As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ask Tube (G&T edition)

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited July 2016 in Games and Technology
We did this in SE a while back and it was pretty interesting! This is a place to ask me any questions you have, about the forum or other stuff or whatever.

Some guidelines!
1. There is no combination of questions that leads to the chat thread coming back.
2. If you're shitty I won't answer your question ain't nobody got time for that
3. If I don't answer your question I may have missed it, or already answered it for someone else or maybe it was terrible! Please don't repost it I will go back for ones I missed periodically
4. If you have a goofy question that's fine but if I get webbed up the serious questions will get precedent and I might not answer your goofy question

Ok shoot

Tube on

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Do you hate G&T more than other Subforums here? If so, why?

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    What's the deepest, darkest hole of a skinner box you've fallen down?

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    urahonky wrote: »
    Do you hate G&T more than other Subforums here? If so, why?

No, I hate D&D more than the other subforums because it's more of a pain in my arse.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Best Final Fantasy?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    How much do you love Hitman 2?

JtgVX0H.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    At this point I think Tube may hate the Hitman 2 jokes more than Hitman 2 itself.

YL9WnCY.png
    cB557 wrote: »
    What's the deepest, darkest hole of a skinner box you've fallen down?

I'm not a big skinner box guy really. I guess SWTOR by default because it's the main one I've played.
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Best Final Fantasy?

8. Also Khoo's favourite.
    Darmak wrote: »
    How much do you love Hitman 2?

I actually don't really like that game at all

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Who wins between Witcher 3's Ciri and XCOM 2's Jane Kelly?

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Why haven't you watched Stranger Things yet?

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    What are you playing right now? What have you played the most over the last year?

Durinia wrote: »
    Who wins between Witcher 3's Ciri and XCOM 2's Jane Kelly?

I guess Jane Kelly because I don't know who either of them are but I've played X Com 2
    Gilbert0 wrote: »
    What are you playing right now? What have you played the most over the last year?

Total Warhammer is my current jam. Probably my most played is Fallout 4, unfortunately I played it until I hated it.

Handgimp wrote: »

I dunno what is it

What's your favorite weapon from a shooter?

• FryFry Registered User regular
    What happened to "Shiny" and "Witness Me"? Those were great.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    What's your favorite Pokemon? What's your highest CP level Pokemon right now? Where can I capture a Charizard in the LA area?

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Do you miss mcc?

ztrEPtD.gif
    What's your favorite weapon from a shooter?

I don't play a lot of shooters. I guess the shotgun from doom.

Actually just the regular pistol from Hitman. That was a good weapon. It felt like a real thing.
    Fry wrote: »

We cycle those out once the joke is stale. There'll be a new set when Icy or myself thinks of something good.
    Brogey wrote: »
    What's your favorite Pokemon? What's your highest CP level Pokemon right now? Where can I capture a Charizard in the LA area?

Hang on let me get my phone. I have a 416 Ninetails!

I don't know much about LA poogles, but I know I'd go to your mom's house if I wanted to catch Krabbys

ArcTangent wrote: »
    Do you miss mcc?

Yes and no. Yes because I think she's great and love her games, no because it seems like her current niche suits her way better. She's outgrown being a mod here I think.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Tube wrote: »
    Brogey wrote: »
    Hang on let me get my phone. I have a 416 Ninetails!

I don't know much about LA poogles, but I know I'd go to your mom's house if I wanted to catch Krabbys

Judging from that burn, I'd guess you're closer to a Charizard than you may have expected.
    Am I doing this right?

see317 on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Do you miss mcc?

Yes and no. Yes because I think she's great and love her games, no because it seems like her current niche suits her way better. She's outgrown being a mod here I think.

She makes games?

JtgVX0H.png
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular

I dunno what is it

https://youtu.be/XWxyRG_tckY

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    Do you miss mcc?

She makes games?

Unless I'm getting confused, she's made a couple. She made a really great mini IF game I played a few years ago.

Man I hope I'm not confusing her with someone else, that would be embarrassing.

I dunno what is it

https://youtu.be/XWxyRG_tckY

Oh I'm already watching that

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Do you miss mcc?

She makes games?

Unless I'm getting confused, she's made a couple. She made a really great mini IF game I played a few years ago.

Man I hope I'm not confusing her with someone else, that would be embarrassing.

She makes games.
    https://runhello.com/

I'm going to assume that you mean the one about lesbian spider Mars queens.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Would you like to see some pictures of cute horses and a cat, living in the wild Canadian west?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Do you ever have to turn down applications to post Indie Games on that subforum, and for what reasons?

Oh brilliant
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Tube, why don't people in their 20s join social groups?

YL9WnCY.png
    Do you ever have to turn down applications to post Indie Games on that subforum, and for what reasons?

Yeah, every now and then. Sometimes it's because the game is an absolute shit show and I just say "this isn't ready for primetime dude, sorry". Sometimes it's a really scummy game with a bunch of copyright infringement. One time it was kind of a sexist game and I really didn't need the hassle in my life.

Mostly it's just "hey dude no kickstarter links can you cut that out" and they do. Sometimes someone sends an all text OP and I sent back "you should throw some images or a video in there or no one will read it" and they never respond.

The IG forum project actually taught me a lot about where indies go wrong with their promotion.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Is there anything you'd change about the forums, functionally or culturally, what would it be and why?

Buttcleft wrote: »
    Is there anything you'd change about the forums, functionally or culturally, what would it be and why?

Oof.

Functionally I want a plugin that restricts the image size that can be posted. People sometimes say "but if it's against the rules why does the software let me post it" and they've kind of got a point. New plugins are expensive though, so we have to hope Vanilla will roll it into the product. It's not something I'm going to put thousands of dollars into.

Culturally a new thing that annoys me crops up every year or so, it's just part of the winds of change. There's no perfect forum culture. A few years ago we were a little under-sensitive, now we can be a little over-sensitive. It's likely to swing back at some point.

If I had to pick one thing (and this is more of an SE thing), it would be "can we not...?" where people use that phrase to try and control the conversation, make other people feel shitty and reinforce their own personal branding as a Good Person.

Who's mcc?

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Who's mcc?

She does the GOTY polls!

Oh brilliant
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Would you like to see some pictures of cute horses and a cat, living in the wild Canadian west?

I guess?

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Who is your favorite Mass Effect character?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Why the angry hedgehog?

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

i guess this is an SE++ thing but I always wondered this about the child's play event announcement - was there some kind of shady thing that happened to prompt it?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    What was your first gaming console (or a computer)?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Have you ever been in a long-distance relationship with a forum member and, if not, would you consider it? With me?

What's worse in Total Warhammer, marauder horsemen or the entire greenskin race?

Are you the magic man?
  • TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

We cycle those out once the joke is stale. There'll be a new set when Icy or myself thinks of something good.

Speaking of stale jokes, is SE going to get its name changed back as well?

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
This discussion has been closed.