As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Inauguration Day

2»

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Personally, realism matters because slaying a dragon isn't impressive if you ignore the fact that it has an overwhelming physical advantage over you. After that point, you might as well just be killing cardboard cutouts.

The most infuriating thing about fantasy that keeps coming up is when I see a thirty foot giant have the giant pillar he's swinging blocked by a flimsy metal pin. Your sword breaks and it doesn't even matter, because the impact just shattered every bone in your body.

The lazy route is to have Odysseus kill Polyphemus because Odysseus flipped his shit and wooped his ass with killer kung-fu. It just isn't interesting or impressive.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    FulgoreFulgore Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Just making conjecture, but I have a large feeling of one or more of six things are going to happen in the next comic strip or at least very soon:

1. We find out there's a connection between Purdy and Brian

2. We get some exposition about Brian's belonging on the Camp through this conflict of interest.

3. We get some exposition about Purdy's story through this conflict of interest.

4. We learn more about other territories of the entire island.

5. Climatic, Dramatic event breaks out leading the story to a different perspective and path for the whole overarching story as we see it for reasons above or unlisted. (Purdy may be giving crazy eyes, but it may not be for obvious reason)

6. We end up getting a cliffhanger tangent for a strip or two to wait in suspense for a short period.

Just my particular guesses based on the info present and from the past.
    Regardless, I am really looking forward to finding out what happens past this point!

Fulgore on
  • Options
    hibryd7hibryd7 Registered User regular
    The last panel delights me to no end.

Primal forces are at work here.

• Options
    Shark.FighterShark.Fighter Registered User regular
    @mrbigglesworth no one's being silly. you're taking my point to the other extreme. i did leave it a bit vague, so my apologies. it wasn't a matter of, 'this is fantasy, so my character should be able to leap 1000 feet in the air, because the rules of gravity need not apply'. it was more like my friend saying my character shouldn't be able to leap 4.5 feet in the air, only maybe 3.2 or so. my response was to question nitpicking about weight or gravity when there are other ridiculously impossible things going on. there has to be some flexibility. we can only expect a certain amount of reality in our fiction.

• Options
    MikeyZMikeyZ Registered User regular
    how are you capable of being so funny and dark at the same time?! Seriously this page got me laughing and crying within the same minute!

• Options
    The oneThe one Registered User regular
    I love Brian's hat!

• Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Registered User new member
    Insert Gohan´s Anger here