As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World Naked [chat] Ride

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    It's funny though, millennials and such are turning to artisan ring crafting for that 'unique' look.

Wood rings with a message etched in gold, or, inlaid with turquoise, etc.
    Kintsugi (金継ぎ?) (Japanese: golden joinery) or Kintsukuroi (金繕い?) (Japanese: golden repair) Defined as "to repair with gold",[1] is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum, a method similar to the maki-e technique.[2][3][4] As a philosophy it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise.

rxF1at9.jpg

Now I am pissed I have nothing broken.

Break all your vows.

I don't... have vows?

Just vow to break your vows.
    Track down and kill UnbreakableVow.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So billing manager found another job before me.

She was sad yesterday when she handed in her 3 weeks notice. But immediately her tune changed when the owner got angry with her.

They were also upset she didn't give them 2 months notice.

"3 weeks is not enough"

Which she responded with "Well how much time would you feel is fair? I don't even need to give you 2, 3 is pretty generous."

"I don't know, but 3 weeks is not enough to hire someone and get them up to speed."

"I'm sorry" was her response.

My boss is on a fucking war path right now.

This is not going to go well for me zepherin

What a fake internet story. No one would act like that in real life.

My boss is fucking nuts. He is taking is SUPER personal.

I said to him, in confidence a few minutes ago as he came into my office spitting about disabling remote access and restricting her privileges, "When I asked for more of a raise and you said you just didn't have the money, I didn't take it personally. It's just business, and negotiation, why is this any different?"

This was not the appropriate thing to say in that situation, apparently.

whoops.jpg

Not appropriate but fucking baller.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    realtalk tho those scarves are really neat but how do they hold together? are they just yarn tied at the ends? is this a prank?

Typically knotted off at the ends then the "frilly" part is sewn onto the rectangular scarf portion.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    If I was getting grilled and (I assume) aggressively questioned like that in a job I am leaving anyway, I am sure I would just walk out.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Six it says APEROL

APEROL spritz

not aerosol

oh god someone call an ambulance

speaking of booze, i have a pint of falernum and need test subjects for my tiki game
    fyi
    hth

I'm still not allowed to drink alcohol :(

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    They just tried to give her more money. She said where's this money coming from now that they didn't have 4 months ago in her review.

Then she said, "It's not even honestly the money any more. Too much is resting on my shoulders because the office manager doesn't want to ever take care of it. As soon as someone sees 'Insurance' they immediately put it on me, even if it's something entirely in the realm of the office manager."

She handles coding and insurance billing, not dealing with fees/fines/fraud/doctor par-ing/etc.

Is this lady your hero? She sounds like she is fighting the good fight in your honor. She is the female Link we've always needed.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    In Borkland I think if u work long enough the law says u get 6 months when fired and give 1 month when leaving.

Pretty sure.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    realtalk tho those scarves are really neat but how do they hold together? are they just yarn tied at the ends? is this a prank?

Typically knotted off at the ends then the "frilly" part is sewn onto the rectangular scarf portion.

I found it on etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DyeForYarn

But they ship from Germany and they're pricey and I have 10,000 scarves already

Also there doesn't seem to be any more Silk/Cashmere on offer which is what made the original pic look so nice, these other yarn blends look less soft

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    They just tried to give her more money. She said where's this money coming from now that they didn't have 4 months ago in her review.

Then she said, "It's not even honestly the money any more. Too much is resting on my shoulders because the office manager doesn't want to ever take care of it. As soon as someone sees 'Insurance' they immediately put it on me, even if it's something entirely in the realm of the office manager."

She handles coding and insurance billing, not dealing with fees/fines/fraud/doctor par-ing/etc.

Is this lady your hero? She sounds like she is fighting the good fight in your honor. She is the female Link we've always needed.

*Linkle

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

I found it on etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DyeForYarn

But they ship from Germany and they're pricey and I have 10,000 scarves already

I call this the "dumped by ex" period.

76hp3t63vqp6.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

But that messes up the Triforce somehow!

• Options
    If I was getting grilled and (I assume) aggressively questioned like that in a job I am leaving anyway, I am sure I would just walk out.

Yeah, she was thaaaaaaaaaaaaat close to it.

She as badgered this morning about how she was accessing the office computers when she was out remotely.

She told them I gave her a laptop.

I'm paraphrasing the conversation:

"Did you turn it back in when you came back?"

"Yes of course, I'm not going to steal from you. I'm actually kind of offended by this attitude right now, I've never given any indication, and have stopped people in the past from doing that to you guys."

"Yeah but we've been burned before by being too trusting."

"That's great. I'm not them."

Then I get a call about 30 seconds later after they get done having their meeting, "How was (Billing Manager) accessing our system when she was out on maternity leave? I know she's within earshot of your office, try not to let on what we're talking about. Was it a laptop?"

"Yes it was."

"Did she give it back?"

"Yes, of course."

"Can she still access our system remotely?"

"No."

I told the billing manager that they asked me after they already confirmed with her that she didn't steal. That set her off to the point where she was about ready to walk out.

"No no, you can't do that, I wasn't supposed to tell you I guess."

No regrets.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

My god, I'm getting all worked up just at the fantasy of it. Imagine, a new better job already lined up. Generous notice already given. And then they come at me with some bullshit? Oho the deliciousness of it. The walkout would be so satisfying.

• Options

*releases bombchu, glitches through a wall into out of bounds* And I'm outta here

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    hello ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages

what is your advice for stopping your mind from racing when you are trying to fall asleep

what do you think about

Golf.

I've never played golf, but I force myself to be the commentator for an imaginary golf game, and mental-voice through every little bit of minutiae from the club choice to where the crowd is standing to the distance of the drive and the lie on the course in that low golf announcer talk-whisper.

I'm asleep before I've "announced" a full hole.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

She was sad yesterday when she handed in her 3 weeks notice. But immediately her tune changed when the owner got angry with her.

"3 weeks is not enough"

Which she responded with "Well how much time would you feel is fair? I don't even need to give you 2, 3 is pretty generous."

"I don't know, but 3 weeks is not enough to hire someone and get them up to speed."

I said to him, in confidence a few minutes ago as he came into my office spitting about disabling remote access and restricting her privileges, "When I asked for more of a raise and you said you just didn't have the money, I didn't take it personally. It's just business, and negotiation, why is this any different?"

whoops.jpg
    ( ‘-’)人(゚_゚ )

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

She as badgered this morning about how she was accessing the office computers when she was out remotely.

"Yes of course, I'm not going to steal from you. I'm actually kind of offended by this attitude right now, I've never given any indication, and have stopped people in the past from doing that to you guys."

Then I get a call about 30 seconds later after they get done having their meeting, "How was (Billing Manager) accessing our system when she was out on maternity leave? I know she's within earshot of your office, try not to let on what we're talking about. Was it a laptop?"

"Yes it was."

"Did she give it back?"

"Yes, of course."

"No."

I told the billing manager that they asked me after they already confirmed with her that she didn't steal. That set her off to the point where she was about ready to walk out.

No regrets.

if I was her I honestly would at that point.

• Options

But that messes up the Triforce somehow!

Such a dumb argument.

Japan still has a lot of antiquated as fuck gender norms.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

...those aren't scarves that is just yarn for people to buy and then knit.

The blurb on their etsy shop is super cute; they are scientists who rage-quit science and decided to dye yarn instead.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I was absolutely "fired" from a job in college for not showing up or calling in only once.

It was over the christmas holidays at a new Blockbuster store. I went home from my college town almost every weekend. So when I checked the schedule early in the week. We were closing the store on that Saturday for some holiday function. So I went home that weekend. Came back with messages on the machine calling me wondering where I was. Turned out they had changed the schedule mid week to close the place on Sunday instead and had scheduled me for Saturday.

Oh they "understood the confusion" but because I was a no show it was a "voluntary quit" and I wouldn't be given any more hours. It was just dumb. But honestly, I'm kinda glad cause after losing that job is when I went to work for University food services. And that job was great.

cptrugged on
  • Options

We're friends. We've discussed our misgivings with this place. I told her I was looking in CO. "That's a good idea, I've been thinking about that too after being bombarded with stupid shit the office manager didn't want to deal with as part of her job when I came back."

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tonight, i will draw.

i wanted to draw in the morning, but i had an epic pile of dishes to clean.

• Options

"Yes it was."

"Did she give it back?"

"Yes, of course."

"No."

No regrets.

if I was her I honestly would at that point.

Yeah jesus, what a slap in the face

• Options
    Weren't the Hyrulian gods of Courage, Wisdom and Power all female?

• Options
    by "epic" i mean horse-high.

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

The blurb on their etsy shop is super cute; they are scientists who rage-quit science and decided to dye yarn instead.

But cred i have no knitting skills whatsoever! nooooooooo

Either way they look very cool all spooled up like that

Good job scientists i like your creative naming scheme too

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    When Chris Robinson’s father started collecting Beanie Babies, he thought he could use the eventual profits to pay for five college tuitions. Instead, he ended up spending upwards of $100,000 (Robinson’s estimate, based on average cost for each) for a collection of 20,000 stuffed animals that still sit in his garage.

I feel fine about the thousands of comics I own. I'm not keeping them to turn a profit. I'm keeping them because I'm a hoarder.

Any time I read a story that's like "and then the dutch guy invested everything in tulips" or "then the Internet guy invested his sister's money in Bitcoin" I feel a wave of anxiety

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

what is your advice for stopping your mind from racing when you are trying to fall asleep

what do you think about

jerk off

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

You have been blocked by nintendo.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I need to figure out how to make myself as unappetizing as possible so that when people start eating the rich they pass over me.

Like, I need to be the breadfruit of rich people.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

Nintendo have been blocked by me[/Rorschach]

• Options
    Yeah I feel bad for her, she's 100% ethical, compared to my like 95% (I've taken some surplus monitor and USB cables [we have hundreds of them]).

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I was absolutely "fired" from a job in college for not showing up or calling in only once.

It was over the christmas holidays at a new Blockbuster store. I went home from my college town almost every weekend. So when I checked the schedule early in the week. We were closing the store on that Saturday for some holiday function. So I went home that weekend. Came back with messages on the machine calling me wondering where I was. Turned out they had changed the schedule mid week to close the place on Sunday instead and had scheduled me for Saturday.

Oh they "understood the confusion" but because I was a no show it was a "voluntary quit" and I wouldn't be given any more hours. It was just dumb. But honestly, I'm kinda glad cause after losing that job is when I went to work for University food services. And that job was great.

And where is Blockbuster now

singlehandedly slain by the loss of your critical talent

If only you had been able to remain you would have climbed the ranks and saved them from their hubris

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

"3 weeks is not enough"

whoops.jpg

Bro you are a champion

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

But cred i have no knitting skills whatsoever! nooooooooo

Either way they look very cool all spooled up like that

Good job scientists i like your creative naming scheme too

Yeah I also don't know how to knit but I really like the way fancy yarns look--but they are just not for me. I will still walk into yarn stores and poke the skeins because they are fluffy.

Fortunately I have friends and relatives who knit and are generous with it so I receive knitted objects if I want, especially if I provide the yarn for it.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    @Shivahn the animator had two throw pillows in her tiny apartment: one was Carl Castle from NPR's face, and one was a rainbow pillow with a lot of dick flowers on it.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Nintendo have been blocked by me[/Rorschach]

ClcHGYgUkAAMk8K.jpg

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I need to figure out how to make myself as unappetizing as possible so that when people start eating the rich they pass over me.

Like, I need to be the breadfruit of rich people.

The trick is to get out in front of it. Start eating the rich before anybody else does.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

what do you think about

jerk off

yeah, sexual release is good, so is melatonin or l-tryptophan... just alter your shit with a biochemical response - mantras or meditation be damned you need to sleep.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    desc wrote: »

"3 weeks is not enough"

whoops.jpg

Bro you are a champion

I didn't actually mean to offend/upset him like at fucking all. I was just confused as to why it was so upsetting she was leaving. People quit all the time here and it's never more of a 'meh'.

They just let go 2 people not too long ago.

This discussion has been closed.