As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World Naked [chat] Ride

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Six am I invited to your exclusive Brooklyn rooftop fireworks bespoke grillpalooza

Well you are now

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    kedinik wrote: »
    It's literally insane to me that something so important could be held to a simple majority referendum

a 2/3 majority I could see

Yes. It's too easy to pass a simple-majority referendum by scaring voters with lies.

Murdoch is a bad, bad man.

Neco on
  • Options
    It's literally insane to me that something so important could be held to a simple majority referendum

a 2/3 majority I could see

It's like at the end of air bud where you're trying to determine which one of you gets to keep the dog by putting the dog in the middle while mom and dad call out "good boy! Good boy!" and whoever the dog goes too first gets to keep him

Nobody appreciates that Air Bud 2 is the real masterpiece.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Six am I invited to your exclusive Brooklyn rooftop fireworks bespoke grillpalooza

don't forget to bring artisanal small batch rustic wheat hotdog buns

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    "The FDA’s Abstinence-Only Approach to Eating Cookie Dough Is Unrealistic and Alarmist."

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Six wrote: »

Well you are now

I was being facetious Six I'm on a bus from Maryland to NYC right now i am unable to attend

Unrelated but pay no attention to the Exclusive Brooklyn Rooftop Fireworks Bespoke Grillpalooza (2) tickets that have appeared on Craigslist for a 400% markup

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

don't forget to bring artisanal small batch rustic wheat hotdog buns

Fuck buns that taste like the ground.

...I think that may not have come out as intended.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIw690VGt70
    I'm watching the episode this edit is from, more like Geordi LaRekt.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    nQB4C29.png

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Doggies getting excited about stuff on the TV is always so cute!

My old pup used to be super angry about horses on TV. Like he would just go off at horses having the temerity to be alive and in front of him.

It is interesting that dogs seem to have little trouble recognizing cartoons!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    From the candidate’s rallies, a new understanding of America emerges.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/11/george-saunders-goes-to-trump-rallies

Hm interesting article

Hm I have pooped a lot

@Shazkar Shadowstorm

Still working through this but I really liked this part
    Above all, Trump supporters are “not politically correct,” which, as far as I can tell, means that they have a particular aversion to that psychological moment when, having thought something, you decide that it is not a good thought, and might pointlessly hurt someone’s feelings, and therefore decline to say it.

Very simple and elegantly put

idk, I definitely think that a lot of the "politically incorrect" things that Trump supporters want to say are gross and wrong rather than (as they seem to think) true and fearless, but I'm still hesitant about this counter-diagnosis. I'd have to think about what precisely bothers me, but a rough first pass is that it tries to stake out the author's politics as really being an unremarkable category of basic decency, and so not even politics. But I think we should be reflexively suspicious whenever someone tries to make this move.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    play overwitch

• Options

Well you are now

I was being facetious Six I'm on a bus from Maryland to NYC right now i am unable to attend

Unrelated but pay no attention to the Exclusive Brooklyn Rooftop Fireworks Bespoke Grillpalooza (2) tickets that have appeared on Craigslist for a 400% markup

You joke, but every year we have people from the building just try to come watch the fireworks up here like its a public terrace. Since I'm hosting by myself this year I'm a little worried random people I don't know will just kind of show up and I won't notice. Also people are inviting others who I don't know so I can't be like GET THE FUCK OUT WHO ARE YOU for fear of tossing someone's fiancée or something.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    ahaha holy shit my spine feels like it's trying to rip itself out of my body like a chestburster

so much for doing anything today

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    *sneaks into Six's secret party*

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I had a vegan dog at Franktuary the other night that tasted so much like my memories of a generic meat dog that I almost spit it out. I was sure they had gotten the order wrong. I only ate it after someone else in my party who eats there a lot tried it and reassured me that it was right.

It was an occasion to reflect on the fact that I don't really like shitty hot dogs very much, and that although the technical wizardry that it took to recreate it in vegan form is all very impressive I'd really have rather had a veggie-r dog.

@wandering

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i guess i should get out of bed

• Options
    Nah bigots are bigots. Fuck them. But not literally. Well sometimes literally. But only if its consentual on all sides.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Goddamn it my gym has the most garbage hours

Now I have to run outside, like a peasant
    to avoid this terrible fate I used to run in place with wii fit

ng2UWWJ.jpg

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    i guess i should get out of bed

I just got back into bed.

• Options
    and now i must shower!

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

Hey, who's that creeping kid? I want him to star in my movie, "The Creeping Kid."

• Options
    edited July 2016
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/11/george-saunders-goes-to-trump-rallies

Hm interesting article

Hm I have pooped a lot

@Shazkar Shadowstorm

Above all, Trump supporters are “not politically correct,” which, as far as I can tell, means that they have a particular aversion to that psychological moment when, having thought something, you decide that it is not a good thought, and might pointlessly hurt someone’s feelings, and therefore decline to say it.

idk, I definitely think that a lot of the "politically incorrect" things that Trump supporters want to say are gross and wrong rather than (as they seem to think) true and fearless, but I'm still hesitant about this counter-diagnosis. I'd have to think about what precisely bothers me, but a rough first pass is that it tries to stake out the author's politics as really being an unremarkable category of basic decency, and so not even politics. But I think we should be reflexively suspicious whenever someone tries to make this move.

Being a terrible and indecent person IS new politics again.

Neco on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I just hope 7 wasn't invited

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    it is a good article tho

poo
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »

Ya cuz 7 8 9

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    13620251_1219731678045540_2294017315242166161_n.png?oh=b4f8a91b59cbd4aaa68df42b966d330b&oe=57F3003A

• Options
    edited July 2016

Hm interesting article

Hm I have pooped a lot

@Shazkar Shadowstorm

I think what is bothering you is the anodyne, kumbaya can't we all get along description of "political correctness" as a method of defanging the vehement arguments/unhinged raving against it

Which is fair I guess, but this passage is one tiny bit of a much longer article of the author (an avowed liberal) talking to a bunch of Trump supporters to gather some observations for this piece and not directly confronting them for their perceived transgressions. It's interesting writing and definitely more nuanced than that little clip, and the authors politics and stances and how they interact with complex and messy reality are explicated more thoroughly. I like this particular bit because it packages the basic decency argument with the word "pointless", which succinctly appeals to a basic societal code to not start shit for no damn reason

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Ya cuz 7 8 9

And you don't want 9 getting all blushy and touchy at your party.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Neco this is some quality shitposting on this the day of America's sexual awakening as an anthropomorphic fucknation

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Ya cuz 7 8 9

Yes you do.

Trust me.

• Options
    Most people these days that are railing against political correctness are blowing dogwhistles.

• Options
    There will be at least four single actresses at this party. Actually, wait, only three are single.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I just finished a super racist story from C.M. Kornbluth about the reason we definitely had to drop the bomb on the Japanese to end WW2.

Basically it boiled down to like... the assumption that they would resist so ridiculously powerfully that we'd lose the war even after beating Germany, then they'd take over the western US and impose a like comically backwards feudal existence where there was no manufacturing and everyone farmed and ate a cabbage a day because they just didn't understand how to use the vast lands of the US for good.

His explanation of how the Nazis would work after taking over parts of the US was "send everyone to the camps if they disobey", his explanation of how Japan would take over took several digressions to be like "Oh by the way: they're real weird and dumb for this list of cultural practices"

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options

Yo I heard he ate 9

That dogg is crazy

• Options
    There will be at least four single actresses at this party. Actually, wait, only three are single.

Right but how many are monogamous?

• Options
    Dammit necos post didnt load for me before now I look like a right tit

Ugggghhh fine Ok neco you may have your celebratory spank

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
  • Options

Right but how many are monogamous?

I honestly don't know. The world of people in their 20's in NYC is mostly foreign to me these days.

• Options

Ya cuz 7 8 9

Yes you do.

Trust me.

Wait is this a ladder theory joke now.

This discussion has been closed.