As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

USA Presidential Election 2016: Screams from My Father

19596979899101»

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Turkey wrote: »
    The Pulse shooter claims he's part of ISIS: "Of course, it's them muslim behind it!"

Dallas shooter expresses frustration with BLM and makes it clear he's an ACTUAL lone wolf: "hmm must be one of them Only Black Lives Matters folk"

It's like a racist rorschach

dude

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Black man gets shot? Shitty business as usual. Police officer gets shot? All hell has broken loose fuck this gay earth etc.

There's a huge shift in narrative going on here, and it's draining to observe

I think you're mistaking escalating outrage for a negative shift in narrative. One black man is killed in a tragic story, people are pissed. Another dies in an equally tragic way the next day and people are furious. Five cops are killed and citizens are injured in a major ambush and people are losing their minds. It was already out of hand before Tuesday, but now it's just unthinkable.

That said, your reaction isn't wrong or bad. I completely get it. After the past couple of hours of watching coverage on the news, I can absolutely see that interpretation, and agree with it to a certain extent.

When I read your previous post, I responded way too emotionally, and that was due to other stupidity I was dealing with on FB. Apologies for the overreaction.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    @Bucketman

Do you have sources on that?

It's my home town, but I haven't seen that yet.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    The Pulse shooter claims he's part of ISIS: "Of course, it's them muslim behind it!"

Dallas shooter expresses frustration with BLM and makes it clear he's an ACTUAL lone wolf: "hmm must be one of them Only Black Lives Matters folk"

dude

fuck

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Turns out we are space herpes

Who knew right?

PBF248-Transmission.jpg

Yeah.

Thanks.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular

dude
    Rorshach the character is probably a huge racist anyway

Wouldn't surprise me at least

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    @Bucketman

Do you have sources on that?

It's my home town, but I haven't seen that yet.

Well looks like the only places I can find it are Daily Beast and Daily Mail...so maybe its not true
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/07/baton-rouge-police-took-alton-sterling-surveillance-video-without-a-warrant-or-permission.html

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Saw this in the D&D thread. I really wish the DPD would have been more careful about what language they use, their official twitter account still has the tweet up naming him as a "suspect" when even in the initial conference the Chief made clear that he was just a person of interest (though even there he slipped up and called him a suspect once). Also not a fan of releasing vague statements about the shooter's motives without giving any identifying information, because really what purpose does that serve at this point?

And I don't even know what to think about the bomb robot thing. I could easily see it being justified in this case, but oh boy the implications...

Fun thing about this, I already see a lot of conservative people on my Facebook saying he was heroic and said he stands behind the police and understands why he was a suspect. I had to be like "Uhhh what interview did you see?" and start posting this around

This discussion has been closed.