As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

throwing a no-[chat]er, on acid

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    toxic megacolon sounds like a bearforce1 album

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    The time lag on food poisoning depends what type it is. Viral and bacterial food poisoning take longer to onset (a day or two, iirc), whereas food poisoning from toxic chemicals is faster (can be as fast as an hour or two, again iirc).

My stomach is a delicate flower, so I've had occasion to look it up—though none too recently, thankfully, which is also why the exact time ranges are hazy.
    There's also the kind where bacteria grows on the food (bacteria is on pretty much ALL of your food all the time anyway), and reheating or cooking it kills the bacteria, but the toxic byproduct from the bacteria still remains. The textbook example (as in, the thing that's in all of the medical textbooks I've read on food poisoning and will be on the test) of this is reheated rice and Bacillus cereus. It can leave behind a toxin that is heat-stable even when cooked at 250 degrees Farenheit for 90 minutes!

never reheating rice again
    This is the thing: 99% of the time, reheated rice is fine and safe. In fact, most of the time, Bacillus cereus won't cause illness! They are competing with all sorts of other microorganisms in the microbiome of the food and can't generate enough numbers to cause you to queef or barf. But that other 1% of the time, you are a textbook example for a medical student.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Barfpoop is my smashmouth cover band.

We just play All Star over and over.

Important:

Do you play the song, finish, then play again?

Or have you arranged the song such that it loops indefinitely? Chorus, verse, chorus, verse and so on until every listener has left in disgust?

The first one at Proms, the Second one at Weddings.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    FCC and are I grossing out chat again with an extra sprinkling of lud

I love it

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    echo you madman

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Toxic Megacolon is the name of my next band.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    a
    bowen wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I got toxin food poisoning from a steakhouse a few years ago. Literally halfway through dinner I was like "we have to go."

Barely made it home.

I spent ~18 hours barfing, shitting (mainly shitting) and crying

I haven't eaten at a sit down restaurant in nearly 6 months after mine.

It was the worst 2 days I've ever experienced in my life.

idk if it's like this everywhere, but at least here you can report food poisoning online to the health department and then they'll do a surprise inspection

which, even if they don't find anything, is at least some form of punishment
    some places require a sample of the food to culture before they will do that

Who still has that by the time they're getting sick, tho?

no one
    ):

• BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Barfpoop is my smashmouth cover band.

We just play All Star over and over.

Just like the real smash smouth

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The time lag on food poisoning depends what type it is. Viral and bacterial food poisoning take longer to onset (a day or two, iirc), whereas food poisoning from toxic chemicals is faster (can be as fast as an hour or two, again iirc).

My stomach is a delicate flower, so I've had occasion to look it up—though none too recently, thankfully, which is also why the exact time ranges are hazy.
    There's also the kind where bacteria grows on the food (bacteria is on pretty much ALL of your food all the time anyway), and reheating or cooking it kills the bacteria, but the toxic byproduct from the bacteria still remains. The textbook example (as in, the thing that's in all of the medical textbooks I've read on food poisoning and will be on the test) of this is reheated rice and Bacillus cereus. It can leave behind a toxin that is heat-stable even when cooked at 250 degrees Farenheit for 90 minutes!

This is the thing: 99% of the time, reheated rice is fine and safe. In fact, most of the time, Bacillus cereus won't cause illness! They are competing with all sorts of other microorganisms in the microbiome of the food and can't generate enough numbers to cause you to queef or barf. But that other 1% of the time, you are a textbook example for a medical student.

i

queef?

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I shit blood once.

I just lied down like a tiger in the wild waiting to die.

I made peace with the idea of being found in the bathroom dead.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    anyways
    heres a picture of my rect-

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i have no idea how to measure calories for the chicken i eat

this is significantly throwing off my calorie measurements

a skinless boneless breast is like 110 calories for 4 oz

that's all i know

pre or post cooking?? i have found no true answer, except "it depends"

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    I shit blood once.

oh once

yeah me too

just

just once

anyways
    heres a picture of my rect-

as you can see per the label figure 1a

• japanjapan Registered User regular

i

queef?

One of those things that you start to google but then realise it's stopped giving search suggestions

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Chicken legs clock in significantly higher though 200-250kcal/100g. And it depends on how you cook it, the skin especially can absorb a lot of fat.

But chicken is pretty great for eating a big meal when calorie restricted.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    I shit blood once.

Near the end, after waking up a dozen times to shit myself to death and dry heaving up bile, I begged my g/f to kill me to end my suffering.

"It's okay" I assured her
    "I'll write the police a note and call 911 and tell them it was okay"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    the funny thing is, when you're delirious from shitting and you're delicately patting your angry, red, ruined sphincter with toilet paper you start trying to make different blood splotch patterns

like some fucked up spirograph

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Geth wrote: »
    Affirmative Echo. Thread will be recycled after 101 pages.

@Hakkekage

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    1. Ride bike out to lunch
    2. Eat a big plate of eggplant parm with wine
    3. Think hey cool lets get some extra riding in around the park on the way home
    4. Get home and rethink life choice
    5. ugggh

can you feel the struggle within?
    japan wrote: »

i

queef?

One of those things that you start to google but then realise it's stopped giving search suggestions

oh i know what it means

just

never related it to food poisoning

maybe you don't have this word on your side

the funny thing is, when you're delirious from shitting and you're delicately patting your angry, red, ruined sphincter with toilet paper you start trying to make different blood splotch patterns

Did you wet it down so it stopped hurting so much too?

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    poopaloop

poo
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Chicken legs clock in significantly higher though 200-250kcal/100g. And it depends on how you cook it, the skin especially can absorb a lot of fat.

like i just ate chicken.. i dunno, probably the size of my hand, 1-1.5 inches thick

i have it calculated at 600 cals but it seems way too high

C8Ft8GE.jpg

nah when I felt I was done for a bit I'd swab with vaseline

like i just ate chicken.. i dunno, probably the size of my hand, 1-1.5 inches thick

A thick breast cutlet is probably round 600 Cals without skin.

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    So....the lawnmower might be broken (yard is an open dumpster for cars to dump their bags, beer cans, and raising canes to go boxes) and has plastic bag wrapped around the blade shaft.

I also stepped on a fire ant hive so my foot is covered in pus-bug bites.

Can I go home?

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    1. Ride bike out to lunch
    2. Eat a big plate of eggplant parm with wine
    3. Think hey cool lets get some extra riding in around the park on the way home
    4. Get home and rethink life choice
    5. ugggh

You are way into Pokemon Go.

that's all i know

oh hmm

• porpporp Registered User regular

Jesus. You all have had major havoc in your bholes.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

If it was a chicken breast, those usually weigh in around 200g each or so. Which would put it at 220kcal.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK

i guess the thing is

it's not going to gain calories when you cook it

and 600 cals would be like 1.5lbs of chicken

that's a lot of chicken

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    ok i'm back
    vague posting is the best
    what is the appropriate level of self-flagellation in a email when you fix a fuckup

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »

Everyone in chat has had at least one buttbarf experience that left us the scarred emotionless husks we are now

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    lets talk about pegging that's only like one step over

that's all i know

oh hmm

yea! i've been conservative and using pre-cook weights but it can be like an almost 2x difference in calories

some days i could be either undereating by 300-500 calories or overeating by the same, depending on which one is right

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    That moment when you realize you overestimated how much TP you have left...

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You're not supposed to reheat rice?

I eat rice or pasta every day, I have very likely reheated rice around 5000 times. Never barfpooping.

PSN: Honkalot
    porp wrote: »

Lady, it was like clay aiken's first Fantasy Fest

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't mean to brag but I reheat rice a lot.

PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.