As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

visual [chat]

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Gym is hard
    I'm slow
    I'm weak

do

u

even

lift

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    But what do you do with all that space though

It had better not be filled with ... stuff and things

Wallow in my own filth.

Everyone should have a good wallow now and then.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I just bought a Connie Willis best-of collection and I'd never heard of her, and she's fucking neat! Dang there are always authors to discover.
    CONNIE WILLIS IS AWESOME! @durandal4532 Which books are in this collection? I really liked Bellwether, To Say Nothing of the Dog (one of the best and funniest time travel stories ever), and Passage (I can never read this again, especially after my wife died... it's like Schindler's List or Requiem for a Dream).

Passage was one of the books that my wife and I read together early in our relationship. I will always cherish it fondly, but it's a really rough read.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fuck. Facebook's trends are showing a shootout or something going on in Louisiana.

I'm not leaving my house for my vacation.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    also, this hangover q_q

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Gym is hard
    I'm slow
    I'm weak

do

u

even

lift

Apparently not

poo
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So my dad and brother "forgot" about Thunderlords party today and wont be coming.

I told them not to bother anymore I dont need that drama anymore in my life.

So I guess thats thats on my side of the family.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    also, this hangover q_q
    deets on the foursome

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    also, this hangover q_q

did you drink all that malibu?

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Atomika wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    there's a patient here causing a ton of security problems

at this point everyone who has talked to her is a racist, per her assessment

the nurses, the doctor, the supervisor, the security guard, the cops that pulled her out of her car after she tried to drive away under the influence

we're all racists

nevermind how there's at least four different ethnicities she's encountered here today, including her own

Lovely Day

It's really sad, honestly

she's at that point in her stage of narcotic addiction where she's totally in denial about her addiction but completely consumed by it

It's really disturbing to talk to totally-gone addicts

Like, they're barely even people anymore, they're just a walking talking drug addiction

Nothing else is there

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I just bought a Connie Willis best-of collection and I'd never heard of her, and she's fucking neat! Dang there are always authors to discover.
    CONNIE WILLIS IS AWESOME! durandal4532 Which books are in this collection? I really liked Bellwether, To Say Nothing of the Dog (one of the best and funniest time travel stories ever), and Passage (I can never read this again, especially after my wife died... it's like Schindler's List or Requiem for a Dream).

Passage was one of the books that my wife and I read together early in our relationship. I will always cherish it fondly, but it's a really rough read.

It's all short fiction stuff, so it's got "A Letter from the Clearys", "At the Rialto", "Death on the Nile", "The Soul Selects Her Own Society", "Fire Watch", "Inside Job", "Even the Queen", "The Winds of Marble Arch", "All Seated on the Ground", and "The Last of the Winnebagos".

I'm basically already a fan after her collection intro, which gives a really succinct summary of a growth of appreciation for SF that's in line with my own, since I read a ton of 40s - 60s SF as a kid. I had completely forgotten about some of the stories she mentions as influences and now I want to go re-read those ones!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    they changed the ending theme and it sux compared to the first one

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    My father-in-law was a machinist until he retired.

Since retirement he has focused on his hobby, which is to grow and sell uncommon flowers and trees. Business is booming, and he is making more money now than he made as a machinist.

His favorite dogs like to follow him around while he works in the garden, including Bowser's young hyena-looking puppy.

0LiBR1Y.jpg

I cropped that picture because my father-in-law is basically always in his boxers when he's working in the garden.

It seems like the perfect retirement.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    @syndalis I might find the answer by the time you see this, but I'm setting up 1password on sarah's phone

there is a password on the .agilekeychain -- do you know if that's the same as the pass for dropbox itself?

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @syndalis I might find the answer by the time you see this, but I'm setting up 1password on sarah's phone

there is a password on the .agilekeychain -- do you know if that's the same as the pass for dropbox itself?

no, its the one password for 1password.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    P10 wrote: »
    also, this hangover q_q
    deets on the foursome

they came home right as I finished back to the future (which I enjoyed) and then we stayed up kinda late talking about working with engineers and feminism and identity

syndalis wrote: »

no, its the one password for 1password.

oh ho HO

thanks bud

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Watching some Stranger Things. It is really good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    @Atomika

Nargirl got a Code White called on her one time

I've never been so proud

Ah, the old hospital terminology for a haunted room :wink:

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    thanks bud

for sure!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    there's a patient here causing a ton of security problems

at this point everyone who has talked to her is a racist, per her assessment

the nurses, the doctor, the supervisor, the security guard, the cops that pulled her out of her car after she tried to drive away under the influence

we're all racists

nevermind how there's at least four different ethnicities she's encountered here today, including her own

Lovely Day

It's really sad, honestly

she's at that point in her stage of narcotic addiction where she's totally in denial about her addiction but completely consumed by it

It's really disturbing to talk to totally-gone addicts

Like, they're barely even people anymore, they're just a walking talking drug addiction

Nothing else is there

I don't really remember much about the real-life biopic about that screenwriter, Permanent Midnight, other than it starred Ben Stiller and it was about the guy who wrote ALF and then went crazy thanks to drugs, but I do remember the main character saying this:

"When you're a junkie, your only job is to score junk."

That pretty much sums up my experience with them, sad to say. It breaks you at a very fundamental level.

we were going to hike this afternoon but I think we are both too hungover so my day is pretty clear

I need to get lunch

and then maybe order a new pair of chucks in a fun color

and um, maybe do some research on where we'd like to take our adult trip next year

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Guys look

tumblr_oagksf7xqc1s7oqubo1_400.jpg

desc on
    edited July 2016
    Wait

Edit: okay fixed

desc on
    That's a baby red panda in a tub on a scale.

Not waiting, squeeing imminent.

I like it when mammals are so small that their tails are little triangles that poke straight up

Meet the perfect stranger through the Little Museum’s brilliant City of a Thousand Welcomes initiative, where an ordinary Dubliner will tell you about their home town over a free drink in a local pub.

omg

Meet the perfect stranger through the Little Museum’s brilliant City of a Thousand Welcomes initiative, where an ordinary Dubliner will tell you about their home town over a free drink in a local pub.

omg

Omg

P10 wrote: »
    also, this hangover q_q
    deets on the foursome

they came home right as I finished back to the future (which I enjoyed) and then we stayed up kinda late talking about working with engineers and feminism and identity
    hot

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
    No idea what's going on in Baton Rouge

Some reports are saying that there was a suspicious person call about someone walking down the street with an AR, who opened fire as soon as police arrived, other reports are saying it was a gunfight between civilians (presumably gang members?) and when police responded they started taking fire. Police chief is asking that people report if they see someone in military-style fatigues or wearing a mask though, which makes it sound more like a copycat of the Dallas shooting, but it's not really clear if that's something he's got specific intelligence about or not.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    These Mortal Kombat X finals are so hype.

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Hello butts

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Just got out of ghostbusters. I... have a lot to say. For now, I will say Kate McKinnon is a treasure and on the strength of Holtzman alone that would be a great film.

Leslie Jones totally turns the perception of her character in the trailers on its head. Wiig and Mcarthy are awesome as the anchors of the film.

Is it classic? That's way too soon to say. It's a sequel. It's never going give you the tickle in your neck an original film is going to..,.but god damn it's great. Better than GB2 by far.
    Maybe later I'll write a love letter to it if anyone wants to read me rambling for way too many lines.

Suffice it to say, fuck the haters.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Some reports are saying that there was a suspicious person call about someone walking down the street with an AR, who opened fire as soon as police arrived, other reports are saying it was a gunfight between civilians (presumably gang members?) and when police responded they started taking fire. Police chief is asking that people report if they see someone in military-style fatigues or wearing a mask though, which makes it sound more like a copycat of the Dallas shooting, but it's not really clear if that's something he's got specific intelligence about or not.

Best not to comment on anything until the facts are in.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    @syndalis what are you using for that nutrition stuff?

https://www.caloriecount.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php?ns=1

I like, just stumbled on this today with the google machine.

It parses text recipes pretty well.

thanks!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    emnmnme wrote: »

Best not to comment on anything until the facts are in.

The one thing I've learned for sure is that Baton Rouge's police radios are ass

I can't understand a thing they're saying

This discussion has been closed.