As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[E3] is locked down for another year!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Did evolve ever explain how they wanted their esports teams to organize with the whole 5v1 thing

I'm gonna guess no

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

That seems like a very boilerplate interview with not a lot of new information. I'm not sure what's so shit about it.

• Options

That seems like a very boilerplate interview with not a lot of new information. I'm not sure what's so shit about it.

Its a hero shooter made by an outside developer with a questionable-at-best track record, and they've said that they're not focusing on the one mode that is still taken seriously in quake.

Its like, they're very transparently trying to make a cash grab esports with microtransactions game, and almost going out of their way to ignore why people still choose to play the original games instead of whatever flavour of the month shooter is in right now.

I mean, ok, this clearly isn't the game for me, but I don't understand who it is for. The crossover between people who will be pulled in by the quake name, and people who want to play a second rate overwatch clone has got to be close to 0.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Glad to hear you've played the game already and know all this shit about it

Can you also tell us what the lotto numbers are

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    There's a countdown on the Evolve website.

Somebody hold me, I'm scared!

https://evolvegame.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4RwGwQslM

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Look whatever, just saying I think it is going to be a terrible game.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Look whatever, just saying I think it is going to be a terrible game.

I mean that's fine but

it really doesn't look like shit based on that article because the article doesn't say anything

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Always super constructive, and people love a good argument about how bad games will be

EDIT: guess i needed /sarcasm

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Always super constructive, and people love a good argument about how bad games will be

no they don't

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

no they don't

Yeah they do times infinity!!!

I AM RUBBER YOU ARE GLUE

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I can understand being leery of Quake Legends given how that company hasn't produced great things

but it could be okay? I dunno.

All I know is that Half-Life 3 is gonna be garbage.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

no they don't

I AM RUBBER YOU ARE GLUE

i EXTREMELY agree with olivaw

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

no they don't

I AM RUBBER YOU ARE GLUE

i EXTREMELY agree with olivaw

fuck, you've got me there

• Options

Its a hero shooter made by an outside developer with a questionable-at-best track record, and they've said that they're not focusing on the one mode that is still taken seriously in quake.

Its like, they're very transparently trying to make a cash grab esports with microtransactions game, and almost going out of their way to ignore why people still choose to play the original games instead of whatever flavour of the month shooter is in right now.

I mean, ok, this clearly isn't the game for me, but I don't understand who it is for. The crossover between people who will be pulled in by the quake name, and people who want to play a second rate overwatch clone has got to be close to 0.

It's a modern designed entry in the Quake multiplayer franchise. It's taking classic elements (arena shooter gamplay) and combining them to contemporary design ideas. (Like character based abilities). It's basically what the new Doom was. It's not intended to replace classic Quake, because nothing is really ever going to replace that. It'll still be around with the same set of heavily dedicated fans playing it. And really, I doubt they'd be much into a new Quake anyway, unless it was a 100% faithful reproduction (in which case, why not just slap a new coat of paint over the original?).

Also, about the only thing it seems to have in common with Overwatch is character abilities, and even then its set up completely differently (an active and a passive power, rather than a slew of powers and an ultimate) so calling it a second-rate Overwatch clone seems a bit premature, especially when we haven't seen a single shred of gameplay yet.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I can understand being leery of Quake Legends given how that company hasn't produced great things

Truly perpetual non-existence is the lowest level of garbage

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

half life 3 is closer to becoming reality than you think

W1hHdqX.jpg

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Except the reason no one can fuck in that version of half life is no one can get in the mood with donald trumps giant face everywhere

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

Brolo wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

half life 3 is closer to becoming reality than you think

W1hHdqX.jpg

I mean I guess that would finally make those games interesting

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "Welcome to City 17. It's safer here. It's the safest. We've got the most safe citizens here. I can't even believe how safe everyone is."

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    "Welcome to City 17. It's safer here. It's the safest. We've got the most safe citizens here. I can't even believe how safe everyone is."

Yes yes I would play this

Usually the malevolent rulers are pretty clever to go along with their charisma

I want to play through one where they're just completely inept in every way but somehow still on top

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Yes yes I would play this

Usually the malevolent rulers are pretty clever to go along with their charisma

I want to play through one where they're just completely inept in every way but somehow still on top

But I play video games to escape the real world

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Excuse me, Eli Vance said WHAT about my hands?

• Options
    So Evolve IS going free-to-play

http://www.shacknews.com/article/95723/evolve-launches-free-version-on-pc-today
    We’re reworking the hunter classes to make the team less reliant on having experienced trappers and medics.
    We’re making improvements to the maps and UI.
    We’re improving load times, overall performance, and getting you into the game faster.
    We’re focusing on improving stability and fixing bugs.
    We’re completely reworking our progression system and tutorials.
    We’re adding more customization options.

I'm wondering why they're waiting NOW to do some of this stuff?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Maybe their pitches for a new game haven't gained any traction, so they need to start making more money from Evolve

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Hopefully next time their game won't be "just another Left 4 Dead with a new skin"

• Options
    I'm wondering why they're waiting NOW to do some of this stuff?

All their other plans fell through, they're desperate.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    It takes time to evolve

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Hopefully next time their game won't be "just another Left 4 Dead with a new skin"

Left 4 Dead was a better game with more content though

They wish Evolve was Left 4 Dead

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    DeMoN wrote: »

Left 4 Dead was a better game with more content though

They wish Evolve was Left 4 Dead

And when the first Left 4 Dead hit, it was criticized for having too little content, and they churned out a sequel the following year

Evolve's reception was people finally catching on, its lack of success was deserved

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Evolve was fun when I played the beta but not fun enough to spend money on. If my computer was good enough to play it I'd definitely be giving it a shot.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Overwatch came out and blew all of it's competitors out of the water

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I wonder if any the hidden servers still exist

Now that was a game

• Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Overwatch came out and blew all of it's competitors out of the water

Evolve was dead long before Overwatch came out,

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Turtle Rock does have a second product in development, I assume Evolve going F2P was just a cheap way to try to make some money back on it. Expect Battleborn to be F2P within a year as well.

Evolve was dead before IT came out.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    There were 80 people playing Evolve when I looked last night

I don't k ow that even going F2P can save that ship

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm surprised Battleborn hasn't already had a drastic shift in its pay model.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Like forcibly installing it on people's computers then demanding back-payment, ransomware-style?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    They patched in micro transactions but yeah I'm super surprised they haven't gone free to play and then given everyone who bought it a bunch of fun bux credit or something

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Shabooty wrote: »
    I wonder if any the hidden servers still exist

Now that was a game

Can't you just host your own game temporarily like other Source games?