We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.
[Blight of the Immortals] Hex-Based Real-Time Fantasy Zombie Strategy Co-op FTP CCG
Blight of the Immortals!
This game came out a long time ago (5 whole years!) but recently underwent a major revision, adding a ton of stuff and changing the gameplay. A bunch of us played the earlier version and had a good time, and I've been playing the new version for a couple of weeks and it's a real solid little game. Easily one of the best phone-playable strategy games I've played.
- Real-time strategy (but very slow paced)
- Browser based (but optimized for phones and tablets)
- Co-op (but with small incentives for performance)
- Quasi-CCG (cards can be purchased but game currency/cards are awarded at a pretty good clip and you don't technically need any cards to play)
- Fantasy Zombies (Fantasy Zombies!)
- Sign up for an account.
- Pick a map.
- Pick a race/starting position, the type (Human, Goblin, Orc, Dwarf, Elf, Troll) and availability of which will depend on the map.
- Build a deck of cards for that game, which can include cards for other races (which you should include based upon what other races it looks like you'll have access to, based on your starting position).
- Game fires when it's filled.
- Wipe out all the zombies or be wiped out.
(this is a very small section of a large map)
- Settlements produce gold and allow recruitment of the that race's base unit.
- Cards are special units with special abilities (requiring mana), but still use population of the associated race to play, and must be played at a settlement of that race.
- Monster lairs produce monsters, but not gold, and especially tough zombie monsters if taken.
- Mana pools produce mana, and will generate a zombie boss if taken.
Often you win, and everybody get coins with which to buy new cards. Sometimes you lose (I think we're going to lose the game that screen shot is from), and you get the experience of being slowly overrun by an inexorable horde of the undead. Two kinds of fun!
Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with