As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World Naked [chat] Ride

19495969798100»

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hell even doctors don't get any commotion now.

Another just quit to go back to Canada because his wife is divorcing him.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Try getting a college degree and then use that sleep deprivation to fuel your night time drowsiness for the next several decades.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    If anyone ever seriously in real life told me 15 minutes early was on time I'd give them the most vicious, cruel laugh I could muster. Which is another example of why I couldn't survive in the private sector

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    Any time I read a story that's like "and then the dutch guy invested everything in tulips" or "then the Internet guy invested his sister's money in Bitcoin" I feel a wave of anxiety

It's like watching someone slowly gamble their savings away at roulette, sweat beginning to soak through their rented tuxedo, their voice becoming sharper and edging closer to hysteria, the croupier asking quietly "Are you sure, sir?" before the gambler nods vehemently.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    It really is just business. I've told the VP of my company a couple times that. When the Sr. PM stormed out with an epic shit storm and quit (followed the next day by coming back). I told him, that was a lot of drama why is he taking it personally? "This is just business to me. If something that is better for me comes along I will leave and give you 2 weeks notice." He said he understands that and told his boss the same.

If someone yelled at me or started making unfounded accusations. I would simply gather my shit and walk out the door.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    @y2jake215 if the Celtics go all-in on Westbrook I'm buying a celtics ... t-shirt pennant

@eddy I assume the right move would be cashing in for Westbrook

But the reason durant would've been great was amazing player for zero cost except money. Is Russ worth losing Avery, Isaiah, Brooklyn picks, etc? Probably. But eeeeeeehhhhh

I like all our playersssss

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    what is the customary time until you admit to having been stood up? +-20min?

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    realtalk tho those scarves are really neat but how do they hold together? are they just yarn tied at the ends? is this a prank?

Typically knotted off at the ends then the "frilly" part is sewn onto the rectangular scarf portion.

I found it on etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DyeForYarn

But they ship from Germany and they're pricey and I have 10,000 scarves already

Also there doesn't seem to be any more Silk/Cashmere on offer which is what made the original pic look so nice, these other yarn blends look less soft

@tapeslinger who actually knows how to knit

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I was absolutely "fired" from a job in college for not showing up or calling in only once.

It was over the christmas holidays at a new Blockbuster store. I went home from my college town almost every weekend. So when I checked the schedule early in the week. We were closing the store on that Saturday for some holiday function. So I went home that weekend. Came back with messages on the machine calling me wondering where I was. Turned out they had changed the schedule mid week to close the place on Sunday instead and had scheduled me for Saturday.

Oh they "understood the confusion" but because I was a no show it was a "voluntary quit" and I wouldn't be given any more hours. It was just dumb. But honestly, I'm kinda glad cause after losing that job is when I went to work for University food services. And that job was great.

And where is Blockbuster now

singlehandedly slain by the loss of your critical talent

If only you had been able to remain you would have climbed the ranks and saved them from their hubris

That job wasn't that bad except for the shitty managers.

We had that sweet "Recommended by ____ employee" shelf. Mine spot had sweet animes and nerd classics on it.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    If anyone ever seriously in real life told me 15 minutes early was on time I'd give them the most vicious, cruel laugh I could muster. Which is another example of why I couldn't survive in the private sector

Like, it is a good rule to personally live by, but you don't fucking enforce it at work.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

Or tell them you're leaving 15 minutes early at the end of the day since that's "on time" too then.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I was absolutely "fired" from a job in college for not showing up or calling in only once.

It was over the christmas holidays at a new Blockbuster store. I went home from my college town almost every weekend. So when I checked the schedule early in the week. We were closing the store on that Saturday for some holiday function. So I went home that weekend. Came back with messages on the machine calling me wondering where I was. Turned out they had changed the schedule mid week to close the place on Sunday instead and had scheduled me for Saturday.

Oh they "understood the confusion" but because I was a no show it was a "voluntary quit" and I wouldn't be given any more hours. It was just dumb. But honestly, I'm kinda glad cause after losing that job is when I went to work for University food services. And that job was great.

I think every single person I know who has worked retail has had the experience of "the last time I was here I checked the schedule and wasn't booked for any hours that day"

"Yeah but we changed it after that, a few days before the day of, and didn't alert you, so what's the big idea about your no call no show?"

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    realtalk tho those scarves are really neat but how do they hold together? are they just yarn tied at the ends? is this a prank?

Pretty sure that's just bulk yarn

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    hello ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages

what is your advice for stopping your mind from racing when you are trying to fall asleep

what do you think about

jerk off

yeah, sexual release is good, so is melatonin or l-tryptophan... just alter your shit with a biochemical response - mantras or meditation be damned you need to sleep.

i took the sleep supplements i always take

i had to save my jizz for tonight as i had used up enough this weekend you know

basically the order of my evening was
    relax, eat, shower, meditate, gmat questions

and i shoulda done it in the order of
    gmat, eat, shower, meditate, relax, sleep

whoops

poo
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    It really is just business. I've told the VP of my company a couple times that. When the Sr. PM stormed out with an epic shit storm and quit (followed the next day by coming back). I told him, that was a lot of drama why is he taking it personally? "This is just business to me. If something that is better for me comes along I will leave and give you 2 weeks notice." He said he understands that and told his boss the same.

If someone yelled at me or started making unfounded accusations. I would simply gather my shit and walk out the door.

That's pretty much how I left my other job.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I don't understand, you mean you don't drive to your workplace every day to check the schedule and ask if your manager needs you to do anything? But how will you know if they decided to switch you and someone else last minute?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

They are so pretty! And to me the naming scheme is original and appealing.

...that said, $25 for a skein gets expensive really quickly--I feel like one skein makes a hat or scarf but if you were making a sweater or shawl or blanket you'd need more and end up spending $100+

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Riker Googling has been on a roll lately.

• Options

And where is Blockbuster now

singlehandedly slain by the loss of your critical talent

If only you had been able to remain you would have climbed the ranks and saved them from their hubris

That job wasn't that bad except for the shitty managers.

We had that sweet "Recommended by ____ employee" shelf. Mine spot had sweet animes and nerd classics on it.

Akira, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, David Lynch's Dune

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sparvy wrote: »
    what is the customary time until you admit to having been stood up? +-20min?

When the waiter starts vacuuming around you, pointedly checking his watch every few seconds.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Reminds me of one of my favorite paints, P3 Coal Black.

c90h7AO.jpg

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 2.5

@Shivahn will create the new thread
    @Bogart is backup

This discussion has been closed.