As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

American Democracy: Presidential Edition - Vote Your Conscience!

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    1) Goddamnit I can't place this music. They wouldn't want to use a liberal-themed movie, but.. ugh. I know I've heard this!

2) Fake flags?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    If Ivanka were running for president instead of her father I'd be slightly impressed for who the Republicans chose. She's actually coming across as reasonable, moderate and has good oratory skills...which is something we haven't seen in this entire convention.

Shes like the girl from the munsters...

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The staging where he has two Secret Service looking dudes on stage.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Ashamed for my country

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Oh God help me what has this party done...

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Variable wrote: »
    These are Clinton talking points right? Since when do they cheer equal pay for equal work?

Trump is whatever you need him to be, baby. As long as you need him to be a massive authoritarian populist asshole. He doesn't have the ideological conservative bones to know that he should oppose equal pay, and doesn't actually care if it happens or not so why not promise it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    If Ivanka were running for president instead of her father I'd be slightly impressed for who the Republicans chose. She's actually coming across as reasonable, moderate and has good oratory skills...which is something we haven't seen in this entire convention.

The problem is, though, that she'd still be a Republican:

@EWErickson: "Stay at home moms will be second class citizens in Trump's America."

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    1) Goddamnit I can't place this music. They wouldn't want to use a liberal-themed movie, but.. ugh. I know I've heard this!

2) Fake flags?

Air Force One

steam_sig.png
    Oh God.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • notdroidnotdroid Registered User regular
    Well this officially confirms it. No speaker at this convention is able to properly carry on a "USA!" chant.

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    He's already off script!

steam_sig.png
  • AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    Jesus the hip pat.....

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man, this image looks so Orwellian. Giant monitor, grinning out of the side of his mouth, security flanking him...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Please diss Cruz.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

i said 'immediately' and i meant 'immediately'. :lol:

• RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Holy hell

!
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Literally already worse than his daughter. That was an instant downfall. Didn't even have to try. Sad!

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Stiff as fuck.

Dems still got more votes than you Donny Smallhands

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    You know, Trump, when you combine those numbers, that also means you got the most votes AGAINST you ever.

And did he just say that it was shameful the Dems got 20% fewer votes in a primary when Obama was running unopposed? or did I hear the wrong year?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I can't watch it because I will become apoplectic so I just want to know how often he goes off script.

Back on script!

Back to the teleprompter.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    That's not how you say that form of "address," dipshit

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    htm wrote: »

The problem is, though, that she'd still be a Republican:

@EWErickson: "Stay at home moms will be second class citizens in Trump's America."

Is she actually a Republican? I figured at best she's unaffiliated. Most of her speeches I've seen paint her as a moderate.

camo_sig2.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    How can it be possible to stop all crime?

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I have every confidence in Trump's ability to destroy law and order in this country and turn it into dictatorship and oppression.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/gop-convention-day-four-election-2016/?#livepress-update-14991634
    Ivanka Trump just said motherhood, rather than gender itself, is now the driver of the wage gap. That’s a bit of an exaggeration — women make less than men on average across ages. But it’s certainly true that the wage gap grows significantly when women take time off to raise children. Progressives, of course, argue that means the U.S. should require companies to offer paid parental leave so that new parents can take time off, and to provide child care so they can go back to work when they’re ready. But achieving real gender parity is hard; research suggests that generous leave benefits can in some cases hold women back because companies assume they will take off time to have children. (Some Scandinavian countries have begun pushing men to take time off, too, to achieve more balance.)

For more on this, check out our Kitchen Table Podcast on the cost of raising children.

His hands really are tiny, aren't they?

No people, no crime.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    No more death in America!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Oh man. I just.. got chills, thinking of people trying to attack on Jan. 20th...

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Nuclear apocalypse?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Man....he didn't even read over his script, did he? This is no West Wing level of preparedness here.

I have every confidence in Trump's ability to destroy law and order in this country and turn it into dictatorship and oppression.

He wants to commit clear war crimes. Truly the law and order guy.

• notdroidnotdroid Registered User regular
    Here we go...

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    ...so Trump's saying he's going to use Martial Law to stop all the violence? Because, otherwise, policing is handled by the states themselves.

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    The 'political correctness' bugbear. Ugh.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    How many points on the demagogue scale is "safety will be restored!"? My meter broke

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

get rid of all the laws?

This discussion has been closed.