As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

visual [chat]

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    SIG why are you on the Internet at this hour

Woke up! I'll sleep again soon

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hearthstone tavern brawls with pre-made deck and high randomization (ie this one) are perfect for getting wins on classes I can't play.

also I don't have headphones with me so I'm just kinda running videogame music quietly and hoping it won't disturb people around me *shrug*

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    they have replaced the gundam's polearm with a sword because polearms aren't cool enough for anime protagonists
    ;_; goddamn swords

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    In which Harold Ramis's daughter reflects on him, ghostbusters, and denounces neckbeards

http://splitsider.com/2016/07/on-my-dad-harold-ramis-and-passing-the-ghostbusters-torch-to-a-new-generation-of-fans/

Who cares about any of this

I thought it was a sweet piece from the child of an actor and director I adored about her coming to terms with the mantle being passed and the public reaction, both positive and negative.

I get it, apo. You do not believe and/or care about the toxicity that exists surrounding the film. You've made it abundantly clear with every dismissive reply you've made to me.

That being said, it's a good article outside of all of that.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I got a ticket for the 1020am showing of ghostbusters. I'll have to take Chelle later on as she informed me next Friday is Star Trek beyond whether I'm dying or not. She'd never ever admit it but I think she has a crush on Chris Pine. Which is adorable.

Ludious on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    is it me or are skateboards way less expensive these days

i remember skateboards being super expensive

then again, i was like 13 when i was skateboarding a lot, so a $50 deck was a lot of money

919UOwT.png
    Personally I can never forgive pine for Trigger: The Musical. AKA Into the Woods

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sung last night after ghostbusters, drunk, while boyfriend would not stop playing Pokemon Go on the way home.

Lyrics are next-morning approximate (assembled from the best parts of what was, I am assured, a 15 minute, insufferable, rambling improvisation):

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.
    To spin them is my real test, popping bubbles is my caaause. (Ba baaa bah!)
    I will travel across the land, searching far and wide
    (DEEE DOOO DEE)
    To spin the coin so it reveals
    The items stashed inside

Poh kay stop! Gotta spin em aaaall
    Set the items free
    I know it's my destiny
    Pokestop, oh, you're all there is
    Cause this game's a piece of shit
    Pokestop - gotta spin em all
    A spin so true
    Hoarding items is all we doooo
    You spin me and I'll spin you
    Poooooooh kaaaaaay staaaaaaaaaahp!
    Gotta spin em all
    Gotta spin em aaaaall
    Pokestop!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    I love how much you hate Pokemon and yet continue to play it, DK. I know that you must do it with such a self aware self loathing that it must feed some dark humiliation fetish.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

then again, i was like 13 when i was skateboarding a lot, so a $50 deck was a lot of money

@Gooey

the other month i took my longboard out of storage because someone wanted to buy it and i hadn't used it in years

and i was like wait this is fun and i rode it around my neighborhood a little

and then the day after i realized that when braking i had somehow fucked up my knee and then it got worse over the next few weeks and now is finally almost getting better but

old bodies suck

poo
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I got a ticket for the 1020am showing of ghostbusters. I'll have to take Chelle later on as she informed me next Friday is Star Trek beyond whether I'm dying or not. She'd never ever admit it but I think she has a crush on Chris Pine. Which is adorable.

Ghostbusters was good, you'll like it a lot.

I love how much you hate Pokemon and yet continue to play it, DK. I know that you must do it with such a self aware self loathing that it must feed some dark humiliation fetish.

I don't play it though! I open it from time to time to look at how much of a trainwreck it continues to be, but I am totally off it. My man however, continues to be obsessed with it, much to my confusion.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

@Gooey

the other month i took my longboard out of storage because someone wanted to buy it and i hadn't used it in years

and then the day after i realized that when braking i had somehow fucked up my knee and then it got worse over the next few weeks and now is finally almost getting better but

old bodies suck

i used to take falls down stairs like they were nbd

one time i ate it hard on this handrail near my house and i just laid there for a few minutes and then got up and kept skating like nbd

i am pretty sure that a fall on flat ground would fucking wreck me now

919UOwT.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

@Gooey

old bodies suck

i used to take falls down stairs like they were nbd

one time i ate it hard on this handrail near my house and i just laid there for a few minutes and then got up and kept skating like nbd

i am pretty sure that a fall on flat ground would fucking wreck me now

Children's bones are hyper flexible, once they ossify, it's a much bigger deal to have breaks and shit.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    i didn't even fall down and i hurt myself gooey

mregh

i should stick to snowboarding

poo
    infuse me with the stem cells of the youth so that i may heal

poo
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Oh my god the local planetarium actually does laser zeppelin

How can I not go and bring a clove cigarette @desc

@Jacobkosh it is the LAW

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    160715105243-michael-wolf-hong-kong-super-43.jpg

Hong Kong tenement, 2014

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

I don't play it though! I open it from time to time to look at how much of a trainwreck it continues to be, but I am totally off it. My man however, continues to be obsessed with it, much to my confusion.

yeah i don't get it it seems kinda crap to me but

i only tried it the day it launched so it was constantly shitting the bed

plus i live in the middle of nowhere wheres there's literally nothing

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I'm going to a Pokemon Go meetup at Millennium Park this afternoon.

11k people are going and 27k are interested.

This event was just started by a random dude.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Florida Man is the hero we deserve.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'm wearing shorts outside for the first time in like three years

These pasty legs

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Let's all skate and then fall apart

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Florida Man is the hero we deserve.

How is there not a Florida Man movie already?

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Ghostbusters was good, you'll like it a lot.

Holtzmann is the best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nhYEe-YUY

yep just tried to log in now and servers are down

pokemon go must just be better than this in the states

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Hong Kong tenement, 2014

*screams internally*

this rogue one behind the scenes shit is dope a f

poo
    Also hello and good morning [chat]

I walked from Nargirl's house to my house - a distance of just over 5km - in 45 minutes.

There may have been bursts of jogging involved.

Point is, I did it.

BeNarwhal wrote: »

Hong Kong tenement, 2014

*screams internally*

You sure it's not just a mega hab in Mega City One?

*Dredd theme*

I walked from Nargirl's house to my house - a distance of just over 5km - in 45 minutes.

Point is, I did it.

Yeah but did your eggs hatch?

i want to buy more clothes but i should not because i still not have properly gotten rid of old clothes and assessed what i actually need

damn adulting without unlimited money and space

poo
    What kind of dick puts a lure outside when it's raining?

this rogue one behind the scenes shit is dope a f
    https://youtu.be/HUb_zpdyDpU

poo
    Winky wrote: »

Point is, I did it.

Yeah but did your eggs hatch?

Listen to me, you naked-cuddle-orgy-having-millenial,

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

Hong Kong tenement, 2014

*screams internally*

oh....I suppose tenement indicates these places are crappy inside, but without that context it's a really cool photo portraying kinda awesome human density.

If the photo was just labeled Hong Kong apartments, would that be as bad (ie is it the concept of the squalor or the concept of the density that is upsetting? Cause the former, sure, but the latter, no way, that's awesome.)

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    wait im still in my apartment and not at the gym how did this happen

poo
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    In which Harold Ramis's daughter reflects on him, ghostbusters, and denounces neckbeards

http://splitsider.com/2016/07/on-my-dad-harold-ramis-and-passing-the-ghostbusters-torch-to-a-new-generation-of-fans/

Who cares about any of this

Plenty of people?

no you see

because ap0 doesn't care we shouldn't either

credeiki wrote: »

Hong Kong tenement, 2014

*screams internally*

oh....I suppose tenement indicates these places are crappy inside, but without that context it's a really cool photo portraying kinda awesome human density.

If the photo was just labeled Hong Kong apartments, would that be as bad (ie is it the concept of the squalor or the concept of the density that is upsetting? Cause the former, sure, but the latter, no way, that's awesome.)

Well, the architecture is also kind of brutal in a claustrophobic way.

Not to say that human density can't be amazing and beautiful, but usually when it expresses some sort of colorful diversity rather than people packed into grey boxes like sardines.

This discussion has been closed.