLIYYl.jpg

Each side of the obelisk is dedicated to one officer. The south facing side, gazing towards the battlefields themselves, was meant to be for General Arnold. His statue is not located in the niche, however.

QLGZt70l.jpg

Legend has it that the reason the statue does not reside in the niche is because it's out heroically fighting for the cause of freedom even to this very day.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Ugh having my one social anxiety moment. I just don't want to go to a party my friend invited me yesterday. I have been out for multiple days straight. I just want to vidya and rest. So I am going to think them for inviting me and stay home but I feel guilty.

I am doing the same

was only invited to fireworks tonight but it's still choosing video games and my cool house over a gathering. I just don't feel like sitting in the heat to watch something I don't want to see! but I'll probably tell them I'm busy and try to find out if they're gonna go somewhere after.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    I'm still fascinated by the pics of Michael Gove absorbing water with his human lips.

8XvTRC2.gif
    ...I may drink water like Michael Grove...my fiancé may not like it...
    <_<
    >_>

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    d7v5kOkl.png

Giggity Giggity Goo, Allllll Right @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    quagmire meets popeye anyways

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I just tried to drink coffee like Michael Gove but I burned my lip

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

I am doing the same

was only invited to fireworks tonight but it's still choosing video games and my cool house over a gathering. I just don't feel like sitting in the heat to watch something I don't want to see! but I'll probably tell them I'm busy and try to find out if they're gonna go somewhere after.

Its a mix of not wanting another 2 hours of metro, I have done about 3.5 this weekend already. Walking in rain/thunderstorms. Doing another 6 miles on concrete, my knees hurt already. And just wanting to relax for a bit. Also it will be like 2 hours there. I have to get to work early to finish a data pull tomorrow. I spaced it the last two days because I blanked work. But I checked my work email today, looking for my promotion stuff to update, and I had a reminder pop up.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

This is the most 2016 thing I have seen yet this year

• InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular

Uber tracking the homeless guy down and firing him will top it, I'm sure

The arouser applies suction and stimulation to her clitoris. It's $250. I have nothing else to say.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I love how they put the Jay-Z label upstate.

how the fuck is it 80 degrees already gtfo

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    How do you know the difference between "good" EDM and this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCawU6BE8P8

Because I just saw Above and Beyond for the 4th of July and had a wonderful time.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

Neco wrote: »
    The arouser applies suction and stimulation to her clitoris. It's $250. I have nothing else to say.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Praise the service economy.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

It's 90 with a heat index of 101 here so tiniest violin etc

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Echo and Neco are one letter off

Ludious wrote: »

You should move out of Satan's Anus probably.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Happy Amerexit Day!

sig.gif
    umm actually it's 57 degrees outside

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

it's pronounced Necho

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

Especially the "Whatever" section

that is some "whatever" shit up there

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

I'm pretty much stuck here forever. Free will is a lie. I bucked fate just by getting 3 hours away from my hometown. I hate this place but the truth is I'm far too much of a coward to leave it without unreasonable guarantees for my future life. I am the quintessential beta success story.

Richy wrote: »
    Happy Amerexit Day!

'Merrxit

I'm pretty much stuck here forever. Free will is a lie. I bucked fate just by getting 3 hours away from my hometown. I hate this place but the truth is I'm far too much of a coward to leave it without unreasonable guarantees for my future life. I am the quintessential beta success story.

no transfers through work?

Happy Original Brexit Day!

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    @BeNarwhal

Hey, you don't post in the F1 thread, what'd you think of the Austrian grand prix?

Nope I am an excepted service employee. All the same benefits, no status/seniority/transfer type options

Nope I am an excepted service employee. All the same benefits, no status/seniority/transfer type options

Have you considered shitting on everyone's desk?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

it's pronounced Necho

As in muchacho?

Have you considered shitting on everyone's desk?

I've had any type of scrubs style cutaway revenge fantasy you can think of

The remaining EU nations

- Frexit
    - Gerxit
    - Spexit
    - Oxit
    - Luxit
    - Lixit
    - Porxit
    - Cyxit
    - Bulxit