As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Karaoke night at PAX West

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited June 2016 in Social Entropy++
So PAX, right? PAX west is coming up in a couple short months and it's become a tradition to do a big group karaoke night.
We have traditionally gone to the Rock Box up the hill which has been a very good venue because we can get a private party room for all of us.

However, my favorite karaoke in Seattle has recently become Baby Ketten Karaoke, because they have just a ridiculously huge song list with obscure stuff you won't find anywhere else. They are always adding new songs as well. The problem was that they only did events at bars. But now they actually have a private room set up that can hold up to 50 people with fog and lasers and everything. The price is comparable to Rock Box.

The one downside of it is that it's a bit further away from the convention center. It's about a 15 minute drive as opposed to about 8.

I've been talking with @neville since he's the one that books and pays for the karaoke parties the last couple years and we want to get your input on where you'd like to do the karaoke this year.

If you're curious, both places have a searchable song list on the web, so you can check to see which places have the songs you want. I can tell you right now though, that Baby Ketten has the theme song from Tale Spin but Rock Box doesn't.

http://www.rockboxseattle.com/songsearch.html
http://www.gingerbreadpatriots.com/bkk/bkksongswa.html

Take a look and vote which you'd like to do.

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on

Karaoke night at PAX West 12 votes

Baby Ketten
100%
LarlarShortyThe Geek#pipeMunkus BeaverErin The RedBendery It Like BeckhamrhylithTonkkagodmodeRorshach KringleRomanian My Escutcheon 12 votes
Rock Box
0%

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Whichever one will allow you to stream it so that the rest of us louses who can't go to PAX West can enjoy you all singing your hearts out.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Baby Ketten
    Karaoke is pretty much my favourite thing about PAX so I'll be happy to chip in as well.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Baby Ketten
    I'm down with something new and further from the convention center, especially if we do this on a Friday or Saturday.

THE CROWDS.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Baby Ketten
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I'm down with something new and further from the convention center, especially if we do this on a Friday or Saturday.

THE CROWDS.

I believe we've traditionally done it on Sunday night, but that doesn't mean we have to.

BLM - ACAB
    Baby Ketten
    Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention

Baby Ketten has this song available:

https://youtu.be/o0u4M6vppCI

BLM - ACAB
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Baby Ketten
    Also I've never done it at Rock Box.

The two times I went it was at that Tiki bar. I got super drunk both times.

Baby Ketten
    #pipe wrote: »
    Also I've never done it at Rock Box.

The two times I went it was at that Tiki bar. I got super drunk both times.

Hula hula was ok, but one of the KJs was kind of a jerk. Bendery went up to help a woman he didn't know who was floundering on stage halfway through a song, and the KJ said that counted as his turn and bumped him to the end of the rotation.

BLM - ACAB
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Baby Ketten
    The Geek wrote: »
    Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention

Baby Ketten has this song available:

https://youtu.be/o0u4M6vppCI

SOLD

[IMG][/img]
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Depends on work, and how drunk I am.

But if I am drunk I'll totally sing some songs.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Baby Ketten
    I miss frances farmer organ karaoke

one of the songs in the book was "Christian bale's angry rant on the set of Terminator: Salvation set to the theme song to the Batman TV series"

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Baby Ketten
    The Baby Ketten song list is impressively ridiculous and I'm voting for it based on that alone.

iwantanswers3.png
    Baby Ketten
    Shorty wrote: »
    I miss frances farmer organ karaoke

one of the songs in the book was "Christian bale's angry rant on the set of Terminator: Salvation set to the theme song to the Batman TV series"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJofcODeIqo

Baby Ketten
    PS, they have the Shia Lebouf song specifically because I requested it.

BLM - ACAB
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Baby Ketten
    Geek, you told me that Baby Ketten has the Dr. Horrible soundtrack and that may be the one thing I can convince my wife to sing with me, so that option has my sword. Vote. Whatever.

Baby Ketten
    They most certainly do.

I've done Freeze Ray once and then also sang My Eyes with a friend the other night.

BLM - ACAB
    Baby Ketten
    @TheRoadVirus if she comes along, would you be willing to do A Man's Gotta Do with me? I need two others. (Also, I want to be Captan Hammer)

BLM - ACAB
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Baby Ketten
    The Geek wrote: »
    @TheRoadVirus if she comes along, would you be willing to do A Man's Gotta Do with me? I need two others. (Also, I want to be Captan Hammer)
    I would be happy to!
    (I know the Dr. H lines most so this works optimally)

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Holy shit they have Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' Red Right Hand, that is a song I've wanted to karaoke for ages

I need to get to Prime one of these years

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Baby Ketten
    Welp, so long rockbox!

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    There's no option to vote for my place
    (My place is in Portland)
    (And I have no karaoke)

(I'm so lonely)

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    (And I have no karaoke)

(I'm so lonely)

Boltbus up and crash on someone's hotel room floor.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    Baby Ketten
    If any of y'all feel like chipping in to pay for the room, it is welcomed, but not expected. Please PM if you are interested for details.

BLM - ACAB
    edited July 2016
    Baby Ketten
    chromdom wrote: »
    (And I have no karaoke)

(I'm so lonely)

BKK hosts karoke events in the Portland area regularly if you want to check them out on your own sometime.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    Baby Ketten
    I have sent instrumental versions of a couple of songs from Sonic Adventure 2 (from an actual official CD I have) to them to see if they'll be able to add the songs.

BLM - ACAB