As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad News... in a good way.

GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
edited July 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFG4AxOz3dg

Bad news, it's bad. But can it be good? Let's go to our panel of experts.

A thread for all Bad News Gone RightTM. News that's weird, wonderful or ironic (Alanis-style).
apologies for the spotlit video

let me know if the thread title is confusing

A Pokémon GO player in Oregon was stabbed and turned down medical treatment so that he could keep playing.
Early Monday morning, Baker was walking near 19th and Filbert in Forest Grove to catch as many Pokémon as possible when he saw another man, possibly playing the same game.

"I saw him go by and asked if he was playing Pokémon Go. He was like 'what?' I guess he wanted to battle because he came up at me with a knife," said Baker.

Baker said he didn't go to the hospital because he still wanted to hunt for Pokémon and other things.

"Right after I was stabbed, I continued my mission to Plaid Pantry for my mission for chips and beer," said Baker.

Zayn Malik: An alien told me to quit One Direction

Gvzbgul on

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Florida Woman turns house into drive-thru with the power of prayer:
    When most of us think about the danger of driving while interacting with invisible beings, we’re most likely to blame Pokemon Go. That’s not the case with this 28-year-old Floridian, who was praying to an invisible being named Jesus with her eyes closed. While driving. She hit a house.

The wreck happened on the morning of July 7, in the matronly-named city of Mary Esther, Florida. The woman ran a stop sign and kept driving until she hit a house with her Taurus. She tried to back out, but the car was too stuck in the sandy soil.

Luckily, nobody was hurt, in either the car or the house.

I do love that this was posted to "Jesus Take The Wheel".

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I have a feeling this thread is going to be about 50% Pokemon Go related stories, because that seems to be an instant unending fountain of hilariously awful things.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Quite a few of them are fake, which is why I posted mine from snopes.

My cousin reminded me today of something, I may be a prophet.

Way way back in the day, when I was approximately 1-2 hours into pokemon red, I looked up at him and said " This will be the death of us all someday"

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    NostradaWiseManTobesmas

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    My cousin reminded me today of something, I may be a prophet.

Way way back in the day, when I was approximately 1-2 hours into pokemon red, I looked up at him and said " This will be the death of us all someday"

... but not before I catch the Venusaur at the grocery store.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    NSFW: Sex shop gets flagged as a pokestop.

Apparently the employees really misunderstood what "Pokey-mans" were referencing.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I just hope Pokemon Go helps promote mobile awareness and safety.

Just because we have these marvels of technology at our literal fingertips doesn't mean we get to shut our brains off and act like friggin' idiots.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

Apparently the employees really misunderstood what "Pokey-mans" were referencing.

The 2nd nearest gym to my apartment is a liquor store.

steam_sig.png

Gotta drink em all.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    The main bar by work has 2 pokestops , and another 3 that you can get from inside it. 3 other bars within a block or two have a pokestop as well.

Thank god it's summer break for the college, but I'm really dreading when those 35,000 kids return next month.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The bar down the street from my house had "Rare Pokemon Inside" on the sign outside.

Veevee wrote: »
    Thank god it's summer break for the college, but I'm really dreading when those 35,000 kids return next month.

Actually, thinking about this, there could be a massive impact on student's grades because of this. Think of that semester WoW destroyed in college, but now imagine the point was playing it everywhere you went.

I wonder if there's a way to create pokemon-free areas, like school buildings or especially classrooms.

Or the random people congregating on the playground during school hours cause it's a pokestop or gym.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Gotta card 'em all.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    When most of us think about the danger of driving while interacting with invisible beings, we’re most likely to blame Pokemon Go. That’s not the case with this 28-year-old Floridian, who was praying to an invisible being named Jesus with her eyes closed. While driving. She hit a house.

The wreck happened on the morning of July 7, in the matronly-named city of Mary Esther, Florida. The woman ran a stop sign and kept driving until she hit a house with her Taurus. She tried to back out, but the car was too stuck in the sandy soil.

That's pretty much what I would expect to see happen if an uneducated artisan from 2000 years ago tried driving a car....

IT'S A MIRACLE!

sig.gif
    Richy wrote: »

That's pretty much what I would expect to see happen if an uneducated artisan from 2000 years ago tried driving a car....

IT'S A MIRACLE!

Kinda need a comic of this now

Panel 1 " Jesus take the Wheel!"

Panel 2: A terrified Jesus flying down the highway screaming " I don't know what this is!!!!"

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/utah-will-let-authorities-disable-drones-near-wildfires/

Utah is tired of drones getting in the way of putting out wildfires. They will take them out the humane way of jamming them since actually shooting them down would be a pain.

steam_sig.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    They could just attach plows to the front of the planes and smash through them. :rotate:

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I walked to the local Subway last night while pokingmans going and when I got in, some police followed me and said another guy outside just had his phone grabbed out of his hand and were hoping to pull security tapes.

of course all the cameras were fake and not powered.

Magic Pink on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/utah-will-let-authorities-disable-drones-near-wildfires/

Utah is tired of drones getting in the way of putting out wildfires. They will take them out the humane way of jamming them since actually shooting them down would be a pain.

Honestly I would be comfortable with more than a 15 year maximum sentence for a drone pilot who causes a firefighting aircraft to crash during a wildfire.

Like. Fuck that person. Throw away the key, society doesn't need that person for anything.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

IT'S A MIRACLE!

yea my wife had a patient that went manic/psychotic , started driving all over Alberta because the lord told him to. Then as he was getting tired "Jesus" said its ok I got this take a nap. So he did. Truck went off road flipped in the ditch total write off, luckily he was sleeping and his body wasn't stiff so he walked away. Stay on your meds don't go off them because you "feel better" it doesn't work that way.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    This is probably bad news in the strictest sense.
    The #1 in the Tour de France (Chris Froome) crashed into a camera motor (that probably stopped because of a fan not getting out of the way)
    His bike was broken.
    This was his solution:

I rarely laughed so loudly at a live sporting event.

The jury is still deliberating how to handle it.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Why do they let people get so close to the bikers in those races? That has always seemed strange to me.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Why do they let people get so close to the bikers in those races? That has always seemed strange to me.

The courses are incredibly long and people line up all along it, it would be sort of impossible to create a buffer along the entire course. The spectators have to take some responsibility for not getting in the way, and occasionally they fail.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I just hope Pokemon Go helps promote mobile awareness and safety.

Just because we have these marvels of technology at our literal fingertips doesn't mean we get to shut our brains off and act like friggin' idiots.

No kidding weed out the herd before the crazier AR stuff goes on the market.

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Maybe the tour de france can put up an AR barricade along the race track to keep the spectators out of the way. Hell if you download a tour de france app maybe it could call you if you cross over the line and ask you to step back.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Rally fans do that shit with cars. Cars that are definitionally just barely under control, and moving very quickly.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Rally fans do that shit with cars. Cars that are definitionally just barely under control, and moving very quickly.

I've seen a lot of rallycross and other racing videos of the cars drifting through a turn, literally inches from the horded masses, with nothing between them but hopes and dreams.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Honestly I would be comfortable with more than a 15 year maximum sentence for a drone pilot who causes a firefighting aircraft to crash during a wildfire.

Like. Fuck that person. Throw away the key, society doesn't need that person for anything.

15 years for that one charge and there is a lot of other shit you can get charged with.

steam_sig.png
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I've seen a lot of rallycross and other racing videos of the cars drifting through a turn, literally inches from the horded masses, with nothing between them but hopes and dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYIH7ApCxoM

• AimAim Registered User regular
    The Portugal Rally almost got banned because of that...
    Still, as crazy as rally driving is nowadays, throwing stupidly overpowered engines and stupid fans on the mix must have made the whole sport just err, stupid, back when.

Aim wrote: »
    Still, as crazy as rally driving is nowadays, throwing stupidly overpowered engines and stupid fans on the mix must have made the whole sport just err, stupid, back when.

It's really a sport centered around monumental willpower.

The navigator has to have the willpower to not look up and 100% trust in the driver and cars ability to handle the course. The driver has to have the willpower to trust that the fans will get out of the way, that the Navigator is correct, and that the car can do what it needs to do.

The fans... They are just plain ol' crazy.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

And there's a lot of clips where that was not enough.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Aim wrote: »
    Still, as crazy as rally driving is nowadays, throwing stupidly overpowered engines and stupid fans on the mix must have made the whole sport just err, GLORIOUS, back when.

Group B forever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INwqyPct8qY

https://youtu.be/0tFk8nZ8vOo

I don't think he's licensed...

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/0tFk8nZ8vOo

I don't think he's licensed...

If a bear wants to drive, do you want to be the person to tell it no?

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    What's that one guy's name, @Bearisdriving?

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
  • JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    How can this be?

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I'm on the Mini Takes the States rally right now in and we're in Green Bay!

I saw some kids playing Pokemon Go in the rain on Mackinac Island last night. I don't understand the youth.

This discussion has been closed.