As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Overwatch: New hero, Ana, out now

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Turns out that Overwatch is a Destiny prequel.

GOOD

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    all I want

is one dead eye quadkill+

just stand the hell still and stop shooting me you assholes

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Got a deadeye quad kill awhile back. It was on Volskya. Did it by sneaking around and coming in from behind on point b. One person on the enemy team was really confused/angry until the potg showed my taking them out. The road hog saw me but by then it was too late :)

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was playing a game with @Mysst today and we saw a POTG that was a 5 Kill deadeye

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I was playing a game with @Mysst today and we saw a POTG that was a 5 Kill deadeye

One time I flashbanged someone out of the air with McCree. They landed behind me and killed me.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    People need to start respecting Symmetra's left click.
    https://youtu.be/wGVngBqLG-s

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Gotta love that Void Ray. I also love that if you've hit max damage with it, it'll retain the charge between successive targets for a bit.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Gotta love that Void Ray. I also love that if you've hit max damage with it, it'll retain the charge between successive targets for a bit.

Ya the Mercy coming in at the end there died approximately 0.1 seconds after that reload finished heh

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So does Ana really have no ability to actually get to high places
    You know
    For sniping

Ana is for sniping into crowds. Both of allies and of enemies.

Ideally both at the same time.

I actually think it's so she always has allies in her sights

I got on a high ledge and suddenly realized I hadn't healed anyone in a little bit because I was too busy looking where the enemies were. I really wish there were an option to always see ally health bars on the side of the screen

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    I would love cross over theme skins from blizzards other franchises

I couldn't care less about Warcraft at this point but I would love to see some StarCraft skins, and stuff from their less well-known IP

Kyle Blackthorne Reaper being the oft-repeated example

also a D3 Barbarian Reinhardt makes sense

oh also Nova Widowmaker

If they don't make a Blackthorn double shotgun Reaper skin for this game, I quit forever.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'd love a Kerrigan/Nova widowmaker skin or Tassadar Zenny, but I don't think they're gonna go down the whole crossover rout.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    finally can afford some new armor for pharah :biggrin: gonna grab a highlight intro while i'm at it

also, lucio's wallriding finally clicked for me tonight! came in handy for skating out of the well

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    What if they made cosplay skins based on other Blizzard games? SC2 is already a game in that universe.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Give them all to DVA.

Also, give her a Hero of my Storm outfit, just as an excuse to give her a labcoat.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    @builderr0r

Good games earlier. Dunno if you have a mic, but I had mine unplugged anyway. Had to go, but I'd play again sometime. We can join party chat then.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Just had this game on Hanamura, on our defense I was playing roadhog and this poor 76 would pop his head in the gateway and just about every time get hooked and deleted. I think I had 100% hook accuracy against him. I almost felt bad.

Also yes, D.Va Goliath or Immortal skin.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Dumb Thought

I want a skin for D.va where her mech form is like a giant Zero Suit D.va, and when that explodes, her run around zero suit, is instead a little tiny mech

Edit: Also this gif

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    how even
    his gun only holds six bullets!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Started a game, which was going to be attack on Hanamura, and my gut feeling that things weren't going to go well when 2 of my team mates immediately picked Genji.

Then, 2 of my other team mates picked Tracer

Surprisingly
    We lost horribly

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I think Hanamura is my least favourite level. The initial assault on A seems like total feast or famine. What characters would people recommend for each side?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    I think Hanamura is my least favourite level. The initial assault on A seems like total feast or famine. What characters would people recommend for each side?

My brother and I like running a Mei/Roadhog combo on defense.

Can hook people inside the gate and ice wall them away from teammates.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

I use Lucio most of the time anyway, but he's good for both sides. On defense you can boop people off the point, and it's pretty easy to keep people in line of sight for healing.

On offense obviously still the healing, but you can also speed boost to the point, past any turrets. This usually forces the defending team to scramble to the point.

Edit: That's for attacking A.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Best trick I've ever seen on Hanamura A (and also on Anubis A, actually) was to have a Mei drop an ice wall at a slight angle just inside the choke point doors, giving the rest of the team a covered path into the doorway to the right (left on Anubis). The whole team piled through, around and along the top, and then rushed the point from the side, avoiding the Torb & Bastion killbox that had been set up over the courtyard

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I often play Zarya on Hanamura defense. The gates provide great cover to pop in and out, bubbling to get power and ducking away to let shields recharge. The constant right clicks are enough to keep people from rushing straight in. My favorite tank partner is probably Roadhog due to ease of bubbling. And everyone just has to shoot at him for what they think is free ult but is actually just free energy for me.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I'll always have a soft spot for Dva, I play on Xbox one now mostly (my friends are all there), and I got my 20 player killer streak achievement with her. With a good team and the right circumstances, the ability to harass and annoy and then get away and come back later is just fantastic. Now that they've fixed the shield to make it a viable part of your overall approach to both getting into and out of combat I'm going to probably play as her more

@Prohass Are we friends yet? I'm on the Xbox One too. What's your GT?

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Rainfall wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Apparently the omniums were indeed corrupted by "God programs"

Sombra is prob one of em

God programs include Athena and Anubis, Sombra doesn't fit that naming scheme.
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Turns out that Overwatch is a Destiny prequel.

AI-COM/

ATNA/ANBS/SMBR/RSPN/SIVA

That would be pretty funny. Overwatch could fit as the Pre Golden Age. Just need to find a giant orb on Mars now

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

I like D.va for attack. Pair her with a Tracer or Reaper then both of you go through the left window and around the side path. Grab the health pack them push the point to force defenders to leave the gate allowing the rest of your team to push through.

I've had decent success with that tactic.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I'll always have a soft spot for Dva, I play on Xbox one now mostly (my friends are all there), and I got my 20 player killer streak achievement with her. With a good team and the right circumstances, the ability to harass and annoy and then get away and come back later is just fantastic. Now that they've fixed the shield to make it a viable part of your overall approach to both getting into and out of combat I'm going to probably play as her more

Prohass Are we friends yet? I'm on the Xbox One too. What's your GT?

hey crew I am also on xbox one

GT is mitchapaloozaa, I've been internet-less since moving but will be back on watch after this weekend

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Got a potg as Symmetra this morning just as Ana put me to sleep. Turrets took out two and I woke up and beamed her into oblivion.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    I often play Zarya on Hanamura defense. The gates provide great cover to pop in and out, bubbling to get power and ducking away to let shields recharge. The constant right clicks are enough to keep people from rushing straight in. My favorite tank partner is probably Roadhog due to ease of bubbling. And everyone just has to shoot at him for what they think is free ult but is actually just free energy for me.

I love playing Symmetra, so Hanamura is my jam (at least on defense). Offense, I'll usually go Pharah, because I know where the good sentry turret places are and I can skate around the huge cockblock gates pretty well.

Anubis is still barely playable for me on offense. Starting to like Gibraltar less and less over time either to defend or assault.

• Options

I like D.va for attack. Pair her with a Tracer or Reaper then both of you go through the left window and around the side path. Grab the health pack them push the point to force defenders to leave the gate allowing the rest of your team to push through.

I've had decent success with that tactic.

Yes, if they have a Symmetra, never ever go right. Torb turrets will usually be either on the roof to the left or in the actual Obj A, usually facing backwards to catch people coming around the sides.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    When will I get ana on Ps4?!

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    When will I get ana on Ps4?!

Blizzard have been relatively poor when it comes to keeping console players up to date. I understand that patches take longer, but the Torbjorn turret changes were mentioned 3 week ago.

The McCree and Widowmaker nerf (I'm surprised they were exactly the same on consoles) I think we had to wait 2 weeks; it wasn't until competitive was released on consoles that their changes happened.

Ultimately, nobody knows and your guess is as good as mine. It couldn't happen this weekend, it could happen 2-3 weeks from know.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    given that this patch glitched a whole bunch of things, they probably need to fix that first

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm surprised they didn't have the console version arranged in such a way where they can make balance changes without pushing a patch

It's what a lot of fighting games do nowadays

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Jeff Kaplan has said the patch has been sent to Sony and Microsoft so it's up to them now when it's released

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I don't wanna have to buy this on pc... :(

I suck at pc shooters anyway. I can't keep up with the robotic precision some people get with the mouse.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Uriel wrote: »
    I don't wanna have to buy this on pc... :(

I suck at pc shooters anyway. I can't keep up with the robotic precision some people get with the mouse.

I have it on PS4 after getting used to the beta on PC

It's a perfectly good version of this game! The biggest difference is that there are less Widowmakers, but since she, like every sniper in all games, is the opposite of fun, that's really a net gain!

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I would like to get more shooters on PC since accuracy is my biggest struggle skill-wise(Not bad just not as good as I know it can be).

But all my friends play on console so whatevs.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    So I just got two POTGs in 3 games

one of them with Bastion, the other one with Torbjorn

the Bastion one I did only two kills with his ult but it was overtime and it cleared the point so fair enough

the Torbjorn one I was way up high on Hollywood, popped my ult and shot down and killed Reinhardt... and that's it

I guess the game decided that was a clutch kill for some reason?

I told my group HEY GUYS REMEMBER WHEN I SHOT? and got some good laughs from it at least.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.