As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Master Phalla Thread

ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Critical Failures
This is Critical Failures' Master Phalla thread. It's for signups, statistics, and general discussion of Phalla and its mechanics. Generally, there will be one main Phalla running (with up to two threads), as well as up to two smaller Phallas. Signups are required for the main game. No dead threads, and the game will be run in the same threads where the signups take place. This is going to be the system until we start having problems, at which point I will probably fix those problems in ways that no one will like, so play nice.

What is Phalla?

Phalla is the Penny-Arcade Forums' version of the party game Mafia.

The Basic Rules

The "village" consists of all players in the game. Included in the village is a small number of bad guys. Normally, the bad guys all know one another at the beginning of the game, but nobody else knows anything about anyone other than themselves.

Each day (normally 24-hour period) the village discusses and publically votes for one person to be executed that night. At the same time, the bad guys choose one person to kill each night and PM the name to the narrator.

The good side wins if all of the bad guys die. The bad side wins if the number of good guys is less than or equal to the number of bad guys (on the assumption that at that point, they control the vote plus get their kill, so it's inevitable).

Usually, there will be one or more "special" roles among the good guys (and occasionally among the bad guys). Exactly who holds each role is only known to that person, although how many of each role exist is most often known.

Each night, the narrator gives the details of who died, and normally whether they were a bad guy. Some games also include clues or outright statements if someone who died is a good special.

Standard Special Roles

Roles will have different names depending on the theme of the game. Listed below are the usual "generic" terms for each role. Normally, specials exercise their power by communicating with the narrator via PM.

Seer -- once per night can "investigate" a particular person and find out from the narrator if they are a bad guy. Variations of seers may be able to determine a good special as well, although they may be unable to distinguish them from a bad guy.

Vigilante -- once per night can kill a person of their choosing.

Guardian -- once per night can protect someone from any death other than execution by the village. Whether they can protect against multiple attacks on one person in the same night is up to the narrator.

Masons -- a group of good guys, usually of similar size to the group of bad guys, who start the game knowing each other, and that they are all good.

Common Variations

Many larger games contain multiple groups of bad guys working at cross-purposes.

At least one game has included a council elected every other night who are able to overturn the popular vote. Normally, this shifts the execution to the person who got the second-most votes.

The typical size for a group of bad guys is 3, although an individual game may have more, particularly if there is only one group of bad guys in a larger game.

Common "House" Rules

You may not communicate regarding the game with someone who is dead, unless there is some specific mechanic in place to do so. In that case, communication normally goes through the narrator.

You may not use any anonymous method of communication to discuss the game. Forum-based PMs, external IMs, and e-mails are allowed as long as the person you are talking to knows who you are.

You may not use screencaps to "prove" anything to anyone.

Normally, everyone gets a "flavor" role in the game. Bad guys and good specials usually get a normal "villager" role in addition to their special role. This keeps people from using their initial PM to verify someone else's role. The two most common ways to do this are to (a) use the exact same message to everyone, or (b) give everyone a unique villager role.

Thanatos on

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Currently Running Games
    visiblehowl - Night Watch: Light Ones, Dark Ones (Signups)
    Everybody - The First Thirty-Ninth Annual Phalla Awards
    Nobody - Nothing

Phalla Moderation Waitlist
    1. neville - LoTR (banned until May)
    2. Zot - TMNT (not until summer)
    3. Qorzm - Avatar: The Last Airbender (not until June)
    4. TehSpectre - Mortal Kombat
    5. iamtheaznman - Romance of the Three Kingdoms
    6. Gorilla Salad, screenplay based on a short story by mtvcdm - Captain Planet
    7. thorgot - Roguelike
    8. DevoutlyApathetic
    9. robothero - Where in the World is Phalla Sandiego
    10. Locus - 47 Ronin
    11. Psycholarry - Viking
    12. Rend - MMPRPG
    13. mr paku - watership down
    14. Hylianbunny - Runaways Phalla
    15. Marx - super sekrit Phalla
    16. zanmatto
    17. Mr. Embarkation - Mistborn
    18. Infidel - Legend of the Red Dragon
    19. Gumpy - Star Wars
    20. Last Son
    21. Valkun - Final Phallantasy Tactics
    22. Oatway - Lucky Number Slevin
    23. EvilBadman - PHALLANOIA!²
    24. cj iwakura - Gehenna: The Final Nights
    25. Zellpher - Bomberman64
    26. Stew_Stick - Ph-Zero
    27. Abysmal Lynx - Shin Megami Tensei
    28. Saburbia - Rock Band
    29. Obbi - Pokemon
    30. Romantic Undead - Megaman or Megaman X
    31. Quoth - Gargoyles
    32. Frosteey - 27
    33. Eggos - The Thing
    34. telcus - World Domination
    35. Fluffy, Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend - He Say You Brade Runner
    36. Maximus - Dresden Files
    37. FrostMist - Deadlands: Doomtown
    38. mrpaku/Unearthly Stew - Metrophallis
    39. Aegis - Super Mario Bros.
    40. Squashua - PhalLOST II : Starvation Island (assuming he is unbanned by then)
    41. Laos - Temptation Island
    42. Zerinan - Monty Python
    43. Burnage - King of Fighters
    44. MrBlarney - Parallel Worlds or Phaire Emblem or Kill Dr. Lucky in Phalla Mansion or Ace Attorney: Turnabout Phalla
    45. delroland - Master & Commander
    46. Varcayn - Too Lazy to Come Up With a Fake Theme Phalla
    47. cheez - Soul Phallabur
    48. Toxic Toys - Phalla of the Dead
    49. TheLawinator - [tiny]Bore[/tiny]hammer 40k
    50. Grundlterror - Graduated from College Phalla
    51. Bliss 101

What this is
    • a thread for signing up to run games of Phalla, aka Mafia, in bold, bright colors. (see thorgot's thread for older posts)
    • a thread to post the theme and/or size of your game.
    • a way to figure out roughly how long it will be until somebody gets to run their game.
    • a thread to find people to help you run your game.
    • a thread to discuss mechanics, strategies, and ideas. (see Nerissa's thread for older posts)
    What this is not
    • a thread to sign up to host games in D&D. Use Richy's thread instead.
    • a thread to sign up to play games. Use the thread specific to the game you wish to join, instead.
    • a thread to sign up to host "mini" games. Contact the host of the current game to ask if you can start one.
    Miscellaneous
    • This list is hardly binding; you can change your theme or size at any time without letting anybody know.
    • You can delay your turn if you aren't ready when the time comes.
    • Very few games could take more than two weeks or less than one, so you can estimate how long until person n gets to go as n weeks to 2n weeks.
    • Moderator-approved rule: No practical joke games. If the game is unexpectedly unbalanced, that's one thing, but don't waste our time on purpose.
    • If your game involves more than one thread, PM Thinatos to let him know.
    • Each game should be one thread, including signups. (Exception being a major game which requires two threads.)
    Minis
    • There is no list to host a "Mini" Phalla. You must PM the person hosting the major game to ask his/her permission.
    • Some feel it is courteous to let others know they are going to host a mini, but it's not necessary.
    • There can be no more than 2 minis running at any one time.

Old Games
    1. Bliss 101 - Phallastar Phallactica
    2. cheez - Xenosaga
    3. Grundlterror - Super Smash Brothers
    4. precisionk - phallisionk
    5. Ardor/Drez - Phallout
    6. MrBlarney - Gods of Phalla
    7. Psycholarry - World War I (A West Side Story Musical by Steven Sondheim and produced by Mel Brooks, critically acclaimed actor, producer and director)
    8. DarkPrimus - Transformers (Signups)
    9. Saburbia - Fullmetal Alchemist
    10. Grundlterror - Venture Bros
    11. cj iwakura & Hylianbunny - Disgaea: Phalla of Darkness
    12. Frosteey - Phallagnarok (Signups)
    13. Hylianbunny & cj iwakura - Eternal Darkness (Signups)
    14. Infidel - Death Note (Signups)
    15. Plutonium - A Song of Ice and Fire (Signups)
    16. Squashua - PhalLOST and PhalLOST (Signups)
    17. Ardor and MrBlarney - Phalla Royale (Signups)
    18. robothero/life3 - Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition (Junkyard, Signups)
    19. Locus - Through The Greatwood (Signups)
    20. Bliss101 - French Revolution (Jail, Signups)
    21. Buzz Buzz - BANG!
    22. Last Son - Super-Alliances (Signups)
    23. thorgot - Democratic File System (Signups)
    24. FunkyWaltDogg - Space Station 13 (Signups)
    25. DarkPrimus - The Court of King Phallis (Signups)
    26. precisionk - Insane Asylum (Signups)
    27. Saburbia - Haunted House (Signups)
    28. PsychoLarry - Comic Book Style (Signups)
    29. Hylianbunny - The Zodiac Phalla Story (Signups)
    30. Gnasty - The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla (Signups)
    31. EvilBadman - Phallanoia (Signups)
    32. cj iwakura - Vampire: Masquerade (Signups)
    33. Rygar - Space Phalla (Signups)
    34. RBB and VH - Soviet Phalla (Politiburo, Signups)
    35. ElJeffe - Phalliad (Hades, Signups)
    36. Visiblehowl - Kingdoms of Phallacia (Signups)
    37. Lanz - Death Note (Signups)
    38. LightReaper - Pokemon (Signups)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Old Minis:
    1. lonelyahava - The Lion, The Witch and the Phalla
    2. FrostMist/CoreGoon - Twisted Metal: Tour De Phalla
    3. Hylianbunny - Hidden: Source
    4. Gumpy - SPECTRE
    5. Toxic Toys - Jonesphallaburg
    6. thorgot - No-Theme Post-Restriction UPick No-PM
    7. Burnage - Devil May Cry
    8. Rend - Team Fortress 2
    9. Laos - Vampires in Phallanka
    10. Rend - World Cup
    11. Burnage - Baldur's Gate
    12. DasUberEdward - Dexter
    13. cj iwakura - Rival Schools Phalla
    14. Ardor - Roulette Phalla
    15. Gumpy - Time Travel
    16. robothero/Hylianbunny - Newbie Phalla
    17. Infidel - Gremlins
    18. Hylianbunny - Teen Titans
    19. Squashua - A Christmas Phalla
    20. Psycholarry1 - Warhammer 142098k
    21. robothero - Belarus
    22. Drez - Royal Flush
    23. Rend - Star Trek: Vendetta
    24. Zot - PhallAwesome
    25. Locus/thorgot - Monks on the Run
    26. MrBlarney - Set Phalla
    27. Hylianbunny - Matrix
    28. Aldo - Sheep&Wolves
    29. cheez - Logical Phallacy
    30. Drez - SMT: Digi-Devil Phalla
    31. cj iwakura - The Phalla of Haruhi Suzumiya
    32. robothero - Silence of the Phallas
    33. Ardor - Phalla Royale Test II
    34. Squashua - Phallus and Phagons
    35. robuthero - Zoidphalla
    36. DevoutlyApathetic - High School
    37. DevoutlyApathetic - Naughty&Nice
    38. Ardor - Phalla Royale Test I

Old Games Elsewhere
    D&D
    1. Fencingsax - Jack the Ripper (unfinished due to moderator inactivity)
    2. hesthefastest - Superpowers
    3. Ardor and tuxkamen - Choose Your Own Phalla
    4. James and Aldo - Phorum Phalla
    5. IreneDadler - Phashion
    6. Elendil - Lovecraft
    7. robothero and thorgot - Oregon Trail
    8. ElJeffe - Something Phallic and Phalla Arcade
    9. Richy - Artifact Phalla
    10. Cantide - The Legend of Phalla
    11. visiblehowl - Phallian Phalla
    12. tuxkamen - Ad Astra Per Phalla
    13. Nerissa - Witch Trials (Dead Thread)
    14. mtvcdm - The Mole
    15. Cass and Saburbia - Castle Phalla
    16. Dynagrip - Phallaponnesian War (unfinished due to forum outage)
    17. Shinto - Sicily and New York
    18. RBB and Kusu - Communism
    19. Premier Kakos and ElJeffe - Shades of Newham
    20. Shinto - Rishiri (Role PMs)
    21. ??? - Werewolves?
    22. ??? - Wangshire (Mafia)
    23. Tarranon - Wangshire (Vampires)

G&T
    1. Aroduc - Romance of the Two Kingdoms
    2. ??? - Wangshire
    SE++
    1. neville - Sunnydale, Los Angeles
    2. Ardor, MrBlarney, Plutonium - Phalla Royale, Thread 2
    3. Green - Animorphs
    4. neville - Harry Potter, Thread 2
    5. Drez - Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil
    6. Hylianbunny - Heroes (failed first attempt)
    7. Rygar - Wheel of Time, Thread 2
    8. Rygar - Phalla++

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Post 3: Pants!

A History Lesson:
    Elki wrote: »
    A chatlog between me and Tarranon, prior to the creation of the first phalla game in D&D. There's some stuff there unrelated to the game, but I'm too lazy to edit them out.

Tarranon: Anyway yeah, I'm making a forum game. I'm just waiting for one more mod to get back to me. The game works thusly;
    A group of villagers, group of vampires, one seer. Villagers vote to stake everyone every night. Vampires eat someone every night. Seer dreams about someone every night to see

if they're a vampire or not. Game ends when the number of villagers and vampires are equal, or when all the vamps are taken out.

Wanna play?
    Elki: who's the seer?
    Tarranon: Everything is decidedly with a random number generator.
    *decided
    Elki: fuck the mods, i'm ok with it
    let's do this!
    Tarranon: cheers. We'll beging tonight
    Elki: what? not now? boooo!
    Tarranon: You can't just play with one person
    Elki: fuck you!
    Tarranon: THAT IS INSOLENCE! YOU ARE SPEAKING INSOLENCE TO ME
    Tarranon: So, what's a nice name for the town in which this will all take place?
    Elki: i tried thinking of one, but i'm blank
    just remember to put my name on top of the players' list
    top!
    Tarranon: I thought about being random and just calling it the village of france.
    Elki: Wangville
    ?
    Tarranon: too easy
    Elki: like your mom
    Tarranon: BAM
    Tarranon: homoeroticism is probably a given, but we need someway to make it grandiloquent.
    Tarranon: How about the village of Phalla.
    Elki: i like it
    robothero wrote: »
    vampire phalla - the one where my cherry popped on the first night
    phallanoia - the one where i helped the bad guys win
    gnome phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and died early
    zodiac phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and died near the end, but had an awesome team
    comic phalla - the one where everyone thought i was a bad guy, then a good guy, then i died and came back to life
    haunted phalla - the one where i was killed by my own teammate night 1
    insane phalla - the one where i had no clue what was going on the entire time
    court phalla - the one where DA (bad) tried to convince everyone i was bad
    ss13 phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and we were flawless
    file phalla - the one where i subbed in and did nothing of note
    alliance phalla - the one where i subbed in as God-Emperor PrecisionK and launched havoc to the masses, convincing them i was a bad guy
    greatwood phalla - the one where i was a villager, and sacrificed myself for a good guy victory
    robot phalla - the one that i hosted
    phalla royale - the one where i was a bad guy and ran away with victory (pun)
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Oh, man. Talk about a walk down memory lane...
    • Saburbia (Haunted House) - The one where I was Scrappy for two days (epic!).
    • PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - The one where I can't describe how awesome it was.
    • Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - The one that started Zerinan's Day 2 death rule.
    • Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - The one where TehSpectre stole the show (epic).
    • EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - The one with the !zap fest (epic).
    • CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade - The one where everyone started grudging Shamus / I grudged Plutonium (very epic).
    • Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - The one where I yelled at mtvcdm and Drez for three days (epic for me).
    • RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - The one where Lady Eri quit (legendary).
    • ElJeffe (Phalliad) - The one with Athan - epic.
    • Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - The one where PsychoLarry1 sold us out.
    Ardor wrote: »
    • Saburbia (Haunted House) - Stupid statues taking me away night 1 (villager).
    • PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - This was really fun to watch.
    • Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - I got eaten night 3 because Plutonium sucks (Larg ninja).
    • Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - I started with the shield item, which Shamus took. He then contacted me as Captain America. (Villager with item)
    • EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - I was destroyed night 1 by phazer blasting. That was a lot of fun. I even took out athan with my blaster! (Villager)
    • CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade - Where I started my trend of making deals with my enemy. (Tremere stoncutter)
    • Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - So it was written in the book of rage. Interesting to watch for sure.
    • RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - The one where Lady Eri quit (legendary). I was also put on the back of a milk carton thanks to the council abducting me. (villager)
    • ElJeffe (Phalliad) - Athan, I am jealous you had that chance. Yay resurrection staff! (Oracle - seer)
    • Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - I didn't watch this one.
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    • Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Teamed up with Niceguy Myeye in the beginning. I topped the kill count rankings. Had a lot of fun. FWD killed someone with a Spork.
    • robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - I died early, after which I was kind of clueless as to what was going on.
    • Locus (Through The Greatwood) - I was a bad guy, for the first time ever! And we had the awesome green goo power. Unfortunately TehSpecte vigilanted me, and he shall pay for it.
    • Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - I hosted this one. It made my brain hurt.
    • Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - Bandwagoned DamnedLibrarian and he wasn't happy. My item was stolen and then I died.
    • Last Son (super-alliances) - Didn't play.
    • thorgot (Democratic File System) - I was a wacky pseudo-Guardian who seered as evil. Blocked one bad guy kill I think. Grundl made an awesome decision on the last night to figure out who the remaining bad guy was.
    • FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - Didn't play.
    • DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - I was Bernadette the Villager, and got killed early.
    • precisionk (Insane Asylum) - I was a villager. I posted in purple and got lobotomized. A wacky and fun game. People roleplayed a lot.
    • Saburbia (Haunted House) - Didn't play.
    • PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - Didn't play.
    • Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - I was the Larg Knight! Our tiny network kicked ass and won the game.
    • Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - I was a villager. Died on night 1.
    • EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - Didn't play.
    • CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - I was a Brujah villager. Really enjoyed the narrations in this one. I think I caught a bad guy in this game (Gnasty?). Shamus the Giovanni made the game pretty interesting.
    • Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - I was a villager. I kept a spreadsheet and was pretty active with the detective work, but my efforts were only rewarded with death.
    • RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - I was a villager. My first bandwagon on Hakkekage, and she turned out to be evil! I have always suspected her after that. Lady Eri left the building.
    • ElJeffe (Phalliad) - My first ODaM Phalla. Ardor and Lady Eri earned their reputation in this game. I was a villager. Got into the network too. An awesome game.
    • Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - I didn't play in this one
    Last Son wrote: »
    Phalliad - Normal Villager, killed in the great massacre of night 3. Tried to bandwagon a guardian from beyond the grave(variable)
    Soviet Phalla - Normal Villager, killed by Lady Eri night 1 for pointing out flaws in her plans.
    Voyage to Phalla - Normal Villager, argued a lot with mtvcdm and was finally killed by FunkyWaltDogg(the alien)
    V:tM - Normal Toreador, didn't do a whole lot. Was killed by Oboro the Keui-Jin
    Phallanoia - Had zap-proof armor, was killed by mutants lighting me on fire with their minds
    Caves of Phalla - Villager with a magnet(thief), killed by Tehspectre night 1 for posting in Haiku
    Zodiac Phalla - The Goltana Seer, found a Lucavi night 1 and then things went downhill. Eventually killed by the Lucavi because I was revealed when I helped swing the vote at the last minute.
    Phallopolis - Venus, goddess of love. Was killed by the villains night 1 and then came back to life night 4 and made a deal with the villains to kill the heroes, failed miserably.
    Haunted Phalla - Shapeshifter, killed by Gnasty(I think) for reasons I never found out.
    Phalla Asylum - Staff member, death by anal violation night 1 during a riot.
    !BANG - Normal Villager, had my item stole night 1. Died from the outlaws.
    Robot Phalla - Member of the white fanbase, I was pretty confused during the whole thing.
    Phalla Royal Mk 2 - Regular student, had little contact with team and killed two people. Eventually killed by being shot in the back by Romantic Undead.
    Phalliad - Nonparticipant.
    Soviet Phalla - Nonparticipant.
    Voyage to Phalla - Family member, made it to the last night before being converted by the Cultist.
    V:tM - Ventrue, nothing special here. Killed by the Sabbat after becoming precisionk's Sensechal.
    Phallanoia - Nonparticipant.
    Caves of Phalla - Villager. Nothing special; got blown up night 4.
    Zodiac Phalla - Ran this one.
    Phallopolis - Participant, but had to drop very early.
    Haunted Phalla - Nonparticipant.
    Phalla Asylum - Staff member, got lobotomized quickly.
    !BANG - Substitute, item stolen soon after I came in.
    Robot Phalla - Member of the white fanbase, also pretty confused.
    Phalla Royal Mk 2 - Regular student, originally part of the Spectre Brigade but ditched them. Got blown up...again.
    RotTK (G&T): the Dong family vigilante, very successful with my kills (only one misfire and that was at the suggestion of a network member).
    Aes Sedai (SE++): guardian, fucked up in the very first rounds because I wasn't around to send in a protection order but did decently after that as far as keeping the network covered went.
    Heroes (SE++): ran it, and it was a headache. :P
    Ad Astra (D&D): lived to the endgame, but lost because Cheez is crafty and hard to read.
    Artefacts (D&D): Ended up being Thor, essentially, due to having a massive amount of artefacts.
    Seriously wrote: »
    Wheel of Time Phalla (SE++): Stonecutter who died on night 1 due to being chatty.

Heroes Phalla (SE++): Villager, both in the original and the remix. When Ardor came out as network head I acted as I was instructed but pointlessly gave him utter hell about it the entire way. Killed for helping with good-guy vote shenanigans later on in the game.

Harry Potter Phalla (SE++): Villager. Got nullified to no effect by a good-guy special for being chatty, got bandwagoned by a bad guy for sending out a frustrated appeal-for-help-PM to more experienced players. Laid down and died in hopes popular opinion would turn against Squashua after I was revealed good. It did, but it didn't matter.

Animorphs Phalla (SE++): Reserve called to action later on in round 1. Villager. Did my mundane best to keep cj alive, I think, even though I've this knee-jerk distrust of outed network heads it seems. Died mid-way through probably because I was chatty.

Viral Phallogy (SE++): Vigilante/Nullifier! But I always missed and didn't out myself for the purposes of network-heading soon enough in the 1st round. Aroused network head's suspicions by being chatty. Tried to go about the game non-conventionally (for SE) and act semi-independently of the network that I suspected could be compromised, but in the end got 3 good specials killed with with my "cleverness". Handed the early advantage to the bad guys, which they took and used to great effect.

Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition (oDaM): Vanillageresque. Greater help to my team dead than alive.

Phalla Royale (oDaM): Inextricably tied my fate to a bad guy almost before the game had started. Ran around mostly useless to either said bad guy or my team. Suicided before I could used the weapon I'd just acquired because my bad-guy lover was killed. Bittersweet.
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    • Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Founder of the ill-fated Spectre 5. I Talked a bit too much and intimidated people into voting me to death. I was shotgunned down first, so my 2nd in command died in my place.
    • robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - I must have been one of the few who knew what was goin' on in this Phalla. I was basically useless, until Ardor and I collaborated on a plan in the dead thread.
    • Locus (Through The Greatwood) - I was a gravedigger that was also a vigilante! I got a badguy bandwagoned on day one, then used my vigilante ability to kill 2 other badguys before I succumbed to the vote on day 3.
    • Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - This game made my brain hurt. I was a member of the Church....but I was mostly inactive durning my run.
    • Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - I was one of the sheriff's deputies. I acted evil and layed low to survive till the end of the game. I was able to pick out one of the neutral roles as well as a baddie near the end. I trusted Zerinan and was killed on the final day because of it.
    • Last Son (super-alliances) - I was one of the parliment (I think) who had a vote manipulation ability. I joined up with someone, only to be killed a few days later.
    • thorgot (Democratic File System) - I can't remember my role in this game. I was basically worthless.
    • FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - I don't remember much about this one...Sorry FWD! I must've been a vanilla.
    • DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - I was a villager who was seered into a corrupt network. Through sheer paranoia and a bit of common sense, I rallied the good folk to kill FWD...who in turn stabbed me in the chest.
    • precisionk (Insane Asylum) - I was a villager who formed the ill-fated Spectre 5. I was stabbed in the neck by SenorFish (GorillaSalad) on day 1.
    • Saburbia (Haunted House) - I was just a regular guy during this game. Lasted a few days before I was killed...by something. I don't really remember.
    • PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - I joined in a few days into the game due to HylianBunny being inactive. I was a villager, but acted crazy and referred to my self as "we", implying that HylianBunny and I were the same person. I lived till the end of the game, where Grundl used a special item on me, causing me to grow Twin Cocks. :winky:
    • Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - I was one of the Lucavi. I had just previously tricked everyone and won the CoP game and was getting bandwagoned on day 1. I was able to talk my way into surviving until day 3.
    • Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - I was the Wraith! I tricked the goodguys into trusting me when I went on a 4 badguy killing spree over 5 days. On the last day, I killed the final villager to achieve the first neutral role victory in PA history.
    • EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - I was zapped on day 1, I think.
    • CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - I was a Ventrue (I think) with no special abilities. I outted my clan on day 1 and came up with a kickass plan (which Grundl used and worked like a charm.) but was met with a lot of "You're a douche!" and "why should we listen to you!" complainers and was bandwagoned to death on the first day, dispite having an awesome plan.
    • Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - I was a badass alien. I also got Infidel killed on day 2 or 3, who happened to be the Soldier (guardian). I was RNGed to death by an exploding person, thanks to the cultist.
    • RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - I was a villager. I happened to live till the last day, where I went a little crazy and tried a last ditch effort to save the day...that didn't quite work. I got one of my best roles in a narration from this game.
    • ElJeffe (Phalliad) - I was a villager. I was killed on the great massacre on day 3, thanks to RBB.
    • Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - Trying to remember this one....and I can't. I assume I played in it...and I assume that I was a villager....I think I may have lived till the end as well.

I've been in a ton more in D&D. Was also in Aroduc's G&T game, and Shankill's SE++ game.

I am known for my uncanny ability to find specials, as well as the first person to ever win a phalla as a neutral role.
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Phalliad - Died night three in the great attack.
    Soviet Phalla - Villager, didn't do a damn thing.
    Voyage to Phalla - I had a Tazer(1-shot vig), and I networked up with Buzz Buzz and Saburbia to bring the nasty aliens to their knees. I think I was responsible for taking down FWD at the end.
    V:tM - Assamite. GrimmyTOA and I brought the Sabbat (bad guys) to their knees, and almost won the game through a few shady deals. I could go on and on about what exactly happened this game (so insane), but it could be like a page.
    Phallanoia - Villager, Zapped night 2.
    Caves of Phalla - Villager, killed early on.
    Zodiac Phalla - Lucavi. Seered night one, and killed night 2.
    Phallopolis - Villager, Boxxored up night 3, released night 5, elected, and subsequently killed.
    Haunted Phalla - Shapeshifter, killed mid-game (somebody cheated IMO)
    Phalla Asylum - Octopus tattoo gang, teamed up with Ardor & Co to win in a massive victory.
    !BANG -Villager, stuck with a shitty item(didn't even pick it). inconsequential.
    Robot Phalla - Yellow Manager, was screwed with by the dead thread. (Cheeze!!!)
    Phalla Royal Mk 2 - Student with a handgun, had a hugely improbably death night one (like a 6% chance of dying without killing anyone)
    * Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Got a collar deactivator AND was able to deactivate collars w/ my role ability. Spent the entire game running around like a little bitch. Teamed up with Raakam and Visiblehowl, deactivated their collars and escaped with Raakam's map.
    * robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - I was the financier for the Deus Ex Machine. Spent a lot of money just to have someone sabotage our robot at the end.
    * Locus (Through The Greatwood) -First time being a vanillager in a while. Got killed by Niceguy Myeye.
    * Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - I was a bad guy and I was able to seer as innocent and infiltrate MrBlarney's network. I had a lot of fun arguing with PrecisionK and helping shut the church's control down. Unfortunately, I rotted away in prison.
    * Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - Guarded myself night 1, got attacked then my item went away. I was attacked again and died.
    * Last Son (super-alliances) - I was a special that had extra voting powers and I was able to tip off TehSpectre that we had the same role by dropping a few hints. Didn't do much good, was killed almost immediately afterwards.
    * thorgot (Democratic File System) - One of my favorites. I was a public runtime logger so I was able to figure out who was who when I knew who everyone was. Got lucky and got on a team with three guardians first night. Then I was invited onto DA's fake network, noticed he wasn't posting much in there and made a last minute vote change to him winning the game for us. It was quite epic.
    * FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - Was evil as hell, on a legendary evil team. We didn't lose anyone until the last night, some would tell of it as a "flawless victory". Sailor Moon hilarity.
    * DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - I was the poorest bastard in the game. Fortunately I was seered at the end and got on a network, otherwise I was more or less useless.
    * precisionk (Insane Asylum) - Signed up late for this one but I got in a few days later. Tried to act insane, managed to attract a kill even though I was a villager.
    * Saburbia (Haunted House) - Fun game, but was a normal villager.
    * PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - Another awesome game, ended up accidentally killing one of the stonecutters in my network (though I contest it was his own damn fault) then had to come out as the new network mouth piece. One of our specials was MIA for most of the game, making it impossible for us to activate our special event. We got a really lucky roll on the RNG effect item that was being passed around the last night and managed to barely defeat the confederation of evil and the infamous Gabriel Gates (who was masterfully played by Jdarksun).
    * Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - First phalla being evil, survived until the last day where I planned a fantastic suicide but ended up getting betrayed and dying an uneventful death.
    * Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - I was a villager, died fairly early on... before the who Tehspectre madness
    * EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - Died day 1 because I said I fucking hated the eagles
    * CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - Was encouraged to come out as a network mouthpiece since I was in one of the families. Ended up almost killing the seer on my first day, then proceeding to piss everyone off by PMing them ALL a message saying that I think they are evil and to prove themselves to me followed by the legendary killing of MrBlarney just as he joined the game.
    * Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - I was a villager. My first game being very active, I thought I made a lot of good judgements but they all ended up being wrong. I did guess that FWD was the last alien though (to Gnasty) and I was right.
    * RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - My first game and I was a villager. The very first vote of the game went to me and then a bandwagon started on me. The only thing that saved me was AcidSerra being a lunatic. Then I went on to survive the whole game just to lose to DA's trickery.
    * ElJeffe (Phalliad) - Just watched this one.
    * Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - I didn't play in this one
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Phalla Royale - intended to have as much fun with this as I did with the practice sessions, died a very early death because I tried to take out a gunner with a pick-axe(bad idea)
    Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - part of the blue team, which won, but I think that was mostly because of cheez's roboto leadership.
    Through The Greatwood - day 1 death, normal.
    French Revolution - normal, didn't contribute much.
    BANG! - day 1 death, normal.
    super-alliances - didn't enter.
    Democratic File System - part of the Vampire Virus group, which I don't think ended well.
    Space Station 13 - normal, I think.
    The Court of King Phallis - didn't enter?
    Insane Asylum - part of the bad guy group, and this was probably the toughest game imaginable to be that in.
    Haunted House - early death, I think.
    Comic Book Style - villain, and where I somehow got outed real fast, but had a blast with it.
    The Zodiac Phalla Story - The most stressful endgame I've ever been in, since I was the network mouthpiece, and somehow lived all the way to the end.
    The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla - normal, I think.
    Phallanoia - died day one, I think.
    Space Phalla - first time I was ever bandwagoned, and I tried frantically to get myself unbandwagoned, and failed miserably.
    Soviet Phalla - second phalla ever(my first was Aroduc's in G&T), thought I was part of the family specials, turned out I wasn't for some reason, died later on.
    Phalliad - didn't enter.
    Kingdoms of Phallacia - didn't enter.
    RotTK: I suspected what precisionk and Thorgot(both on the same team, pretending to be against each other) were up to, way too late, but they were both on my team anyway. (I had a lover role)
    Aes Sedai: I was so lost in this game.
    Artefacts: didn't keep up.
    Phalla Phalla: I still don't know how I lived until the end of that madness, but if it hadn't been for Ardor, our team(evil) would've won.
    Animorphs: After this game, I may never want to be a network head again. The bad guys(who were extremely clever) kept trying new schemes to prove me evil, and it was madness constantly having to counter their claims. We had something of an insta-network going, which was definitely overbalanced in our favor as an afterthought, but it all worked out in a way. (The bad guys won in the end, and they deserved it.)
    Zot wrote: »
    Zot's history (Not really in order):
    0. HylianBunny (Eternal Darkness) - YEAH YEAH I SCREWED UP SHUT THE HELL UP
    1. Infidel (Death Note) - Lived until day 5, didn't really do much. I got blow'd up
    2. Plutonium (A Song of Ice and Fire)- Lived until final day, didn't realize how a certain game mechanic worked.
    3. Squashua (PhalLOST)- The game where I manipulated Xevo pretty easily and did some cool stuff. Ended up getting resurrected once and lived to the last day.
    4. Ardor and MrBlarney (Phalla Royale)- The one where I was a hacker, did some tricky stuff (And shot) Embark and escaped the island first.
    5. robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - I was the white manager, and died day 2. Couldn't really do much because we were pretty much doomed from the start.
    7. Bliss101 (French Revolution) - The one where I can't really remember what happened. I think I won. Probably.
    8. Buzz Buzz (BANG!)- My first oDaM game, I joined in around day 4, and totally called Koan. Died in a duel with Koan.
    9. Shankill Butcher (The Stand) - Totally called like every one of the bad guys. Take that, Marx. Died I think day 2 or 3 from a high dosage of Bees.
    10. Green (Animorphs)- I don't know what the hell happened here, but apparently I was suspicious. Died day 1.
    11. Neville (Harry Potter) - My first game! Neutral character, chose the baddies. Accidentally did something suspicious and was bandwagoned second day. Outed myself pretending to be a good guy and swung the votes away but ended up being killed by my own team :(
    12. Robothero (Oregon Trail) - Joined in day 4 I think. Vigilante this game. Killed Green first, then moved on to kill 2 baddies in one night (sorta).

I'm missing a couple D&D ones im sure but those were so uneventful I don't remember them
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Likely in your best interest to not click...
    * Infidel (Death Note Phalla) - Asked to be the last reserve on quite a large list. I think I almost made it into the game regardless, but Near eventually killed the last few inactives instead of replacing them. I felt people didn't appreciate the Light chat monologue as much as they should've. I think it's pretty funny.

* Squashua (Lost Phalla) - Ahaha~ I put a lime exclamation point in the signup thread, but Squashua skipped over it. Upon learning the game likely had no penguins, I didn't bring it to his attention.

* Plutonium (Phalla of Ice and Fire) - Howland Reed. Had a pretty terrible skill, but used it to kill Rend. Proceeded to have my grand plans foiled by taking ten minutes to indulge in stupid free cake.

* Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Killed B:L with a small rock launched by a golf club from several miles away. Also led my team to the endgame, and had things set up to even take out robothero if the RNG went my way on a few rolls. Hakkekage shot me a lot, and I laughed at her misfortune. I could've partnered up with FWD and accomplished some amazing things, no doubt, but he didn't advertise the spork kill nearly enough.

* robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - Syndicate. I pegged a few of the fighters, but the game ultimately came down to super-ultra entire game network vs. syndicate and Phallax vs. Gundam, which of course ended up in favor of Japanese technology.

* Locus (Through The Greatwood) -Didn't do much. I put up a suspicion post that I detailed to Raakam I was hoping would hit the trifecta of villager, good special, bad guy, and ended up doing it. My continued inexplicable trust of Elendil struck true. Otherwise I was a sort of hybrid, but equally useless sheep.

* Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - The church doomed us from the start, as usual.

* Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - Died in a duel day one, entirely of my own doing. I thought I could moderately lean the odds towards the village side by getting the dead thread to hand items to my brother, but he was killed the next day, and was close to inactive anyway.

* Last Son (super-alliances) - Guu~

* thorgot (Democratic File System) - Uguu~

* FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - Angry I missed out on Sailor Moon phalla, but confident that my presence would have avoided that disaster.

* DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - Gaa~

* precisionk (Insane Asylum) - Octopus guy. Played a decent enough game, lived to the end and killed Precisionk in the final narration. Struck up one or two decent schemes, but not sure if we ever acted on them. Crazy-network helped things along. Strongly considered arranging things to kill Plutonium, who was on my own team.

* Saburbia (Haunted House) - Killed day one by some jerks, decided to blame Ardor.

* PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - Fufufu~

* Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - Killed day 1 by TehSpectre because I didn't make the archer abilities suck enough to be even more unworkable in a game than they were. I was very sad.

* Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - Defended Snacks on a Plane, and was completely and utterly correct. Killed on day 2. I think I used my dry sun analogy here, or some other flawless logic.

* EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - I implemented what I believe to be the first game of RPS into Phalla, through intermediary Gnasty, but lost to Mazlo, whose !Zap missed me. Was about the only villager to so much as question Squashua or Rygar, but most people looked at the game as little more than a zap fest, so it's understandable.

* CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - Plain Toreador. The only game I've really roleplayed, because I have a soft spot for vain, extravagant, overly verbose jerks. Mixed good play with terrible play.

* Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - Family member from Cleveland, successfully suspected Digger Dude and Munkus Beaver early on, but died to suicide bomber RNG in the middle of the game somewhere. Game was amusing because the whole city debacle really did end up pushing the network heavily in the right direction for a bunch of bad guys.

* VisibleHowl + ArrBeeBee (Soviet Phalla) - Villager, didn't actually accomplish much, but held one of my shining Phalla moments. I remember a night or two before the Eri blowup, I had an exchange with her regarding Devoutly Apathetic. DA 'came out' as the spy needing to hook up with the bad guys while Eri had the execution vote placed on him. I contacted DA acting as a bad guy, as any villager should have in that situation to keep him from his supposed objective, but also covered my bases by informing Lady Eri of my efforts. I suspected it was likely she was operating under the assumption that he was a good special, DA's reveal was just a measure to attempt to trap a dirty capitalist, and the execution vote would be removed at the last minute, as this would be the only useful course of action in the event DA really was a good guy. I recall fondly the response she gave me when I detailed my thought process on the matter - "I see..."
    At the end of the day, that did turn out to be the plan, but of course oh so many things went wrong.

* ElJeffe (Phalliad) - First game. Villager until I became a vigilante and joined the network fairly late in the game. I was really pretty terrible at picking out anybody of interest, but managed to act competently once in the network. Elendil voted for me on the last day of the game, and it was enough to kill me. Really, I should still be throwing grudge votes at him, but I tend to naturally think he's a good guy instead.
    I write entirely the hell too much.

Summary-I was generally a fan of Eri's presence, and I can't win a damn game of Rock Paper Scissors.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Post 4: Profit!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there still the option of using a second thread for the actual game, or is it strictly signups~>game thread now?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Zot's history (Not really in order):
    0. HylianBunny (Eternal Darkness) - YEAH YEAH I SCREWED UP SHUT THE HELL UP
    1. Infidel (Death Note) - Lived until day 5, didn't really do much. I got blow'd up
    2. Plutonium (A Song of Ice and Fire)- Lived until final day, didn't realize how a certain game mechanic worked.
    3. Squashua (PhalLOST)- The game where I manipulated Xevo pretty easily and did some cool stuff. Ended up getting resurrected once and lived to the last day.
    4. Ardor and MrBlarney (Phalla Royale)- The one where I was a hacker, did some tricky stuff (And shot) Embark and escaped the island first.
    5. robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - I was the white manager, and died day 2. Couldn't really do much because we were pretty much doomed from the start.
    7. Bliss101 (French Revolution) - The one where I can't really remember what happened. I think I won. Probably.
    8. Buzz Buzz (BANG!)- My first oDaM game, I joined in around day 4, and totally called Koan. Died in a duel with Koan.
    9. Shankill Butcher (The Stand) - Totally called like every one of the bad guys. Take that, Marx. Died I think day 2 or 3 from a high dosage of Bees.
    10. Green (Animorphs)- I don't know what the hell happened here, but apparently I was suspicious. Died day 1.
    11. Neville (Harry Potter) - My first game! Neutral character, chose the baddies. Accidentally did something suspicious and was bandwagoned second day. Outed myself pretending to be a good guy and swung the votes away but ended up being killed by my own team :(
    12. Robothero (Oregon Trail) - Joined in day 4 I think. Vigilante this game. Killed Green first, then moved on to kill 2 baddies in one night (sorta).

I'm missing a couple D&D ones im sure but those were so uneventful I don't remember them

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited November 2007
    History Lesson II
    cheez wrote: »
    Woo, I'm bored! Time to present my Phalla history and perspective.
    ODaM/CF games:

1. Saburbia (Haunted House) - First game, first evil role. Great game that was marred by several instances of metagamery. Lived through to the end of the game.

2. precisionk (Insane Asylum) - Villager who had no clue what the hell was going on. Lived until day 6 or 7 when half the remaining players got killed.

3. DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - Broke-ass noble who never managed to win any bids. Identified Plutonium as a bad guy but nobody listened to me because I was suspected myself. The network called a bandwagon down on me on the second to last day.

4. FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - I was the captain of the ill-fated station. It was an important role story-wise, but I really had no power of my own except for a protection that enabled me to survive the bomb that ended the game.

5. thorgot (Democratic File System) - Was a guardian-mason with FWD and robothero. Added Grundlterror and Infidel to our network based on logic that turned out false, but fortunately neither of them were evil. Turned out to be a damn good thing we did, because the game came down to those two and DA, an evil seer.

6. Last Son (super-alliances) - Villager who hooked up with another villager (jdarksun) day 1 to form an impromptu mason network. Got seered day 1 as well. Did a lot of work behind the scenes that allowed the village to bring down some of the more vocal baddies.

7. Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - I was a bad guy who had an extra kill of my own. We had a couple slip-ups, but I felt like we were in control of the game most of the way through. Died on the second to last day, and Zerinan, our compatriot, brought it home for us.

8. Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - Guardian-mason with MrBlarney for the Aristocracy. Got networked with the seer in no time flat. Our network was infiltrated by Grundlterror, a thrall, but it didn't matter because the Church had already screwed everyone over.

9. Locus (Through The Greatwood) - Member of a mason network that exercised far too much discretion. Every time we were finally ready to contact somebody, they died. We didn't live that long ourselves.

10. robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - Epic. I was the Blue Robot, Domo Arigato, and I was also elected MC three days straight based on my Beer & Wenches campaign and my narrative interviews. Got bandwagoned once the tournament started, but I didn't care because Drez, my opponent for the first round, had just died. Came back the next day and swept the rest. Killed the last two Syndicate members.

11. Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Member of the ultra-dominant Ohtori School. Our school was destroyed by the vote on two consecutive days because Bliss 101 and I both took our lovers down with us when we died. Survived until the second to last day.

12. Squashua (PhallLost) - Heh. I was the Evil Psychic. I got voted out on Day 3, but I managed to fully describe the mechanics of the game to the village before I did, rather than allow the Greats to feed them just enough to keep them in line. Then a few days after that I got resurrected, then killed, then resurrected, then killed, then resurrected, then killed. So, uh, technically I survived until the second to last day.

13. Plutonium (Phalla of Ice and Fire) - I was Qyburn the Necromancer, which was just too damned funny given my newly established reputation for resurrection. I was the Lannister seer, and I connected with Grundlterror, another Lannister, on Day 2. On Day 3, I was going to verify TehSpectre, a Lannister, but I was killed by DA, a Lannister. Yeah, our team shot itself in the foot a couple times, or we would have dominated.

14. Infidel (Death Note Phalla) - Villager. Had no clue what was going on with all the events, but I at least managed to lead a bandwagon against an outed evil before I died.

D&D games:

1. tuxkamen (Ad Astra per Phalla) [concurrent with The Court of King Phallis] - Thompsonite Slaver (evil). Had a blast with this one. We destroyed our rival evils before any of us were touched. Lost a teammate to inactivity and two to bandwagons near the end of the game, but I survived unscathed and snagged the win for us. The awesome narrations made it all the sweeter.

2. visiblehowl + DevoutlyApathetic (Phallian Phalla) [concurrent with Super-Alliances] - My role was Grundlterror and I was killed by Grundlterror on day 1. Woohoo, irony.

3. Cantide (The Legend of Phalla) [concurrent with Through the Greatwood] - I was a vigilante. Pegged a bad guy on the second to last day, which would have been the last day otherwise. Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly enough to salvage the game by then.

4. Richy (Artifact Phalla) [concurrent with Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition] - Villager. Never had any artifacts, although I was offered one of the evil artifacts late in the game. It was pretty clear that the good network had control of things by that point.

5. ElJeffe (Phalla Arcade/Something Phallic) [concurrent with PhallLost] - I was a really weird special in this game. My votes counted negative. This made it really hard for me to make a case against somebody, because then I'd have to vote for something else. Regardless, the bad guys were underpowered and they never got around to killing me.

6. robothero + thorgot (Oregon Trail) [concurrent with A Phalla of Ice and Fire] - Subbed in on Day 1 for a bandit. DA, the seer, felt bad about killing me in APoIaF, so he seered me. Then got me killed. Again. But we won anyway. Oh, and I was also a cat. Huh?

I love seeing all these various personal histories on the past games. We're getting some interesting Rashomon effects on some of them.

Edit: Knew I was forgetting something. Added ElJeffe's.
    thorgot wrote: »
    1. Infidel (Death Note) - subbed in, died shortly thereafter.
    2. Ardor and MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Died the first day because of (1) Ardor's mistake, and (2) the fact that I was carrying dynamite, which I guess was a "KICK ME" sign with KILL instead of KICK.
    3. robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - THE SYNDICATE SHALL RISE AGAIN.
    4. Last Son (super-alliances) - I had a few extra votes, or something. I might have been in a group of masons, too; the vague role PM didn't make it clear.
    5. thorgot (Democratic File System) - :3
    6. PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - PL, as an act of revenge I suspect, made me a monster for the very first time. The superheroes were overpowered, but we put up a good fight. The neutral (?) group made things interesting.
    7. RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - Began my long political career. Attempted to root out the capitalists on the politiburo. Managed to not find any, because there were none elected. Oops!
    8. ElJeffe (Phalliad) - Killed very early by the spies.
    9. Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - Damn it, Psycholarry.
    10. D&D: Cthulu - survived very long as a villager. I'm pretty sure everybody went mad. Great narrations. I still had a space in my name.
    11. D&D: McCarthyism - a sacrificial guardian, with Marx, protecting Aroduc. But this is not what we were told. So fun was had by neither the patriots nor the people they were protecting.
    12. D&D: Phallaponnesian War - Poor, crazy Dynagrip's game was interrupted by the great server outage. I was a guardian, of course.
    13. D&D: Artifact - I pretended to be a thrall in order to finish off one of the monster groups. And then Nerissa was jealous of my insane power (I was basically invincible), so she had me killed off.
    14. D&D: Cass (Castle) - Aroduc made the mistake of pretending to be a mason to me. When several people demanded I give up the name of this mason, and I reluctantly did so, they voted me off anyways instead of him. And then Choco, who "happened" to be the wraith, just "happened" to find the last monster.
    15. G&T: Romance of the Three Kingdoms - dominated the game with precisionk, who the gullible thought was my rival. Let me tell you, if there's something more fun than playing with precisionk, it's scheming with him. So many last second order and vote changes made this an easy win for our team.
    Shamus wrote: »
    1. Infidel (Death Note) - Killed Night 1, mostly because I was insulted nobody voted for me Night 1. The bad guys helped me with this problem.
    3. Squashua (PhalLOST) - Survived until the last night, converted Evil night 1. Had a blast with this game, mostly because it was fun debating with the Good side.
    4. Ardor and MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Gunned down jdarksun before got stabbed and choked.
    10. thorgot (Democratic File System) - Felt totally useless in this game, killed early on.
    11. FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - Security Officer, killed Night 4.
    13. precisionk (Insane Asylum) - Conjoined Twin Seer. Joined Ardor, B:L, Plutonium, a few others, in generally controlling shit and ensuring the bad guys won.
    14. Saburbia (Haunted House) - Poltergeist. Made the mistake of revealing I knew too much about the mechanics, killed by my rivla, DA.
    15. PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - Chucked into the sun for being endorsed by a naked Burt Reynolds.
    16. Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - Goltana. Got myself and B:L killed for claiming to be the same role, probably cost Goltana the game, looking back.
    17. Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - Had the Giant Magnet. Was also TehSpectre's anchor to the mortal world.
    18. EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - Villager, killed first night in the zap fest.
    19. CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - Neutral Giovanni. Gave the Sabbat all the Camarilla's information. Killed by Kue-jin.
    21. RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - Capitalist pig.
    22. ElJeffe (Phalliad) - Killed by the vote towards the end, due to not being in the network.
    23. Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - Killed for inactivity. Sword through the ass.
    24. Pokemon (Don't remember who ran it) - My first Phalla. I was an evil slowbro.
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    My history, mostly. In chronological order. Mostly.

The Shades of Newham (D&D): I was a pretty darn accurate seer, pegging a vigilante and two cultists. Unfortunately, my co-seer an_alt was accurate but misinformed, and therefore a cultist was presented to him as innocent. Cyclopean hijinks ensued.

Red Scare (D&D): I was a miller in this one. I tried to help the FBI by attempting to get in with the Commies and sell them out, but they didn't bite and I was arrested.

New York (D&D): As an NYPD mole working under Don werehippy, my FBI counterpart Elendil and I tore through the good specials thanks to a slightly flawed villager plan. The seer (Dynagrip, of tard-homping fame) managed to get Elendil before falling to the Don's intelligence, and we somehow managed to shimmy and flim-flam our family into a position of wealth and power. TuxCo olive oil is sold in Jersey even today.

Sicily (D&D): My first foray into narrations, helping Shinto by narrating the last few days. Turned a mini-Phalla into a maxi.

Wait, that didn't sound right. Anyway, Mafia won this one too.

Phallaponnesian (D&D): Died, unfortunately (the Phalla, not me). It was going well, too. I think I was a plain ol' village idiot, though.

The Mole (D&D): Hoo boy. :) I was the Director Mole, with a one-time insta-kill. Unfortunately our team was not as coordinated as it could have been, and a couple of little mistakes on our parts probably cost us the ultimate victory. Also, boo on conversions. :)

The Phalliad (oDaM): I got III'd.

Soviet Phalla (oDaM): A villager Commie, I was first irritated at Eri's take-my-ball-and-go-home, then got alarmed at how much Jeffe was backing me up. By the time I laid out my theories, the game was more or less shot for us.

Voyage to Phalla (oDaM): I think I was a plain ol'.

V:tM Phalla (oDaM): I was a Brujah in this one. At first I sat on my can for a few days, then got proactive and more or less forced my way into Ardor's confidence. That + getting access to the results of Grundl's plan + Ardor's freaky deal skills = Camarilla victory.

Caves of Phalla (oDaM): Poetry lead to my very, very, very quick death.

Zodiac Phalla (oDaM): Let's see...I was a Goltana brother. I joined forces with my Larg brother, Ardor as Larg ninja, and Buzz Buzz as Larg Time Mage. I think Larg won eventually, so go me? Also threw in a narration for one night.

Phallopolis (oDaM): Agents of B.L.A.S.T., assemble! Our trio of T's (Typhus, Threelemmings, and myself) helped gather the heroes (though, not quite all of them!) for a rousing victory. Also, we had a device.

Les Miserables (D&D): Le miserable.

Witch Trials (D&D): I was a child here, and didn't play very well at all, I must say. Village barely won.

Ad Astra Per Phalla (D&D): My first hosted game. In paperback November 25th.

SS13 (oDaM): Here I was in a 'family' team who lived just long enough to kill a couple of folks before all dying ourselves. We got utterly smoked.

Heroes (SE++): Kind of funny. Working with Ardor, the first version was me as honey-voiced Mohinder (seer) and he as Sylar (nom nom nom). After the reset, I ended up working for Linderman and Ardor was Peter (anti-nom nom nom). We ended up winning by boom.

DFS (oDaM): I was a virus (bad guy) in this, but my power was pretty terrible (a patriot--not the best role for a bad guy).

Phallian Phalla (D&D): I was Ardor! Result: See sig. :)

Legend of Phalla (D&D): I died early. It was a very low-key game, as I recall...

Phalla Royale (oDaM): I died (twice, if you're in the know).

Phalla Arcade (D&D): Here I was an alt, and did some detective work, but the good guys had this one well in hand.

PhalLOST (oDaM): I guess I was a neutral female vote manipulator.

Death Note (CF): YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON, MACSPECTRE, AND ONE DAY YOU'RE GOING TO GET WHAT'S COMING TO YOU!

B:L wrote: »

A History Lesson III:
    Squashua wrote:
    - Kingdoms of Phallacia
    My very first game; I was on the evil team with TehSpectre and AbysmalLynx. AcidSerra, who was also evil, but on the opposing team PM'd me a weird message on Day 1, which freaked me out so I got us both killed by the good guys. This is also where I earned my bad necroposting rep.
    - Phalliad
    Just a very talkative soldier who was killed by the bad guys.
    - Space Phalla
    I was a Hindu who exploited the religious background loophole to create a network. An examination PM'd home towns led to a near-complete list of alien bad guys, which I publicized. TehSpectre, an Alien, thought I infiltrated the alien proboards, which I hadn't, so they killed me.
    - Vampire: Masquerade
    As my first true special role, a Malkavian (crazy seer), I noted that Drez was acting very evil and denying all the really good ideas he used for the good guys in the Space Phalla. I called him hypocritical and he completely shit his pants. Then I rubbed it in and got killed by his team. It took the village a while to actually kill Drez, vindicating my most awesome detective skills.
    - Phallanoia
    I was a commie here and should have been bandwagoned from the prior game, but I got my team to use their fake lasers to "zap" me, which let me survive and set-up a fake "good guy network" when I claimed to be a "Registered Mutant" that had a % immunity to zaps. It helped to have had a lot of personal experience with the Paranoia game to rape the background for cover. Teamed with a converted commie Rygar "Seer" and a scammed Guardian robothero to lead the commies to victory. My personal epic win, all things considered.
    - The Kingdom of Phalla
    I think I died early in this one. It was not notable to me.
    - Comic Book Style
    Completely missed the sign-ups and came in as a replacement; ended up as the Valkrye super-hero and managed to not get killed and survived till the end for the win. Then Psycholarry bequeathed TehSpectre's surviving villager role (Teh was also a replacement) 2 super-dicks and our characters made sweet, sweet love for the final narration.
    - Haunted House
    Spent a lot of time making avatars for everyone, and I think I was killed in round two, then lost track of the game.
    - Insane Asylum Phalla
    Not only did I use the Indian Chief for my avatar... I received his role. Then I spent his action quite early before I realized how valuable his mechanic was, and got lobotomized.
    - Space Station 13
    I replaced the ever-to-be-future-phalla-blacklisted Doug Grammar late in the game, had no idea what was going on, and ended up as the sole surviving good guy; was sodomized and sold into slavery.
    - Democratic File System
    Was evil-teamed with my mortal enemy, visiblehowl, and ended up whacked on night 2 for no good reason.
    - super-alliances / Phallacian Comples
    Was killed night one; was not notable; stopped paying attention.
    - BANG!
    Damned FunkyWaltDogg got me killed for no other reason than he had to leave for PAX. Buzz Buzz was kind enough to run me out of town instead, and let me write my own narrations. In them, I joined the ill-fated Donner party.
    - French Revolution
    Was the royal assassin, but was killed on night 1 in a duel for no good reason.
    - Through The Greatwood
    Was a loyal soldier of the Gray Wolf and got murdered. Also was the first one to publicly "get" the title of this Phalla.
    - Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition
    I had no idea what was going on here, but I was my team's promoter, which really didn't do much for me, technical-wise. I made some killer bets though, but kept getting robbed. :(
    - Phalla Royale
    I attended this Phalla and got in good with my high school, but ended up dead after day 3.
    - PhalLOST
    I am never running a Phalla this huge and crazy ALONE again. Holy shit. Also, people hate conversions; I should have stuck with my original, cannibal theme.
    - A Song of Ice and Fire
    This Phalla allowed me to understand why some people don't play Phallas with themes that are not familiar to them. Turned out I was the bad guy leader or something (Lannister House!), and my unfamiliarity with the setting and available characters led to my demise.
    - Death Note
    I was a villager who proposed a crazy idea about players having to actually write the target name in their post. It was wrong, but it got me electrocuted.
    - Eternal Darkness
    I played, but I can't remember what happened in this game. Maybe it's best my brain is blocking it out as that way may lead to insanity.
    - Disgaea
    Again, another example of a theme game that I had no clue about. I was on the evil team and totally pooched it for us by accidentally posting "Locus" instead of "Infidel", which got us targeted. Of course, I was told I was dead anyway, so whatever. :)
    - Venture Bros.
    I played Dr. Venture. For no reason other than I wanted to be a goofball, I revealed this fact to Zot, who pointed the finger at me and got me killed. Before I revealed, I had no idea that other characters hinged on my existence, as they hadn't yet told me. Whoops. Still, I put off my death for a little bit, and completely distracted the game from the other shit my team was pulling, which got us the victory.
    - Christmas Phalla
    I ran this 6-hour round game over 2 days for Christmas, and Locus co-hosted. It's a prime example why not to run over a holiday; inactivity won it for the bad guys.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, I remember there was the earlier option of PMing him if we wanted an additional thread, but that works too.

Ok, just noticed your modification to the rules; never mind.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited November 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Well, I remember there was the earlier option of PMing him if we wanted an additional thread, but that works too.

Ok, just noticed your modification to the rules; never mind.

Well, that's for games which require two threads. The signup would have to be one of those two threads, still.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • MantorokMantorok Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hylianbunny !signs up for one of the main games, waaaay at the bottom of the list.

I'm sure by then I'll think of a theme.

Mantorok on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Signups for Star Trek: Vendetta miniphalla are up!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=3539251#post3539251

get em now while supplies last!

Rend on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, awesome. New super thread time. Will edit in history shortly.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Likely in your best interest to not click...
    * Infidel (Death Note Phalla) - Asked to be the last reserve on quite a large list. I think I almost made it into the game regardless, but Near eventually killed the last few inactives instead of replacing them. I felt people didn't appreciate the Light chat monologue as much as they should've. I think it's pretty funny.

* Squashua (Lost Phalla) - Ahaha~ I put a lime exclamation point in the signup thread, but Squashua skipped over it. Upon learning the game likely had no penguins, I didn't bring it to his attention.

* Plutonium (Phalla of Ice and Fire) - Howland Reed. Had a pretty terrible skill, but used it to kill Rend. Proceeded to have my grand plans foiled by taking ten minutes to indulge in stupid free cake.

* Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Killed B:L with a small rock launched by a golf club from several miles away. Also led my team to the endgame, and had things set up to even take out robothero if the RNG went my way on a few rolls. Hakkekage shot me a lot, and I laughed at her misfortune. I could've partnered up with FWD and accomplished some amazing things, no doubt, but he didn't advertise the spork kill nearly enough.

* robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - Syndicate. I pegged a few of the fighters, but the game ultimately came down to super-ultra entire game network vs. syndicate and Phallax vs. Gundam, which of course ended up in favor of Japanese technology.

* Locus (Through The Greatwood) -Didn't do much. I put up a suspicion post that I detailed to Raakam I was hoping would hit the trifecta of villager, good special, bad guy, and ended up doing it. My continued inexplicable trust of Elendil struck true. Otherwise I was a sort of hybrid, but equally useless sheep.

* Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - The church doomed us from the start, as usual.

* Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - Died in a duel day one, entirely of my own doing. I thought I could moderately lean the odds towards the village side by getting the dead thread to hand items to my brother, but he was killed the next day, and was close to inactive anyway.

* Last Son (super-alliances) - Guu~

* thorgot (Democratic File System) - Uguu~

* FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - Angry I missed out on Sailor Moon phalla, but confident that my presence would have avoided that disaster.

* DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - Gaa~

* precisionk (Insane Asylum) - Octopus guy. Played a decent enough game, lived to the end and killed Precisionk in the final narration. Struck up one or two decent schemes, but not sure if we ever acted on them. Crazy-network helped things along. Strongly considered arranging things to kill Plutonium, who was on my own team.

* Saburbia (Haunted House) - Killed day one by some jerks, decided to blame Ardor.

* PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - Fufufu~

* Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - Killed day 1 by TehSpectre because I didn't make the archer abilities suck enough to be even more unworkable in a game than they were. I was very sad.

* Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - Defended Snacks on a Plane, and was completely and utterly correct. Killed on day 2. I think I used my dry sun analogy here, or some other flawless logic.

* EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - I implemented what I believe to be the first game of RPS into Phalla, through intermediary Gnasty, but lost to Mazlo, whose !Zap missed me. Was about the only villager to so much as question Squashua or Rygar, but most people looked at the game as little more than a zap fest, so it's understandable.

* CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - Plain Toreador. The only game I've really roleplayed, because I have a soft spot for vain, extravagant, overly verbose jerks. Mixed good play with terrible play.

* Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - Family member from Cleveland, successfully suspected Digger Dude and Munkus Beaver early on, but died to suicide bomber RNG in the middle of the game somewhere. Game was amusing because the whole city debacle really did end up pushing the network heavily in the right direction for a bunch of bad guys.

* VisibleHowl + ArrBeeBee (Soviet Phalla) - Villager, didn't actually accomplish much, but held one of my shining Phalla moments. I remember a night or two before the Eri blowup, I had an exchange with her regarding Devoutly Apathetic. DA 'came out' as the spy needing to hook up with the bad guys while Eri had the execution vote placed on him. I contacted DA acting as a bad guy, as any villager should have in that situation to keep him from his supposed objective, but also covered my bases by informing Lady Eri of my efforts. I suspected it was likely she was operating under the assumption that he was a good special, DA's reveal was just a measure to attempt to trap a dirty capitalist, and the execution vote would be removed at the last minute, as this would be the only useful course of action in the event DA really was a good guy. I recall fondly the response she gave me when I detailed my thought process on the matter - "I see..."
    At the end of the day, that did turn out to be the plan, but of course oh so many things went wrong.

* ElJeffe (Phalliad) - First game. Villager until I became a vigilante and joined the network fairly late in the game. I was really pretty terrible at picking out anybody of interest, but managed to act competently once in the network. Elendil voted for me on the last day of the game, and it was enough to kill me. Really, I should still be throwing grudge votes at him, but I tend to naturally think he's a good guy instead.
    I write entirely the hell too much.

Summary-I was generally a fan of Eri's presence, and I can't win a damn game of Rock Paper Scissors.

Frosteey on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I switched my theme from Bioshock to SAW.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That was a terrible decision.

I say this merely to be informative.

Seriously on
    edited November 2007

If you can make a unique and playable game from the BioShock universe, go for it.

It's not like I can send someone a PM saying "You are.....a Big Daddy! I don't really know why no one else has noticed you're in a giant suit of armor and have a drill hand, but sure enough, they can't tell!"

SAW works out much better and I can at least make some unique gameplay elements.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you can make a unique and playable game from the BioShock universe, go for it.

It's not like I can send someone a PM saying "You are.....a Big Daddy! I don't really know why no one else has noticed you're in a giant suit of armor and have a drill hand, but sure enough, they can't tell!"

SAW works out much better and I can at least make some unique gameplay elements.
    Hmm....Take DarkPrimus's currency system to bid on using plasmids, divide the village into Fontaine/Ryan factions that try and blow the hell out each other?

Not exactly a Phalla though.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Hey if I could make games I probably would have at this point. I just don't like SAW is all.

Might try to organize a mini sometime though.

Seriously on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2007
    i'm so stoked to run Belarus miniphalla.

in soviet russia, everyone is winner!

Unknown User on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I really want to switch to a venture bros phalla, I have a great idea on how to set it up.

The mafia one I don't have a clue about except for a few unique mechanics (which haven't been tested at all yet).

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you sign up can you ask to be taken off later if you can't do it?

M.D. on
    edited November 2007
    The Phalla Police will come to your door if you don't honour your game commitments.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Woo, I'm bored! Time to present my Phalla history and perspective.
    ODaM/CF games:

1. Saburbia (Haunted House) - First game, first evil role. Great game that was marred by several instances of metagamery. Lived through to the end of the game.

2. precisionk (Insane Asylum) - Villager who had no clue what the hell was going on. Lived until day 6 or 7 when half the remaining players got killed.

3. DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - Broke-ass noble who never managed to win any bids. Identified Plutonium as a bad guy but nobody listened to me because I was suspected myself. The network called a bandwagon down on me on the second to last day.

4. FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - I was the captain of the ill-fated station. It was an important role story-wise, but I really had no power of my own except for a protection that enabled me to survive the bomb that ended the game.

5. thorgot (Democratic File System) - Was a guardian-mason with FWD and robothero. Added Grundlterror and Infidel to our network based on logic that turned out false, but fortunately neither of them were evil. Turned out to be a damn good thing we did, because the game came down to those two and DA, an evil seer.

6. Last Son (super-alliances) - Villager who hooked up with another villager (jdarksun) day 1 to form an impromptu mason network. Got seered day 1 as well. Did a lot of work behind the scenes that allowed the village to bring down some of the more vocal baddies.

7. Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - I was a bad guy who had an extra kill of my own. We had a couple slip-ups, but I felt like we were in control of the game most of the way through. Died on the second to last day, and Zerinan, our compatriot, brought it home for us.

8. Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - Guardian-mason with MrBlarney for the Aristocracy. Got networked with the seer in no time flat. Our network was infiltrated by Grundlterror, a thrall, but it didn't matter because the Church had already screwed everyone over.

9. Locus (Through The Greatwood) - Member of a mason network that exercised far too much discretion. Every time we were finally ready to contact somebody, they died. We didn't live that long ourselves.

10. robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - Epic. I was the Blue Robot, Domo Arigato, and I was also elected MC three days straight based on my Beer & Wenches campaign and my narrative interviews. Got bandwagoned once the tournament started, but I didn't care because Drez, my opponent for the first round, had just died. Came back the next day and swept the rest. Killed the last two Syndicate members.

11. Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Member of the ultra-dominant Ohtori School. Our school was destroyed by the vote on two consecutive days because Bliss 101 and I both took our lovers down with us when we died. Survived until the second to last day.

12. Squashua (PhallLost) - Heh. I was the Evil Psychic. I got voted out on Day 3, but I managed to fully describe the mechanics of the game to the village before I did, rather than allow the Greats to feed them just enough to keep them in line. Then a few days after that I got resurrected, then killed, then resurrected, then killed, then resurrected, then killed. So, uh, technically I survived until the second to last day.

13. Plutonium (Phalla of Ice and Fire) - I was Qyburn the Necromancer, which was just too damned funny given my newly established reputation for resurrection. I was the Lannister seer, and I connected with Grundlterror, another Lannister, on Day 2. On Day 3, I was going to verify TehSpectre, a Lannister, but I was killed by DA, a Lannister. Yeah, our team shot itself in the foot a couple times, or we would have dominated.

14. Infidel (Death Note Phalla) - Villager. Had no clue what was going on with all the events, but I at least managed to lead a bandwagon against an outed evil before I died.

D&D games:

1. tuxkamen (Ad Astra per Phalla) [concurrent with The Court of King Phallis] - Thompsonite Slaver (evil). Had a blast with this one. We destroyed our rival evils before any of us were touched. Lost a teammate to inactivity and two to bandwagons near the end of the game, but I survived unscathed and snagged the win for us. The awesome narrations made it all the sweeter.

2. visiblehowl + DevoutlyApathetic (Phallian Phalla) [concurrent with Super-Alliances] - My role was Grundlterror and I was killed by Grundlterror on day 1. Woohoo, irony.

3. Cantide (The Legend of Phalla) [concurrent with Through the Greatwood] - I was a vigilante. Pegged a bad guy on the second to last day, which would have been the last day otherwise. Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly enough to salvage the game by then.

4. Richy (Artifact Phalla) [concurrent with Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition] - Villager. Never had any artifacts, although I was offered one of the evil artifacts late in the game. It was pretty clear that the good network had control of things by that point.

5. ElJeffe (Phalla Arcade/Something Phallic) [concurrent with PhallLost] - I was a really weird special in this game. My votes counted negative. This made it really hard for me to make a case against somebody, because then I'd have to vote for something else. Regardless, the bad guys were underpowered and they never got around to killing me.

6. robothero + thorgot (Oregon Trail) [concurrent with A Phalla of Ice and Fire] - Subbed in on Day 1 for a bandit. DA, the seer, felt bad about killing me in APoIaF, so he seered me. Then got me killed. Again. But we won anyway. Oh, and I was also a cat. Huh?

I love seeing all these various personal histories on the past games. We're getting some interesting Rashomon effects on some of them.

Edit: Knew I was forgetting something. Added ElJeffe's.

cheez on
  • MantorokMantorok Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My next theme is (extremely tentatively) Trauma Center.

Mantorok on
    edited November 2007
    1. Infidel (Death Note) - subbed in, died shortly thereafter.
    2. Ardor and MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Died the first day because of (1) Ardor's mistake, and (2) the fact that I was carrying dynamite, which I guess was a "KICK ME" sign with KILL instead of KICK.
    3. robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - THE SYNDICATE SHALL RISE AGAIN.
    4. Last Son (super-alliances) - I had a few extra votes, or something. I might have been in a group of masons, too; the vague role PM didn't make it clear.
    5. thorgot (Democratic File System) - :3
    6. PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - PL, as an act of revenge I suspect, made me a monster for the very first time. The superheroes were overpowered, but we put up a good fight. The neutral (?) group made things interesting.
    7. RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - Began my long political career. Attempted to root out the capitalists on the politiburo. Managed to not find any, because there were none elected. Oops!
    8. ElJeffe (Phalliad) - Killed very early by the spies.
    9. Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - Damn it, Psycholarry.
    10. D&D: Cthulu - survived very long as a villager. I'm pretty sure everybody went mad. Great narrations. I still had a space in my name.
    11. D&D: McCarthyism - a sacrificial guardian, with Marx, protecting Aroduc. But this is not what we were told. So fun was had by neither the patriots nor the people they were protecting.
    12. D&D: Phallaponnesian War - Poor, crazy Dynagrip's game was interrupted by the great server outage. I was a guardian, of course.
    13. D&D: Artifact - I pretended to be a thrall in order to finish off one of the monster groups. And then Nerissa was jealous of my insane power (I was basically invincible), so she had me killed off.
    14. D&D: Cass (Castle) - Aroduc made the mistake of pretending to be a mason to me. When several people demanded I give up the name of this mason, and I reluctantly did so, they voted me off anyways instead of him. And then Choco, who "happened" to be the wraith, just "happened" to find the last monster.
    15. G&T: Romance of the Three Kingdoms - dominated the game with precisionk, who the gullible thought was my rival. Let me tell you, if there's something more fun than playing with precisionk, it's scheming with him. So many last second order and vote changes made this an easy win for our team.

If you want a list to fill in:
    1. Infidel (Death Note) -
    2. Plutonium (A Song of Ice and Fire) -
    3. Squashua (PhalLOST) -
    4. Ardor and MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) -
    5. robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) -
    6. Locus (Through The Greatwood) -
    7. Bliss101 (French Revolution) -
    8. Buzz Buzz (BANG!) -
    9. Last Son (super-alliances) -
    10. thorgot (Democratic File System) -
    11. FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) -
    12. DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) -
    13. precisionk (Insane Asylum) -
    14. Saburbia (Haunted House) -
    15. PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) -
    16. Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) -
    17. Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) -
    18. EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) -
    19. CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) -
    20. Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) -
    21. RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) -
    22. ElJeffe (Phalliad) -
    23. Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) -

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    1. Infidel (Death Note) - Killed Night 1, mostly because I was insulted nobody voted for me Night 1. The bad guys helped me with this problem.
    3. Squashua (PhalLOST) - Survived until the last night, converted Evil night 1. Had a blast with this game, mostly because it was fun debating with the Good side.
    4. Ardor and MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Gunned down jdarksun before got stabbed and choked.
    10. thorgot (Democratic File System) - Felt totally useless in this game, killed early on.
    11. FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - Security Officer, killed Night 4.
    13. precisionk (Insane Asylum) - Conjoined Twin Seer. Joined Ardor, B:L, Plutonium, a few others, in generally controlling shit and ensuring the bad guys won.
    14. Saburbia (Haunted House) - Poltergeist. Made the mistake of revealing I knew too much about the mechanics, killed by my rivla, DA.
    15. PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - Chucked into the sun for being endorsed by a naked Burt Reynolds.
    16. Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - Goltana. Got myself and B:L killed for claiming to be the same role, probably cost Goltana the game, looking back.
    17. Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - Had the Giant Magnet. Was also TehSpectre's anchor to the mortal world.
    18. EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - Villager, killed first night in the zap fest.
    19. CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - Neutral Giovanni. Gave the Sabbat all the Camarilla's information. Killed by Kue-jin.
    21. RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - Capitalist pig.
    22. ElJeffe (Phalliad) - Killed by the vote towards the end, due to not being in the network.
    23. Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - Killed for inactivity. Sword through the ass.
    24. Pokemon (Don't remember who ran it) - My first Phalla. I was an evil slowbro.

Shamus on
    edited November 2007
    Shamus wrote: »

Oh god, I remember that. That was one of the two games started near the beginning of oDaM's life, along with the first Death Note game. The Death Note game was incredibly unbalanced, but the pokemon game was pretty fun. Snooty Legendary Bird turned out to be evil, right?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited November 2007
    throgot wrote:
    Phallaponnesian War - Poor, crazy Dynagrip's game was interrupted by the great server outage. I was a guardian, of course.
    Ah, I think that was my first game. I was a vanilla, but I was the one who started a bandwagon on Titmouse a few days into the game. It was interrupted by the server outage, but I was correct and would have taken down my first badguy.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jeez, I want a giant history of phallas I've been in like you cool kids... :(

Rend on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thorgot clearly hates me, as he blames all his failings on me.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That totally screws me up PsychoLarry.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    somebody do another Robot Phalla

and another Phalla Royale

I'd host one of these if it weren't for the fact I want to play them.

Obbi on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Obbi wrote: »
    somebody do another Robot Phalla

and another Phalla Royale

I'd host one of these if it weren't for the fact I want to play them.

MrBlarney, Plutonium and I are looking at December for for PR, the SE++ Island, but we'll have to check with Bogey again about availability to see if it'll even work.

Ardor on
    edited November 2007
    I should rebalance the robot phalla and hire a legion of goons to vote tally and do narrations

Unknown User on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll Post A History Later On.

Might Take Several Posts To Complete Though. D:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

What ale you doing, youl not clazy hele.

Anyhow, before I sign up for a main phalla would it be wise to run a mini first so I get used to how to run a phalla?

M.D. on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

What ale you doing, youl not clazy hele.

Anyhow, before I sign up for a main phalla would it be wise to run a mini first so I get used to how to run a phalla?

A more popular idea, potentially more practical as well, is to co-host with someone or have someone co-host with you.

I ran tests not to familiarize myself with hosting, but to make sure I didn't miss something obvious to make the game suck and be no fun for example.

Ardor on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Moderator-approved rule: No practical joke games. If the game is unexpectedly unbalanced, that's one thing, but don't waste our time on purpose.

I feel as if this is talking to me specifically

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited November 2007
    Maybe you should have read the rules before running your game then eh? :P

Unknown User on
    edited November 2007
    Blasphemy.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
This discussion has been closed.