As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

visual [chat]

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    ok, so i have 24x36 prints

i've decided to hang them where the very top of the frame is at 80 inches from the ground

this puts the middle of the print at roughly 62 inches off the ground? which is 11 inches below my height but i think reasonably close to eye level for a normal height person?

the wall is 126 inches long, so i guess the question is how far apart i space them

they are very similar prints, thematically, colorwise etc. so i figure maybe like a 6-8 inch gap between them? with an equal distance from the outside of either print to their respective ends of the wall

does any of this sound insane simon

Dude there's no way you can fit 864 posters on a wall that's 126 inches long.

He forgot to note the prints at postage stamp sized

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    ok, so i have 24x36 prints

i've decided to hang them where the very top of the frame is at 80 inches from the ground

this puts the middle of the print at roughly 62 inches off the ground? which is 11 inches below my height but i think reasonably close to eye level for a normal height person?

the wall is 126 inches long, so i guess the question is how far apart i space them

they are very similar prints, thematically, colorwise etc. so i figure maybe like a 6-8 inch gap between them? with an equal distance from the outside of either print to their respective ends of the wall

does any of this sound insane simon

None of it particularly sounds insane, but I am also of the general hippie-dippie school of room/art positioning that doesn't have hard and fast "rules" about spacing, location, etc. I know good positioning when I see it, I guess? But yeah, if the prints are within a general "theme" then you can place them reasonably close

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    You highfalutin kids, with your decorations, and your walls.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hmmm perhaps my xbone broke in travel. it still powers on and makes the ding but the tv's showing no signal for that port. that same hdmi port on the tv works fine with other devices.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    hmmm perhaps my xbone broke in travel. it still powers on and makes the ding but the tv's showing no signal for that port. that same hdmi port on the tv works fine with other devices.

Do you have the HDMI cable plugged into the right socket on the Xbox?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Have you tried resetting the router?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

Do you have the HDMI cable plugged into the right socket on the Xbox?

ok i'm now in another room so this may end up being very embarrassing

isn't there just the one hdmi port on the xbone? what would a second one be for. i just plugged it into the first one i saw which i assumed was unique

• Options
    lmao there's an hdmi input for connecting set-top boxes

brb

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    @elki blighttown will make a man out of you

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Fuck i have a flight in like 4 hrs

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    i have returned

we will never speak of this again

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm having a pretty good laugh over here.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Geth, recycle my cardiovascular system

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Chu ilu and that's a totally normal thing to miss if you were moving fast or multitasking

sig.gif
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Channel 4 have obviously cycled through the whole run of Frasier and are starting again from the beginning. Early Frasier is still Sitcom Gold Medal winner.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Playing my first game of Age of Sigmar tonight.

*studies all four pages of AoS rules*

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Oh my god the local planetarium actually does laser zeppelin

How can I not go and bring a clove cigarette @desc

• Options
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Arch mentioned an expansion that makes it into a proper game with balancing of armies and moving beyond just smushing all the figures together into a big lump into the centre of the table.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

Arch mentioned an expansion that makes it into a proper game with balancing of armies and moving beyond just smushing all the figures together into a big lump into the centre of the table.

Yeah, it's out next weekend. Supposed to have point-based rules of yore, as well as various rules for more organized play than "let's just plop down some minis".

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Got my Overwatch rating, only 57 :(

At least that's a pass right?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

Overwatch ratings are very curved, a 57 is actually 86th percentile

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    both prints hung. my anxiety says they're not at the same height but for that to be true my floor must not be level? they both measure within a quarter inch of the same distance from the floor which should be imperceptible at 5+ ft. so i think it's just me worrying.

that's done plus xbone connected plus shower curtain hung

i am now out of things to do and will slumber

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Nothing about a house is ever straight or level.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I have sandwich in my mouth

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkY2nCf2xU

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    morning all

am i the only one wincing before i open a news page in the morning these days?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I have sandwich in my mouth

best thing to have in your mouth nine out of ten scientists agree

• Options
    So what the heck is up with Facebook hiding a bunch of comments on my posts? They show up as gray text, which according to some googling means they've been filtered as spam.

Then their spam filter is seriously out of whack when it triggers on "Best Sunday picture!" on a photo of April.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited July 2016
    Bogart wrote: »
    Channel 4 have obviously cycled through the whole run of Frasier and are starting again from the beginning. Early Frasier is still Sitcom Gold Medal winner.

Cheers, Frasier, Seinfeld are my trinity of near-perfect sitcoms.

next tier includes arrested development, friends, 30 rock,.

Cosby gets a dishonorable mention but his show was absolute gold in its time.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    because i was a performer at the festival, i could bring in alcohol and stuff

i brought in some for my friend on the condition i could have half

spoiler alert: he drank all of it and i had to soberly take care of a 6'5 250lb dude

i am tired and festivals are hard

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Tav wrote: »

spoiler alert: he drank all of it and i had to soberly take care of a 6'5 250lb dude

"friend"

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

"friend"

ah now, are you going to pretend you've never gotten blackout and relied on your friends to make sure you were ok?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Supergreatfrien's delivery really sells the summary of Zero Escape.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

"friend"

ah now, are you going to pretend you've never gotten blackout and relied on your friends to make sure you were ok?

no, not at all.

Just being lighthearted about the fact that you smuggled in stuff to share and your friend drank all of it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    I don't get blackout drunk
    If things go badly I get nauseous drunk, but only if I drink a ton in a very short period
    Normally my stomach just goes "you don't want to drink more"
    But I honestly never seem to forget portions of the night, or, like a friend of mine, have to be fished out of the plants in the lobby of a club as he fell asleep while waiting for us to get our coats

This discussion has been closed.