As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BREXIT] Farewell Europe, and thanks for all the Fish stocks

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    I had to re-read that. He literally called a foreign leader a goat fucker?

To be fair Erdogan was being an arse at the time

At the time?

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular

No, he mentioned in his speech that some people thought he didn't like Larry.
    ‘The rumour that somehow I don't love Larry, I do... I have photographic evidence to prove it.

'I can't take Larry with me, he belongs to the house and the staff love him very much, as do I, Mr Cameron said.

The Cabinet Office said yesterday that Larry will continue his work when the new Prime Minister.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

‘The rumour that somehow I don't love Larry, I do... I have photographic evidence to prove it.

'I can't take Larry with me, he belongs to the house and the staff love him very much, as do I, Mr Cameron said.

The Cabinet Office said yesterday that Larry will continue his work when the new Prime Minister.

Having a cat in your lap is no proof of loving a cat. The cat chooses whose laps it occupies, and many cats will actually prefer the person who likes them least.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Thank you Joe!!

• Options
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Osborne sacked

Well

Didn't think May would just chuck him out like that, to be honest, but he is a bit notoriously unpopular

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    It's like the UK pets are independent minded entities

e: I know they are, but in America they're considered slaves of the president basically

is it true that Palmerston and Larry are at odds

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Prime Minister May's first speech

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36788782

Notable parts include the fact that the vast majority of it focuses on social justice and the working class. Vowing to fight against BAME individuals suffering due to a biased criminal justice system, beat back the gender pay gap and not to serve the interests of the privileged few.

If this keeps up it looks like she is going full throttle to target Labours voter base as the Labour party implodes

More writing on the wall that the UK won't actually leave the EU. She's grabbing for all of the Labor remnants she can, to protect the Tories from the UKIP once it becomes apparent Brexit is either going to happen very slowly or not at all.

• Options
    MrBrickMrBrick Underneath pub furniture.Registered User regular

Notable parts include the fact that the vast majority of it focuses on social justice and the working class. Vowing to fight against BAME individuals suffering due to a biased criminal justice system, beat back the gender pay gap and not to serve the interests of the privileged few.

If this keeps up it looks like she is going full throttle to target Labours voter base as the Labour party implodes

If only Cameron's cabinet had a Home Secretary that had felt the same about social justice issues et al...

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

The tories always say this shit and then end up gassing Lidl.

?
    266px-Lidl_Stiftung_%26_Co._KG_logo.svg.png

(it's where poor people shop)

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    DiploMog is a great twitter handle for Palmerston

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

The tories always say this shit and then end up gassing Lidl.

?
    266px-Lidl_Stiftung_%26_Co._KG_logo.svg.png

(it's where poor people shop)

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jVLp-n9ww

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    htm wrote: »

More writing on the wall that the UK won't actually leave the EU. She's grabbing for all of the Labor remnants she can, to protect the Tories from the UKIP once it becomes apparent Brexit is either going to happen very slowly or not at all.

I mean

She said it was definitely happening

So

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Cross posted from what I said in the D&D Brexit thread:

Brexit is happening.

She has to respect the referendum or she'll split the party and hemorrhage MPs/votes to UKIP

What she's done is pick 3 high profile faces of the Leave campaign to effectively manage how this will all pan out.

Boris Johnson-Foreign Secretary
    David Davis-Minister for Brexit
    Liam Fox-Minister for International Trade

Doing so means that right now and the medium term, she shores up support from the eurosceptic side of the party.
    Long term, the above 3 either make good on their promises and she's created a rock solid base of support on that side of the party.

OR, those 3 fail to deliver on the leave campaign's promises and no one can blame her. She HAD to respect the results of the referendum. She put leave campaign MP's in charge of Brexit. If they fuck it up, it's on them.

Honestly, it's a brilliant move

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    Cross posted from what I said in the D&D Brexit thread:

Brexit is happening.

She has to respect the referendum or she'll split the party and hemorrhage MPs/votes to UKIP

What she's done is pick 3 high profile faces of the Leave campaign to effectively manage how this will all pan out.

Boris Johnson-Foreign Secretary
    David Davis-Minister for Brexit
    Liam Fox-Minister for International Trade

Doing so means that right now and the medium term, she shores up support from the eurosceptic side of the party.
    Long term, the above 3 either make good on their promises and she's created a rock solid base of support on that side of the party.

OR, those 3 fail to deliver on the leave campaign's promises and no one can blame her. She HAD to respect the results of the referendum. She put leave campaign MP's in charge of Brexit. If they fuck it up, it's on them.

Honestly, it's a brilliant move

"You break campaign for it, you buy implement it"

• Options
    edited July 2016
    So it looks like May is getting rid of a lol of the old cabinet.

Gove, Whittingdale, Morgan and Letwin all out.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    Night of the long knives etc

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Night of the long knives etc
    Oh please. Noone'll miss those fucks, and they'll never have to face economic or social pressure at any point for the rest of their lives.
    The only question here is how much of a destabilizing fuckup their replacement will be.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Gove sacked though

That's one small consolation in all of the last month's political fuckabout

Maximum learnage, Mike

• Options

UK's Johnson a liar with his back against the wall, French counterpart says

In Boris Johnson, Britain has appointed a liar with his back against the wall as its new foreign secretary at a time when somebody reliable is needed in the role, his French counterpart Jean-Marc Ayrault said on Thursday.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I have the sneaking suspicion that the Brexit negotiations are going to be extremely difficult for Britain.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    MrBrick wrote: »

If only Cameron's cabinet had a Home Secretary that had felt the same about social justice issues et al...

Counterpoint: What we know of May is that she got to where she was by doing the job she was assigned. There could be a very large difference between what she did as Home Sec and what she decides to do now she can actually set the agenda.

(I'm not saying there will be a difference, just that there could be).

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    I have the sneaking suspicion that the Brexit negotiations are going to be extremely difficult for Britain.

The EU will do their best to give us the best deal possible (because it would hurt not to have us in the single market) whilst also making full EU membership seem like the better option to what we're doing.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Michael Gove continues to get Micheal Gove'd

I'm happy that Boris is May's big concession to the leave camp and not him.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I have this lovely image of Gove being all keen to be called in to see May, he gets in there and there is music playing gently in the background...it's familiar but he can't quite place it. May looks at him over steepled fingers and tells him that she's sorry it came to this, but it's for the best. Gove is taken aback and then skids slightly on the floor. He looks down, then back at May. "Teresa, why am I standing on a plastic sheet?" She smiles and only then does he remember where he recognised the music from.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Looks like Andrea Leadsom is going to be in the new government, wow.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Looks like Andrea Leadsom is going to be in the new government, wow.
    May will pass her every day, and be sure to ask "How are the kids?"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ErlecErlec Registered User regular
    Hey UK.. oh..

Umm.. Do...
    Do you need a hug?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    You guys should put whoever runs that Twitter account in the Tower of London, because they are a national treasure.

I have this lovely image of Gove being all keen to be called in to see May, he gets in there and there is music playing gently in the background...it's familiar but he can't quite place it. May looks at him over steepled fingers and tells him that she's sorry it came to this, but it's for the best. Gove is taken aback and then skids slightly on the floor. He looks down, then back at May. "Teresa, why am I standing on a plastic sheet?" She smiles and only then does he remember where he recognised the music from.
    Extra ironic, given that Gove recently professed his deep admiration for Tyrion.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Erlec wrote: »
    Hey UK.. oh..

Umm.. Do...
    Do you need a hug?

We need a fucking drink

Bring all the high quality scotch you can before Scotland fucks off and leaves us

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular

Having a cat in your lap is no proof of loving a cat. The cat chooses whose laps it occupies, and many cats will actually prefer the person who likes them least.
    This is because cats communicate affection (or at least being nonthreatening) through narrowed eyes and slow blinks. The wide-eyed excitement that people who love cats/animals sometimes display is often interpreted as threatening.

So, cats go to the person they think likes them the most, even if it's actually the person who likes them the least!

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I know a guy who writes for some shooting magazine or other and he "reassured" me that the Country Landowners Association was preparing a suggested plan for agriculture to share with the government.

So I guess we can expect mandatory clearing of council estates to make more room for grouse moors, hen harriers to be shot on sight, and then shot again and stamped on, badgers to be eradicated and a massive increase in the use of harmful pesticides until all pollinators die out.

• Options
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    As a butterfly farmer,

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    They're very hard to milk

• Options
    Anyone here have a handle on James Brokenshire? He's the new minister for Norn Iron and Wikipedia shows his policies are ones I don't really agree with but nothing infuriating. I'd like to get an idea of what we're in for.