As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch 6.0]Old Thread, Go to New Thread!

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Just experienced my first sudden death. We fought hard to make it a 4/4

And then whoops you lost GG.

Wow that does not feel good.

steam_sig.png
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I'd like a reporting option for people that place teleports leading off cliffs.

Goes under griefing or assisting the enemy

To add my own salt to this that's kinda what's driving me out of mind at the moment. Lots of close games that just end up dropping you like if it was a blowout . You either win and go up no matter how bad you did or lose and go down no matter how good you did. All the effort put into having a great game only to be punished like you did nothing is driving me mad.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I just file everything under spam or harassment. If someone's being racists, I say so. If they're trolling, I say what they were doing.

I figure they probably don't do anything based off of one report. Hopefully people report often.

No I don't.
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Kaplan is on sters stream right now doing an impromptu interview and he basically echoed my argument against hero stacking and why they are changing it for comp play.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    4 maps in development. One coming out soonishTM

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    The enormous amount of developer transparency plus there already being post release content (which is a blistering pace for blizzard) makes me really happy I jumped on this so early. Competitive mode growing pains aside, this is one of the best games I've played in years. I'm glad it's being so strongly received and supported.

Just me shining a ray of sunshine in the thread.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

To add my own salt to this that's kinda what's driving me out of mind at the moment. Lots of close games that just end up dropping you like if it was a blowout . You either win and go up no matter how bad you did or lose and go down no matter how good you did. All the effort put into having a great game only to be punished like you did nothing is driving me mad.

I agree, losing sucks. Losing a hard-fought game sucks more, despite "well, we played our best". But, I mean... You lost. A squeaker, sure, but a loss. What should happen? There's generally not a "they tried really hard" clause in a competitive ladder strictly based on win/loss results.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    See, I fully agree that playing a really awesome game and then losing and de-ranking feels bad. Like, one guy can't always carry a team of scrubs. I had a losing game where I was on S76 and I had top kills gamewide and got a blue card on the awards screen for most eliminations. But my team lost and I de-ranked, despite my excellent personal showing. Feels real bad.

But. And here's the tricky part - what sort of crazy algorithm would they have to implement in order to put a more "fair" and good feeling system in place. Like. I know they track a ton of stats. So they ought to be able to extrapolate some sort of personal contribution rating outside of W/L. But stats don't tell the whole picture. (Of course neither does a static W/L recording). But like... I dunno.

I have the same issue with how they handle ranked play in Heroes of the Storm. They use a very similar system there. Wins and you earn points, lose and you drop points. Drop enough points and you de-rank. But playing your ass off and contributing a massive amount and still dropping those points just feels awful. And it makes it feel like that game was a waste of time.

I don't know how they could make a better feeling system mechanically speaking. But there's got to be a way. Because judging a person only on W/L is a poor system.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    The enormous amount of developer transparency plus there already being post release content (which is a blistering pace for blizzard) makes me really happy I jumped on this so early. Competitive mode growing pains aside, this is one of the best games I've played in years. I'm glad it's being so strongly received and supported.

Just me shining a ray of sunshine in the thread.

I love the transparency. It's a breath of fresh air. It's great that they even give us their thought process for balance changes in the patch notes.

Follow-up thought. I guess they could use some sort of Olympics based judging/scoring system. Like you know how a panel of judges raises cards to indicate a person's performance? They could do something like that for rating.

Gather as many fucking stats as possible. Kills, deaths, time on objective, healing done, healing received, shielding, ally shielding, idle time, moving time, accuracy, splash damage, ultimates used, ultimate kills, ultimate saves, ultimate interruptions, and a ton of other things. Gather all of that and amass it into some sort of aggregate match score and then use that to determine whether a person ranks up or down.

dporowski wrote: »

I agree, losing sucks. Losing a hard-fought game sucks more, despite "well, we played our best". But, I mean... You lost. A squeaker, sure, but a loss. What should happen? There's generally not a "they tried really hard" clause in a competitive ladder strictly based on win/loss results.

I'm not saying I should gain anything , I'm saying that happening and the losing an entire level or most of one is infuriating .

edited July 2016
    dporowski wrote: »

Here is the thing. I was relatively certain that our team had banded together enough to stop them from taking the payload to the end.

could we stop them from taking it to the first checkpoint. No. Definitely not.

So having played those two excruciating rounds before that to lose because of the coin flip is definitely disheartening because they couldn't have stopped us from reaching the first check point either. Which is why it was such a close match in the first place. They'd be better off implementing a "draw" than the current sudden death system.

(I've only had one sudden death match but if that's how they all are it's pretty useless. It will only happen when teams are fairly evenly matched and if that's the case one team probably won't stop the other from the first checkpoint. I could be entirely wrong with my small sample size but from the amount of complaining i've seen in the thread before I reached level 25 I don't seem to be alone.)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Since I didn't see it last thread, and some people sort of skip the Penny Arcade comics and just use the forums... today's was about Overwatch! ...sorta.

i-3b9SjV2-2100x20000.jpg

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    It seems like the same conversation in every game.

And honestly, there is always going to only be one solution. In a team game, you either make a team or you are rolling the dice.

No offense, but too many people seem to be trying too hard to convince themselves they aren't just trying to find something to blame every time they lose. You should honestly be expecting to lose half your games, and shrug off when its a little more sometimes, and enjoy when its a little less.

I guess its just an odd transition to play a shooter where you aren't 100% in control of the outcome nearly all the time due to your own skill for some people.

But the general tone in here has become downright morbid so fast. The only reason I feel like saying something about it is the amount of people really playing has fallen off a cliff. It seemed like that wouldn't happen with this game but here we are.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    So what exactly had they done to D.Va?

They made it so her shield now has a meter that last a few seconds which you can toggle on and off and recharges over time. They also increased the range of her damage. In addition, they have decreased her ult countdown to 3 seconds, and made it so the explosion no longer kills her.

Wait, this isn't a troll? The patch notes confirm the glorious news. IT'S CHRISTMAS IN JULY.

She felt pretty balanced before, and I've been owning with her. But now? Now I'll be unstoppable. NERF THIS!

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I am really starting to like Junkrat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSfXUkAnKM8

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I think I love these D.va buffs. It takes some getting used to, but she feels so good to play. Being able to pop the matrix any time was a good idea.

Ana is pretty cool too, but she is definitely a high skill ceiling. Her ultimate is scary af.

edzepp on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    And now for something a little... different...
    CnR4KwtUsAAEkjD.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Kai_San wrote: »
    It seems like the same conversation in every game.

And honestly, there is always going to only be one solution. In a team game, you either make a team or you are rolling the dice.

No offense, but too many people seem to be trying too hard to convince themselves they aren't just trying to find something to blame every time they lose. You should honestly be expecting to lose half your games, and shrug off when its a little more sometimes, and enjoy when its a little less.

I guess its just an odd transition to play a shooter where you aren't 100% in control of the outcome nearly all the time due to your own skill for some people.

But the general tone in here has become downright morbid so fast. The only reason I feel like saying something about it is the amount of people really playing has fallen off a cliff. It seemed like that wouldn't happen with this game but here we are.

I don't necessarily think that saying it feels bad to play your ass off, have a truly outstanding game, and lose rank at the end because of a loss is the same thing as placing blame on others.

Losses happen, sure. But in a team game where you are relying on strangers, it just seems like there could be a better way to assign rank to a person other than simply if they win or lose. Because winning and losing neither one tell the whole story. I've seen teams suck real hard and still squeak out a win due to a single play. And I've seen teams defend valorously for 99.999% of a game, lose one fight during the ridiculous overtime counter, and lose the match even though they completely dominated.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Try telling that to professional sports teams.

I mean in all honesty, in the end all that matters IS if you win or lose. This just sucks a lot more with random people. You never see them again most of the time, so you only have the results to look at. With a team of people, there is more to be taken from the whole game other than a win or loss.

If you "completely dominate" (which btw, that really is misusing that term because I think completely means... completely) and lose to one mistake, then it should be pretty obvious why you lost.

You are also looking at it from one point of view. What about the team that won because of that one good play? To them, they might have been fighting their ass off to make something work the whole time, and it was just in time that it worked. To them, that was a hard fought win because that is how offense works. The team "sucking real hard" might have been making numerous mistakes, and learning from them, which is why they made the right play and won.

But I get it, it is very hard to see how that point of view can be a little negative because those losses hurt.

In the end, if you assign rank or rating or whatever to anything other than winning and losing, you have people caring more about that than winning or losing. That is why the best competitive things out there base it on that. That is why any major tournament is only going to base the 1st place on who won the most and didn't lose. I mean, look at how much stock people put in these medals which are honestly far from being a pure representation of being the best influence on winning or losing. If you based rank on that, people wouldn't give a shit about winning cause they got 4 gold medals dammit, they were the obvious carry. It is a team game, and teams have roles, and some roles will always not fit into any other measurement. Those roles work based on doing things that aren't really capable of being judged but they do them to win the game. If you make anything else matter, you devalue those roles.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Would anyone who uploads/streams be willing to share their setup? I was messing around with twitch earlier today but got a bit of lag. I may have to resort to local recording and then uploading the results. It's been interesting watching myself though.

@DasUberEdward I've dabbled in the streaming. My current PC specs are:
    CPU: intel i5-3570k @ 4.1GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    GPU: EVGA nVidia 970

All running dual monitor setup, I game on a 2560x1600 30" monitor, with a 1200p secondary monitor.

When I stream, I use the base version of xsplit with all the reccommended settings from xsplit and twitch. Someday I suppose I'll try the pay version of xsplit to see if that helps any, it's really not that expensive.

My internet is Charter cable:

5475215670.png

Which gets the job done as long as I'm not doing anything else other than streaming my gameplay. Like, I can't watch youtube or netflix or stream music at the same time without it saturating my connection. I've tried doing all the fancy things with my overpriced router, but to no avail. I think if I had some more room on upload that it would work better.

When/if I get serious about streaming/recording gameplay, I'll upgrade my computer to an i7, or better yet, dual box with a capture card. I just use a couple cheapo Logitech cameras for showing my face and sometimes keyboard/mouse. I'd upgrade those too to something higher quality at some point.

My mic does a pretty good job, it's just a cheap thing from amazon.com but I guess I might upgrade that so I look all cool like those other streamers.

I have set up nightbot and twitchalerts so I have a basic understanding of how those work, but really they don't do me any good because I've had a no need for them in the past, but they can help you pretty up your stream and chat functions if you get into it.

I do have a long term plan to start doing actual streaming of my playthroughs of games because I think it's fun to have some interaction while getting destroyed in games. I just don't have the time or energy to really get into it yet. Maybe when the kiddo goes off to school and I need something to do in the day time I'll focus on it, and by that time I'll need to upgrade my CPU too anyways!

Hope that helps!

One thing, being a distraction to the other team the whole game can be very valuable, even if you're not killing a ton of people.

There have been points playing dva on ToA where I break left to draw attention that direction and have the rest of the team take down a turret or bastion (or do it myself sometimes) while they're less focused on the front. And I might not get a good bit of kills doing that, but my teammates do. I may not get medals doing that, but it helps us win.

It's a team based game. Medals don't mean much of anything when contributions can things other than killing or healing.

No I don't.
    edited July 2016
    Would anyone who uploads/streams be willing to share their setup? I was messing around with twitch earlier today but got a bit of lag. I may have to resort to local recording and then uploading the results. It's been interesting watching myself though.

@DasUberEdward I've dabbled in the streaming. My current PC specs are:
    CPU: intel i5-3570k @ 4.1GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    GPU: EVGA nVidia 970

All running dual monitor setup, I game on a 2560x1600 30" monitor, with a 1200p secondary monitor.

When I stream, I use the base version of xsplit with all the reccommended settings from xsplit and twitch. Someday I suppose I'll try the pay version of xsplit to see if that helps any, it's really not that expensive.

My internet is Charter cable:

5475215670.png

Which gets the job done as long as I'm not doing anything else other than streaming my gameplay. Like, I can't watch youtube or netflix or stream music at the same time without it saturating my connection. I've tried doing all the fancy things with my overpriced router, but to no avail. I think if I had some more room on upload that it would work better.

When/if I get serious about streaming/recording gameplay, I'll upgrade my computer to an i7, or better yet, dual box with a capture card. I just use a couple cheapo Logitech cameras for showing my face and sometimes keyboard/mouse. I'd upgrade those too to something higher quality at some point.

My mic does a pretty good job, it's just a cheap thing from amazon.com but I guess I might upgrade that so I look all cool like those other streamers.

I have set up nightbot and twitchalerts so I have a basic understanding of how those work, but really they don't do me any good because I've had a no need for them in the past, but they can help you pretty up your stream and chat functions if you get into it.

I do have a long term plan to start doing actual streaming of my playthroughs of games because I think it's fun to have some interaction while getting destroyed in games. I just don't have the time or energy to really get into it yet. Maybe when the kiddo goes off to school and I need something to do in the day time I'll focus on it, and by that time I'll need to upgrade my CPU too anyways!

Hope that helps!

You're killing me in specs. My rig is like 3-4 years old so perhaps Overwatch is a bit too intensive for my setup. I was able to stream league of legends with no problems but I guess I gotta move on with the times. For now I think i'll try to record locally and just upload those.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    The sports team thing isn't really a valid argument or even a fair comparison. Neither are pro esports teams.

In both of those situations those people play together regularly, practice together, and are drafted to fill specific roles, and they are part of a rigorously regimented organization.

When we're talking about random pickup lobbies where you are likely to never see those people again, or if you do see them again it just as easily be on opposite teams the next time, none of that matters. Everyone a rando to everyone else. And in a situation where I'm a rando to you and you're a rando to me, and our paths cross exactly one time, there needs to be some sort of better system in place for post-game gratification. We haven't ever played or practiced together before. I might suck and you might be awesome, and I might weigh you down and be the root cause of your loss. And you would be very sad that you played well and lost because I was dead weight.

I'm just saying, in online games where randoms are a reality, pure W/L is not a good system.

Maybe it is for premade teams. But solo queue it isn't.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    The sports team thing isn't really a valid argument or even a fair comparison. Neither are pro esports teams.

In both of those situations those people play together regularly, practice together, and are drafted to fill specific roles, and they are part of a rigorously regimented organization.

When we're talking about random pickup lobbies where you are likely to never see those people again, or if you do see them again it just as easily be on opposite teams the next time, none of that matters. Everyone a rando to everyone else. And in a situation where I'm a rando to you and you're a rando to me, and our paths cross exactly one time, there needs to be some sort of better system in place for post-game gratification. We haven't ever played or practiced together before. I might suck and you might be awesome, and I might weigh you down and be the root cause of your loss. And you would be very sad that you played well and lost because I was dead weight.

I'm just saying, in online games where randoms are a reality, pure W/L is not a good system.

It is fair though. Everyone in a random queue has an equal chance of getting that dead weight player every game. It evens out.

No I don't.
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Pretty much beat me to it but this ^. There is no algorithm smart enough to weight things appropriately that people wouldn't find some way to game.

It's even harder with support effects, healing, shields, up time, burst damage, sustained damage, you can't balance what is objectively more important to a team.

PSN SeGaTai
    The law of averages isn't a good rule when the sample size is so small. The pendulum might never swing back the other way.

My account is level 40. For the first time. I only log a few games a week, now that the initial new-release hype is over. My online time is precious to me, and it's not great to go on a week long losing streak because I'm only playing a few matches here and there. It's not great to be told that the only way to earn new shinies to to play competitive mode and then never earn any currency because you aren't getting wins.

Law of averages is great if you're playing thousands of games. But I'm not. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing forward progress when I do play.

• zakkielzakkiel Registered User regular

Any other system incentivizes players to farm stats instead of just trying to win. Individual metrics for performance would have a disastrous effect on competitive play.

Account not recoverable. So long.
    What other system could they put in place? If they reward people who lose the game just because they "played well" then no one would be playing by the rules.

Supposably they're suppose to reward or punish you an amount based on performance. I'm not sure if that's actually happening, but if it is that's about the best you can do. It's a team based game, personal performance doesn't matter if your team loses.

No I don't.
    edited July 2016
    The law of averages isn't a good rule when the sample size is so small. The pendulum might never swing back the other way.

My account is level 40. For the first time. I only log a few games a week, now that the initial new-release hype is over. My online time is precious to me, and it's not great to go on a week long losing streak because I'm only playing a few matches here and there. It's not great to be told that the only way to earn new shinies to to play competitive mode and then never earn any currency because you aren't getting wins.

Law of averages is great if you're playing thousands of games. But I'm not. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing forward progress when I do play.

It seems like there are a few things that might be bothering you:

1. Your win ratio is under 0.5. Thus you don't get competitive points as quickly.
    2. Your rank is low. Thus you don't feel like you're making progress, and you don't think your ranking correctly reflects your skill.

The first two problems are contradictory. If you're not winning enough games, the solution for the system is to drop you brutally until you are. Higher variance in game outcomes actually helps with problem 1, because it smears performance over a larger set of ranks. You can only have one probability of winning games. If it's 50%, you're gonna win 50% of games. The farther it is from 50%, the more directly your personal skill is translating into game outcomes.

You feel unlucky. I have to admit, I do too. In fact, I guarantee if we polled single players at least 70% would say their "true" rank is higher than the one assigned because they get stuck with bad teams that they desperately try to carry. Overwatch by design presents you with a slew of positive metrics after every match specifically to sustain the belief that you are better than the game outcome suggests. But if it's really true in your case, congratulations! Starting now, your very next game, your expected win value is > 50%, because you are better than the mean at your ranking.

zakkiel on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    There are certainly already methods to rank players/teams already that take into account more than just simple wins/losses, and I'm not just talking about relatively terrible "power rankings" that silly sports journalists do. I mean even hockey has a way give "loser points" when playing to overtime. I don't see why Blizzard can't implement one of these methods to make things not so black/white when it comes to giving out points. Even something as simple as regulation win-3, regulation loss-0, overtime win-2, overtime loss-1, would not incentivize playing to overtime, but still feel like you got some reward for playing a close game.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Oh wow I realized my dumb rant about having a draw system has already been addressed

I don't know if I should feel vindicated or confused.

steam_sig.png
    There are certainly already methods to rank players/teams already that take into account more than just simple wins/losses, and I'm not just talking about relatively terrible "power rankings" that silly sports journalists do. I mean even hockey has a way give "loser points" when playing to overtime. I don't see why Blizzard can't implement one of these methods to make things not so black/white when it comes to giving out points. Even something as simple as regulation win-3, regulation loss-0, overtime win-2, overtime loss-1, would not incentivize playing to overtime, but still feel like you got some reward for playing a close game.

You can rank the whole team differently according to how much they won or lost by. But there's no way to rank individual player performance without introducing perverse incentives.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Just taking notes from Ster's stream as they talk. I didn't watch all of it, but most of it.
    https://www.twitch.tv/ster/v/77919999

- Next PTR patch probably has Mercy's damage buff going back down to 30%, they just wanted to see what would happen
    - The developers totally call it "Nana boost", which pleases me greatly cuz that's what it's been in my head
    - One of the devs was showering love on that Junkrat & Roadhog comic where they kidnap a kid and then get all buddy buddy with him
    - There's a comic coming out for Ana (with release of her character, presumably?)
    - Ana was already a character in the universe for sure, they had a cool sniper/healer character concept, so they worked her into that role. Originally it was going to be like, "The Alchemist", or something. But they were excited about having the art opportunity of getting a badass older lady into the game instead, so they combined Ana the character into the Alchemist's playstyle, and there you go.
    - Probably one more round of balance tweaks on the PTR before the big balance patch goes live. Expecting around a week or two? The longer the build stays on the PTR, the more likely it is that the patch will go live on PC and consoles at the same time
    - They're planning on sticking with releasing 1 character at a time, based on how insane the game was in beta when they released 3 at a time.
    - Though hero stacking was fun when it was just occasional goofiness, and there's counters, it's not very fun when that stacking in turn dictates your entire team's comp. Also the whole competitive scene 2 lucio / 2 tracer / 2 winston meta, which was filtering into regular play and just generally degrading the quality of games.
    - Season 2 competitive will be getting some tweaks to shorter the length of matches, escort missions will probably have less full caps and more needing to beat the other team's mark, for instance, as well as simple things like shortening character selection time after the first one.
    - Actively working on 4 new maps in development, 1 is getting released "soon-ish". But 4 maps being tested doesn't mean that those 4 will actually be released
    - confirming that there will be new skins (besides Ana) coming out this summer
    - At some point they'll be adding the option to always see healthbars to ALL characters.
    - Regarding hitboxes, they have slightly tweaked the hitboxes in the PTR. But they're never going to shrink down the hitboxes to pixel perfect, because it makes the game totally unpleasant and super super hard to hit anything in a game as speedy as overwatch is
    - Ana's friendly targetting fire is the largest projectile in the game, while it's more of a normal projectile for hitting enemies. So yes, it's easier to hit friends than enemies as ana.
    - Yes, they do purposefully fuck with you by constantly changing the basketball physics. Or maybe not. You can't prove anything.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    They also mentioned that they were targeting 175 for Zen's health, but wanted to see it at 200.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Zen might also go down to 175 hp

I hope

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Personally I prefer wider hitboxes to smaller ones. Overwatch is super frenetic and fast and I'll accept getting hit more often if it means certain Tracers don't become almost unkillable and bunny hopping isn't so goddamn frustrating to deal with.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    One thing, being a distraction to the other team the whole game can be very valuable, even if you're not killing a ton of people.

There have been points playing dva on ToA where I break left to draw attention that direction and have the rest of the team take down a turret or bastion (or do it myself sometimes) while they're less focused on the front. And I might not get a good bit of kills doing that, but my teammates do. I may not get medals doing that, but it helps us win.

It's a team based game. Medals don't mean much of anything when contributions can things other than killing or healing.

That's what I keep telling myself when I evaporate from focused fire after leaping at the enemy healer as Winston.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Just lost Gibraltar due to a rez from inside spawn. That really needs to be addressed. It can't possibly be intentional.

Edit: Though, to be fair, a teammate and I emoted right before the rez (it was a team kill), so we kinda got what we deserved.

BionicPenguin on
This discussion has been closed.