As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BREXIT] Farewell Europe, and thanks for all the Fish stocks

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Prime Minister May's first speech

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36788782

Notable parts include the fact that the vast majority of it focuses on social justice and the working class. Vowing to fight against BAME individuals suffering due to a biased criminal justice system, beat back the gender pay gap and not to serve the interests of the privileged few.

If this keeps up it looks like she is going full throttle to target Labours voter base as the Labour party implodes

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Phillip Hammond as Chancellor

Boris Johnson, Amber Rudd and David Davis currently in No. 10.

Boris is back!

Christ, the shitshow in the comments of Angela Eagles facebook page is something to behold and that's when everyone who comments has their names attached. When it comes to youtube interviews like this one and people get anonymity the comments turn outright abusive and misogynistic. What the actual hell Labour

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Boris is apparently Foreign Secretary.

Errrrrrrr

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Boris is apparently Foreign Secretary.

Errrrrrrr

Oh

my

god

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Hahahahaha oh christ

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Am I reading this right?

Boris Johnson now runs MI6?

What could possibly go wrong?

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    As her first act, May puts that mop-haired, blustering, abseiling twit in charge of something important.

Well done.

Well

done.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    As her first act, May puts that mop-haired, blustering, abseiling twit in charge of something important.

Well done.

Well

done.
    I am so sorry.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    No but seriously who's the new Foreign Secretary

PSN- AHermano
    Bojo makes sense as foreign secretary

He's pro Brexit (the new FS had to be), but not isolationist, has a huge international profile as the Mayor of London and has spent all the time since the referendum being fairly positive about the rest of the world, especially being big on international trade.

And it's basically May telling him that he fucking broke it so its his job to fix Britains place in the world

and it underlines May's commitment to continue to Micheal Gove Micheal Gove

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Ahahaha. After Inficting Boris on themselves Britain now wants to share the pleasure with the whole world.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Just when we thought UK politics was calming down with the appointee of reasonably sane (if very right wing) Theresa May as Prime Minister…she’s only gone and appointed Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary.

That means he’s in charge of MI6 (foreign intelligence, like the CIA), GCHQ (signals intelligence, like the NSA) and diplomacy. Yes, diplomacy. This is the guy who said that Barack Obama was anti-Brexit because he held a grudge against the UK ‘because he was Kenyan’, and has once referred to black people as “picaninnies” and said they had ‘watermelon smiles’. When he was editor of the Spectator he allowed articles to run that suggested black people had lower IQs and also talked about “Orientals”. He’s also said Islam “is the problem”…

Jesus fucking Christ.

I am hereby apologising in advance to all the countries and peoples Boris Johnson will be officially offending on behalf of the United Kingdom.

Yikes

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So the Tories suck
    and Corbyn sucks
    and the rest of Labor sucks?

Are the Lib Dems at least okay?

Well at least someone else will be in charge of Brexit negotiations. Who's this David Davis fellow?

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Honestly at this point I reckon the lib Dems are our only hope

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Again I reckon this is May putting figures from the leave campaign in charge of our negotiations, because she knows the promises of the leave campaign aren't achievable and someone has to take the fall.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So, uh, conflict of interest?

JoeUser wrote: »
    Well at least someone else will be in charge of Brexit negotiations. Who's this David Davis fellow?

He's part of the Eurosceptic old guard - Was big in the Tories a while back, got beaten by David Cameron back in... 2005? When Davis was the firm favourite. Fairly popular tory, bit of a surprising return to the political limelight.

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That's not even a good limerick!

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I had to re-read that. He literally called a foreign leader a goat fucker?

Gundi wrote: »
    I had to re-read that. He literally called a foreign leader a goat fucker?

To be fair Erdogan was being an arse at the time

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Erdogan is a shit

But Johnson is also a shit

So really I just hate them both I guess

• ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    That's not even a good limerick!

That's barely even a bad limerick.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    wow May

you really fucked up quickly with this one

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Gumpy wrote: »

Notable parts include the fact that the vast majority of it focuses on social justice and the working class. Vowing to fight against BAME individuals suffering due to a biased criminal justice system, beat back the gender pay gap and not to serve the interests of the privileged few.

If this keeps up it looks like she is going full throttle to target Labours voter base as the Labour party implodes

The tories always say this shit and then end up gassing Lidl.

Tube wrote: »

?
    266px-Lidl_Stiftung_%26_Co._KG_logo.svg.png

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    honovere wrote: »

?
    266px-Lidl_Stiftung_%26_Co._KG_logo.svg.png

(it's where poor people shop)

Fucking love Lidl.

Man. Are there places left without German supermarkets? It's almost like McDonalds.

honovere wrote: »
    Man. Are there places left without German supermarkets? It's almost like McDonalds.

Except you can feed yourself for a week at half the cost of other places! I will happily accept any takeover.

They usually mention other shit too - It's not just that she's spent a lot of time on Social Justice, it's that she didn't spend much time on pretty much anything else. With Cameron it was economy, economy, economy.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Erdogan is a shit

But Johnson is also a shit

So really I just hate them both I guess

I'm guessing that was around the time that Germany and The Netherlands's laws about insulting heads of states for their allies popped up specifically WRT Turkey.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    liEt3nH.png