As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcast]s are blood. [Podcast]s are life. Devote your ears

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    How in the hell is that called dabbing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Travis McElroy is officially an old man, because he has posted like 20 autoposts from a phone game to his Twitter and boy I wish web Twitter had temporary mute filters

Yeah I am just unfollowing now, it's Too Much

When Molly unfollows someone, they take notice.

thats what I thought

Too late though I already purged him, he's dunzo

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Today I learned that Dan Ryckert's new "stories from my life book" is inspired by David Sedaris books and also that Dan is a huge fan of David Sedaris

That dude still surprises me sometimes

I hope he's got a decent editor for it.

I'm not suggesting he's a bad writer, but essays require a different touch than fiction.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The most important tweet TWA has ever received

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The most important tweet TWA has ever received

I am extremely disappointed in myself right now.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I have a super hard time focusing on Dungeon World FatT. Like, if I am doing anything else at all I am lost. I seem to only be able to listen to it sitting perfectly still while staring at a blank wall. Which is not something I am going to be able to do for the entirety of it.

I did not have this trouble with Adventure Zone.

It's weird, like, I really like it when I'm paying attention but I just can't keep a hold of it (though this is also true of Counter/Weight for me) I'll suddenly 'wake up' and realize I have no idea what they're talking about and have to rewind and it'll happen again really quickly

I'm so close to loving FatT and I keep trying to but it feels like I'm just incapable of experiencing it and that makes me sad

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    How in the hell is that called dabbing

You do it when there's like, a strong jump in the music like when the guitar drops on roundabout

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

What does NGBL stand for? I know NG = No Goblin...

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I just assumed it was No GoBLin.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It stands for "we need four letters for this to make sense."

• Options
    Hey so

The next episode we record for TWA is the infamous Rapping Pumpkin Monster episode

We are looking for a guest who grew up with rap as a kid and who has a better understanding than we do of the weird marketing appropriation Rap went through in its early stages with the Rappin Grannies and Rappin Santas and whatnot

If you're interested let me know!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    no goblin ball league

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Having decided to do a rather silly thing while editing this episode, I think I can confidently say I can recognise the waveform of someone saying "Pokemon" purely by sight now.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hey so

The next episode we record for TWA is the infamous Rapping Pumpkin Monster episode

We are looking for a guest who grew up with rap as a kid and who has a better understanding than we do of the weird marketing appropriation Rap went through in its early stages with the Rappin Grannies and Rappin Santas and whatnot

Also I will not be there, so if you really want to be on TWA but can't stand that one guy, this is your big opportunity.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am setting off the siren right now, new premium GB video where Brad and Dan go after the latest Elusive Target (non-Busey division) in Hitman

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Oh yeah and since we're redoing our Moncast recording due to spooky haunted episodes, does anyone want to guest with us for what is commonly described as an uncharacteristically good episode?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Hey so

yo

Lorahalo wrote: »
    Oh yeah and since we're redoing our Moncast recording due to spooky haunted episodes, does anyone want to guest with us for what is commonly described as an uncharacteristically good episode?

yo

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Hey so

I have opinions about talking, jackolantern-headed monsters if there's a free seat.
    96s83oJ.jpg

• Options
    Zack, you should have realized that post was going to result in enough volunteers that you'll have to put out an "Oops, All Guests" episode.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Zack, you should have realized that post was going to result in enough volunteers that you'll have to put out an "Oops, All Guests" episode.

Listen I wanted to give the friendly people chance to be on okay

Depends on how many regulars can't make it but I'll let you guys know @-Tal and @Tankhammer

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Hey so

If you change your mind and want a guest that knows basically nothing about rap, I'll be there.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Hey so

yo, mtv raps

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    If it helps I was also in a rap video once.

https://youtu.be/toBe0K0oFc4

• Options
    if the cia ever needs to torture me they only need to force me to watch videos of white people ironically rapping

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    if the cia ever needs to torture me they only need to force me to watch videos of white people ironically rapping

does a pumpkin count as a white person

• Options

I dunno I think white people sincerely rapping might be worse. At least the ironic ones are self-aware and supposed to be embarrassing.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Nah, ironic is definitely worse.

White people sincerely rapping can actually be good.

White people ironically rapping is a statement that rap is not a valid or worthwhile genre of music.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

White people ironically rapping is a statement that rap is not a valid or worthwhile genre of music.

I'm not talking about the handful that are talented.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    bad sincere rap is painful no matter the race

• Options

Yeah, there's always this undercurrent of, "Isn't it hilarious that I'm lowering myself like this?"

Like, there isn't a whole rash of white people ironically sucking at classical music, or country music, or any "real" music. There's this implication that rap is a joke anyway, so it's the """"fun""" kind of embarrassing to dabble in it.

• Options
    Also, ironic rapping isn't necessarily a statement on rapping. It can be a statement on white people.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I was house sitting this week, and the house somehow got Canada's indigenous TV station, so that was basically all I watched

There was this nightly block of music videos, and boy, there is some bad Indian rap out there, holy crap. Like these two Apache brothers with dwarfism who did a rap about making shawtys do a rain dance

There was also a guy who rapped partially in Anishinaabe, which was fucking sick as hell, so it was overall worth it I guess

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Also, ironic rapping isn't necessarily a statement on rapping. It can be a statement on white people.

I mean, I don't think most folks are going at it with the thought, "Oh hell yeah I'm gonna make fun of black people by doing this"

But the undercurrent is definitely there

Pursuing any art form ironically is partially based around devaluing the work of the people who pursue it in earnest
    I was house sitting this week, and the house somehow got Canada's indigenous TV station, so that was basically all I watched

There was this nightly block of music videos, and boy, there is some bad Indian rap out there, holy crap. Like these two Apache brothers with dwarfism who did a rap about making shawtys do a rain dance

There was also a guy who rapped partially in Anishinaabe, which was fucking sick as hell, so it was overall worth it I guess

Yo who is this Anishinaabe rapper, that sounds sweet as hell

• Options

I mean, I don't think most folks are going at it with the thought, "Oh hell yeah I'm gonna make fun of black people by doing this"

Pursuing any art form ironically is partially based around devaluing the work of the people who pursue it in earnest

100% disagree.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Hmm

I dunno, I don't think like, Steel Panther secretly think glam rock is dumb

I think you can 'ironically' do something out of pure love for it

I think Turbo Kid or Blood Dragon or any of those pastiches are also pretty good examples of that

That said, stuff like Malibu's Most Wanted or whatever is pretty clearly derogatory, yes

• Options
    Ironically does not mean comically, although the two have a lot of crossover

You can do something with a sense of humor without it being due to a sneering distaste for it

I feel like by definition when you do something ironically you are doing it because you dislike it

• Options

You can do something with a sense of humor without it being due to a sneering distaste for it

I feel like by definition when you do something ironically you are doing it because you dislike it

Then you have the wrong definition for irony. It's okay though, most people do.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Then you have the wrong definition for irony. It's okay though, most people do.

What would you consider the correct definition? Specifically in the sense of liking something or doing something ironically?

Because in usage, that's what the vast majority of people I have encountered are referring to when they say that they like something ironically.

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    White people rapping is like rain on your wedding day.

This discussion has been closed.