As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

World Naked [chat] Ride

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Neco this is some quality shitposting on this the day of America's sexual awakening as an anthropomorphic fucknation

Thank you, thank you. I try, I truly, TRULY try!

I'd like to thank GOD for creating AMERICA! I'd like to thank AMERICA for being the best greatest most beautiful place on GOD's green earth!

But most of all

I'd like to thank the children. For teaching me to laugh again.

Neco on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah but I'm the bad guy when this is my relationship advice.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    *sneaks into Six's secret party*
    I just hope 7 wasn't invited

Ya cuz 7 8 9

And you don't want 9 getting all blushy and touchy at your party.

Yes you do.

Trust me.

Wait is this a ladder theory joke now.

I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    There will be at least four single actresses at this party. Actually, wait, only three are single.

Right but how many are monogamous?

I honestly don't know. The world of people in their 20's in NYC is mostly foreign to me these days.

Allow me to explain it to you

*puts on pajamas, sprawls out on couch, opens netflix*

Netflix and chill right baby

Now what to we want to watch

*spends 3 hours looking at every movie on Netflix, adds some to my list, falls asleep*

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited July 2016
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    There will be at least four single actresses at this party. Actually, wait, only three are single.

Right but how many are monogamous?

I honestly don't know. The world of people in their 20's in NYC is mostly foreign to me these days.

Allow me to explain it to you

*puts on pajamas, sprawls out on couch, opens netflix*

Netflix and chill right baby

Now what to we want to watch

*spends 3 hours looking at every movie on Netflix, adds some to my list, falls asleep*

I talked a girl back to my apartment once and she fell asleep while we were trying to choose a DVD. I guess this is the same thing.

Six on
    But most of all

I'd like to thank AMERICA.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i work with a fair number of trump supporters, and a lot of my older customers talk about it unprompted. i agree with mr2 that there is a quickness to establish a position as baseline-necessary, beyond discussion, outside the realm of even political stance and into 'are you worth talking to as a human being etc' (apologies if misreading). but even if you reduce this all the way back to a really low bar, like 'thinks all human beings are born equal', almost every trump supporter i've talked to wouldn't characterize themselves as being against that. when they hear trump say, they're sending us their rapists and thieves, they say- well, mexico does have rapists and thieves. so does america! but they're sending theirs to us which ain't fair

my very racist, white trash family would often defend their use of the n-word by saying 'i don't mean all black people are bad. there are plenty of white n-words, too.'

most people who support racist policies are not, ime, explicit klansmen. and with regards to them having a 'not good, potentially hurtful' thought and saying it: since they don't regard their thought as intrinsically wrong or immoral, it is easy for them to choose 'frankness' or 'honesty' or 'directness' or w-e. in social discourse we largely value these traits.

idk. it is easy for me to understand where they are coming from and not dislike them.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Ya cuz 7 8 9

Yes you do.

Trust me.

You'd respond if I were a 10 and not a 6. 6 never gets to 8 9. :(

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    https://i.imgur.com/P7NXBHD.webm
    Man am I lucky that none of those guys noticed I was there until I was already pretty much on top of them.

edited July 2016

Ya cuz 7 8 9

Yes you do.

Trust me.

A 6 can do whatever they want with enough gumption and/or money.

Six on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    The devil is 6

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Six am I invited to your exclusive Brooklyn rooftop fireworks bespoke grillpalooza

this shameless millenial self-invite...

sig.gif
    Six am I invited to your exclusive Brooklyn rooftop fireworks bespoke grillpalooza

My wife's aunt and uncle did the same thing and they're Indian and in their 60's.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    whats ladder theory

A really dumb explanation for why girls don't date "nice guys" that boils down to "friendship and romantic attraction are two mutually exclusive things."

I ate an engineer
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    whats ladder theory

"The only reason girls don't pay attention to me is that they're shallow.

Incidentally, I demand that only girls who I think are incredibly attractive speak to me.

Also, these girls should spend all of their time thinking about how great I am.

The only reason no one is taking me up on this very good offer is that they have moral failings."

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

ambient video game music mix is p good actually

poo
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    whats ladder theory

"The only reason girls don't pay attention to me is that they're shallow.

Incidentally, I demand that only girls who I think are incredibly attractive speak to me.

Also, these girls should spend all of their time thinking about how great I am.

The only reason no one is taking me up on this very good offer is that they have moral failings."

I agree with all of that. where do i sign up?

Do i get a complimentary fedora or can i bring my own?

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Coinage wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah but I'm the bad guy when this is my relationship advice.

Killer.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    cB557 wrote: »
    Man am I lucky that none of those guys noticed I was there until I was already pretty much on top of them.

Your Overwatch looks weird, are you playing with low settings on PC or something?

Kid Presentable on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    From the candidate’s rallies, a new understanding of America emerges.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/11/george-saunders-goes-to-trump-rallies

Hm interesting article

Hm I have pooped a lot

@Shazkar Shadowstorm

Still working through this but I really liked this part
    Above all, Trump supporters are “not politically correct,” which, as far as I can tell, means that they have a particular aversion to that psychological moment when, having thought something, you decide that it is not a good thought, and might pointlessly hurt someone’s feelings, and therefore decline to say it.

Very simple and elegantly put

idk, I definitely think that a lot of the "politically incorrect" things that Trump supporters want to say are gross and wrong rather than (as they seem to think) true and fearless, but I'm still hesitant about this counter-diagnosis. I'd have to think about what precisely bothers me, but a rough first pass is that it tries to stake out the author's politics as really being an unremarkable category of basic decency, and so not even politics. But I think we should be reflexively suspicious whenever someone tries to make this move.

I think what is bothering you is the anodyne, kumbaya can't we all get along description of "political correctness" as a method of defanging the vehement arguments/unhinged raving against it

Which is fair I guess, but this passage is one tiny bit of a much longer article of the author (an avowed liberal) talking to a bunch of Trump supporters to gather some observations for this piece and not directly confronting them for their perceived transgressions. It's interesting writing and definitely more nuanced than that little clip, and the authors politics and stances and how they interact with complex and messy reality are explicated more thoroughly. I like this particular bit because it packages the basic decency argument with the word "pointless", which succinctly appeals to a basic societal code to not start shit for no damn reason

In general I really like Saunders fiction (which has a pretty political bent, often enough). I look forward to reading it!

Will report back if anything interesting occurs to me.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Your Overwatch looks weird, are you playing with low settings on PC or something?
    iron banner week motherfuckers

But most of all

I'd like to thank our one true lord and savior, SATAN HE UNHOLIEST OF DEVIL *hissss grrrrowllllspitspithisssss*

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    But most of all

I'd like to thank our one true lord and savior, SATAN HE UNHOLIEST OF DEVIL *hissss grrrrowllllspitspithisssss*

Sounds like someone needs a wine cooler!

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I am undefeated in Overwatch competitive mode

time to retire, 1-0 baby

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i work with a fair number of trump supporters, and a lot of my older customers talk about it unprompted. i agree with mr2 that there is a quickness to establish a position as baseline-necessary, beyond discussion, outside the realm of even political stance and into 'are you worth talking to as a human being etc' (apologies if misreading). but even if you reduce this all the way back to a really low bar, like 'thinks all human beings are born equal', almost every trump supporter i've talked to wouldn't characterize themselves as being against that. when they hear trump say, they're sending us their rapists and thieves, they say- well, mexico does have rapists and thieves. so does america! but they're sending theirs to us which ain't fair

my very racist, white trash family would often defend their use of the n-word by saying 'i don't mean all black people are bad. there are plenty of white n-words, too.'

most people who support racist policies are not, ime, explicit klansmen. and with regards to them having a 'not good, potentially hurtful' thought and saying it: since they don't regard their thought as intrinsically wrong or immoral, it is easy for them to choose 'frankness' or 'honesty' or 'directness' or w-e. in social discourse we largely value these traits.

idk. it is easy for me to understand where they are coming from and not dislike them.

it is really hard to talk about these people i think

"what they do and think is not okay; it hurts people for no reason and as a movement or abstraction meets most definitions of evil" and "it's 30%* of the country, they're confused and mistaken, they don't see the effects of their choices, there but for the grace of God we" are really hard thoughts to hold in your head simultaneously.

sig.gif
    But chu there's still a step between considering a "bad thought" totally moral and direct and opening ones mouth to say it, hence "pointlessly hurtful"--even if you're right it benefits no one to say it and only causes harm

And the "are you worth speaking to as a human being" standard is a misreading, that's not the conclusion being drawn here. The whole point of the article is speaking to people who have no compunction about airing their resolute disdain for immigrants stealing their jobs, without turning to the camera with a bombastic "these people! I know! Right!". This one bit is one of several observations and the authors own reaction to it (again, you can criticize as too broad and toothless, but I found it succinct and descriptive of the most basic reason to treat people with respect)

Game looks great, but Xbox capture settings are set to 30fps 720p. They also autoupload all your clips to the Xbox Live social feed, so it's a decent compromise.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Oh, that wasn't Overwatch :lol:

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Game looks great, but Xbox capture settings are set to 30fps 720p. They also autoupload all your clips to the Xbox Live social feed, so it's a decent compromise.

(it was a joke about how cb is playing destiny elki)

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2016
    I saw a golf course called Trump Links.

Links... Left... Sinister...

Coincidence?

Probably I don't know the etymology of the term links in relation to golf.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    House hunting

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60187085.html

Hmmmm

My mother immediately rejects this one on the basis of the bathroom

Elki wrote: »

I knowwww, I wasn't trying to do a thing about consoles vs PC, I was genuinely taken aback for a moment when my eyes saw a clip from an FPS that wasn't Overwatch, so you see the dumb shitty thing I was doing was slightly different than what I apparently conveyed.

I think you mean Trump Zelda

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Ya cuz 7 8 9

Yes you do.

Trust me.

A 6 can do whatever they want with enough gumption and/or money.

Where can I steal those?

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

No

people who disagree with you are subhuman scum who deserve only misery and death.

lern 2 america chu

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I should have gotten veggie curry, the amount of chicken in this delicious dish is tiny

I ate an engineer
    I think you mean Trump Zelda

Look what you made me google

ed6a5d938d9181a7da31d08b6df983063802986a711e93548539e363fccf4acb_1.jpg

My wife's aunt and uncle did the same thing and they're Indian and in their 60's.

Yeah but thats family that's different

This discussion has been closed.