As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

visual [chat]

19495969798100»

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    After the shooting in Dallas, Stephen Loomis, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association, urged people not to take their guns anywhere near Cleveland’s downtown during the convention because officers were already in a “heightened state.”

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    No idea what's going on in Baton Rouge

Some reports are saying that there was a suspicious person call about someone walking down the street with an AR, who opened fire as soon as police arrived, other reports are saying it was a gunfight between civilians (presumably gang members?) and when police responded they started taking fire. Police chief is asking that people report if they see someone in military-style fatigues or wearing a mask though, which makes it sound more like a copycat of the Dallas shooting, but it's not really clear if that's something he's got specific intelligence about or not.

Best not to comment on anything until the facts are in.

The one thing I've learned for sure is that Baton Rouge's police radios are ass

I can't understand a thing they're saying

Nope that's just Louisiana accent, kana. It's like a New York accent strained through grits

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Really tempted to pick up the GBA version of Super Mario Bros. 3 since it includes the levels that were only avaliable on the card reader.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

Some reports are saying that there was a suspicious person call about someone walking down the street with an AR, who opened fire as soon as police arrived, other reports are saying it was a gunfight between civilians (presumably gang members?) and when police responded they started taking fire. Police chief is asking that people report if they see someone in military-style fatigues or wearing a mask though, which makes it sound more like a copycat of the Dallas shooting, but it's not really clear if that's something he's got specific intelligence about or not.

Nope that's just Louisiana accent, kana. It's like a New York accent strained through grits

damnit Lud you're co-opting my punchlines

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I am absolutely vibrating from that movie I have so many feels.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    hulu serving me nonstop hormonal bc ads
    is this how you profile me, hulu?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Really tempted to pick up the GBA version of Super Mario Bros. 3 since it includes the levels that were only avaliable on the card reader.

On the eShop I mean

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

that may just be the acadian accent

baton rouge is, like, ground zero for acadiana

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Meet the perfect stranger through the Little Museum’s brilliant City of a Thousand Welcomes initiative, where an ordinary Dubliner will tell you about their home town over a free drink in a local pub.

omg

Omg

this hibernofetishization

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Meet the perfect stranger through the Little Museum’s brilliant City of a Thousand Welcomes initiative, where an ordinary Dubliner will tell you about their home town over a free drink in a local pub.

omg

Omg

i'm with desc's omg

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »

Best

Sanrio

Character

Ever

fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2016
    the acadian accent and the NOLA accent sound absolutely nothing alike

one sounds like Farmer Fran in The Waterboy and the other sounds like Emeril Lagasse

Atomika on
    The GBA Card Reader sounded cool but holy shit was the setup prohibitive. It was fine if you just wanted to play the NES games, if a bit cumbersome swiping 5 cards, but if you wanted to play the SMB3 levels you need 2 GBAs and a link cable. One GBA with the SMB3 cart and the other with the GBA and link cable.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wait...

Stranger Things episode 4 spoiler thoughts
    First, the monster makes me think of a skin walker.

Second that portal makes me think of the flesh interfaces thing on reddit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    the acadian accent and the NOLA accent sound absolutely nothing alike

one sounds like Rob Schneider in The Waterboy and the other sounds like Emeril Lagasse

Also there are like a half dozen different NOLA accents

fuck gendered marketing
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i like the hoi toider accent

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    hulu serving me nonstop hormonal bc ads
    is this how you profile me, hulu?

Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you are unable to find the nexplanon implant.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    There are tons of different LA accents that's true. That said, I feel like New York strained through grits is a fine descriptor for most of them. I mean a South Carolina accent sounds nothing like a MS accent to me but to outsiders? Eh.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »

Best

Sanrio

Character

Ever

Sanrio stands with us on the war against false metal

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I played like 12 hours of Banner Saga over the weekend, halfway maybe, it's much longer than I thought.

Damn good game so far. Maybe more of a visual novel with quite a lot of turn-based fighting in it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Just got out of ghostbusters. I... have a lot to say. For now, I will say Kate McKinnon is a treasure and on the strength of Holtzman alone that would be a great film.

Leslie Jones totally turns the perception of her character in the trailers on its head. Wiig and Mcarthy are awesome as the anchors of the film.

Is it classic? That's way too soon to say. It's a sequel. It's never going give you the tickle in your neck an original film is going to..,.but god damn it's great. Better than GB2 by far.
    Maybe later I'll write a love letter to it if anyone wants to read me rambling for way too many lines.

Suffice it to say, fuck the haters.

I think the single greatest scene was
    "Oh what's in here?"

*shines flashlight into storage room filled with mannequins*

"Room full of nightmares? Nope."

*shuts door*

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    There are tons of different LA accents that's true. That said, I feel like New York strained through grits is a fine descriptor for most of them. I mean a South Carolina accent sounds nothing like a MS accent to me but to outsiders? Eh.

at first i was like

I guess there's a ton of accents in the Los Angeles area, it's a big area, but the valley isn't that different from other parts of LA.

and then it hit me

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Yeah. And while Texas doesn't have a lot of accents, the difference between East Texas (Margot Martindale) and West Texas (Tommy Lee Jones) I find extremely noticeable, while most people probably wouldn't.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

It's adorable when you try to mask your accent.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Watching some Stranger Things. It is really good.

So good that if anyone hasn't seen it they are obligated to drop what they're doing and fix it

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    292291.gif?b64lines=IFdIQVQnUyBBIEJBVFRMRT8g

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    chat is slow this morning

everyone must be at church

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Seriously if you have not read the...
    The flesh interface stuff on reddit. Do. Because holy shit they are super similar.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I keep telling myself not to post in gun control threads but apparently I have no self control :P

I was at the church of Feig yes

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Yeah. And while Texas doesn't have a lot of accents, the difference between East Texas (Margot Martindale) and West Texas (Tommy Lee Jones) I find extremely noticeable, while most people probably wouldn't.

I can't tell a difference.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

I'm watching Star Trek because there's no God in the future. The Enterprise has been invaded by a living ball of light AGAIN, fuck you, you goddamn luminous terrorists.

i am reading about nuclear power reactor fuel cycles

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 2.9

@y2jake215 will create the new thread
    @override367 is backup

This discussion has been closed.