As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twitter posts no longer showing up in Chrome

DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
Currently no tweets are displaying for me, not even tweets from pages I saw Twitter posts on previously. This started happening... not sure exactly, but earlier today all tweets were displaying properly.

EDIT: Now they are displaying, but they were not for a good 15 minutes. *shrug*

DarkPrimus on

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    They have disappeared for me. They keep coming and going.

Version 49.0.2623.112 m

Edit: Appears to be working in Microsoft Edge.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    It's not just Chrome, not seeing them in Firefox here

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    From the wierd spacing, I don't think it's working on mobile safari either. Can someone put a tweet here to check it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Tweets are gone for me too, they were working yesterday. Mobile Chrome v 51.0.2704.81.

Oddly the posts leave a gap like they're trying to embed the tweet as opposed to just keeping the link.

Edit: Aaaand they're working again. Weird.

emp123 on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    This happened for me last night too, then it came back. And it was working fine this morning until just a few minutes ago. I tested it both in Chrome and Firefox.

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Today, in Firefox, I'm experiencing embedded tweets not appearing, but the space is there for one (like, one line break, not just a big blank square where the tweet would be).

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I wasn't having issues last night but today I am noticing missing tweets in desktop firefox

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Oddly I can tweets appear properly embedded in desktop Chrome, but not mobile Chrome.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    What I'm getting is random - sometimes the tweets work, sometimes they don't. usually just a reload of a page will give me the missing tweets, but sometimes not. This is on both mobile and desktop chrome.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    McKidMcKid Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    What I'm getting is random - sometimes the tweets work, sometimes they don't. usually just a reload of a page will give me the missing tweets, but sometimes not. This is on both mobile and desktop chrome.

I've also seen this behavior on desktop Safari

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    they're displaying properly again for me on desktop firefox right now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm seeing them properly now (Firefox on my desktop).