As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

World Naked [chat] Ride

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I saw a golf course called Trump Links.

Links... Left... Sinister...

Coincidence?

Probably I don't know the etymology of the term links in relation to golf.

Links courses are generally on the coast with fast greens (because of the sandy soil) and little shelter from the wind

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    *sneaks into Six's secret party*
    I just hope 7 wasn't invited

Ya cuz 7 8 9

And you don't want 9 getting all blushy and touchy at your party.

Yes you do.

Trust me.

Wait is this a ladder theory joke now.

I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.

You'd respond if I were a 10 and not a 6. 6 never gets to 8 9. :(

A 6 can do whatever they want with enough gumption and/or money.

Where can I steal those?

This sounds like a caper. I'm in!

can you feel the struggle within?
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Six am I invited to your exclusive Brooklyn rooftop fireworks bespoke grillpalooza

this shameless millenial self-invite...

My wife's aunt and uncle did the same thing and they're Indian and in their 60's.

Yeah but thats family that's different

hakkes: "look, if we really think about it, we can see that i'm the worst"

sig.gif
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I have only ever mini golfed

I am not good at mini golf and I'm not programmed for scaling

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    House hunting

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60187085.html

Hmmmm

My mother immediately rejects this one on the basis of the bathroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWoWHzq21tA

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Ya cuz 7 8 9

Yes you do.

Trust me.

Where can I steal those?

I thought capers were root vegetables

I ate an engineer
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I also saw the preview for the clip and thought "that's probably Overwatch" and never bothered to start playing it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I was excited to see Four Swords on the SGDQ schedule but then I realized oh they're prolly gonna play in singleplayer mode

I want to see a four person speedrun!

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    They should make macro golf with really large balls that are easier to hit

PSN: Honkalot
    Six am I invited to your exclusive Brooklyn rooftop fireworks bespoke grillpalooza

this shameless millenial self-invite...

My wife's aunt and uncle did the same thing and they're Indian and in their 60's.

Yeah but thats family that's different

hakkes: "look, if we really think about it, we can see that i'm the worst"

My ass is welded to the iron throne I'll not be usurped by some retiree age south Asian relatives

I was excited to see Four Swords on the SGDQ schedule but then I realized oh they're prolly gonna play in singleplayer mode

I want to see a four person speedrun!

I'm gonna miss links awakening ;-;

milski wrote: »

Ya cuz 7 8 9

Yes you do.

Trust me.

Where can I steal those?

I thought capers were root vegetables

I've never actually thought about what capers are but now il confused. Aren't they a seed?

I'm not looking this up.

Honk wrote: »
    They should make macro golf with really large balls that are easier to hit

This just sounds like recess.

Capers are little happy balls that go squirt in your mouth #botanist

Someone continue the testicle joke streak

Delmain wrote: »
    House hunting

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60187085.html

Hmmmm

My mother immediately rejects this one on the basis of the bathroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWoWHzq21tA

I could totally live with it

Assuming my house sale goes through OK I may benefit from the brexit house price dip

Most of the places that have been up for a while are being reduced by 10% ish or relisted as fixed price instead of offers over

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I'm carrying a huge-ass watermelon over an enormous hill to get to this party and I'm wearing (red white and blue) heavy flannel

I'm gonna be so fkin sweaty when i get there >:(

Capers are a flower bud

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    But chu there's still a step between considering a "bad thought" totally moral and direct and opening ones mouth to say it, hence "pointlessly hurtful"--even if you're right it benefits no one to say it and only causes harm

so i guess the thought i have is why it is important for them to say it. i don't have a perfect answer, but most of the responses i've seen from people online are basically 'because they're assholes', or whatever.

most of the time when i want to say something but bite my tongue because it could be upsetting to people, i don't really care very much about saying the thing. exercising self-restraint, discipline, 'empathy' is easy in these cases. it's not a big sacrifice. but for so many of these people concerned with 'telling it how it is', it is important to them to say that thing. why is it so important to them for their shout in the wind to be heard? how did a relatively prosperous, safe, enfranchised group of people come to feel like their truth was being shouted down or censored effectively by the media or the intelligentsia or whatever?

it seems important to me in terms of healing this country but i don't have a good answer really, and all the ones i hear from my librul peers are incredibly contemptuous and reductive
    And the "are you worth speaking to as a human being" standard is a misreading, that's not the conclusion being drawn here. The whole point of the article is speaking to people who have no compunction about airing their resolute disdain for immigrants stealing their jobs, without turning to the camera with a bombastic "these people! I know! Right!". This one bit is one of several observations and the authors own reaction to it (again, you can criticize as too broad and toothless, but I found it succinct and descriptive of the most basic reason to treat people with respect)

sry i hadn't read the article yet, doing now- that part was just me responding to mrmr, not the content of the piece

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Guy in this Person of Interest called "Sven Vanger".

Writers were all "Eh, sounds Swedish enough."

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    As A Person Who Answers Their Phone now, I find my jimmies slightly rustled when trying to contact A Person Who Does Not Answer Their Phone. But I understand, because I used to be like them. And they are doing the best they can.

I will pull out their teeth one by one.

Sven Strings?

Capers are a flower bud

Thanks pal

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yes, I'm sure pouring water on the laptop magically destroys the hard drive.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I answer the phone

If I recognize the number

Strangers get rekt

This was up before with a higher asking price

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58713251.html

Also maternally approved bathroom

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Sven Vanger could be a Dutch name, though Sven de Vanger would probably be more likely.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    ok, time to get all mom's spaghetti

g o o d A m e r i c a b o i s a n d g r i l l s ! ! !

y2jake215 wrote: »
    I

This is true of golf golf, too.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    But chu there's still a step between considering a "bad thought" totally moral and direct and opening ones mouth to say it, hence "pointlessly hurtful"--even if you're right it benefits no one to say it and only causes harm

so i guess the thought i have is why it is important for them to say it. i don't have a perfect answer, but most of the responses i've seen from people online are basically 'because they're assholes', or whatever.

most of the time when i want to say something but bite my tongue because it could be upsetting to people, i don't really care very much about saying the thing. exercising self-restraint, discipline, 'empathy' is easy in these cases. it's not a big sacrifice. but for so many of these people concerned with 'telling it how it is', it is important to them to say that thing. why is it so important to them for their shout in the wind to be heard? how did a relatively prosperous, safe, enfranchised group of people come to feel like their truth was being shouted down or censored effectively by the media or the intelligentsia or whatever?

it seems important to me in terms of healing this country but i don't have a good answer really, and all the ones i hear from my librul peers are incredibly contemptuous and reductive
    And the "are you worth speaking to as a human being" standard is a misreading, that's not the conclusion being drawn here. The whole point of the article is speaking to people who have no compunction about airing their resolute disdain for immigrants stealing their jobs, without turning to the camera with a bombastic "these people! I know! Right!". This one bit is one of several observations and the authors own reaction to it (again, you can criticize as too broad and toothless, but I found it succinct and descriptive of the most basic reason to treat people with respect)

sry i hadn't read the article yet, doing now- that part was just me responding to mrmr, not the content of the piece

At some point contempt is appropriate? I'm totally willing to put it aside to try to figure out how we work with large sections of the country that don't know anything about the world, but in the absence of an agreement to focus on that for a few minutes I don't think there's anything wrong with saying contemptuous, reductive things

probably there is something wrong with believing them though so once again i sit the fence

I feel like Brexit is a really tempting example to turn to because it's so clearly based on a lack of knowledge and lack of understanding

It gives John Oliver some funny fuel but there's some meat on the bone of what people googled the day after, and of course Farage and Johnson not running for pm is also revelatory

I get that just shouting at trump people and being mean doesn't help, but what does, when they're wrong about everything they think about the world? How do you start bridging that gap? Really tempting to give up and just be mean about them in private.

also fuck you chrome, revelatory is totally a word

sig.gif
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    merica

3b7.png

My first Comcast bill is literally just the cost of my plan. Brought my own modem, don't have phone or tv so no 911 fees or emergency broadcast maintenance charges or whatever. No tax. Just my actual plan price, ending in in .99 and everything

The dream is real..

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    My first Comcast bill is literally just the cost of my plan. Brought my own modem, don't have phone or tv so no 911 fees or emergency broadcast maintenance charges or whatever. No tax. Just my actual plan price, ending in in .99 and everything

The dream is real..

yeah but comcast...

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

The dream is real..

*sound of steel jaws snapping closed*

The dream is real..

yeah but comcast...

My only other choice is 10/2 DSL ;_;

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    but when some howling neanderthal builds Blade of the Ruined King on Pantheon and then has the gall to tell you that it's a good build, chu

There is an advert running in the TV at the moment using this nineties one hit wonder as a soundtrack

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mL2Bgj-za5k

Never thought I'd hear that in the wild again

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    omg

http://www.6sqft.com/life-behind-the-stacks-the-secret-apartments-of-new-york-libraries/
    In the early to mid twentieth century, the majority of the city’s libraries had live-in superintendents. Like the superintendents who still live in many of the city’s residential buildings, these caretakers both worked and lived in the buildings for which they were responsible. This meant that for decades, behind the stacks, meals were cooked, baths and showers were taken, and bedtime stories were read. And yes, families living in the city’s libraries typically did have access to the stacks at night—an added bonus if they happened to need a new bedtime book after hours.

This discussion has been closed.