As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread: Summer Sale is overrrrrr

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the help. I've tried it and no results. I'm clearing data and cache now and if that doesn't work I'll reinstall it.
    edit- apparently reinstalling it is not recommended. I was able to log in after clearing data and cache, but then it asked me for my code, which the app isn't showing me. But, it was able to text me a new code, so I've used that. And everything seems to be working now. It might have had something to do with an update?

Gvzbgul on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    By far, the biggest offense that RE6 commits is that when you hit the anykey/start button, the game doesn't say "RESIDENT EEEEVIL. SIX."

Whaaaaat how did they possibly mess that up

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Origin already had its summer sale?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Choice Chambers cover looks like a bear that sat on a porcupine.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Niantic stopped taking user suggestions for portals in Ingress awhile back, and they utilize the Ingress map for Pokemon Go

So maybe they "reactivate" the ability to add stuff like Pokestops and Gyms, particularly since Pokemon Go is immediately more popular than Ingress so people attempting to play Pokemon Go might be stuck in areas where say, nobody went around and turned every small statue and monument or remotely historic building in an area into portals

My old neighborhood in northern MA is fucking filthy with Ingress portals

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The shop next to where I work has a few carved wooden statues scattered around the building, and every single one is a pokestop

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    That Humble is pretty lukewarm, imo. I'd go for this Bundlestars thing instead. You'll get Skullgirls for less. :wink:
    image-6FC8_57868725.jpg

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So I picked up Stardew Valley and Civ 5 for my dad. They don't have amazing internet so I'm copying my game install directories to a USB drive to put on his computer. Can I do something similar for the Steam client itself? Does it have an offline installer or anything?

steam_sig.png
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Well I'd been looking at Party Hard since the recent First 15, so that's an ideal bundle for me.

forumsig.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    So I picked up Stardew Valley and Civ 5 for my dad. They don't have amazing internet so I'm copying my game install directories to a USB drive to put on his computer. Can I do something similar for the Steam client itself? Does it have an offline installer or anything?

not as far as I know

but the install process (using a fresh installer) 'only' needs to download about 130 MB

I know their internet isn't 'amazing', but can it handle that?

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    That Humble is pretty lukewarm, imo. I'd go for this Bundlestars thing instead. You'll get Skullgirls for less. :wink:
    image-6FC8_57868725.jpg

Reus is a pretty fun game, like, has some issues, but the concept was great and sucks you in for a while

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular

You could use the backup feature in the Steam client.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I can more or less second Reus being fun. Also, very charming.

But, oh boy, are there a startling number of things the player must track during a session. There are 5 biome types, and each Giant has two 'seed tile' options. Each of these have multiple levels, which I'll get to in a bit. Crucially, the biome type controls what appears when a tile is seeded. Not all seeds work in all biomes. The result of a successful seed produces the usual resources: food, tech, or gold. The nearby village will gather them automatically.

Sound easy so far? Things get complicated by symbiosis and transmutation.

Symbiosis provides a bonus to the resource if it's next to something else. A blueberry will yield extra food if seeded next to an apple tree. The catch? You can't plant apple trees.

Transmutation requires an aspect (delivered by a giant; not necessarily the one that seeded the tile). The blueberry bush, when gifted by a 'fruit aspect' can be transmuted / evolved into that elusive apple tree. Often a resource will have more than one transmutation. Aspects will generally provide a small bonus to the resource, which can tip the balance towards completing a project or a development.

But if you just rush to the most optimal configuration, the villagers will cease being in awe of your giants and actively kill them. This does not usually go well for you, usually necessitating the murder (and subsequent re-establishment) of the village. I like to imagine the survivors of one of these ill-fated villages escaping to write the epic saga about sailing around the world, fighting giants and then returning home to find that an earthquake had leveled the place. Or there was a mountain there instead.

But I digress.

Villages will start projects, which are generally useful. Though I do complain because you have no control over where they go and they take up a tile entirely ... which makes the whole carefully planned symbiosis / transmutation thing a little more difficult. But successful projects give ambassadors, which can be used to rank up the seed powers (and unlock / rank up aspects and other powers). You must spread the ambassadors amongst your giants evenly. They should be mixed and matched, anyway, because of the prerequisites for the upgraded powers.

An upgraded seed power (level 2) creates a "great" version of the resource; level 3 is "superior". Great and Superior Resources have more Aspect Slots (remember that minor bonus effect) and generally have more transmutation options.

An upgraded aspect does, more or less, what it sounds like: a larger bonus (if that's all you're after) and some transmutations require the higher rank aspect.

And then there's range - some animals 'wander', granting symbiosis within the area; danger - some animals aren't super cute and cuddly, and this has some use; natura - required for a couple of things; greed - touched on earlier, though one village can also become desirous of another and launch a war; and awe - which more or less offsets greed.

Each game encompasses an 'Era'. Early on, the only Era length available is 30 minutes. As you juggle all (or much) of the above, you will complete (often by accident) 'developments'. Each of these will unlock some new resource. At set points along the way, you will 'level up', and gain access to the longer Eras of 60 and 120 minutes.

I'm really torn on the Eras lasting for set periods like they do. I guess I get it; it's easier to set the goals, but I'm not very fond of the system. I've had the game for a while (actually not as long as I thought; about 2.5 years) and haven't unlocked everything. I tend to set it aside for months at a time and then launch it to try for one development or another.

There's a set of options that enable "alt mode", and only a few developments may be achieved within that mode. You may also do 'free play', which would only be super useful once you've unlocked everything - you can't get anything new from playing it - but you can run a world forever.

You'll definitely get your money's worth at the bundlestars price - I'd say it's easily worth the $10 base price. But there's, as I said, a lot to keep in mind while playing.

Tamin on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    GTX1070s are coming on the market in Australia, I wonder if it would be reasonably cost-effective to replace my GTX680?

ASUS ROG STRIX OC GTX1070 $869

Get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Finally got round to starting Life is Strange, I didn't think I'd ever be nostalgic for the first week of being at university when I didn't know where things were or what was going on and so on and so on, but here we are.

A million more games like this for every one where you make peoples heads explode, please.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I spoke too soon!

The aforementioned lack of saying the title in RE6 is indeed there, but it's in the little 10-second logo intro that you skip over to get to the start screen. Still, the placement should be after the anykey.

sig.gif
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2016
    Reus was a great idea ruined by someone insisting that it needed to be difficult

Tube on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Remember last month Ubisoft gave away Sands of Time? This month is Splinter Cell the first

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Remember last month Ubisoft gave away Sands of Time?

What? What! Dammit!

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    GTX1070s are coming on the market in Australia, I wonder if it would be reasonably cost-effective to replace my GTX680?

ASUS ROG STRIX OC GTX1070 $869

Get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Cheaper than my 980Ti was from Amazon, with the exchange rate!

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Remember last month Ubisoft gave away Sands of Time?

What? What! Dammit!

Yeah they are giving something away every month until November or so I think?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    edited July 2016
    Why in the fuck has Steam started opening shit in their own dickass browser? Links in friend messages have always been forwarded to your browser, any way to shut this crap down? :mad:
    In general, sending links per Steam seems more or less impossible since a few weeks back? Which is annoying, since it's the main medium I'm using to keep contact with my friends. :(

Panda4You on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Tamin wrote: »

not as far as I know

but the install process (using a fresh installer) 'only' needs to download about 130 MB

I know their internet isn't 'amazing', but can it handle that?

Hmm maybe? It's one of those cellular wifi routers, uses the same data plan as their phoens. I forget what their data cap is (or if they even knew when I asked last time I was there).
    The last time I was there they were trying to use it to stream Netflix and couldn't get the BluRay player to connect. I did suggest they move to the lowest tier cable internet since for their limited purposes it would be sufficient. So maybe by now they've changed.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Reus was a great idea ruined by someone insisting that it needed to be difficult

Yeah, both the aesthetics and early progression of the game make it seem like a game you're meant to relax with and go "oh look at these pretty biomes I made"

But then by the mid-game it gets shockingly involved and complex

IKknkhU.gif
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    they announced the first race dlc for total warhammer

20$ (CDN)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds1ZsQAISeM

20$ is a bit much if I don't end up playing the mp battles a lot

icGJy2C.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Uninterested

Call me when there's lizardmen DLC

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Uninterested

Call me when there's skaven DLC

JtgVX0H.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I see Lizardmen being in a proper expansion with the Dark Elves that adds Lustria, Naggaroth and Ulthuan.

Beastmen, Bretonnia as a proper faction, Wood Elves, and Skaven I see being able to be inserted into the map as it is (Athel Loren's this big blank spot after all).

Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarves, and Ogres would need the map extended a bit to the south and east, respectively.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hello, did someone mention lance formation charges?

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    no, but I did just pay a courtesan to go read little red riding hood to a troll

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    oh I totally forgot how to run virtual machine. or maybe the one I set up doesn't work in windows 10. I always figured it might not so I never tried and I really should have tried when this was fresh in my memory

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I see Lizardmen being in a proper expansion with the Dark Elves that adds Lustria, Naggaroth and Ulthuan.

Beastmen, Bretonnia as a proper faction, Wood Elves, and Skaven I see being able to be inserted into the map as it is (Athel Loren's this big blank spot after all).

Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarves, and Ogres would need the map extended a bit to the south and east, respectively.

There was a data mine of the dlc and it was confirmed to be mostly correct but not in order anymore

The game exploded and sold really well so their making it a trilogy with a bunch of dlc as well

So your probably right!

icGJy2C.png
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Ffffff! Has anyone else had trouble getting Zanzarah to run?

As far as I can tell, it has something to do with laptop drivers using Intel HD instead of nVidia. But the Steam forum is just jammed with so many bug complaints that it's hard to tell if there's a definitive solution: https://steamcommunity.com/app/384570/discussions/

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So, I'm playing Shadow of Mordor again.

This time around I'm going out of my way to take advantage of the brutalize skill.

There's something very very satisfying about just stabbing the fuck out of a dude and watching all his friends shit their pants and run for their lives.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Man, I forget they take away a lot of your toys in The Bright Lord and make you weaker overall. Got wrecked because I was fucking around.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So what I'm learning about Leon in RE6 is..
    He's destined to relive Raccoon City over and over again, for all time.

sig.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

It's his dark tower

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

It's his dark tower

There's a reason the first dead body he finds in RE4 he double checks to make sure isn't a zombie.

This discussion has been closed.